Author Topic: Football Index  (Read 22544 times)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Re: Football Index
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2019, 09:05:05 am »
Just had an email saying deposit and invest £20+ and you receive a cash reward of £50. No-brainer. Time to slowly get into this I think. Any recommendations?

EDIT: Whacked it on Minamino  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 09:32:26 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2019, 01:23:51 pm »
Just had an email saying deposit and invest £20+ and you receive a cash reward of £50. No-brainer. Time to slowly get into this I think. Any recommendations?

EDIT: Whacked it on Minamino  ;D

Is that a personal invite or a general thing offer thing mate?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2019, 01:31:05 pm »
Is that a personal invite or a general thing offer thing mate?

Looks like a general thing, although from looking at the terms and conditions, I'm not sure if the £50 would be withdrawable cash, or simply a free £50 to use on the game.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2019, 03:34:37 pm »
Looks like a general thing, although from looking at the terms and conditions, I'm not sure if the £50 would be withdrawable cash, or simply a free £50 to use on the game.

Withdrawable cash from what I've read.

My shares on Minamino have gone up £10 in value already so a profitable day! Figuring out when to cash out on this game is the tricky bit - I never cash out my standard bets - anyone got any advice on that?

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2019, 09:08:26 pm »
Withdrawable cash from what I've read.

My shares on Minamino have gone up £10 in value already so a profitable day! Figuring out when to cash out on this game is the tricky bit - I never cash out my standard bets - anyone got any advice on that?

Depends how big your bottle is mate - he'll likely continue to rise in price, but at some point he will crash. My advice would be to look at percentage gain rather than price, as that will help you know when to get out if you're not going to hold for the longer term.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2019, 10:24:16 am »
Depends how big your bottle is mate - he'll likely continue to rise in price, but at some point he will crash. My advice would be to look at percentage gain rather than price, as that will help you know when to get out if you're not going to hold for the longer term.

Cheers man.

They paid the £50 back into my account yesterday btw, so it's definitely cash return. If anyone hasn't signed up yet, DM me for a referral code and we both get a tenner. So you could basically get £40 in free money (plus whatever profit your investment makes) as deposit & invest £20 = £50 return + the £10.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2019, 08:24:40 pm »
I bought Minamino at 90p after our game against Salzburg. Unreal timing ;D.

Online rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2019, 07:56:40 am »
Question lads - I've just signed up for this, whats everyone's tactic? The obvious thing to me is to invest ni players like Curtis Jones and then wait a few years and then maybe play around with smaller amounts on the headline grabbers of today?

Also - I watch a lot of brazilian league and theres a few players who i think will get a move over to europe and obviously get a price bump but theyre not in the game, can you write a request into FI for stock in that player?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2019, 09:20:58 am »
Question lads - I've just signed up for this, whats everyone's tactic? The obvious thing to me is to invest ni players like Curtis Jones and then wait a few years and then maybe play around with smaller amounts on the headline grabbers of today?

Also - I watch a lot of brazilian league and theres a few players who i think will get a move over to europe and obviously get a price bump but theyre not in the game, can you write a request into FI for stock in that player?

- I usually look for players who's circumstances are going to change for the better soon, e.g. Alli underperforming for a manager who was inevitably leaving soon, soon as Poch left he shot up... If the player is somebody who can bring in some In play dividends for the month too then thats a no brainer.

- Try and avoid players who won't bring much in dividends, its easy to get caught up in the 'names', e.g. why is Robertson so much cheaper than Trent?!... Once you get an understanding of how the PB/MB matrix works, then its really down to your judgement.

If you use ref code '2892' when signing up and deposit £50, you'll get £100 to use to buy shares too... (Some xmas promo I was emailed about, I also get £40 so its a win/win)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 09:23:12 am by -Willo- »

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2019, 10:22:39 pm »

Problem this strategy is you’ve probably missed the boat with it and it could mean your money tied up for a long, long time. I did this with Brewster, topped up when he fell in price and now I’ve just got to wait it out on a three figure sum investment that’s down about -25% at the moment.

Probably better off looking for players out of form, that will regain form and will play in the Euros. These players are guaranteed to rise over the next few months. Look at players 6 months graphs as this will tell you if you’re going to make money.

