Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3432113 times)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #26640 on: April 20, 2019, 05:16:52 pm »
If you could pick any player to miss the rest for them top 5 right now would be:

Laporte
KDB
Sterling
Aguero
Fernandinho

Sterling

He looks obsessed for it. Doesn’t want us to win it as much as wants to win it, the off the ball stuff from him is insane and that’s what counts now

Add B Silva aswell. He looks le he’s on steroids. Absolutely rabid today
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #26641 on: April 20, 2019, 05:17:37 pm »
If you could pick any player to miss the rest for them top 5 right now would be:

Laporte
KDB
Sterling
Aguero
Fernandinho

Ederson surely should be up there. Their back-up is a teenager

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #26642 on: April 20, 2019, 05:36:36 pm »
He may have tapped home the goal but Foden was an absolute liability in midfield for them, totally anonymous for 90% of the game today.
Future of England though.
AHA!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26643 on: April 20, 2019, 05:39:36 pm »

We'd have lost 1-0 at West Ham with VAR.

But we'd have won against Leicester. 1 loss and 1 win, is better than 2 draws
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26644 on: April 20, 2019, 05:45:41 pm »
Tempted to lump on a few hundred quid on City to beat United as a little softener if they do go on to win, but the odds are terrible. Not sure if City will have ever been such big favourites going to Old Trafford?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26645 on: April 20, 2019, 05:54:14 pm »
I remember Boxing Day shopping and then seeing the scoreline against Leicester come through on my phone. Feels ages ago and mad to think that they have won every league game bar one since that day.

Winning the league should not be that hard. Unfortunate that these bunch of cheats have warped the league so much.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26646 on: April 20, 2019, 06:14:16 pm »

You should watch the Butterfly Effect. Game plays out completely different if we don’t go 1-0 up.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26647 on: April 20, 2019, 06:17:15 pm »

And won 2-1 at Arsenal and homevto Leicester

That’s a +3 point swing

Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #26648 on: April 20, 2019, 06:24:00 pm »
Sterling

He looks obsessed for it. Doesn’t want us to win it as much as wants to win it, the off the ball stuff from him is insane and that’s what counts now

Add B Silva aswell. He looks le he’s on steroids. Absolutely rabid today
That could work against him though! He was losing it late on today and they were winning. Imagine if the are losing late on or drawing in the next couple of game, his head could completely go.  We’ve handle the pressure really well lately playing after City. Tomorrow is the last time we play after them, win that, and we beat Huddersfield before they play Burnley, then beat Newcastle before the play Leicester. Let’s see how they handle it, especially if they get to the last 20mins of a game and aren’t winning   Even winning today they looked nervous coz it was only 1-0
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26649 on: April 20, 2019, 06:34:41 pm »
That could work against him though! He was losing it late on today and they were winning. Imagine if the are losing late on or drawing in the next couple of game, his head could completely go.  We’ve handle the pressure really well lately playing after City. Tomorrow is the last time we play after them, win that, and we beat Huddersfield before they play Burnley, then beat Newcastle before the play Leicester. Let’s see how they handle it, especially if they get to the last 20mins of a game and aren’t winning   Even winning today they looked nervous coz it was only 1-0

Level on games played now so they could be playing catch up in their next 3 games

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26650 on: April 20, 2019, 06:45:49 pm »
I came close to posting similar sentiments the other day but deleted it because they're complete and utter financially doped up cheats.

I'm with you on this.

They do have a wonderful team. Anyone suggesting otherwise would just be kidding themselves. The problem is that it's all false. The team is great, but how it has been brought together is corrupt. It's like winning Mr Universe with an amazing, yet steroid addled body. Yes, it looks good, but was not achieved legitimately so, ultimately it's all rather meaningless and if the powers that run the sport do their job correctly they would be stripped of any titles they 'won' and heavily sanctioned. Nothing they 'achieve' as a club is worthy of any respect, and that's a shame for some extremely talented players, but that's the reality of it.

If they do lift the title this season then as far as I'm concerned it will be Liverpool who are champions. The record books won't show it, and that's a travesty, but I simply cannot recognise and titles Abu Dhabi 'win' or trophies they lift. Great team, very good manager, but assembled illegally. The game itself in this country needs saving from these and Chelsea, as does the game in Europe from the likes of PSG.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:48:24 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #26651 on: April 20, 2019, 06:46:18 pm »
Level on games played now so they could be playing catch up in their next 3 games
Yes I know they’ve had the game in hand, but over the last few weeks we’ve always played 2nd of a weekend.  After Wed that now switches to them till we both KO at the same time on the last day. If we win the next 3 last see how they handle pressure and that start on Wed really as long as we win tomorrow
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:50:08 pm by El Ninos Black Eye »
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26652 on: April 20, 2019, 07:01:11 pm »
Thought Bernardo Silva was the biggest shit house. He's starting to reach Herrera cuntery.

