Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2845659 times)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
Re: Liverpool FC complete signing of Mohamed Salah
« Reply #320 on: June 23, 2017, 05:41:22 am »
Don't worry, I heard they built better defences after Katrina.

Haha!
Took me some time, but eventually got it.
Well played.  ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #321 on: June 23, 2017, 05:43:45 am »
Welcome Salah! YNWA.

And that shirt looks awesome!!
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Red Future

• Main Stander
« Reply #322 on: June 23, 2017, 06:10:55 am »
Awesome. I was upset when we didn't manage him earlier, but he's a much better player now. Just two years ago, Sterling, our one good winger for god knows how long left for City. And now we have two wingers who are both far better than sterling hahaha

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: June 23, 2017, 06:20:43 am »
Welcome Mo!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #324 on: June 23, 2017, 06:29:48 am »
CONFIRMED: Liverpool complete £36.9 million signing of Mohamed Salah
The very next sentence:
Liverpool have confirmed the £34.3 million signing of Egypt international winger Mohamed Salah from Roma, their second arrival of the summer.
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/06/confirmed-liverpool-complete-34-3-million-signing-mohamed-salah/
::)

I'm lost...

But welcome Mo Salah!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: June 23, 2017, 06:36:58 am »
We got any of those new hyper slow motion cameras at Anfield to see Mo/Bobby/Mane in action? Be hard without them.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #326 on: June 23, 2017, 07:36:26 am »
Looks like a great signing. Happy days.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline DadsRedArmy

• from Thetford
  • Anny Roader
  • Top 2 this season
« Reply #327 on: June 23, 2017, 07:53:37 am »
Welcome Salah  ;D

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #328 on: June 23, 2017, 07:54:58 am »
Welcome Mo(?). fantastic signing, can't wait to see him tearing teams a new one. Just look at how often Mane made the difference in games for us last season, and how we missed him when he was out. Salah is in the same mould and having the ability to call on two wingers of that caliber makes me excited for next season.

The only downside to this signing is that with Salah taking the 11 shirt and Firmino moving to number 9, looks like Milner's going to have to stay at left back to give the RAWK "squad numbers aren't like they were back in my day" crew something to keep complaining about... ;D

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: June 23, 2017, 08:02:30 am »
Has thi been asked?

Why M.Salah?

Why not just Salah, on the shirt?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ibrahim-salah/profil/spieler/105957

Next signing confirmed...

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: June 23, 2017, 08:03:55 am »
Terrific signing. Welcome mo
bollocks

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: June 23, 2017, 08:28:20 am »
After reading this thread I know how Homer felt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za4BKMMdrXA

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #333 on: June 23, 2017, 08:34:02 am »
Love these surprise signings that come out of the blue.

;D if only

Sample from his first ever interview: 

Welcome to the club – how does it feel to officially be a Liverpool player?

I’m very excited to be here. I’m very happy. I was in Egypt and I came two days ago.

Link: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/266713-salah-s-first-interview-i-feel-the-love-i-ll-give-everything-for-lfc

Didn't we all Mohamed, didn't we all...

Roma posted a vid..

https://m.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fofficialasroma%2Fvideos%2F438667313177044%2F&show_text=0&width=560

Apologies if already posted.

What a kick in the teeth! Fancy posting a vid of those goals. "Look what we have just let go"

Offline NO COUTINHO

• Main Stander
« Reply #334 on: June 23, 2017, 08:37:57 am »
welcome mo! he looked so happy in his interview, i'm very excited to watch him play for us.

Barcelona BEATEN, Liverpool TRIUMPHANT, Messi MASHED on Merseyside

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: June 23, 2017, 08:59:00 am »
CONFIRMED: Liverpool complete £36.9 million signing of Mohamed Salah
The very next sentence:
Liverpool have confirmed the £34.3 million signing of Egypt international winger Mohamed Salah from Roma, their second arrival of the summer.
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/06/confirmed-liverpool-complete-34-3-million-signing-mohamed-salah/
::)

I'm lost...

But welcome Mo Salah!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40095005

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #336 on: June 23, 2017, 09:00:00 am »
Welcome Salah, he's going to be fucking immense for us. 100% we will see a completely different player to the young kid we saw struggle a bit at Chelsea, even says himself during his 1st interview. Him and Mane on the wings is going to be devastating, also a interesting one hearing him say he played as a second striker last season a few times so maybe we will see him their once or twice.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #337 on: June 23, 2017, 09:00:11 am »
Great signing. Premier league experience so knows what to expect, has pace and desire, which are two vitally important things and best of all he's got a beard and a fro
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #338 on: June 23, 2017, 09:01:05 am »

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2017, 09:07:22 am »
I think it's the fact the figures don't match up.