As for all the South American wonder kids, I’d avoid them for now. If they IPO them they’re usually bought up by bots and sold off quickly so you don’t know the true market value of a player. I’d avoid the risk unless you’re pumping in thousands of £.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 1, 2020, 10:39:41 pm »
Finally having a go at this. Put £50 in to have a play. Spread it over a few players who I think will kick on.

Barbosa already turned a 10% increase in an hour

Can see it becoming a lot of fun

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 1, 2020, 10:34:38 am »
For anyone still a bit unsure... Now is the time to sign up to Football Index, 'super match points' have begun and are lasting 1 month. It is essentially free money.

DM me for more info if you're confused after reading it.

https://www.footballindex.co.uk

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2020, 12:02:46 pm »
Isn't there a limit on how much you can invest in a player? 

I don't really get it.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 1, 2020, 11:30:18 am »
Isn't there a limit on how much you can invest in a player? 

I don't really get it.

Limitless, just the price goes up per 'x' amount of shares, so if you invested in say Curtis Jones, by the time you've bought your 20,000 share he'd have risen maybe £1/£1.50.

So it'd just be artificial as you'd own a lot of the market share.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2020, 11:54:27 am »
8.25% on all money spent on the Index til 28th April for anyone bored with spare cash.

the 8.25% is deposited as cash in your account too and can be withdrawn.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2020, 12:46:00 pm »
Am now invested in this. Nice to see prices starting to rise which is good. Think the platform is going to only get bigger. Anyone else here recently taken the plunge? Currently at 14% profit after 6 weeks, so far so good.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2020, 10:01:03 pm »
Am now invested in this. Nice to see prices starting to rise which is good. Think the platform is going to only get bigger. Anyone else here recently taken the plunge? Currently at 14% profit after 6 weeks, so far so good.

Prices of the PL players will steadily start to increase now. Good time to get on and then sell before the season re-starts again.

I made a few bad investments so my port is pretty bad at the moment, still in profit but not where I wanted to be. I missed the bandwagon with Fernandes/Trent/Sancho. I will say I enjoy the platform, but the logic to the prices is beyond mad.

Offline BigAl24

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2020, 09:26:30 am »
Prices of the PL players will steadily start to increase now. Good time to get on and then sell before the season re-starts again.

I made a few bad investments so my port is pretty bad at the moment, still in profit but not where I wanted to be. I missed the bandwagon with Fernandes/Trent/Sancho. I will say I enjoy the platform, but the logic to the prices is beyond mad.

Totally agree. Some of the prices are bizarre. Young/english/Man United and price will be high. I invested in Mason Greenwood a little while ago and there's no way he should be a £6+ player at the moment!

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2020, 12:45:46 pm »
Totally agree. Some of the prices are bizarre. Young/english/Man United and price will be high. I invested in Mason Greenwood a little while ago and there's no way he should be a £6+ player at the moment!

It's certainly daft and I'm inclined to think the top end of the market is in a bit of a bubble at the moment after a lot of stagnation at the start of the 2019/2020 season. I think there is lots of value in the sub £2 players, so now would be a good time to invest imo. There is no way Football Index will want all the money pouring in to the top end of the market long term.

Offline BigAl24

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: July 3, 2020, 12:54:16 pm »
Just revisiting the last two comments, about 2 weeks later.

It's certainly daft and I'm inclined to think the top end of the market is in a bit of a bubble at the moment after a lot of stagnation at the start of the 2019/2020 season. I think there is lots of value in the sub £2 players, so now would be a good time to invest imo. There is no way Football Index will want all the money pouring in to the top end of the market long term.

Agree with this. I got on Marcus Edwards the other week (ex Spurs, currently in Portugal) and he is doing okay, quite reasonably priced too at ~£1.40.

Now almost £8. Just ridiculous.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2020, 09:01:26 pm »
I'm enjoying this again now after a few of my bigger holds have actually begun to rise again. I've sold a few players at a loss and refreshed my portfolio a little.

Now is a great time to get on to the platform - massive increase in dividends and the in-play dividends have been doubled as well. Just avoid the top players as you'll get burned on them!

