Author Topic: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?  (Read 31779 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2020, 12:33:05 pm »
We've been thinking this a bit. Persistent cough and fever. But definitely not as bad as the flu (which I had in my twenties and can still remember!). So, a flu variant perhaps & some wishful thinking? The lack of transmission is what says it's not covid-19...

Aye probably.
The thing that plants the seed of doubt is that I was working in and around a lot of International students at the University at the time. No idea obviously what travel plans or visits people I have had contact with had, but that made me think twice.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2020, 01:53:25 pm »
I have a friend who swears blind she had this in early Feb. Was bed-ridden for a week, cough, flu-like symptoms - 2 antibiotics didn’t work. Her Husband didn’t get it but his Mum and sister quickly got it - the Mum was hospitalised with it.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2020, 10:37:50 pm »
My sister in law (and her husband) is now fully recovered. They caught it some time between Feb 28 and March 4.
Just a note of advice / heads up for anyone else that will be recovering over the next couple of months.

She had to go to her local hospital in the U.K for another reason yesterday, not life threatening but urgent.
She was screamed at by a doctor, locked in a broom cupboard and left for some time.
She had made an appointment and told them (before she arrived) that she had had Covid-19 but was now over it. And she had all the right documents and permission to support this and confirmation from the right folks that she was safe to go to the clinic. However it was probably a new experience for all concerned there. She is a rather phlegmatic and sanguine person and realized the medical staff in the unit had to go and check when she had it, and that she was indeed no-risk to anyone before she was treated.
So expect to be treated as a bit of a pariah, if you get it, until we all become accustomed to this new virus.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2020, 02:08:45 pm »
What is deemed as a persistent cough? Every time I cough I think that's me fucked. Coughed probably 3 times in the last hour, surely that's not enough?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2020, 02:11:26 pm »
One of my clients just let me know she had to get an ambulance out on Sunday but not taken to hospital instead to go to A&E if her chest gets any worse.  They're testing but no result yet.

Said it feels like shes got an elephant sat on her chest.  She's 23 and at Uni with no health problems.

Thankfully I've not seen her since early January.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2020, 02:20:15 pm »
Paul Machin from redmen tv has got it, he sits on same row as my girlfriend on the kop.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2020, 06:25:59 pm »
not sure if I have it or if I'm just being a hypochondriac.

Seemed to have the beginnings of a sore throat last night, so had a mild freak out and hit it with a lemsip, followed by hot water mixed with lemon juice, ginger and honey.  Was gone this morning so decided it was probably just my anxiety playing up, but it crept back this afternoon. 

Hit it again, and although the sore throat has faded to more a sort of tightness, there's an odd tension that seems centred on my windpipe/throat that seems to have crept steadily downwards towards/into my lungs.

I have no fever or cough as yet, but not leaving the house for any money right now.  Thank God I've got my cross trainer.  Been using it today in case I get worse.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2020, 03:55:22 am »
Here in the states, my wife is a physician (pediatric gyn) and she was called into to assist with an elective color-rectal surgery - being new to the hospital and covering. When she got there Monday, she found out that there is no protocol for doctors deciding on their own to do elective surgery during a pandemic -- its up to each unit how "they want" to organize themselves.  Money and staying open (profitable) seems to be important drivers for a lack of leadership. Most people here in Bethesda are doing self-quarantining and avoiding going out at all costs as the number of cases has gone from 10K to 50K in a week's time across the country.  Now well over 600 have died, many healthcare practitioners. Anyway, being pissed off this entire weekend before watching her go in for this, thinking why would anyone be doing an elective surgery during a pandemic got me going. Then, I heard how the lead surgeon handled this entire situation - cavalierly, jokingly without regard for others.

it makes my blood boil.

She came home Monday night, threw up, migraine type headache and bed-ridden ever since --- other symptoms too which I will not get into in this post. I am so angry, I cannot even begin to share with you all.  We have a 4 year old son and we live in a small house we are renting as we adjust to the DC area.  Of course, things could be worse at this moment, and I do not want to whinge inappropriately when I look at all of the doctors and nurses that are going unprotected in our health system.  But when I heard about the conversation from my wife's MD partners --- saying that they knew of two doctors who were currently/continue to work in the hospital who tested positive for the virus because the hospital would not have had backups.