Ah yeah see that now ..

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #340 on: June 23, 2017, 09:07:37 am »
Delighted with this. I thought Mane was going to be a great signing for us, but Salah's going to be just an absolute monster.  Will be so much fun to see.

Welcome Mo!
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: June 23, 2017, 09:10:35 am »
Great signing. Premier league experience so knows what to expect, has pace and desire, which are two vitally important things and best of all he's got a beard and a fro

+ i think he will be highly motivated to prove he is not a flop as all the newspapers were talking about him last few days...

i saw no newspapers talk about De Bruyne or Lukaku as Chelsea flops ...

Salah will be great for us... now to the LB and CB... we realy need.

Offline Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #342 on: June 23, 2017, 09:20:14 am »
Very exciting signing, I can't wait to see him tearing up defences next season. As an side, I noticed on the BBC Sportsday feed (http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/40028705 - 08:36 update) that the rag's big back page story is England u21s and Chelsea's potential signings - no mention of Salah as they're not being given anything by the club anymore :D I'm sure it'll be the usual bollocks inside dressed as some sort of exclusive scoop though :wanker

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #343 on: June 23, 2017, 09:26:03 am »
Was listening to Gab Marcotti talking about him this morning. He offered quite a balanced view, mentioning that the biggest doubt he had was how he might adapt to a proactive, pressing style of football, rather than the predominantly counter-attacking one he's been playing in recent seasons. Hopefully getting him in in plenty of time for preseason will help in that regard. When comparing him to Mane, he also mentioned that, unlike Mane, he isn't the kind of player to put his foot on the ball and beat an opponent from a standing start. He's more of a 'straight line runner'. Putting aside the images of Markovic that constructs, the question to that would be how effective that will be against the deep, narrow defences we'll be facing most weeks. Adding another player who is willing/able to beat a man in key areas will make a difference though, so i'm hoping he comes in with the confidence to do that. Not nearly enough of that last season, at times.

It's undoubtedly an exciting signing, and one which, on the face of it brings a lot of what we were crying out for last season. One or two questions though, I think. Can't wait to see how we line up with him in the team anyway, and what Klopp's plan will be to get the best from the squad we end up with.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #344 on: June 23, 2017, 09:42:28 am »
Very exciting signing, I can't wait to see him tearing up defences next season. As an side, I noticed on the BBC Sportsday feed (http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/40028705 - 08:36 update) that the rag's big back page story is England u21s and Chelsea's potential signings - no mention of Salah as they're not being given anything by the club anymore :D I'm sure it'll be the usual bollocks inside dressed as some sort of exclusive scoop though :wanker

As no one will be reading the inside of the rag we will never know if it is just bollocks or extreme bollocks they have spouted.

Anyway great signing. Equally good signings at left back and centre back and we'll compete with anyone.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #345 on: June 23, 2017, 10:20:19 am »
This is what happens when your inform player, Sadio Mane asks for his own room for Salah
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #346 on: June 23, 2017, 10:26:09 am »
Contrary to what people saying about Salah at Roma, the player himself says that he played as a second striker or in the no.10 role for Roma.

I myself think that we could use him, Mane or Firmino as the main man upfront if we have injury issues... so just keep Sturridge and Origi and we have enough options with Solanke and the others...
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #347 on: June 23, 2017, 10:35:18 am »
Was listening to Gab Marcotti talking about him this morning. He offered quite a balanced view, mentioning that the biggest doubt he had was how he might adapt to a proactive, pressing style of football, rather than the predominantly counter-attacking one he's been playing in recent seasons. Hopefully getting him in in plenty of time for preseason will help in that regard. When comparing him to Mane, he also mentioned that, unlike Mane, he isn't the kind of player to put his foot on the ball and beat an opponent from a standing start. He's more of a 'straight line runner'. Putting aside the images of Markovic that constructs, the question to that would be how effective that will be against the deep, narrow defences we'll be facing most weeks. Adding another player who is willing/able to beat a man in key areas will make a difference though, so i'm hoping he comes in with the confidence to do that. Not nearly enough of that last season, at times.

