Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 1838176 times)

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • D'yer wanna see my legacy?

mate think were similar generation....working class football for me ended on 15th April 1989..ever since then every change in the game has been spun to improve it..but it was always in the pursuit of money and power...we can ignore it cos of love of our club...all fans do..but the harsh light of truth caused by the ESL..us everyone is a greedy fucker fighting their own corner..using pompous self righteousness tropes to protect ' our game'
I can't disagree with any of that, unfortunately.  :-\
Legacy Fan And Proud Of It.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Grumpy by name and nature. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm 100% against the ESL but the level of sanctimonious hypocrisy coming out of football is making me puke...its all about the money

I see are EFC concerned about the sanctity of the game...not the Half Billion pound investment that will go tits up if TV/ Prem money reduces if ESL... thats the truth...be honest and say it....Everton one of top 15 richest clubs in world yet have won fuck all for 25 years....so how?

Its all about the money.

Is correct.
Shame on the English FA, South Yorkshire Police, and The Sun.

Justice for the 96!

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.96
No, it's about sporting integrity.

West Ham's owners have said so

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl
  • Legacy Fan

Hah hah.
Cancel the season and no relegation, that lot?
Its all about the money now regardless of what league anyone is playing in.
As for closed shops, its usually the 3 teams that came up which go down. For the rest its noses in the trough every season.
Football here died in 1992. Its been on a ventilator since.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.96
Hah hah.
Cancel the season and no relegation, that lot?
Its all about the money now regardless of what league anyone is playing in.
As for closed shops, its usually the 3 teams that came up which go down. For the rest its noses in the trough every season.
Football here died in 1992. Its been on a ventilator since.

No views on relegation this season. Can't understand why

Offline MrGrumpy

• Grumpy by name and nature. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

🤣

Justice for the 96!

Offline MrGrumpy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
To my mind, the European Super League is a cynical attempt by the largest clubs to maximise their revenue at the expense of middling clubs, in much the same way the Premier League maximised the revenue of large and middling clubs at the expense of smaller clubs that once rivalled them such as Luton Town and Oxford United.

Everton will loose if the Big Six leave the league or if their is a compromise in their favour (to my mind the most likely outcome). Their huffing and puffing is a smoke screen for the fact that they are ****ing themselves.

Justice for the 96!

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Null and voiding a season to stop us winning the title is fine though? Absolute joke of a club.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
Let's get it right. If they needed seven English clubs and invited Everton, there's no way Everton are saying no.

Same for West ham or Leicester.
Too right, that's what made me laugh when they were all lapping up the statement that they released.

It's easy for a club to look good and call others out or play up to their own fans when they had absolutely no chance of being in it themselves.

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
Moshiri chatting shite on talk sports to his bum chum jim white  ::) can't wait for the day these financially doped c*nts get exposed.

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Moshiri chatting shite on talk sports to his bum chum jim white  ::) can't wait for the day these financially doped c*nts get exposed.

This mess will ensure the death of FFP and allow Usmanov to openly invest his laundered billions, rather than using that clown, Moshiri, as his front man.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Got to laugh at the Everton and West Ham fans being the most vocal about getting points docked off the big six, bans from Europe, relegation etc... ;D These the very two fan bases who were the most vocal about the league being made null and void last season. One because they didn't want us to win the league. The other because they wanted the threat of relegation taken away from them, and probably didn't want us to win the league either.

So to any blue lurkers on here, you can stick yeh sporting merit up your arses, you gang of hypocritical gobshites! :wave
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Got to laugh at the Everton and West Ham fans being the most vocal about getting points docked off the big six, bans from Europe, relegation etc... ;D These the very two fan bases who were the most vocal about the league being made null and void last season. One because they didn't want us to win the league. The other because they wanted the threat of relegation taken away from them, and probably didn't want us to win the league either.

So to any blue lurkers on here, you can stick yeh sporting merit up your arses, you gang of hypocritical gobshites! :wave
Yup.
And both those clubs would have joined the Super League if they were big enough to have been invited.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

So how does "ban the fuckers (so that we can qualify for the Champions League despite not being good enough to finish in the top four over a 38 game season)"  square with the whole "Earn it" campaign they were all making a fuss about the other day?

