Author Topic: CyberPunk 2077  (Read 46851 times)

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CyberPunk 2077
« Reply #200 on: December 7, 2020, 02:25:50 pm »
Actually getting quite excited for this. Not looked forward to a new release this much since probably Fallout 4.
I’ve been thinking that this might be the moment where we see what Fallout could’ve been, if Bethesda hadn’t dropped the ball completely.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #201 on: December 7, 2020, 02:40:27 pm »
I’ve been thinking that this might be the moment where we see what Fallout could’ve been, if Bethesda hadn’t dropped the ball completely.
I enjoyed Fallout 4 but it definitely wasn't as good as 3 or as good as it should have been. They definitely had a good idea with the Settlement building but executed it poorly and the whole game was buggy as hell prior to patches that took too long to arrive.

Having said that, we could be seeing a few similar problems with Cyberpunk if it has the issues early players are reporting. Mammoth day one patch incoming you'd say.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #202 on: December 7, 2020, 02:45:12 pm »
they've already said there's going to be a day 1 patch. I think that was part of the reason for the most recent delay.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #203 on: December 7, 2020, 03:00:50 pm »
Yeah there was always gonna be a patch - the game had "gone gold", they had already started printing discs before the announced the latest delay, those discs won't have been binned.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 7, 2020, 03:15:04 pm »
I'm just going to wait for the PS5 version. Surely it can't be too far away and will release in the first quarter of next year.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #205 on: December 7, 2020, 03:38:39 pm »
I'm just going to wait for the PS5 version. Surely it can't be too far away and will release in the first quarter of next year.

I've pre-ordered it (got it when it was £39.99), but I think I'll wait too. I've got Demon's Souls, Ghost of Tsushima and Mafia remastered to go through, would like to think the PS5 version will be out by the time I've got through those.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #206 on: December 7, 2020, 05:15:05 pm »
Review embargo lifts at 5pm today, so expect to see reviews filtering out

However, if you're curious IGN has there review up

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-review
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #207 on: December 7, 2020, 05:31:54 pm »
good but with bugs.

so, it's a big rpg then.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 7, 2020, 07:34:52 pm »
So i have a ps5 getting delivered in the next week. If i buy this on ps4 i can continue on ps5 yeah?
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 7, 2020, 07:52:51 pm »
So i have a ps5 getting delivered in the next week. If i buy this on ps4 i can continue on ps5 yeah?

Yeah. There'll be a free upgrade at some point

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #210 on: December 7, 2020, 08:03:00 pm »
review score megathread:

https://old.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/k8kjro/cyberpunk_2077_review_megathread/

Brilliant and buggy. solid 9/10 mostly:) 

May be worth holding off a few weeks/months if you dont feel the need to play it RIGHT NOW!
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #211 on: December 7, 2020, 08:06:57 pm »
review score megathread:

https://old.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/k8kjro/cyberpunk_2077_review_megathread/

Brilliant and buggy. solid 9/10 mostly:) 

May be worth holding off a few weeks/months if you dont feel the need to play it RIGHT NOW!
Very good, the 50 gig download day 1 will get rid of the bugs mostly
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 8, 2020, 07:09:37 am »
Reviews seem generally pretty good, although given the amount of bugs they’re mentioning it’s made up my mind to wait for the PS5 specific version as it sounds like a few months of people playing it will be needed to iron out the volume of issues.

Generally lots of things in the game sound interesting if you like the Cyberpunk thing. It also sounds like you’re better off not ploughing through the main story and spending a good amount of time just existing in the city and doing side quests, that seems like it opens up the options to you in the main story.

Will definitely be getting it but will be interested in the full reviews and further updates to it. Sounds like although the main mission is about 20-25 hours you could easily spend 4 times that in there so need to get through my backlog of games first!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 8, 2020, 07:10:43 am »
They haven't sent out any console review codes to anybody so all that we're hearing about now are the bugs on the PC version.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 8, 2020, 07:18:27 am »
They haven't sent out any console review codes to anybody so all that we're hearing about now are the bugs on the PC version.

Yeah, although I suspect a lot of the issues will be seen across all systems initially. On the consoles it might be easier to iron out some of the bigger issues quickly and consistently for users as they’re stable platforms, unlike PCs which vary considerably, but the lack of console reviews would worry me re the overall performance of the game. Although you could play it on an old PS4 I suspect it will creak fairly regularly trying to run it!

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #215 on: December 8, 2020, 07:51:22 am »
I think I will leave the game for a while.