Hilariously he’s been nominated for PFA young player of the year. Thought he was about 30! Steroids age you badly.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #26653 on: April 20, 2019, 07:07:33 pm »
But we'd have won against Leicester. 1 loss and 1 win, is better than 2 draws

Also would've won against Arsenal. Mane's goal was incorrectly disallowed.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #26654 on: April 20, 2019, 07:08:23 pm »
De Bruyne is a massive loss for them. Sure they have a deep squad, but he's a big player for them.

They're on course for 98 points and he has been out half the season
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #26655 on: April 20, 2019, 07:10:08 pm »
That Silva is a little fucker.

And why is he running about 3km more than his previous best stats at other clubs?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #26656 on: April 20, 2019, 07:12:36 pm »
I'm with you on this.

They do have a wonderful team. Anyone suggesting otherwise would just be kidding themselves. The problem is that it's all false. The team is great, but how it has been brought together is corrupt. It's like winning Mr Universe with an amazing, yet steroid addled body. Yes, it looks good, but was not achieved legitimately so, ultimately it's all rather meaningless and if the powers that run the sport do their job correctly they would be stripped of any titles they 'won' and heavily sanctioned. Nothing they 'achieve' as a club is worthy of any respect, and that's a shame for some extremely talented players, but that's the reality of it.

If they do lift the title this season then as far as I'm concerned it will be Liverpool who are champions. The record books won't show it, and that's a travesty, but I simply cannot recognise and titles Abu Dhabi 'win' or trophies they lift. Great team, very good manager, but assembled illegally. The game itself in this country needs saving from these and Chelsea, as does the game in Europe from the likes of PSG.

The point is, say UEFA decide to ban City from the CL next season, does it really mean that they should get to keep the league (should they win it?). How can you ban them from one competition and there not be a knock-on action on the other competition.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #26657 on: April 20, 2019, 07:14:21 pm »

The point is, say UEFA decide to ban City from the CL next season, does it really mean that they should get to keep the league (should they win it?). How can you ban them from one competition and there not be a knock-on action on the other competition.

Surely if Uefa ban them then the FA have to do something too?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26658 on: April 20, 2019, 07:15:53 pm »
He is absolutely horrible. Was one point he was swinging wildly at rose seconds after throwing himself in the floor at nothing and doing a peekaboo at the ref

Prick

It was bizarre that everyone seemed to ignore that he swung a leg out at Rose when the ball had long

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26659 on: April 20, 2019, 07:28:52 pm »
It was bizarre that everyone seemed to ignore that he swung a leg out at Rose when the ball had long

Oliver was a fucking massive coward homer today

Amd I thought he was ok

Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26660 on: April 20, 2019, 07:29:24 pm »
Surely if Uefa ban them then the FA have to do something too?

Well, I would certainly hope so.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26661 on: April 20, 2019, 07:32:20 pm »
That Silva is a little fucker.

And why is he running about 3km more than his previous best stats at other clubs?

He’s 100% doping.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26662 on: April 20, 2019, 07:32:30 pm »
City are getting nothing

The worst shit in the world goes unpunished when people have money. I’m talking mass murder

FFP violations will not even flicker on those sheiks register. If it starts to get troublesome they’ll just keep throwing moneybat everyone until it isn’t a problem anymore

Like the bloke in cannonball run

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26663 on: April 20, 2019, 07:32:55 pm »
What a prick Sterling was today

Trying to start fights simply to waste time

Got his wish and nothing was added

Oliver has had an absolute nightmare. Tried to stay out of any big decisions to not influence league and in his cowardice ends up doing just that
There were a couple of Reds blowing smoke up Sterlings arse on here earlier in the week, he's a money grabbing shithouse, not to mention a whiny fucking toe rag on the pitch, fuck him.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26664 on: April 20, 2019, 07:35:50 pm »
City are getting nothing

The worst shit in the world goes unpunished when people have money. I’m talking mass murder

FFP violations will not even flicker on those sheiks register. If it starts to get troublesome they’ll just keep throwing moneybat everyone until it isn’t a problem anymore

Like the bloke in cannonball run

UEFA official were briefing journalists that if the leaked stuff is true City will be getting punished.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26665 on: April 20, 2019, 07:38:57 pm »
UEFA official were briefing journalists that if the leaked stuff is true City will be getting punished.