You don't "earn" access to the Champions League by finishing 8th.  They'd have to turn it down in order to not look like the kind of self interested greedy fuckers they're accusing others of being.  They'd jump at the chance, mind.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So how does "ban the fuckers (so that we can qualify for the Champions League despite not being good enough to finish in the top four over a 38 game season)"  square with the whole "Earn it" campaign they were all making a fuss about the other day?

You don't "earn" access to the Champions League by finishing 8th.  They'd have to turn it down in order to not look like the kind of self interested greedy fuckers they're accusing others of being.  They'd jump at the chance, mind.

Precisely mate.

That gimp from ToffeeTV, Ped was asking how the hell Spurs got invited. And then went on ranting for two days solid about how we all should be punished. Pretty obvious he was only doing this because he, like many other blues had their noses bent out of shape, because Spurs got an invite instead of them. That, and because of our involvement, obviously.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

If Everton earned points for shameless hypocrisy they'd win the league every season.

Their whining over the ESL was because they weren't invited and would have been left behind. If they'd been invited they have been there in a heartbeat.

They went on record as wanting the status quo to remain. Now it has, they want to change it in their favour by docking points or relegation.

We've seen breathtaking hypocrisy galore this week, and it seems Everton are at least at the forefront on that score.

Fuck off, you rancid, opportunist arsewipes.  :wanker

Online Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
The levels of "Holier than Thou" on my fb feed are sky fucking high from the BS tonight  ;D
I just keep replying with either...
"What you really mean is that you weren't invited."
Or...

I'm having some great sport  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
The levels of "Holier than Thou" on my fb feed are sky fucking high from the BS tonight  ;D
I just keep replying with either...
"What you really mean is that you weren't invited."
Or...

I'm having some great sport  ;D

They don't take rejection or the truth very well at all, so I assume you are upsetting them with both your points tonight.  ;D

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 11:00:15 pm by Son of Spion* »

Online Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
They don't take rejection or the truth very well at all, so I assume you are upsetting them with both your points tonight.  ;D

Mate... It's glorious carnage ;D
Me...
"All I can hear is 'Wah! WAh! Wah! We didn't get invited and we helped start the Premier league! It's not fair  :'( ' "  ;D

Offline Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Mate... It's glorious carnage ;D
Me...
"All I can hear is 'Wah! WAh! Wah! We didn't get invited and we helped start the Premier league! It's not fair  :'( ' "  ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory"......
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
To be honest the Ev have been the silver lining to the whole farago.

Just to taunt them further, Id love it if the ESL group released a statement to say "Actually this is an amendment; we now realise that Spurs were incorrectly included in our plans and we'd like to apologise and state that their place should be taken by another more historic and more storied club whose fans have understandably been perplexed as to their ommission....step forward Aston Villa"

Fewmageddon

“Giving absolutely everything doesn't mean you get anything... but it’s the only chance to get something!”

"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline wet echo

• trapped paper puncher in need of a work out
  • Kopite
F.C. The uninvited

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
F.C. The uninvited
The closest they'll ever get to their dream of becoming Manchester United
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline wet echo

• trapped paper puncher in need of a work out
  • Kopite
The closest they'll ever get to their dream of becoming Manchester United
😂

Offline MrGrumpy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The foundation of the Premier League put up boundaries to small but well run clubs competing near the top of the highest division. I doubt the likes of Luton Town will finish 7th in the top flight and win the League Cup again.

Are the Bitters bleating about that?

Justice for the 96!

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Watch them kick up a massive stink if the premier league does decide to punish the big 6 with a points deduction, but it'll only come into effect next season.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
Reading this from The Guardian, https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/25/just-relegate-them-fans-discuss-englands-big-six-after-the-esl-farce

They really are desperate aren't they?

QUOTE:_
Everton
The plan was an outrage, an affront to everyone who supports, loves and enjoys the game. At least it was good to see Everton’s board react so strongly, speaking for the interests of the whole game, setting the tone for the Premier League meeting. They spoke of the betrayal of fans and clubs, accused ESL clubs of “preposterous arrogance” and reminded owners of their responsibilities in holding community assets. Farhad Moshiri spoke as a fan, not a billionaire owner.

Any positives? It’s an opportunity for a reboot. We need to use this to create excellent governance. So introduce advisory boards in each club comprising wholly independent directors and fans, with main board representation and a golden share regarding changes of ownership/control, plus participation in new competitions. All fans and stakeholders must be resolute in their determination to bring meaningful change, protecting the game’s future and ridding it of those with only self-interest.

