Author Topic: The Last of Us.... Part II  (Read 23460 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: The Last of Us.... Part II
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2020, 02:15:00 pm »
Seems like this is going to be the videogame equivalent of Requiem for a Dream

Since it seems clear you won’t be buying or playing it, would it be terribly rude to suggest you don’t comment any further on it at the risk of spoiling it any further for those of us who do plan on getting it and playing it? :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2020, 03:06:10 pm »
Since it seems clear you won’t be buying or playing it, would it be terribly rude to suggest you don’t comment any further on it at the risk of spoiling it any further for those of us who do plan on getting it and playing it? :)
Nah I think I will get it actually, my worry was just that it might not perform as well on base PS4 but Digital Foundry have tested it and it's actually more solid that the Pro, with the tradeoff just being at 1080p vs 1440p (Spoiler-free):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hx2PPwBYoQ
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2020, 08:14:09 pm »
I'm not surprised this game got such high reviews but I always wait to play something myself I really don't take stock of video game reviews to much, some of my favourite games have 60-70% on Metacritic and others that have near 100% that I'm not particularly fond of too much.

I'm assuming as a game it's probably nothing special, like the first one, and it's all about the story. I'll probably watch it on youtube rather than pay for it.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2020, 12:40:08 am »
I'm assuming as a game it's probably nothing special, like the first one, and it's all about the story. I'll probably watch it on youtube rather than pay for it.
Yeah I do agree the 1st one was a great game movie but was not particularly a thrill to play with amazing level design or anything. I was enthralled by the story but did feel it dragging near the end. The fact this one is going be 10 hours longer just seems too much for me but will be good to watch the movie cutscene version on youtube.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 12:45:39 am by kloppagetime »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2020, 09:49:05 am »
Games don't end up with 95/96 average review scores because they have a good story.

It's perfectly fine to not like gameplay of something but your making out it doesn't have mechanics people can enjoy. The first game has stealth elements, it has crafting, the fact you get a choice wether to engage 90 percent of battles or not was refreshing, theres various ways to take down enemies, they have different strength's and weaknesses, it has horror moments like the basement which you can't replicate the feeling of being unnerved by when you watch a YouTube video as opposed to playing the game and the general atmosphere in more tense areas is also something to be experienced as your play.

People might not enjoy those things but I did and many others did.

What interests me is other people who aren't interested in the game (or maybe they are but just being purposely negative) seem insistent on playing the game down, they seem more interested in telling people what's wrong with it :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 09:58:39 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2020, 11:28:06 am »
I wouldn't say I enjoyed playing through the first game but I always felt that was the intention. To keep you on your toes, have you make awful choices just to survive and to breathe a sigh of relief after every encounter with a hostile. Mission accomplished.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2020, 12:48:01 pm »
I’m not referring to people in this thread but the internet as a whole. It’s amazing how so many people get genuinely offended that this game is getting good reviews. I get it, a large number of gamers think that the first game is overrated. Fair enough. But why do they give a shit about reviews for TLOU2? If you didn’t like the first one, you probably won’t like the second one. Move on.

I was blown away by the first game. Will buy TLOU 2 and hope that it’s just as good or better. That’s it.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2020, 01:28:29 pm »
Started the first game in preparation for the new one.

First time I’ve played it since the PS3 and forgot how bleak it was. It’s proper boss though.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 01:30:07 pm by AndyMuller »

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2020, 02:01:42 pm »
I’m not referring to people in this thread but the internet as a whole. It’s amazing how so many people get genuinely offended that this game is getting good reviews. I get it, a large number of gamers think that the first game is overrated. Fair enough. But why do they give a shit about reviews for TLOU2? If you didn’t like the first one, you probably won’t like the second one. Move on.

I was blown away by the first game. Will buy TLOU 2 and hope that it’s just as good or better. That’s it.
It's a toxic vocal minority online who read the spoilers and were utterly convinced this game would bomb with a wider audience and now that it looks like it won't they're just desperate to be vindicated.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2020, 06:48:36 pm »
Games don't end up with 95/96 average review scores because they have a good story.

It's perfectly fine to not like gameplay of something but your making out it doesn't have mechanics people can enjoy. The first game has stealth elements, it has crafting, the fact you get a choice wether to engage 90 percent of battles or not was refreshing, theres various ways to take down enemies, they have different strength's and weaknesses, it has horror moments like the basement which you can't replicate the feeling of being unnerved by when you watch a YouTube video as opposed to playing the game and the general atmosphere in more tense areas is also something to be experienced as your play.