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #141 on: September 8, 2020, 04:52:31 pm »
Just set my account up.  Looking forward to retiring at the end of the season.
2 pence up in 24 hours.  Its a start.
Taki @ £1.50 a share = bargain.  Big season for the Scouse Samurai this season
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 9, 2020, 12:53:54 am »
Just set my account up.  Looking forward to retiring at the end of the season.
2 pence up in 24 hours.  Its a start.
Taki @ £1.50 a share = bargain.  Big season for the Scouse Samurai this season

Are you using the matching engine to buy at below market price? Some bargains to be had. I've personally just re-jigged my portfolio, solid my biggest players on profit and bought a few players likely to earn dividends and topped up on others who are too low valued e.g. Salah and Grizemann.

I'm expecting the market to be a bit volitaile tomorrow but prices will increase all of tomorrow late afternoon.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2020, 12:53:30 pm »
So I put like a tenner in this a few months ago and bought a few Saint Maximins and then a load of cheap Clynes, Lallanas and Cedrics. That tenner has now turned into about a fiver  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 6, 2020, 04:54:16 pm »
Started with this earlier in the year and have added about 20 to 30 a month roughly. The market went downhill massively about a month or so ago when they added buy and sell bids (the prices are set by the users bidding now so things have taken a while to settle). Despite the recent massive drops i'm still in a profit for the money i've put in (around 10% down from 35% pre crash). The main thing I have taken from my time using it is definately not to invest too much too early so you can get a feel for the market and get a rough idea for decent prices for different players. I'm at a point now where I can spot value (recently purchased Robertson for 1.51 which was incredible value, got roughly 25% return in dividends alone during the 5x dividends window due to his goal v arsenal and other assist then sold for 1.91. Players like Chilwell were inflated for over £2 a share).

Ironically the market being in a bit of a crash has actually turned into a good time to buy, got some Pogba earlier today for 3.30 a share (currently worth 3.96 and peaked at 8 a share roughly during last season), Mane for 2.15 a share, Bernardo Silva for 1.15 a share and Dele Alli for 1.35 a share. There is currently a 8.25% bonus on net spend but as they have done this across two seperate windows that are back to back in October it looks like lots are selling now to get a big pot ready to spend in the second 8.25% net spend bonus window. I'd imagine this second window will see a big boost in purchases and therefore share prices. Like anything its a gamble but i'd suggest the following from my personal experience:

Stick to players you know and ideally watch, this actually makes the games more enjoyable when you watch them. I have Kane and Son shares so the recent 5 goals and 4 assists in 1 game for those two gave me some enjoyment during neutral games.

Stick to players under £2 a share. This minimises the risks for loses, my biggest loses have been for players like Haaland or Kane during the recent price drops as they have the furthest to fall.

Don't panic buy players that do well during the live games as tempting as it is. The deadline for in play dividends is 3pm I believe so early kick offs can be tempting when players do well. I purchases some Alonso during a Chelsea early kick off when he scored but then struggled to shift him afterwards. You can make a decent bit of money with this but you have to get lucky with timing as the prices can rise and fall very quickly with these quick flips. The only exception for this is if players get hatricks or have games that will almost guarantee they finish top player for match day dividends on gold match days. That can often return high percentage returns depending on the player.

You can get better value in other leagues. I watch a fair bit of the Bundesliga on BT so players like Werner, Havertz are great to target before they become popular. Currently I have shares for some younger players like Diaby, Leon Bailey, Coman that are all below 1.40 a share currently and peaked at over £2 a share last season.

Use the new Bid option for buying, you can buy for well under current value.

Never sell for a loss, you keep your players for 3 years so even if their price drops don't sell as it's pretty unlucky if you have picked their highest price within a 3 year period. My Son shares dropped drastically when he broke his arm earlier this year (another good time to buy) but sticking with him he ended up making me a decent profit.

You get a free tenner if you use a referal code so if anyone fancies a go here's mine 565946 will stick some of the bargains I find in here.