This type of incompetence is killing people.   

And I tell you what, this kind of tragedy need not have happened.  This is the worst kind.   She's going to get tested tomorrow -- but its too late for transmission issues as our son and I have already been exposed to some degree and we are being told continually that early transmission is much more contagious and dangerous in the early part of transmission -- as the virus' life strength is most potent during transmission.

Sorry to share the personal here... but I am so deeply disgusted I needed to ventilate.   Irony ventilate.... I hope I am laughing about this in a week.

Everyone take care... (sorry I posted in the general thread, but I did not know where to post this kind of thing).

Trend
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2020, 02:21:03 pm »
What is deemed as a persistent cough? Every time I cough I think that's me fucked. Coughed probably 3 times in the last hour, surely that's not enough?

It's a difficult one Barney. I've had Sinuitus and a really bad cold, which included coughing over the last week, so to be on the safe side I self-isolated. Now, for the first time I had a tightening on my chest and also a temperature of 37c. It could be starting now, which means I will have to add a few more days on to my self-isolating. My temperature has been all over the place over the last week or so, it's hard to know what the hell is going on.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2020, 02:26:07 pm »

A persistent cough is where you are coughing a lot for over an hour.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms-and-what-to-do/
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2020, 02:33:11 pm »
Here in the states, my wife is a physician (pediatric gyn) and she was called into to assist with an elective color-rectal surgery - being new to the hospital and covering. When she got there Monday, she found out that there is no protocol for doctors deciding on their own to do elective surgery during a pandemic -- its up to each unit how "they want" to organize themselves.  Money and staying open (profitable) seems to be important drivers for a lack of leadership. Most people here in Bethesda are doing self-quarantining and avoiding going out at all costs as the number of cases has gone from 10K to 50K in a week's time across the country.  Now well over 600 have died, many healthcare practitioners. Anyway, being pissed off this entire weekend before watching her go in for this, thinking why would anyone be doing an elective surgery during a pandemic got me going. Then, I heard how the lead surgeon handled this entire situation - cavalierly, jokingly without regard for others.

it makes my blood boil.

She came home Monday night, threw up, migraine type headache and bed-ridden ever since --- other symptoms too which I will not get into in this post. I am so angry, I cannot even begin to share with you all.  We have a 4 year old son and we live in a small house we are renting as we adjust to the DC area.  Of course, things could be worse at this moment, and I do not want to whinge inappropriately when I look at all of the doctors and nurses that are going unprotected in our health system.  But when I heard about the conversation from my wife's MD partners --- saying that they knew of two doctors who were currently/continue to work in the hospital who tested positive for the virus because the hospital would not have had backups.

And I tell you what, this kind of tragedy need not have happened.  This is the worst kind.   She's going to get tested tomorrow -- but its too late for transmission issues as our son and I have already been exposed to some degree and we are being told continually that early transmission is much more contagious and dangerous in the early part of transmission -- as the virus' life strength is most potent during transmission.

Sorry to share the personal here... but I am so deeply disgusted I needed to ventilate.   Irony ventilate.... I hope I am laughing about this in a week.

Everyone take care... (sorry I posted in the general thread, but I did not know where to post this kind of thing).

Trend

Sorry to hear Trend, you're always one of the positive types around here. Keep us updated on how it goes with the wife and family.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2020, 02:42:11 pm »

it makes my blood boil.

Trend

Take care, Trend.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2020, 03:39:39 pm »

Trend
Never apologise for that, Trend. This is exactly the right place. Hope all works out your side. YNWA.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2020, 03:57:07 pm »

Trend

Its what this forum is for mate. Take care, best wishes to your wife and I hope she recovers quickly from whatever has made her ill.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2020, 05:06:16 pm »
Wishing you and your family all the very best Trend and you alm get through this safely.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2020, 07:12:29 pm »

[/size]
Anyone think they have it or similar symptoms and are self-isolating?
[/size]

I got ill round about the mid January, which should be too early for Covid-19 unless it's been circulating earlier as some Oxford researchers speculated recently.

At the time I thought it was flu and of course that's probably what it was, although since then I've been wondering. This hit me like the proverbial train with fever, chills, aches. I was in bed for days with zero energy, utterly wiped out. Having seemingly recovered it then came back for a second go.

