Author Topic: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool  (Read 41617 times)

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
Re: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool
« Reply #440 on: June 21, 2020, 10:06:48 pm »
We certainly need more quality in our attacking depth the drop off is just too big we have managed to not overexpose the likes of Origi e.t.c but if they have to play extended periods of time it's just not good enough, we have to pray for the big 3 upfront to stay fit.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #441 on: June 21, 2020, 10:07:20 pm »
It would appear Minamino is on a hiding to nothing with some people, but happily Klopp will be more patient.

A bit like the start that Fabinho and Ox made for us.
#JFT97

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #442 on: June 21, 2020, 10:07:32 pm »
I find that laughable to be honest, that people are so quick to judge, especially when a lot of what is being said was probably being said about Robbo too, and maybe even Ox. He played about 6 games for god sake give the lad a chance. That's not an unreasonable ask

It’s a little sinister how hard certain posters are going against him
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #443 on: June 21, 2020, 10:07:38 pm »
He was here when Klopp walked in the door and he is still here 5 years later when were arguably the best side in the world. Klopp would have well got shut if he is how you have described but Klopp has faith and belief in Lovren. He would get into any other Premiership side despite being everyones favourite whipping boy in the media and with dickheads on twitter and in our own fanbase. Klopp said after the Watford game "if people blame Dejan Lovren for that defeat i cant help them" and he was right. TAA and VVD stunk the joint out against Watford and Lovren as the low hanging fruit got the blame.

Yup, and that's why he's only played about 10 times this season. And only because he's been forced to due to the injuries we've had. He's 31 in a few days and if we can't find a younger CB to replace him as 4th choice on about 1/4 of his salary then honestly what are we doing? He's not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, but he's just not at the level required.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #444 on: June 21, 2020, 10:08:05 pm »
I’m not writing him off and I haven’t said he’s crap and will never make it here. He could just need to get a goal to get his confidence up. But at the moment he looks like he’s struggling and not sure what his role when he plays.

But why are people surprised about that? It's not unusual for our new signings to take a while to adjust to the Premier League and that's in a normal season, not one that's been stopped for 108 days. I really don't understand the concern, its way too early to be making any judgements on him. For me he did some useful things today, I agree a goal would do a world of good, but if not we just need to be a bit more patient.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: June 21, 2020, 10:09:09 pm »

Exactly.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: June 21, 2020, 10:09:50 pm »
Maybe we don't know what we're doing?

Fucking laptop Edwards and his gang have a lot to answer for!

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #447 on: June 21, 2020, 10:10:02 pm »
I cannot believe this is actually a thing. Who cares? The guy is a footballer.

Why are they kneeling before the matches then? Who cares, they're just footballers.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #448 on: June 21, 2020, 10:10:59 pm »
Read my post - I’ve said that Lovren wasn’t at the races. That wasn’t the point.

My criticism of Carra is down to him always giving Everton undue credit - not just today and not just against us. It’s more than a trend and it’s fucking annoying. It’s as if living, as he does, in an Everton stronghold, he wants his cake and eat it.
Just out of interest, what do you mean when you say Carragher lives in an Everton stronghold?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #449 on: June 21, 2020, 10:11:20 pm »
Why are they kneeling before the matches then? Who cares, they're just footballers.

Our Keeper supports fascist right wing leaders also, it’s easy to talk about Lovren given his status at the club currently.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: June 21, 2020, 10:11:34 pm »
I find that laughable to be honest, that people are so quick to judge, especially when a lot of what is being said was probably being said about Robbo too, and maybe even Ox. He played about 6 games for god sake give the lad a chance. That's not an unreasonable ask

I feel sure he will be making people eat their words. It must have been a really strange start for him with everything that's happened. It was interesting that Klopp was saying having that break has helped him adjust more to everyone around him. He just needs to find his feet now on the pitch and he'll be fine.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #451 on: June 21, 2020, 10:12:27 pm »
Our Keeper supports fascist right wing leaders also, it’s easy to talk about Lovren given his status at the club currently.

