Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4158109 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #66560 on: May 12, 2021, 10:48:20 am »
I don't really see how Fury can knock Joshua out, unless Joshua gets carried away and punches himself out again but I think he's more disciplined now. If Fury goes after him like he did Wilder, Joshua will just jab his head off for 12 rounds.

I was one of the very few that said he'd KO Wilder but Joshua is a different animal.

Mate if Ruiz can KO AJ then Fury can ;D

AJ's uppercuts are a thing of beauty. Would KO a baby rhino.

Does this mean Wlad is bigger than a baby Rhino? ;)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66561 on: May 12, 2021, 10:57:07 am »
If he punches himself out like he did against Ruiz, I agree.  But as I said, he's more disciplined now.

There's nothing wrong with Joshua's chin, he's taken some big shots from much bigger punchers than Fury. Every time he's been in trouble in a fight it's been because he's got someone hurt and gone after the finish, then gassed.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66562 on: May 12, 2021, 10:59:11 am »

Does this mean Wlad is bigger than a baby Rhino? ;)
No as Wlad was KO'd twice by AJ.

AJ has only ever been put down when he has gotten carried away and punched himself out. He is smarter than that now and he has shown that in the last couple of fights. He could get carried away given the occasion but I don't see it.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66563 on: May 12, 2021, 11:03:22 am »
No as Wlad was KO'd twice by AJ.

AJ has only ever been put down when he has gotten carried away and punched himself out. He is smarter than that now and he has shown that in the last couple of fights. He could get carried away given the occasion but I don't see it.

AJ knocked Wlad out twice? I only saw once and even then it wasn't an uppercut knocking him out.

I can see it. I can see him walking onto one if he rocks Fury, he has to as we've seen how Fury recovered against Wilder when he got put down. If he gets a chance he has to go for it.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66564 on: May 12, 2021, 11:06:20 am »
Wasn't it the punch by Ruiz on the Ear that damaged AJ, equilibrium is all over the place when one of your ears takes a big impact.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66565 on: May 12, 2021, 11:09:26 am »
Wasn't it the punch by Ruiz on the Ear that damaged AJ, equilibrium is all over the place when one of your ears takes a big impact.
Yeah

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66566 on: May 12, 2021, 11:11:01 am »
AJ knocked Wlad out twice? I only saw once and even then it wasn't an uppercut knocking him out.

I can see it. I can see him walking onto one if he rocks Fury, he has to as we've seen how Fury recovered against Wilder when he got put down. If he gets a chance he has to go for it.
Knocked down I meant and it was 3 times. The uppercut didn't directly knock him down but it was the punch that finished the fight. He was out on his feet and didn't throw another punch.

If Otto Wallin can damage Fury I think AJ can handle him.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66567 on: May 12, 2021, 11:12:14 am »

Wilder nearly walked onto one himself when that happened, it was some recovery, although to be fair the referee did count to 15 ;D

I don't think Joshua will go after him like that though, I think his game plan will be to jab his way to a UD.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66568 on: May 12, 2021, 11:44:38 am »
Wilder nearly walked onto one himself when that happened, it was some recovery, although to be fair the referee did count to 15 ;D

I don't think Joshua will go after him like that though, I think his game plan will be to jab his way to a UD.

Yeah I think he will as well, but that'll just lead to Fury doing the same and trying to lean on him whenever AJ gets close. Fury has the longer reach so if he gets his jab working AJ won't get near him.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66569 on: May 12, 2021, 11:52:20 am »
I think Fury will win and always have done.

Saying that I am hoping AJ wins but only because I think Fury will retire after these fights. If he wins then his shadow will hang over the division for the next 5 years or so. Everyone who wins a title will always have people saying that they are only champions because Fury retired.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66570 on: May 12, 2021, 12:29:58 pm »
Yeah I think he will as well, but that'll just lead to Fury doing the same and trying to lean on him whenever AJ gets close. Fury has the longer reach so if he gets his jab working AJ won't get near him.
Yup, and that's why I think it'll be a stinker ;D. Although I think there's a chance Joshua wins the jab and grab war.