Surprise they are saying the main campaign can be completed in less than 20 hours
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #216 on: December 8, 2020, 09:02:41 am »
Just pre-loading now. Reviews are describing a decent game, if needing its launch day patch and more, but 'a game of good quests' sounds like it'll be closest to truth rather than anything particularly new beyond the ray tracing done well.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 8, 2020, 09:22:08 am »
Interesting mixed bag of reviews.

Many saying it's incredible, some even going as far as saying it's the game of the generation. Most saying it's excellent but the bugs put them off giving it the truly exceptional praise.

This is then caveated by the fact most reviewers are using a 'Day 0' patch but at retail release an improved 'Day 1' patch will be applied. Not sure how reliable that is though as the only place I saw reporting that, the reviewer said it was the best game he's ever played, which is too hypey for me.

Worst review I've seen is a 78/100 saying it's excellent but the level of bugs are unforgivable and ruins the experience.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #218 on: December 8, 2020, 10:11:05 am »
:D

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 8, 2020, 02:05:19 pm »
Worst review I've seen is a 78/100 saying it's excellent but the level of bugs are unforgivable and ruins the experience.

That’s a good sign overall though, it does suggest that following a patch or two it should be right up there but it’s a shame the bugs are holding it back. Difficult to be bug free with such massive, complex worlds but either the day 1 patch is substantial or there’s still plenty to do. As ever day 1 purchasers are effectively beta testers for everyone else! Some of the bugs I’ve seen though are so obvious you have to wonder how they’ve been missed or ever got out into the public?

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 8, 2020, 02:30:52 pm »
That’s a good sign overall though, it does suggest that following a patch or two it should be right up there but it’s a shame the bugs are holding it back. Difficult to be bug free with such massive, complex worlds but either the day 1 patch is substantial or there’s still plenty to do. As ever day 1 purchasers are effectively beta testers for everyone else! Some of the bugs I’ve seen though are so obvious you have to wonder how they’ve been missed or ever got out into the public?

Like any project, they will have to priortize the bugs based on severity/criticality. I'm still seeing obvious bugs in games like BF5, so there will always be bugs in some way or another  ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #221 on: December 8, 2020, 02:34:19 pm »
https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa

This is really very bad. I have no diagnosed issues - I fainted a lot as a kid with no explanation, often with my eyes wide open, and doctors were worried about epilepsy to begin with but they never came up with a reason beyond "you're just a bit weird" and I grew out of it.

So of course, when I was on my dinner earlier, I stupidly watched a gameplay video showing the light pattern referenced in the article out of curiosity. What happened next was a headache, blurred/flashing vision, sweating, trembling and feeling on the verge of passing out for about five minutes until it passed. I'm okay now but I still have a bit of a headache.

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: December 8, 2020, 02:52:11 pm »
I actually got Witcher 3 in mid-2016 so I suspect I saw the game in its best light, apparently that was a bit rough on release too.

I have been keeping my eye on Cyberpunk but I'm not particularly fussed if I don't play it for another year. I'm not surprised its buggy given the size and scope of the thing and the amount of development time they would have lost this year. Unfortunately they took so much flak when it was delayed but sounds like they should have stuck to their guns and delayed it some more, most normal people would be disappointed but understanding.

Also we don't know the state of the console versions yet, especially the PS4 and Xbox One versions are like, they must be in a pretty poor shape if they've only been sending out PC codes.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 8, 2020, 03:29:10 pm »
The problem here is the massive hype. Geeks around the world are expecting some sort of organismic ecstasy. It’s just a game.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #224 on: December 8, 2020, 03:31:13 pm »
Think I'm going to wait a while until I get a PS5 to play this despite every fibre of my being wanting to play this asap.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #225 on: December 8, 2020, 03:34:27 pm »
The problem here is the massive hype. Geeks around the world are expecting some sort of organismic ecstasy. It’s just a game.

such is life these days. though, to be fair, it's nothing new really.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 8, 2020, 04:35:00 pm »
such is life these days. though, to be fair, it's nothing new really.
Yeah I’m not disagreeing with you there. There was hype around water coolers and in schoolyards when Mario 64 was released as well. I’m just too old for the influencer/streamer thingy and the forum wars as well. That’s why I get my “reviews” from this forum only. Now and then I check out Metacritic but RAWK is my go to source.

I’m expecting a good game with many bugs. As long as they are not game breaking, I don’t care much. Just looking forward to have something decent to play; I’ve been extremely bored this Autumn.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 8, 2020, 07:51:23 pm »
Confirmed as dispatched but coming via Royal Mail. May see it on Monday of next week then.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #228 on: December 8, 2020, 08:04:17 pm »
quite amusing how if you try and launch it at the moment you get this

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #229 on: December 8, 2020, 09:56:40 pm »
I caved and pre-ordered it from game.