People might not enjoy those things but I did and many others did.

What interests me is other people who aren't interested in the game (or maybe they are but just being purposely negative) seem insistent on playing the game down, they seem more interested in telling people what's wrong with it :D

It was clunky and felt very loose compared to the true top-tier stealth and 3rd person games. I think it's a solid 8/10 like peak Ass Creed or Horizon Zero Dawn. What elevated it was the story. When you have people seriously comparing TLOU2 to Schindler's List (!), it's kinda hard to take their opinion seriously on such trivial matters as whether it's fun to play or does the basics right.

To some extent all reviews are subjective, and that's fine, but I've tried playing TLOU two or three times and it's just a looser Uncharted 3 with wobbly stealth mechanics.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2020, 07:44:35 pm »
It was clunky and felt very loose compared to the true top-tier stealth and 3rd person games. I think it's a solid 8/10 like peak Ass Creed or Horizon Zero Dawn. What elevated it was the story. When you have people seriously comparing TLOU2 to Schindler's List (!), it's kinda hard to take their opinion seriously on such trivial matters as whether it's fun to play or does the basics right.

To some extent all reviews are subjective, and that's fine, but I've tried playing TLOU two or three times and it's just a looser Uncharted 3 with wobbly stealth mechanics.
How in gods name did that get 10's everywhere. I really can't take video game reviews good or bad serious especially Ign they hand out perfect scores for fun  ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 07:48:52 pm by kloppagetime »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2020, 08:39:27 pm »
How in gods name did that get 10's everywhere. I really can't take video game reviews good or bad serious especially Ign they hand out perfect scores for fun  ;D

That IGN thing is just a meme, according to Metacritic they review lower than over publications on average (-3.5%).

They've only given out like 16 perfect scores since 1996 too.
:D

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2020, 11:23:55 pm »
The first Last of Us is up there with my favourite games ever. I'm a very, very casual gamer but it was a great good with a fantastic story and well ironed out characters.

I am super exicted for Part II. My problem is there are so many fanboys out there who loved the first game so much, have seen the spoilers (which I have not) and a cherry picking all the bad parts about the reviews. Take for example a recent Forbes interview where the guy shows the opinion of about 4 reviewers who have said they didn't enjoy the game due to the violence and laughable story, yet 30-40 other reviewers say Part II enhances the games story.

There are just way too many people who have decided they don't like the game already. I know there are going to be some controversial moments, but most people say they all pay off.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2020, 11:56:00 pm »
Jesus h Christ.

It's a fucking GAME.

I am looking forward to shooting things, monsters, bad guys, dogs ( I love dogs in REAL LIFE  - but if they are gonna betray my location in a fictional world they ARE GOING to DIE)

Also looking forward to hiding and dying; wondering about what to upgrade, running out of ammo etc for around 30 odd hours. With a bit of a story. Hopefully full on the ROAD part TWO :)   

Then I am selling my copy to CEX if any are open and buying ghost of tsushima which looks great... 
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2020, 12:17:55 am »
I'm really looking forward to watching a playthrough.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2020, 10:24:13 am »
Dunno whether to get this or wait on it to go down in price.  I'm worried I'll get it spoiled if I wait.

I missed PS3 (went 360) and only got my PS4 18 months ago (went Xbox One) and have been playing through the exclusives (the many, many exclusives...  I made the wrong choice in 2013...).  I'm on TLOU Remastered now.  It's great.  I believe I'm on the 2nd last chapter* so will be able to finish it this week - just a question of whether I wait or not (I'm all-in on PS5 so don't know if it'd be noticeably better to play on there, if I wait).

I think it would be tough to finish this then pick up the sequel right away.  Would need to play something lighter (I have Horizon: Zero Dawn downloaded and assume it might be cheerier.  Also have Days Gone but that certainly doesn't look like a bundle of joy either.)

Spoiler
Just saw the giraffes!
[close]

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2020, 09:02:16 pm »
Interesting article about how the game has been reviewed so far

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2020/06/14/two-warnings-about-the-last-of-us-part-2-review-scores/

So the embargo prevented the 2nd half of the game (including the beginning and ending of the game) being discussed at all.

Even the bits that were touched upon mention the game being 'Relentlessly Bleak'

Character choices and plot holes were so bad throughout that at times he would laugh out loud.

