Author Topic: CL Final 2018 - Travel and Accommodation Help  (Read 32802 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL Final 2018 - Travel and Accommodation Help
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2018, 01:24:46 pm »
Ok so I booked with vision coaches. Took the money off me. No email confirmation. Leaves 7am. Gotta print off the tickets in work an all

Give them a ring?

Offline MakeUsDreamLFC

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2018, 02:07:41 pm »
My mate booked an apartment for 2 nights (Friday - Sunday) 10 minutes walk to the ground (even closer to Shevchenko park). He doesn't need it anymore and will be glad to pass it on, if he can get back the money he paid for it. Capacity is 3 people (possibly 4), and the rate is 135 euro per night. DM me if interested please.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:37:20 pm by MakeUsDreamLFC »

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2018, 04:46:54 pm »
For anyone on world choice sports with an unconfirmed flight

I finally was able to speak to someone and it doesn’t sound good. Basically the Kiev airport have gone back on the original landing times for those flights that are unconfirmed. The owner/director of World Choice Sports has been on to the club and has asked for help. Apparently Peter Moore is involved. They have over 1,000 fans affected.

They are working on the basis that the original slots will be honoured, but they couldn’t promise anything and couldn’t commit that the flights will go ahead!
“This club will always be the most important thing for ­millions of fans all over the world, just like Everton are the most important club to some people." - King Kenny

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2018, 04:51:59 pm »
For anyone on world choice sports with an unconfirmed flight

Unbelievable - better get it sorted !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2018, 07:43:52 pm »
Anyone on here not got their E-Ticket with World Choice?

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2018, 08:32:27 pm »
Anyone need a hotel booking for night of match?  I couldn’t find realistically priced alternative after my 3 night trip got cancelled and have room booked on this boat hotel £107 plus change of name charge

https://images.trvl-media.com//hotels/21000000/20300000/20290100/20290061/b7b6e188_y.jpg

Hotel overview

Bogdan Khmelnytskyi
Naberezhna-Kreschatytska Street, Kiev, 04070 Ukraine
https://www.expedia.co.uk/itin.h20290061.Hotel-Information?langid=2057&EMLCID=UK.PT.EVENTTRIGGEREDMAILING.ENSPURCHASECONFIRMATION.GENERIC&EMLDTL=DATE20180515-ISSUX.SIDX.KEY93337011627.PAIDX.LANGEN_GB.MCIDX.TESTX.VERSX.MIDSX

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2018, 09:03:44 am »
Anyone any idea of how to get there from Liverpool just at Manchester airport and first flight to Munich has been cancelled with a huge effect on the others now . Good few reds in the same boat here

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2018, 10:00:49 am »
just had our apartment for tomorrow night cancel  :no

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2018, 10:33:07 am »
just had our apartment for tomorrow night cancel  :no

name and shame them

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2018, 11:19:40 am »
Bit of a long shot for anyone but if you are stuck and can get to Luton airport by around 3pm today theres a flight going to Iasi in Romania at 4.30pm for about £450. coming back on sunday or monday.

This then gives you almost 24 hours to get from there to Kiev and it is around 9 hours by car. The best option though it there is a train  which leaves at 12.30am Saturday morning this then gets into Kiev at about 3pm local time saturday. This is the Chisinau to Kiev train and you get on it at Ungheni (Moldaova) about 40 mins from Iasi airport.

The only snag is that you need to get to Ungheni station which is about 40 mins by car in Moldova but there are busses and taxis that run there, info on that is here: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294457-i2816-k2146630-Iasi_kiev-Romania.html

Info on the flight is here: https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/lond/ias/180525/180528?adults=1&children=0&adultsv2=1&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=1&preferdirects=true&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&ref=day-view#results

Info on the trains and times are here: https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?ld=4034&protocol=https:&seqnr=1&ident=2a.01931334.1527242731&rt=1&OK#focus  (just type Ungheni in and Kiev as options)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ungheni,+Ungheni,+Moldova/Kyiv,+Ukraine,+02000/@48.5781636,26.7563568,7z/am=t/data=!4m20!4m19!1m5!1m1!1s0x40cb0021ef2a1933:0xedecf59ffac2048a!2m2!1d27.8000071!2d47.2033995!1m5!1m1!1s0x40d4cf4ee15a4505:0x764931d2170146fe!2m2!1d30.5234!2d50.4501!2m5!5e1!5e2!5e3!7e2!8j1527292800!3e3

It's a bit of a pain but at this point it may be a decent option for someone, but check everything needed before booking etc as it may not be workable for some reason I haven't spotted! Trip advisor local forums are always a great place to ask about buying tickets, stations etc or anything you need.

==================

Also a flight going from Paris tomorrow morning at 5.30am direct to Kiev but it's £950

==================

Flight going from Luton to stockholm tonight at 7.30pm. Then stockholm to Kiev tomorrow getting to Kiev at 6.30pm 3 hours and a bit before kick off. £640 in total. (one way  :o, maybe have to hitch hike back on that one)

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/lond/stoc/180525?adults=1&children=0&adultsv2=1&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=0&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&qp_prevProvider=ins_browse&qp_prevCurrency=GBP&priceSourceId=b3ms-UK1-5&qp_prevPrice=373#results

https://book.flyuia.com/EN/default/flights

----

You can use the arrivals boards at Kiev and work your way back from there too. https://kbp.aero/en/

Fucking nightmare, hope people can get sorted somehow.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 11:52:46 am by Andy82lfc »

Offline thirty

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2018, 04:56:23 pm »
Anyone done the road trip from Chisinau to Kiev? Just wondering how long it took?
thirty

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2018, 06:08:16 pm »
Anyone done the road trip from Chisinau to Kiev? Just wondering how long it took?