Thought I'd save myself a few quid and pick up in store, but they charge 4.99 even to collect in a shop. What the fuck.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 8, 2020, 10:43:02 pm »
quite amusing how if you try and launch it at the moment you get this

That's brilliant.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 8, 2020, 10:45:13 pm »
I caved and pre-ordered it from game.

Thought I'd save myself a few quid and pick up in store, but they charge 4.99 even to collect in a shop. What the fuck.

They're all owned by Mike Ashley now. He does the same with House of Fraser and Sports Direct. I refuse to give him a penny of my money.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #232 on: December 8, 2020, 10:47:03 pm »
I got in on Steam and it doesn't let me load the game, so I don't get that screen. I demand a refund... ;)

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 9, 2020, 03:06:15 am »
https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa

This is really very bad. I have no diagnosed issues - I fainted a lot as a kid with no explanation, often with my eyes wide open, and doctors were worried about epilepsy to begin with but they never came up with a reason beyond "you're just a bit weird" and I grew out of it.

So of course, when I was on my dinner earlier, I stupidly watched a gameplay video showing the light pattern referenced in the article out of curiosity. What happened next was a headache, blurred/flashing vision, sweating, trembling and feeling on the verge of passing out for about five minutes until it passed. I'm okay now but I still have a bit of a headache.
The poor lady who wrote that article has been sent videos on Twitter to trigger epileptic fits by twisted CDPR fanboys. Utter c*nts.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #234 on: December 9, 2020, 06:34:05 am »
Saw them on twitter saying they were looking at how to remove those issues post-release but were sticking additional warnings on for the moment. It's not great they missed something like that. Hadn't seen that with the article writer getting grief but did see one female reviewer getting a lot of abuse for her review suggesting it was a fine game (bugs apart) but, in her opinion, poorer for lacking the emergent gameplay of something like RDR2. Some strange people out there to turn toxic over mild criticism of what would have improved a game.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #235 on: December 9, 2020, 09:38:27 am »
Saw them on twitter saying they were looking at how to remove those issues post-release but were sticking additional warnings on for the moment. It's not great they missed something like that. Hadn't seen that with the article writer getting grief but did see one female reviewer getting a lot of abuse for her review suggesting it was a fine game (bugs apart) but, in her opinion, poorer for lacking the emergent gameplay of something like RDR2. Some strange people out there to turn toxic over mild criticism of what would have improved a game.

CDPR have a pretty toxic fanbase to be honest, I love Witcher 3 and I'll pick up Cyberpunk in the future if and when the issues are sorted but yeesh.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #236 on: December 9, 2020, 09:40:11 am »
such people shouldn't be referred to as fans of anything at all. they should just be referred to as a bunch of fucking arseholes.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #237 on: December 9, 2020, 10:19:26 am »
CDPR have a pretty toxic fanbase to be honest, I love Witcher 3 and I'll pick up Cyberpunk in the future if and when the issues are sorted but yeesh.

If I couldn't do the Steam refund I'd have held on too. Bit concerned about bugs and performance but see where it's at. Didn't know that about CDPR although popped into the Steam forums to find release time and found it full of alt-right dipsticks, not too much of a surprise given tone set from first Witcher game on with some things and, from reviews, very present in this one too. But that's way too heavy for a gaming thread so I'll head back to reading 10 page commentaries on Mass Effect 5 teaser images.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #238 on: December 9, 2020, 11:16:27 am »
To be honest, I'm not too worried about bugs or performance on PC. The bugs don't seem to be a huge issue was far as I can tell from the reviews I've seen. It seems it's rather the typical glitches that are present in every big RPG at the beginning. I've also not seen anything about performance, but then again they weren't allowed to do any benchmarks with the review-version. However, I do have pretty decent specs so not too worried. It could be different for last gen consoles though.

What's the deal with the different release times for consoles and PC? What's the reason for that?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #239 on: December 9, 2020, 12:47:27 pm »
Tom's Hardware got told to take down their review benchmarks after the review version seemed to be showing recommended specs were aimed at providing 30fps on PC. Whether DRM was responsible for that... Couple of the less stellar reviews point to the need for an extensive day one patch but if focus is on stability (as issues were there too) then there may still be a few showstoppers in it as well as the more cosmetic stuff we've come to know and love.