The game is 25 hours long and one section feels like a 10-hour side-quest. He says he would not have finished it had he not been reviewing.

There are improvements to graphics, combat and exploration but enemy AI is still very bad.

The story is relentlessly bleak, there are no likable characters and no comic relief and everything you liked about the characters in the first game is gone.

There are very few interesting scripted/cinematic scenes and the game is far too long and boring.

On the plus side, it has the best difficulty settings fine-tuning ever and looks gorgeous

“Over the game’s 20-hour runtime, I often found myself wanting to quit because the violence became unbearable. I didn’t want to bash that lunging dog with a hammer or slice at that defenseless woman with a knife. I certainly didn’t want to watch a religious zealot’s head explode into a grisly cloud because of my well-placed shotgun blast. There are scenes so upsetting that they didn’t just make me uncomfortable; they made me question why I was playing this game at all.”

So not exactly an escape from the world we're in right now kind of game :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 09:32:24 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2020, 09:06:48 pm »
Really looking forward to playing a tense, depressing game about an infection that's changed the world...

Er... that seems sarky  ;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2020, 09:31:43 pm »
I'll balance out the bleakness with a bit of an uplifiting story about the game and its seemingly unprecedented accessibility options for any video game ever made

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/06/hands_on_the_last_of_us_2_may_be_the_most_accessible_action_game_ever_made

A blind gamers reation to being able to play

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/06/blind_gamer_reacts_to_the_last_of_us_2s_unprecedented_accessibility_options

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2020, 09:54:26 pm »
Interesting article about how the game has been reviewed so far

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2020/06/14/two-warnings-about-the-last-of-us-part-2-review-scores/

So the embargo prevented the 2nd half of the game (including the beginning and ending of the game) being discussed at all.

Even the bits that were touched upon mention the game being 'Relentlessly Bleak'

Character choices and plot holes were so bad throughout that at times he would laugh out loud.

The game is 25 hours long and one section feels like a 10-hour side-quest. He says he would not have finished it had he not been reviewing.

There are improvements to graphics, combat and exploration but enemy AI is still very bad.

The story is relentlessly bleak, there are no likable characters and no comic relief and everything you liked about the characters in the first game is gone.

There are very few interesting scripted/cinematic scenes and the game is far too long and boring.

On the plus side, it has the best difficulty settings fine-tuning ever and looks gorgeous

“Over the game’s 20-hour runtime, I often found myself wanting to quit because the violence became unbearable. I didn’t want to bash that lunging dog with a hammer or slice at that defenseless woman with a knife. I certainly didn’t want to watch a religious zealot’s head explode into a grisly cloud because of my well-placed shotgun blast. There are scenes so upsetting that they didn’t just make me uncomfortable; they made me question why I was playing this game at all.”

So not exactly an escape from the world we're in right now kind of game :P

The thing is, there have been tens of reviews and the guy from Forbes chooses to relay all the negative stuff from one reviewer. No game is perfect, but you can't write a balanced article, it's a load of horeshite. I'm fairly positive if reviewers were peeved with the game despite some of the embargo they would have said it's 5*, but actually it's only 3* when we can talk all about the game.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2020, 12:08:16 am »
Forbes? Fuck sake, as soon as I saw that, i didn't even bother. They're a bunch of petty, low grade, click-baiting c*nts. I don't think I've ever seen a single Forbes article that wasn't contrarian, or shit-stirring nonsense. They've zero credibility.

As for how this game is reviewing, well, it's the usual fair. 10's, 9's up the hole. Why? it's a high profile game. It's standard in the gaming industry, which is why I've fucked review scores off a long, long time ago. I just don't care about gaming journalism in general these days. It's shit. They're all in someone's pocket. TLOU is probably the most overrated game ever made, though. Not saying it's a bad game. It's actually a really good one. It's just that the gaming press painted it as this kind of genre-defining, ground-breaking title. It wasn't. It was just a fairly well made, narrative driven game. I've played it twice. Most recently a few weeks ago, and still found it enjoyable the second time around. This sequel will no doubt be as good as it. probably better, but I've already read articles in the gaming press describing it as "revolutionary". Yeah. Sorry, but stop talking bollocks.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2020, 05:50:37 am »
As for how this game is reviewing, well, it's the usual fair. 10's, 9's up the hole. Why? it's a high profile game. It's standard in the gaming industry, which is why I've fucked review scores off a long, long time ago. I just don't care about gaming journalism in general these days. It's shit. They're all in someone's pocket. TLOU is probably the most overrated game ever made, though. Not saying it's a bad game. It's actually a really good one. It's just that the gaming press painted it as this kind of genre-defining, ground-breaking title. It wasn't. It was just a fairly well made, narrative driven game. I've played it twice. Most recently a few weeks ago, and still found it enjoyable the second time around. This sequel will no doubt be as good as it. probably better, but I've already read articles in the gaming press describing it as "revolutionary". Yeah. Sorry, but stop talking bollocks.