Current players I can see at good value

Bernardo Silva Value £1.59, bid price £1.06, highest price last season £2.46 (probably the craziest price i've seen for a while, picked some up at £1.15 which is super low for a player of his quality and age)

Dele Alli Value £1.92, bid price £1.26, highest price last season £3.28 (Out of favour but is young enough to get a move if things don't work out at spurs, got some shares at £1.35 and i'd expect him to hit at least £2 at some point in the next 3 seasons)

Leon Bailey value £1.47, bid price £1.11, highest price last season £2.17 (at his age he should hit at least £1.50 for a winger if he gets a move or run of games)

Moussa Diaby value £1.67, bid price £1.26, highest price last season £2.45 (again should easily reach £1.50 if not £2, think he could be Leverkusens next big sale if not Bailey)

Kingsley Coman value £1.61, bid price £1.23, highest price last season £2.53 (Likely to move on soon with Sane's and Costa's arrival, if he comes to the Prem Harvey Barnes is £1.88 a share so would get a Prem price boost)

Firmino value £1.60, bid price £1.22, highest price last season £2.15 (players start losing value in their late 20s with the 3 year time limit on shares but at £1.30ish for bid prices Bobby can easily get back up towards £2)

Sadio Mane value £2.74, bid price £2.07, highest price last season £3.22 (Mane should get back up over £3 at some point this season with a good run of games)

If anyone else has any decent players they can see stick them in here.

« Last Edit: October 6, 2020, 05:05:23 pm by WillG.LFC »

• Kopite
« Reply #145 on: October 7, 2020, 11:46:30 am »
Can't you only buy a certain amount of shares?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 7, 2020, 12:53:51 pm »
Can't you only buy a certain amount of shares?
it's limited to 300 at a time when buying/selling but I don't think there is an actual limit. I have shares in about 25 players with no more than like 20 shares of a singular player.

When the value of the player has fallen i have bought more of the same player at the new lower prices to bring down my average share price. Eventually I'd hope they will turn and start increasing so thats the point id look to sell. Having a sell price is definitely worth having, mine is roughly 20% so once a player hits that I look to move them on

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: October 7, 2020, 12:56:03 pm »
it's limited to 300 at a time when buying/selling but I don't think there is an actual limit. I have shares in about 25 players with no more than like 20 shares of a singular player.

When the value of the player has fallen i have bought more of the same player at the new lower prices to bring down my average share price. Eventually I'd hope they will turn and start increasing so thats the point id look to sell. Having a sell price is definitely worth having, mine is roughly 20% so once a player hits that I look to move them on

Thanks.

So you can buy 300 shares, then buy 300 more etc.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 7, 2020, 01:29:47 pm »
Yeah, double check but I'm pretty sure that limit is to slow a singular persons ability to dump all their shares in once quick instance. Sometimes I wonder if that would be a better tactic as someone like son or robertson for me returned very high profits and it was obvious their price was below their true value. More risk with that though naturally!

• Kopite
« Reply #149 on: October 7, 2020, 02:19:13 pm »
Yeah, double check but I'm pretty sure that limit is to slow a singular persons ability to dump all their shares in once quick instance. Sometimes I wonder if that would be a better tactic as someone like son or robertson for me returned very high profits and it was obvious their price was below their true value. More risk with that though naturally!

Yeah I would have thought they'd allow that.

• Kopite
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2021, 03:08:49 pm »
I still don't fully understand this.

Looked into doing it a few times, but some of it doesn't make sense.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 7, 2021, 03:01:33 am »
The market crashed and it looks like some people have been losing six figures. What a shitshow. Hope no one here was badly affected.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #152 on: March 7, 2021, 11:30:03 pm »
Football Index have essentially slashed the odds of placed bets (player dividend yields in this case) by 80%/90% which has caused the market to crash. It's a remarkable situation to put it lightly. Football Index have been posting job adverts saying they're in a very strong financial position and then made an announcement on the Friday just gone to say that they need to slash the dividends on offer in order to save the business. Really incredible stuff. I've taken a hit but fortunately nothing I was relying on.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 8, 2021, 12:42:17 am »
The market crashed and it looks like some people have been losing six figures. What a shitshow. Hope no one here was badly affected.

I put about £1200 in in 2019 and while I've played about with my portfolio, I have not added a significant amount of money for a long time. My portfoio crashed with covid and I lost confidence with the product. It was fun, but I was not willing to put anymore money in. What FI have done is absolutely criminal, they've lured people in to thinking they were doing well financially (when they weren't) and have crashed the market and if the rumours are lef to be true, are buying the bottom end of the market back up. While I'm pissed my £1200 is worthless, I knew the risks and am OK with it, some people have got £30000 invested and were fully duped. It's fine for FI to cut the dividends if they are struggling, but the way they have done it is calculated and criminal.