When I did finally recover, it wasn't exactly a full recovery. I had awful post viral fatigue which lingered. I use a boditrax machine at the gym which told me that I'd lost a lot of muscle mass and aged several years  :(   Getting back into exercise was not easy till the gym no longer seemed a safe option. Probably flu as I say, but a few people since have said based on how I was that they thought I'd maybe had it. If the tests ever become widespread enough that I could take one without denying someone else the opportunity I'd be interested to see if I had antibodies. At least it would make it easier for me to help others if I'd got some immunity to passing it on...[size=78%] [/size]
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2020, 04:51:46 am »
^ A letter in the FT about the Oxford study
The Oxford study figure has no empirical justification [from]
Tim Colbourn
Associate Professor of Global Health Epidemiology and Evaluation, UCL Institute for Global Health, London, UK

Anna Odone
Associate Professor of Public Health, University Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy

Walter Ricciardi
Professor of Hygiene and Public Health, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma, Italy

Elio Riboli
Professor in Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention, School of Public Health, Imperial College London, UK

Nisreen Alwan
Associate Professor in Public Health, University of Southampton, UK

Martin McKee
Professor of European Public Health, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine

https://www.ft.com/content/ebab9fcc-6e8d-11ea-9bca-bf503995cd6f?shareType=nongift

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2020, 12:46:50 pm »

I don't have an FT account but the Wired article I linked to pointed out some of the concerns over the Oxford research. Whatever the detailed criticism of the methodology, the lack of peer review is a definite weakness and one the newspapers should've addressed in their rush to publish.

Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Online Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2020, 12:10:38 am »
My wife's a nurse, two of her patients tested positive today, she's seen them both twice this week....
Bit worried to be honest.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2020, 12:19:34 am »
^ good luck mate. And thanks to your wife and your family. They are Heroes I tell you.
(Just as I'm reading about Prince Charles fleeing London for his country estate when he was infected putting the medical staff and folk up in Scotland at risk - the dickhead).

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2020, 01:03:42 am »
It's a difficult one Barney. I've had Sinuitus and a really bad cold, which included coughing over the last week, so to be on the safe side I self-isolated. Now, for the first time I had a tightening on my chest and also a temperature of 37c. It could be starting now, which means I will have to add a few more days on to my self-isolating. My temperature has been all over the place over the last week or so, it's hard to know what the hell is going on.

What’s your usual temperature? 36.2-37.2 can be normal, with fevers usually classed as 38+.

But obviously, if you’re usually 36.2, then 37 may be higher than usual for you.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2020, 11:17:56 am »
Best wishes to you all, above. I think the uncertainty is really difficult for those in the thick of it - being surrounded by it. Almost expecting it but not knowing and wishing it away. Mentally that must be so so tough.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2020, 11:29:41 am »
Wifes brother thought he was dead clever posting pics on FB on the Friday night the pubs closed, from his favourite bar.

He's in his second day of self isolation as he thinks he has got it......

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2020, 11:33:37 am »
Wifes brother thought he was dead clever posting pics on FB on the Friday night the pubs closed, from his favourite bar.

He's in his second day of self isolation as he thinks he has got it......

Life comes at you fast and all that.

Hope he’s ok.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2020, 11:45:51 am »
Life comes at you fast and all that.

Hope he’s ok.

Cheers.

Just shouted across to him, he lives next door, says he feels fine.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2020, 01:20:34 pm »
Think my mate Boris has got it. Well, I say mate...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2020, 07:47:25 pm »
Just wanted to update and thank everyone for your warm concerns and care.

Found out today that my wife's test was negative for CoVid.  Big relief as her symptoms were problematic. 

Again thank you RAWK for your support through this trying time.

Trend and family
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2020, 12:52:25 am »

Found out today that my wife's test was negative for CoVid.  Big relief as her symptoms were problematic. 

Trend and family

Happy to hear that mate.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2020, 08:16:51 am »

Trend and family

Excellent news mate [emoji106]

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 1, 2020, 01:33:40 pm »
This lack of testing is a fucking joke :no . For the past few days I've had a cough, tight chest, bit of breathing issues, but no temp, no other aches and been able to crack on with stuff, such as assembling a full sized table tennis table. Feel a lot better today, hardly coughed and feel sound. No idea if I've had the virus or just a bloody cold. Missus was the same over the weekend.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 1, 2020, 03:32:28 pm »
This lack of testing is a fucking joke :no . For the past few days I've had a cough, tight chest, bit of breathing issues, but no temp, no other aches and been able to crack on with stuff, such as assembling a full sized table tennis table. Feel a lot better today, hardly coughed and feel sound. No idea if I've had the virus or just a bloody cold. Missus was the same over the weekend.