TLOU was an extremely polished game and in the opinion of many people who played it, was unmatched as a narrative experience. That has nothing to do with the press, who indeed will overrate anything with enough hype. GTA4 I'm looking at you.

It's not the narrative experience you're going to get with the fantastic Half Life: Alyx or The Stanley Parable which utilise the medium of being a 'game' much more so than TLOU. It's more of a 'cinematic' experience, that's fine - arguably you could complete the game using a single button and wouldn't lose much. It's still in my top 5 of all time and I'm not remotely alone in that opinion.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2020, 11:28:37 am »
TLOU was an extremely polished game and in the opinion of many people who played it, was unmatched as a narrative experience. That has nothing to do with the press, who indeed will overrate anything with enough hype. GTA4 I'm looking at you.

It's not the narrative experience you're going to get with the fantastic Half Life: Alyx or The Stanley Parable which utilise the medium of being a 'game' much more so than TLOU. It's more of a 'cinematic' experience, that's fine - arguably you could complete the game using a single button and wouldn't lose much. It's still in my top 5 of all time and I'm not remotely alone in that opinion.

Absolutely agree with you. Like you mentioned, it's more of a cinematic experience with a beauty and bleakness in the story telling. I felt emotionally attached to both Ellie and Joel and felt everything they were going through, I was so relieved when Joel made that decision at the end of the first game and I guess that testament to the great character building throughout the game.

I rank it up there with Super Mario World as my favourite games of all time.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2020, 06:25:14 pm »
That's what I'm saying, though. It's a fantastic game within it's own niche or genre. The gaming media, saying shit like "The Citizen Kane of gaming" or whatever. Like, what does that even mean? For me, though, story driven games were already amazing nearly 25 years ago when Squaresoft were making games like Secret of Mana and then FF7. Other RPG's like the Mass Effect trilogy already hit the high watermark for what was possible in terms of character driven narratives in a computer game, and I still believe they're still up there, with the likes of TLoU sitting beneath. The big thing for TLoU (and indeed most recent ND games) is the world building, and the environmental details. They're right at the top when it comes to that stuff, and it's what makes their games stand out. Their environmental artists should be getting all the credit.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2020, 06:54:11 pm »
That's what I'm saying, though. It's a fantastic game within it's own niche or genre. The gaming media, saying shit like "The Citizen Kane of gaming" or whatever. Like, what does that even mean? For me, though, story driven games were already amazing nearly 25 years ago when Squaresoft were making games like Secret of Mana and then FF7. Other RPG's like the Mass Effect trilogy already hit the high watermark for what was possible in terms of character driven narratives in a computer game, and I still believe they're still up there, with the likes of TLoU sitting beneath. The big thing for TLoU (and indeed most recent ND games) is the world building, and the environmental details. They're right at the top when it comes to that stuff, and it's what makes their games stand out. Their environmental artists should be getting all the credit.

Game reviewers are a massively pretentious bunch, I don't know what the comparisons are for Citizen Kane but they can't make any sense. That was Edge wasn't it?

I think in addition to the world building and environmental details, Naughty Dog really nailed motion cap and the acting side of things - especially on TLOU. The combination of these makes the game feel extremely grounded and real compared to anything else, and that really is their niche. Though it's worth saying that LA Noire probably pioneered better tech for facial mo-cap at the time, shame the game was a bit dull for my tastes.

In terms of narrative stories there are plenty of RPGs that probably sit above on the whole, I'd put FF9 and The Witcher 3 up there myself despite the fact they're more character driven - you still feel the story is your own rather than Joel's or Ellie's.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2020, 09:34:07 pm »
Game reviewers are a massively pretentious bunch, I don't know what the comparisons are for Citizen Kane but they can't make any sense. That was Edge wasn't it?