It's undoubtedly an exciting signing, and one which, on the face of it brings a lot of what we were crying out for last season. One or two questions though, I think. Can't wait to see how we line up with him in the team anyway, and what Klopp's plan will be to get the best from the squad we end up with.

Like most football journalists Marcotti tends to slip into generalisation when talking about players - Marcotti also loves to be 'anti bandwagon'. He's an articulate, interesting commentator but honestly I'd question his tactical or analytical knowledge. 
The thing isbeing a good player on the counter attack is not analogous to not being good at breaking down deep lying defences. You can be effective with both which Salah is.

Both Mane and Salah are decent dribblers but they're not possession style dribblers like Coutinho ... however this isn't particularly important

The more I've looked at Salah (footage and numbers) the more bizarre it is how similar he is to Mane.
They both come alive in the final third. Their ability to play good passes at pace, to move like lightening off the ball, to cut in between centre back and full back and so on creates huge problems for defences of all kinds
Both of them take a really big number of shots from inside the box, from dangerous locations - with numbers to rival strikers .. this is really really hard to find in wide forwards.

It's borderline dumb to argue this kind of player isn't effective against low block packed defences
There seems to be this idea that the only way you can cause low block defences is with slide rule passes or beating 3 men. It's not. You also beat them by getting them turned, by creating space and overloads with movement and the threat of movement.

Any LFC fan that saw us with and without Mane shouldn't doubt how effective and impactful Salah will be against the bottom two thirds of this league

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: June 23, 2017, 10:37:32 am »
Contrary to what people saying about Salah at Roma, the player himself says that he played as a second striker or in the no.10 role for Roma.

I think that he is referring to the fact that he is not a classic out-and-out winger. As a predominantly left-footed player who plays on the right, he often cuts in and gets himself in a more central position. A was talking to a mate of mine who follows the Serie A more closely, and he thinks that Clyne will have acres of space when Salah pulls the defenders to the center. It would be a shame if we can't take advantage of that.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: June 23, 2017, 10:50:18 am »
Interesting that there isn't a single club official in any of the photos with our new club record signing. Edwards may not like the spotlight but if you are going to be sporting director at one of the worlds biggest club then you should get used to it.
I can't speak for others, but for me, that is the opposite of interesting.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2017, 10:53:03 am »
When the day is dawnin'
On a Saturday mornin'
How I long to be there
On the Kop who's waitin' for me there
Just across the city where I watch the reds
Ain't half as bad as watching the blueshite playyy

Sa la la la la la la lah
Sa la la la la la la lah
Sa la la la la la la lah

Apologies ladies and gents it was on the radio this morning and stuck in my head all day.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: June 23, 2017, 11:11:51 am »
Good article from Jonathan Wilson here

All across Europe are scattered forwards who did not quite make it at Chelsea, some more bafflingly than others. There is Marko Marin, signed by Olympiakos last season after four years on Chelsea’s books with only two league starts. There is Patrick Bamford, signed by Middlesbrough in January after five years at Chelsea in which he did not start a single league game. There is Juan Cuadrado, freshly signed by Juventus after three years at Chelsea where he started just three games. It would not be a complete surprise if Chelsea turned out a box room at Stamford Bridge and turned up a Florent Malouda or a John Spencer, players they had bought a while ago and forgotten about.

And now, at Liverpool, there is Mohammed Salah, signed from Roma who bought him last summer after two and a half years at Chelsea in which he started six games. Salah’s time in flux, on loan at Fiorentina and then Roma, seems not to have harmed the winger.

On the contrary, the 25-year-old has thrived, scoring at roughly a goal every other game in Serie A over three seasons. Goals may be flowing more rapidly in Italian football than they used to be, but that is still a remarkable record for a player who tends to operate from the flank.

So what went wrong at Chelsea? Salah was signed from Basel in January 2014 for £16m. He had impressed for the Swiss club against Chelsea, scoring against them home and away in the Champions League, having played well against both Chelsea and Tottenham in the previous season’s Europa League.

Quick, direct, skilful – and yet he could barely get a game. In part, that was because of the presence of Willian and Eden Hazard and in part due to Mourinho’s occasional preference for a more defensive figure on the right to balance out Hazard on the left, which led him to pick Ramires. In that context, the question then becomes less what went wrong for Salah than why he was signed at all when Chelsea already had such established options in that area.