What do people do in this instance? Just report it back? And pray it doesn't deteriorate to the point of needing hospital treatment?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 1, 2020, 03:42:43 pm »
What do people do in this instance? Just report it back? And pray it doesn't deteriorate to the point of needing hospital treatment?

Pretty much. Some hospitals have discharged people without tests, even with symptoms (source: anecdotal direct from friends and friends of friends on social media), and been told to return if it gets worse or doesn’t get better. The lack of testing kits is underestimating the number of cases in the U.K. quite a lot I’d guess.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: April 1, 2020, 03:54:25 pm »

That is the situation I am in. I'm 53, had my pericardium stripped at 32 but did get a pneumonia jab in 2000, so I should be OK. Wife is 50 and has asthma, kids are 9 and 11, so I'm a bit worried.

It is shit - the wife got furloughed a week ago and went nuts tidying the house, plus she had her period, so she's got aches and pains that are normal for when she is on, plus moved more than used to. I've tidied the loft, which involved carrying heavy stuff up and down the loft ladder, built the table etc, so I have no idea if the pains I have are just from doing stuff I'm not used to and from the coughing

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #153 on: April 1, 2020, 04:00:59 pm »
That is the situation I am in. I'm 53, had my pericardium stripped at 32 but did get a pneumonia jab in 2000, so I should be OK. Wife is 50 and has asthma, kids are 9 and 11, so I'm a bit worried.

It is shit - the wife got furloughed a week ago and went nuts tidying the house, plus she had her period, so she's got aches and pains that are normal for when she is on, plus moved more than used to. I've tidied the loft, which involved carrying heavy stuff up and down the loft ladder, built the table etc, so I have no idea if the pains I have are just from doing stuff I'm not used to and from the coughing

From the description of what you've been up to. I'd say the chances of you having it seem fairly low.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 1, 2020, 04:29:00 pm »

Trend and family

Great news Trend.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 1, 2020, 04:29:31 pm »
From the description of what you've been up to. I'd say the chances of you having it seem fairly low.

Cheers - think I needed to hear it from a calm head

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 1, 2020, 04:45:16 pm »
Cheers - think I needed to hear it from a calm head

I think it's really hard not to symptom spot. And hayfever season feels like it is here already, which will make this difficult for people too.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #157 on: April 1, 2020, 04:45:26 pm »

My boss is in the same boat, struggling for breath today.. started coughing a lot on Friday. Worried about him as he has asthma but I don't think the information is clear enough.

Shortness of breath isn't a common symptom of the flu or cold according to this:

https://covidgraph.com/
:D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 1, 2020, 04:58:50 pm »
My boss is in the same boat, struggling for breath today.. started coughing a lot on Friday. Worried about him as he has asthma but I don't think the information is clear enough.

Shortness of breath isn't a common symptom of the flu or cold according to this:

https://covidgraph.com/

Ticking off that list, we've both had a dry cough, feeling cold inside, shortness of breath (but only slightly), banging headaches and some aches. However, everything can be explained away by things such as medical history, things we are doing or the situation we are in (being home, central heating on, more active using muscles we don't normally use)

I think it's really hard not to symptom spot. And hayfever season feels like it is here already, which will make this difficult for people too.

Exactly. What doesn't help is that when I was ill, I ignored it for a couple of years, by the time of my surgery I was told I had a couple of months left to live. Now I tend to worry too much about things.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #159 on: April 1, 2020, 04:59:41 pm »
In my experience, many people don't even report it to anyone. Just wait it out and, if sensible, isolate for the required periods. After all there's no real treatment available yet, just assistance for the more severe cases (oxygen etc).

Some don't even isolate because some people always have that feeling of exceptionalism - that it couldn't really be happening to them or, even if they accept it is happening, that the rules don't apply to them.

On the plus side it does mean that mortality rates and rates of serious/critical cases are almost certainly lower than they may seem from published stats, if so many cases, esp. mild cases are not included.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D