Author Topic: Liverpool's Midfield  (Read 1808244 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool's Midfield
« Reply #19800 on: December 17, 2023, 07:11:49 pm »
Dom and Ryan are still doing tons and tons of good bits allowing us to dominate territory  and possession but unfortunately are failing at the most important one which is creating chances for our front 3.

Darwin is getting a lot of flak right now but he's a finisher who depends on service and these days Dom and Ryan don't even look like creating chances. As of right now Trent and Elliott are looking much more likely to make good passes into the box and maybe we should consider putting them more often in a position to be closer to our forwards.

Dom is still indispensable to me, his industry and legs makes us competitive , it's just that maybe he's more of a water carrier rather than an attacking midfield creator after all. Food for thought.
Dom is 100% a creator but Gravenberch never on the ball basically so he has to everything. Dom been like 3rd or 4th best creator the whole season.
Also like everybody loves to shoot from outside the box over making the simple pass. I dont mind a long shot once in a while but over the right pass consistently it very annoying

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #19801 on: December 18, 2023, 08:30:25 am »
This midfield is crazy. We're shoe-horning everyone in everywhere and hoping it works. How many players are actually playing in their correct positions?

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #19802 on: December 18, 2023, 08:42:54 am »
This midfield is crazy. We're shoe-horning everyone in everywhere and hoping it works. How many players are actually playing in their correct positions?
Aside from Palace away, which is a tough game, where he looked off the pace, I don’t think Endo has done a lot wrong.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #19803 on: March 2, 2024, 07:27:57 pm »
After losing our entire midfield with which we won the two biggest trophies all we did was just go out there, identify 3 guys out of all the midfielders out there and that's it - job done.

Like it's the easiest thing in the world. Not only is that midfield successfully replaced but one can argue when fully fit our new first choice midfield actually offers a bit more in terms of ball progression, goal threat while matching their industry and competitiveness.

On top of it all this just their first year and it's reasonable to expect them to be even better as a group next year.

Don't want to take something like this for granted. It's actually pure magic.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19804 on: March 2, 2024, 07:39:10 pm »
After losing our entire midfield with which we won the two biggest trophies all we did was just go out there, identify 3 guys out of all the midfielders out there and that's it - job done.

Like it's the easiest thing in the world. Not only is that midfield successfully replaced but one can argue when fully fit our new first choice midfield actually offers a bit more in terms of ball progression, goal threat while matching their industry and competitiveness.

On top of it all this just their first year and it's reasonable to expect them to be even better as a group next year.

Don't want to take something like this for granted. It's actually pure magic.

Mac, Szoboslai, Jones is a huge technical upgrade on Fab, Gini, Hendo. Not quite as good athletically I suspect but technically it’s a dream.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19805 on: March 2, 2024, 08:44:59 pm »
Mac, Szoboslai, Jones is a huge technical upgrade on Fab, Gini, Hendo. Not quite as good athletically I suspect but technically it’s a dream.

Our Japanese CM is a visible downgrade on Hendo though. One letter fewer.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19806 on: March 2, 2024, 08:58:14 pm »

Is not far off athletically either.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19807 on: March 3, 2024, 12:27:18 am »
Our Japanese CM is a visible downgrade on Hendo though. One letter fewer.
Haha good one
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19808 on: Today at 01:43:20 pm »
We need more goals from them.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...