Jesus fucking wept, are there not enough politics threads for people to get their fill in?!  :butt
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: June 21, 2020, 10:12:53 pm »

The players decided to do that. Or maybe they have been forced to do that?

Yes, who cares? They are not our friends and we are not their friends. They are employees of the football club that will play here and leave over the next several years. They are not our elected representatives where what they believe is important.

Really their politics dont matter.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool
« Reply #453 on: June 21, 2020, 10:13:52 pm »
So we should curb Lovrens beliefs then ? I don’t agree with them, in fact I find him a bit odd, but we shouldn’t be attempting to curb his political views. I wouldn’t feel comfortable about that personally.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: June 21, 2020, 10:15:31 pm »
One point closer. Our record at Goodison Park coupled with the bizarre circumstances we find ourselves in means that today’s result was probably to be expected, but Everton should really have won it late on with that double-chance and then Calvert-Lewin’s header from the flick-on. I’m content with that though. If we beat Crystal Palace on Wednesday then we are leaving Manchester City with no more room for error - there’s every chance that we’re champions by Thursday night.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #455 on: June 21, 2020, 10:17:03 pm »
No issue with how he looks. But why the fuck have we bought a square peg?
Have you got information about how Klopp wishes to use him in the long run? Square peg talk based on little information is a bit strong.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #456 on: June 21, 2020, 10:19:56 pm »
Its been 3 long hard months and moaners, they gorra moan.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #457 on: June 21, 2020, 10:20:44 pm »
The players decided to do that. Or maybe they have been forced to do that?

Yes, who cares? They are not our friends and we are not their friends. They are employees of the football club that will play here and leave over the next several years. They are not our elected representatives where what they believe is important.

Really their politics dont matter.

I don't know, but I guess this site's politics matter. Look at the BLM logo at the top of the page. And so do the club's, after we were one of the first to kneel a few weeks back and just did it again before this match as well. So maybe the politics of the people who the club employs really do matter as this club has a quite clear stance on certain political issues.

Anyway, that's the last I'll say about it. There are plenty of other threads and places to discuss it. My original post on Lovren was about him being put on his arse twice by Richarlison in the space of about 3 seconds anyway.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: June 21, 2020, 10:22:15 pm »
Not a great game.

Think we should have won it, at one stage we had them totally penned I’m but we got a bit fortunate that Davis missed their chance.

Not a great performance but it’s one point closer to the greatest day of all our lives.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: June 21, 2020, 10:22:25 pm »
Why are you fucking plums talking about politics and not us winning the title at City ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: June 21, 2020, 10:24:56 pm »
Why are you fucking plums talking about politics and not us winning the title at City ?

Don;t disrespect the plum, these are lemons.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #461 on: June 21, 2020, 10:26:22 pm »

Not at all similar. Fab and Ox play in positions that match positions in our team. Mini does not. Sorry but there is no hope for him, even if he looks a tricky player, which he does.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: June 21, 2020, 10:26:24 pm »
I think from about 46 mins - 80 mins we were camped in their half. Needed to take advantage.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: June 21, 2020, 10:27:17 pm »
Don;t disrespect the plum, these are lemons.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: June 21, 2020, 10:27:48 pm »
Not at all similar. Fab and Ox play in positions that match positions in our team. Mini does not. Sorry but there is no hope for him, even if he looks a tricky player, which he does.

Serious or wind up?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: June 21, 2020, 10:28:16 pm »
There’s no hope for him ???? Really???

I’m outta here.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #466 on: June 21, 2020, 10:29:00 pm »
If we win on Weds can't we win it on Thurs if City lose against Chelsea?

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #467 on: June 21, 2020, 10:30:39 pm »
And this is coming from Carragher ?
Takes one to know one.   :P

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: June 21, 2020, 10:31:46 pm »
City draw wins it

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: June 21, 2020, 10:32:23 pm »

Yeah but fuck off,I was trying to be a smartarse.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #470 on: June 21, 2020, 10:33:22 pm »
Serious or wind up?