The arrival of Cesc Fàbregas the following summer, adding another midfield creator and freeing up Oscar to move to the right, further limited Salah’s options. It was not that he failed in the Premier League, it was that he never really got an opportunity. Once he was back playing regularly, in Italy, he became again the player he had been at Basel. It is not just the 35 goals he scored in 71 league starts for Fiorentina and Roma, it is the 20 assists and the pace and energy he brings.

In a Jürgen Klopp side, as Daniel Sturridge, another piece of Chelsea flotsam, would attest, attacking prowess is not enough. Salah has consistently averaged around one successful tackle and between 0.5 and one interceptions per game. That might not sound a huge amount but even winning the ball back one and a half times a game high up the pitch can be hugely threatening. The issue anyway is more one of intent: Salah is prepared to lead the press, and that is vital for Liverpool’s forward players. By comparison, Sadio Mané made 0.9 tackles per 90 minutes last season and 0.3 interceptions.

Mané, of course, is key to Salah’s integration. It was not the only reason for Liverpool’s slump in the early part of the year but they were clearly a diminished team when Mané left for the Africa Cup of Nations (Salah, of course, is also likely to be involved in 2019 for Egypt). Salah, like Mané, is adept at carrying the ball with a burst of pace, and so can slot in readily enough on the right, although he has operated on the left.

He is not just cover for Mané, though. Salah could play on one wing with Mané on the other, with Philippe Coutinho operating more centrally. Or it is easy to imagine Salah linking well with Divock Origi, a more orthodox centre-forward: last season he created 22 chances for Eden Dzeko, seven of them scored – the second-most prolific combination in Europe’s top five leagues (after Ousmane Dembélé to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at Dortmund).

That disappointing spell at Chelsea means questions will inevitably be asked such as can Salah do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke? But against Ghana at the Cup of Nations, he did it on a humid Wednesday night in Port Gentil, inspiring Egypt to a 1-0 win on a pitch so bad that you suspect the Bet365 Stadium played better even before they had laid the turf. Frankly, if he can do it on tufted sand, Salah can do it anywhere.

If nothing else, Salah increases Klopp’s options and allows him to ease the burden on his forward line. But given his form over the past five years whenever he has had a regular game, there are plenty of reasons to think Salah will thrive on Merseyside.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/23/mohamed-salah-chelsea-liverpool-signing-roma

Online AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #352 on: June 23, 2017, 11:13:07 am »
Welcome to the greatest club on earth young fella.

Him and Mane on the wings though, dear lord.  ;D
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: June 23, 2017, 11:19:38 am »
When the day is dawnin'
On a Saturday mornin'
How I long to be there
On the Kop who's waitin' for me there
Just across the city where I watch the reds
Ain't half as bad as watching the blueshite playyy

Sa la la la la la la lah
Sa la la la la la la lah
Sa la la la la la la lah

Apologies ladies and gents it was on the radio this morning and stuck in my head all day.

Surely Mo Salah, Salah.  To the tune of Que Sera Sera, is the way to go.   ;)

Nice to see us signing players with pace to burn.  Cant's wait to see him tearing up defences.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:21:09 am by Bigly Red Richie »

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: June 23, 2017, 11:30:25 am »

Nice to see us signing players with pace to burn.  Cant's wait to see him tearing up defences.

Take no notice it belongs nowhere near a football stadium it's just been a slow day and Amarillo came on the radio on the way work.

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #355 on: June 23, 2017, 11:38:12 am »
So that Chelsea reject Salah has actually only played for them the GRAND total of 531 minutes of Premier League football. In which he's got 2 goals and 1 assist.

That for a sub in a shitcoat team is more than decent.

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #356 on: June 23, 2017, 11:38:44 am »

Nope, I think you will both find it is

Mo Salah! La La La La La
Mo Salah! La La La La La
Mo Salah! La La La La La

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGikhmjTSZI
And in short, I was afraid

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #357 on: June 23, 2017, 11:47:17 am »

Mo Salah, Salah
Whatever will be, will be
He's known for his rapidity
Mo Salah, Salah

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #358 on: June 23, 2017, 11:57:19 am »
Good article from Jonathan Wilson here

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/23/mohamed-salah-chelsea-liverpool-signing-roma

I agree, quite a good article!

Welcome to Liverpool, Salah! I hope he will be as important to our team as he was for Roma and Basel.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #359 on: June 23, 2017, 11:58:42 am »
Opus one works better with Salah - and who knows, people might actually fucking sing it properly too?
And in short, I was afraid