I think I've said all along that I make Fury the 60/40 favourite.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66571 on: May 12, 2021, 12:30:44 pm »
Aye 60/40 in favour of Fury.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66572 on: May 12, 2021, 12:42:40 pm »
I'm putting my money on the draw ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66573 on: May 12, 2021, 12:47:02 pm »
Bent judges in boxing? Have you no shame?  :o

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66574 on: May 12, 2021, 03:42:56 pm »
Safe to say this ain't going down well.  :-X

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66575 on: May 12, 2021, 03:44:19 pm »
Yeah...people won't like that

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66576 on: May 12, 2021, 04:50:55 pm »
It's fair to say that Fury has a 'complicated' relationship with the people of that country ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66577 on: May 12, 2021, 06:20:11 pm »
I don't think it was him that posted it, he made a video earlier that it was someone else. They also did the same to Andy Ruiz's account.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66578 on: May 13, 2021, 04:22:16 pm »
Yet another full confirmation without actually confirming it. Hearn saying August 14th is the date.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66579 on: May 13, 2021, 05:18:49 pm »
Lusty was right, This fight is the Everton of Boxing currently.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66580 on: May 13, 2021, 05:38:01 pm »
Lusty was right, This fight is the Everton of Boxing currently.  ;D
By the time this fight gets signed, they'll be able to switch the venue to Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #66581 on: May 13, 2021, 07:02:27 pm »
Absolutely shocking that the first fight is going to be in saudi arabia

Biggest British boxing fight probably ever, and they go and put it on abroad! absolute joke

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66582 on: May 13, 2021, 07:10:07 pm »

Biggest British boxing fight probably ever, and they go and put it on abroad! absolute joke

Big joke.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66583 on: May 14, 2021, 09:14:12 am »

Not really. We have no idea when crowds are going to return here. They would likely be fighting at Wembley in front of 20,000 people.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #66584 on: May 14, 2021, 09:30:25 am »
Exactly.

This fight can't wait any longer and money talks. The rematch can be at Wembley in 2022

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66585 on: May 14, 2021, 09:35:43 am »
Exactly.

This fight can't wait any longer and money talks. The rematch can be at Wembley in 2022
Think the rematch has been agreed as Wembley or Vegas.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #66586 on: May 14, 2021, 09:41:44 am »
It really will be 'absolutely shocking' if the rematch is not in the UK. They'll have made enough to last them 10 lifetimes off the 1st fight alone

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66587 on: May 14, 2021, 09:54:29 am »
Remember when Fury said on the Joe Rogan show he was offered crazy money to fight on a yacht over there? It’s defo happening in the Gulf, can’t see it being anywhere else.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66588 on: May 14, 2021, 03:35:18 pm »
Jermall Charlo To Canelo: I'll Be Ready in September, Let's Make The Fight Happen http://dlvr.it/RzYp8G

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66589 on: May 14, 2021, 05:40:54 pm »
Jermall Charlo To Canelo: I'll Be Ready in September, Let's Make The Fight Happen http://dlvr.it/RzYp8G
At what weight? I was wondering at what weight Canelo could get down to now. Kind of thought middleweight and super welter days were behind him now.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66590 on: May 14, 2021, 06:12:14 pm »
Middleweight. Charlo want's to move up.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66591 on: May 14, 2021, 07:11:32 pm »
Middleweight. Charlo want's to move up.

167.9lb catchweight. For the 160lb title.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66592 on: May 15, 2021, 12:36:05 am »
 :D

That's Canelo 101 of the manual to fuck over your opponent.

Offline Creg

• Main Stander
« Reply #66593 on: May 15, 2021, 02:15:11 am »
A bit of a shocker that up until now Taylor v Ramirez appears to only be available on Fite tv.

Josh seemingly did the right thing in signing with top rank to get the unification but the tv situation is pish.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66594 on: May 15, 2021, 09:55:38 am »
Jermall Charlo needs a win at 168lbs first.

Its gonna be Plant for the undisputed next

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66595 on: May 15, 2021, 08:02:10 pm »
Buatsi v Dos Santos

What's the winning bet lads?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66596 on: May 15, 2021, 08:06:17 pm »
Should be easy nights work for Buatsi mate.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66597 on: May 15, 2021, 08:09:46 pm »
Have gone Dos Santos to be knocked down in rounds 1 or 2 and Buatsi to win in round 3 at 5/1
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66598 on: May 15, 2021, 08:10:40 pm »
Should be easy nights work for Buatsi mate.

What time are we expecting him do you think?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66599 on: May 15, 2021, 08:16:50 pm »
Is this Matchrooms last Sky card then?

If it is its a poor one.

Buatsi  is 1/100 on.