Serious. Our formation does not include a space for a tricky Smicer type player who plays best behind a front man. We either have box to box athletes in midfield or pacy inside forwards. Mini is neither. Not his fault. I think he looks quite good, but he doesn’t fit our extremely successful system
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #471 on: June 21, 2020, 10:34:57 pm »

I understand he’s been underwhelming and I appreciate the impact of recency bias but there’s a tendency to be too quick to judge amongst fans. He’ll get his chance, he’ll get a run of starts. Judge once he’s had a fair crack.

Agreed. We need to win the league in the next 2 or 3 games and then hopefully the likes of him, Keita maybe Jones etc can get a run in the remaining games with some of the rest of the team. In the long term he might make it here and he might not but he has hardly been given a chance so far.

alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #472 on: June 21, 2020, 10:35:48 pm »
He did nothing? Must have been watching a different game. He was everywhere the first half trying to link play. Kept things tidy and was quite imaginative so I think you’re being harsh.

All of the players bar our bearded wonder were rusty. That’s to be expected.
Taki was like a man possessed.. he lost the ball a few times and was busting a gut to get a foot in to break that up..  I reckon he was gassing.  Very encouraged by that
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: June 21, 2020, 10:37:42 pm »
He doesn’t fit wide and is never going to be strong enough to replace Bobby. I can’t see him fitting in to the shape as we stand.

Hard to disagree from the small sample set we've seen. If he is going to succeed we will have to adapt his style as a false 9 I think. Fabregras was able to be a successful false 9 for Spain and he like Taki lacks physicality. Problem is this LFC team is ALOT more direct than that Spain team... Shame as I think Taki looks to have good feet and real football intelligence but he is just simply not a natural fit to the way the team plays

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #474 on: June 21, 2020, 10:37:51 pm »
Wow! Haven't played a competitive game in 100+ days and players getting slated.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #475 on: June 21, 2020, 10:46:11 pm »
I think from about 46 mins - 80 mins we were camped in their half. Needed to take advantage.
Everton was set up to negate our play as Ancelotti has admitted he was being cautious for this game.

They were trying to shut down Trent on the right and chopping down Mane every time he run at their defenders.

Once Salah is back to give another outlet we should be fine but I am looking more from our midfield. We can’t be asking Trent, Mane and Salah to deliver every game.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: June 21, 2020, 10:47:44 pm »
Wish he left Minamino on. I thought he played well today.

Yup, thought he looked bright. Encouraging signs.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: June 21, 2020, 10:49:03 pm »
Yup, thought he looked bright. Encouraging signs.

Jurgen is treating these games as a pre-season,he isn't going to push a player before he has found his limit.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #478 on: June 21, 2020, 10:49:30 pm »
Have any of the people saying that Minamino doesn't fit into our formation ever consider that maybe Klopp might want to have more than one way of setting the team up to play, and that different players can offer different things in different games against different types of opposition?

Anyway, probably the very worst game that we could have had coming out of the break, and made worse by not having Robertson or Salah available.  We also really didn't have TTA available either, as that was a very below par performance from him, but he has more than enough goodwill in the tank to get a pass from me, even if we weren't in these strange circumstances.  It was a shame that Keita and Firmimo both came off as they looked the most likely combination to make the difference, and I was also a little annoyed that we didn't see a few more shots from distance just to mix things up a bit and at least test Pickford a bit more.

Ultimately though it's another point towards the goal and another of our trickier games ticked off the fixture list.  I just hope that we see Gomez at CB against Palace if Matip isn't fit as I wouldn't be excited about the Benteke vs Lovren matchup.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: June 21, 2020, 10:50:09 pm »
Wow! Haven't played a competitive game in 100+ days and players getting slated.

Come on mate, people have been on lock down give them a chance to slag off our players and moan. Don't you know that 'supporting' the club on social media gives them the duty to slag off Hendo, the need to say Divok is crap, focus on every player's mistakes and to question why every new signing isn't at least as good as Messi.