Should they be punished? They’re potentially guilty of tortious interference, which warrants severe punishment. Relegate them to the Championship. That’d provide punishment, deterrent and income redistribution across both divisions, and remove the glass ceiling.

Online Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Reading this from The Guardian, https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/25/just-relegate-them-fans-discuss-englands-big-six-after-the-esl-farce

Everton
The plan was an outrage, an affront to everyone who supports, loves and enjoys the game. At least it was good to see Everton’s board react so strongly, speaking for the interests of the whole game, setting the tone for the Premier League meeting. They spoke of the betrayal of fans and clubs, accused ESL clubs of “preposterous arrogance” and reminded owners of their responsibilities in holding community assets. Farhad Moshiri spoke as a fan, not a billionaire owner.

Any positives? It’s an opportunity for a reboot. We need to use this to create excellent governance. So introduce advisory boards in each club comprising wholly independent directors and fans, with main board representation and a golden share regarding changes of ownership/control, plus participation in new competitions. All fans and stakeholders must be resolute in their determination to bring meaningful change, protecting the game’s future and ridding it of those with only self-interest.

Should they be punished? They’re potentially guilty of tortious interference, which warrants severe punishment. Relegate them to the Championship. That’d provide punishment, deterrent and income redistribution across both divisions, and remove the glass ceiling.
Just put that through Google translate and it came back as...

"Wah! WAh! Wah! We didn't get invited and we helped start the Premier league! It's not fair  :'(  "

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
I don‘t really know the legal situation but how can you punish someone or a club that has only signed a piece of paper? These clubs haven’t actually done anything wrong because it didn‘t come to fruition. Or is that wrong?

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I do wonder, given that the capitalist approach is so utterly reprehensible, what will the Ev fans think when the whiter than white Moshi decides that his money is more important to him than Everton Football Club?
JFT96

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
If they expand to adding another English team to the mooted ESL then it will be Leicester.

Everton should never be in the conversation, haven't even won a trophy in the HD era of TV, even Spurs managed that. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If they expand to adding another English team to the mooted ESL then it will be Leicester.

Everton should never be in the conversation, haven't even won a trophy in the HD era of TV, even Spurs managed that. :D
When Everton last won a trophy mobile phones were still the size of a housebrick and we were using dial-up modems
JFT96

Online Al 666

• "I haven't got a clue." 23/03/2020......Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
When Everton last won a trophy mobile phones were still the size of a housebrick and we were using dial-up modems

I remember Everton being sponsored by the phone network one2one. Maybe that is where they got the idea of how to treat their kids at the match pay as you throw.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Everton

And while the big six indulge in "preposterous arrogance" the uninvited indulge in nauseating and preposterous hypocrisy.

I do love how they are framing this in a way that would bring them an unearned advantage. I mean wasn't that one of their gripes over the big six and the ESL?  :wanker

Honestly, you simply cannot take anything that preposterous club and fanbase say remotely seriously.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The level of sanctimonious hypocrisy and idiocy from this lot is staggering even by their usual standards, the ESL clubs were still going to be in the PL, unless the latter kicked them out, so there's nothing to punish. If they actually tried to do such a thing then it might very well push the clubs concerned into returning to the ESL idea itself too, which would kill the next PL tv deal.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 01:22:39 pm by Skeeve »

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I remember Everton being sponsored by the phone network one2one. Maybe that is where they got the idea of how to treat their kids at the match pay as you throw.

I Hafnia dea what you’re talking about.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The level of sanctimonious hypocrisy and idiocy from this lot is staggering even by their usual standards, the ESL clubs were still going to be in the PL, unless the latter kicked them out, so there's nothing to punish. If they actually tried to do such a thing then it might very well push the clubs concerned into returning to the ESL idea itself too, which would kill the next PL tv deal.

Keep piping up about L9 premier league rule, while completely ignoring the fact 1) The ESL was intended to replace the CL and not be a breakaway league from the prem 2) None of the 6 clubs have actually signed a contract as far as I'm aware, and only signed a statement of intent to join the ESL.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Walton Vale Boot Boys
I Hafnia dea what you’re talking about.

Ker Chang !!
Comedian, chameleon, corinthian and caricature.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Just a flock of Angry Birds.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wind your NEC in folks.