I’ll believe it when I see it Jill

Everyone’s got a price. That’s why a team who were playing in lower division play off finals now have people from Hertfordshire supporting them and winning back to back leagues

Was going to say champions leagues then

Haha silly me. You need stature for that

Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26666 on: April 20, 2019, 07:41:13 pm »
I’ll believe it when I see it Jill

Everyone’s got a price. That’s why a team who were playing in lower division play off finals now have people from Hertfordshire supporting them and winning back to back leagues

Was going to say champions leagues then

Haha silly me. You need stature for that

The stories before were huge ones though, having come out and said there is a chance that City will be banned from next season's CL competition it is going to make them seem very foolish, if they do nothing. If that happens they would have to look at them elsewhere too.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26667 on: April 20, 2019, 07:43:14 pm »
There were a couple of Reds blowing smoke up Sterlings arse on here earlier in the week, he's a money grabbing shithouse, not to mention a whiny fucking toe rag on the pitch, fuck him.

He's the best English player and one of the best on the planet, whatever's said about him in praise as a player is going to be deserved.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26668 on: April 20, 2019, 07:44:17 pm »

The stories before were huge ones though, having come out and said there is a chance that City will be banned from next season's CL competition it is going to make them seem very foolish, if they do nothing. If that happens they would have to look at them elsewhere too.

I know what you’re saying but to repeat myself, go high enough with numbers and problems go away. With us all left shouting about how unfair it is

Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26669 on: April 20, 2019, 07:45:46 pm »
I know what you’re saying but to repeat myself, go high enough with numbers and problems go away. With us all left shouting about how unfair it is

I can understand the reluctance to believe it, but if half of it was accurate there is no way on earth UEFA can ignore it.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26670 on: April 20, 2019, 07:48:08 pm »

I can understand the reluctance to believe it, but if half of it was accurate there is no way on earth UEFA can ignore it.

You’d think...

Here hoping anyway.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26671 on: April 20, 2019, 07:50:32 pm »
De Bruyne and Aguero injured?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26672 on: April 20, 2019, 07:51:01 pm »
De Bruyne and Aguero injured?

DB went off, Aguero was limping when he was subbed.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26673 on: April 20, 2019, 07:53:17 pm »

If the emails can be proven, a European competition ban, or transfer ban, or fine, will be the least of some people's worries at that club.

I'd say the shredding machine has been working overtime in their offices since the stories broke.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26674 on: April 20, 2019, 07:54:06 pm »

and if they let them off a lot of other clubs will kick off bigtime, likes of Milan, inter and Roma have had FFP related punishments in recent years so if they let City slide with no punishment/soft punishment then uefa are basically creating the european super league

If the emails can be proven, a European competition ban, or transfer ban, or fine, will be the least of some people's worries at that club.

I'd say the shredding machine has been working overtime in their offices since the stories broke.
HMRC will probably find a lot of it very interesting

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26675 on: April 20, 2019, 08:35:44 pm »
If they win all their games I won't say they deserved it, I'll still call them cheating c*nts. They are no better than Ben Johnson or Lance Armstrong. Fucking vile cheating footballer ruining c*nts
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26676 on: April 20, 2019, 11:07:59 pm »
You'd be surprised mate. Manchester was crawling with City fans of all ages holding those shite flags last night.

Anyway, theres a thread on Bluemoon called 'Var is a joke' that was started at 10pm last night. It's on 75 pages.

So 20 posts...?

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26677 on: April 20, 2019, 11:09:48 pm »
Pep really is a strange one. He has assembled a team that is like the polar opposite of those real madrid teams that one 4 of 5 CLs. I can't say I know in intimate detail the transfer strategy employed by Mourinho/Ancelotti/Zidane/Flo that assembled those teams. But I wouldn't be too surpised if it was similar to what we have here. We have our scouts and analytics people narrow down the list. But then Klopp sits down with the best options, looks them in the eye and makes an emotional judgement call on whether he can work with them and they can perform under scrutiny.

Often Pep wins the tactical battles but just about loses the big moments that decide the game as their players choke under the brightest lights. On the other hand, we might not always look as dominate when viewed by a neutral, but the big moments generally are pushed our way these days after Klopp has brought in his players. 

I have heard criticism of Pep's tactics of both being too rigid and too flexible. Maybe his biggest downside isn't tactical, but instead is his inability to choose the correct players who will mentally embrace the harshest spotlight often enough. That he just can't read human nature well enough.

Colour me piqued

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26678 on: April 20, 2019, 11:32:08 pm »

That SHOULD be how it works but UEFA ignore worse shit than this City stuff, it will be swept under the carpet as always. They can talk all they want but these organizations always have some embarrassing excuse to backtrack because to be honest, who the fuck is going to question them? No one ever does to a level that they have to act

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26679 on: April 21, 2019, 12:31:06 am »
That SHOULD be how it works but UEFA ignore worse shit than this City stuff, it will be swept under the carpet as always. They can talk all they want but these organizations always have some embarrassing excuse to backtrack because to be honest, who the fuck is going to question them? No one ever does to a level that they have to act

Depends on how mad Madrid and Barca are. Think the Neymar transfer might have been the tipping point there
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.