Says 7 and a half hours mate by car, but not sure about border checks and how long they would take, might wanna google it.

There's also a train that goes direct from Chisinau to kiev but takes ages

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #172 on: May 25, 2018, 09:59:34 pm »
 >:(This latest flight to be cancelled, from Myriad & Crown Travel
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-44258337

Is this Crown Travel in Allerton? The one whose strapline says "Nothing is impossible"? ::)

I do feel for everyone who is now stuck. Not like it's Paris and people can just drive.
We are a team of one half.

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2018, 06:48:22 am »
Anyone on here not got their E-Ticket with World Choice?

No, never got issued an e-ticket or confirmation of any flight, no response to e-mails, calls or questions on their Facebook either, contacted me back for the 1st time last night about 17.00 and said because they re-instated the flight it wasn’t cancelled so no refund.......hope all goes well for ye flights mate, have a boss day an I’ll be there with ye in spirit when we bring number 6 back, up the Reds YNWA

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2018, 07:43:39 pm »
No, never got issued an e-ticket or confirmation of any flight, no response to e-mails, calls or questions on their Facebook either, contacted me back for the 1st time last night about 17.00 and said because they re-instated the flight it wasn’t cancelled so no refund.......hope all goes well for ye flights mate, have a boss day an I’ll be there with ye in spirit when we bring number 6 back, up the Reds YNWA
I`m not sure how they can cancel a two night trip with hotel then offer a three night trip without a hotel then dress it up as "The flight wasn`t cancelled so no refund".

They can fuck off mate, I`ll speak to Dave so we can offer support on this, not just going to walk away from it the c*nts.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2018, 09:42:33 pm »
Don't blame you.

Our flight number, flight time and boarding time were all wrong on boarding passes  back. (Sport Options, Lpl) so stuck in park for ages as we had no platform number.  We eventually got the general shuttle back...but driver got list and had to get out and ask directions!!
At airport, flight number not on board. Nearest match was boarding so had to rush through security. Have asked why the info was all wrong. Turned out ok but getting stuck there would have been an awful end to the day.
Just shattered now...still. Went to bed at 7 and slept til 3.45pm but ready for bed again now :D
Hope everyone got back safely.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2018, 10:34:35 pm »
Went on the World Choice flight from Manc which survived.  Only downside was the lateness of the departure  (11am ) and the fact that it took half an hour to get off the plane due to not enough buses  but then sailed through passport control and onto the shuttle.  We were in the square around 6 ish.  Great atmosphere walking down to the ground and I agree with others that the security measures ran very smoothly and were the best all season. Easily got the bus back to the airport and were there just after 1.00. Sailed through security but the board showed a gate change for our flight (due at 2.30).  We were left hanging around for over 2 hrs without any info as to what was happrning  ( rumours that there was no plane to take us back ). People getting frustrated , particularly one feisty women who kept us entertained having a go at the airport staff who eventually turned up. In the end set off only about 2 hrs late and were back for 6 ish - although it was another half hour before getting off due to the lack of buses again. Given the airport chaos of  previous finals this went pretty well and certainlybetter than expected.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2018, 10:40:06 pm »
Don't blame you.

Our flight number, flight time and boarding time were all wrong on boarding passes  back. (Sport Options, Lpl) so stuck in park for ages as we had no platform number.  We eventually got the general shuttle back...but driver got list and had to get out and ask directions!!
At airport, flight number not on board. Nearest match was boarding so had to rush through security. Have asked why the info was all wrong. Turned out ok but getting stuck there would have been an awful end to the day.
Just shattered now...still. Went to bed at 7 and slept til 3.45pm but ready for bed again now :D
Hope everyone got back safely.

I think it was LPL Airport's fault that. On the Thomas Cook Titan Airways Charter they said that Swissport (handling agents at LPL) had issued our return boarding passes with IEV on them (Zhuliany) instead of KBP airport. They re-issued them to us on the plane so we didn't have any issues.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2018, 12:18:12 pm »
Ah right, ok. Cheers. Ours didn't! They said that a few hadn't been given their return boarding cards and for those people to make themselves known before they got off the plane, but the rest of us had no idea.
I messaged SO on Facebook and they wanted to ring me but can't be bothered with that today so have asked for a PM. I also emailed so I'll  see if I get a reply 2moro from them.
It may have been LJLA, but surely it was wrong on the reps' boarding cards too if so, and yet nobody mentioned it?! They could have just said to ignore them as they are wrong and told us the correct times. I had a pen on me! :D There should really have been a rep at check-in, as in Manchester for Porto & Roma.
Like I said, it was ok, but might not have been and I'd like to know why we had all wrong info.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2018, 04:07:50 pm »
The boss of SO rang me earlier. He explained how they don't like using LJLA as their IT system is so old. Our queue was a mixed one - three diff flights and they checked you in according to which your passport said you were booked on. Seemed ok. But he said that the system could not tell which was our return flight so the times on the boarding passes got mixed up. It seems a bit odd as the flight numbers were on there too, so surely the system could cope with knowing which TWO flights we were on. He said he had tried to talk them out of having mixed queues but they insisted it would be ok.
He said they noticed on the plane and made an announcement but we were near the back and hardly heard any of it so had no idea. The cabin crew carried on serving drinks throughout the announcement, which I thought was wrong - if there is an announcement by the organisers , chances are it might be important to at least some on board. They were very noisy, along with the fellas wanting more beers. I think it might have been an idea to walk half way back and check people had heard it with them not being on the transfer buses but still...

Fair play to him for ringing me on a B/H, and what he said did add up. It could have been worse I know - we got home - and some things he said we quite useful going forward.

Equally O2 were also helpful with my query. So I have lived and learned today! :D