I think in addition to the world building and environmental details, Naughty Dog really nailed motion cap and the acting side of things - especially on TLOU. The combination of these makes the game feel extremely grounded and real compared to anything else, and that really is their niche. Though it's worth saying that LA Noire probably pioneered better tech for facial mo-cap at the time, shame the game was a bit dull for my tastes.

In terms of narrative stories there are plenty of RPGs that probably sit above on the whole, I'd put FF9 and The Witcher 3 up there myself despite the fact they're more character driven - you still feel the story is your own rather than Joel's or Ellie's.
Can't remember who it was, but it was a big quoted thing at the time from a major publisher. Might have been IGN.

And, yeah, I forgot about the transitions of their animations, which I was really impressed with in Uncharted 4, especially that last fight on the ship. That was really well done. I think U4 surpassed TLoU overall, both as a game, and in terms of the developers overall capability. Unsurprising, though, given it was a generation apart, so it makes me want to play TLoU 2 just to see how they've progressed. I don't know what it is, though. I just can't get really excited for it. I'm more looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2020, 10:08:31 pm »
And so it begins...

https://www.glitched.online/australian-retailer-replaces-the-last-of-us-part-ii-logo-with-a-very-angry-lesbian/

Read the comments a bit down the page. It's a fucking videogame. A piece of entertainment. It's pure irony that these c*nts do nothing but gurn and moan, whilst professing and claiming left wing outrage culture is their reason, yet no one is really doing the crying but themselves. Ellie's sexual preference, a fictional character, really has put their noses out of joint. It's fucking bizarre.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2020, 11:10:30 pm »
I don't know why people are surprised about angry moaning gamers when people who identify as "gamers" probably represent a fairly reasonably chunk of the population of "incels".

Unfortunately a lot of fairly terrible people play games, and they're pretty vocal because they feel marginalised from other spheres.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2020, 12:17:03 am »
I don't know why people are surprised about angry moaning gamers when people who identify as "gamers" probably represent a fairly reasonably chunk of the population of "incels".

Unfortunately a lot of fairly terrible people play games, and they're pretty vocal because they feel marginalised from other spheres.
It's been a growing trend (for want of a better word) over the past few years, though. Gee, I wonder why? I mean, I don't ever recall this kind of absolute nonsense 10 years ago or more. People generally didn't give a fuck. This shit is seeping into everything, and it's literally everywhere. I might be old and shit, but I remember a time when all people used to moan and argue about was which console had better graphics, or the better "handset".

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2020, 07:10:02 am »
And so it begins...

https://www.glitched.online/australian-retailer-replaces-the-last-of-us-part-ii-logo-with-a-very-angry-lesbian/

Read the comments a bit down the page. It's a fucking videogame. A piece of entertainment. It's pure irony that these c*nts do nothing but gurn and moan, whilst professing and claiming left wing outrage culture is their reason, yet no one is really doing the crying but themselves. Ellie's sexual preference, a fictional character, really has put their noses out of joint. It's fucking bizarre.

They've got problems. I remember digging out a study years ago suggesting right-wing views arise in people with less compassion and less intelligence. Sometimes you think you don't need a study for something so obvious.  ;)

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2020, 10:17:38 am »
And so it begins...

Thats a better logo for this far left carpetMunching propaganda. Disgusting how soyny censors anime games but allows this garbage

:lmao :lmao

I hate the world right now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2020, 10:19:03 am »
Soyny ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2020, 11:45:44 am »
It's been a growing trend (for want of a better word) over the past few years, though. Gee, I wonder why? I mean, I don't ever recall this kind of absolute nonsense 10 years ago or more. People generally didn't give a fuck. This shit is seeping into everything, and it's literally everywhere. I might be old and shit, but I remember a time when all people used to moan and argue about was which console had better graphics, or the better "handset".

I miss a good console war, petty as you like but good fun. I can't bemoan it because not everyone has the luxury of a football team to follow ;D

Everything has to be politics and hate nowadays, it's no fun. The majority of the world actually doesn't give a shit either way, regardless of being left wing or right. But people online will fucking scream and rant until they're heard, they're the 'loudest' because they're the only ones who can be arsed to spend their time crying about how angry they are rather than getting on with their lives.

It's boring now, fuck off.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2020, 01:36:12 pm »
All started with that gamergate nonsense, still not sure what that was all about. Loud morons on both sides shouting at each other on twitter its easy enough to avoid thank fuck.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2020, 02:24:29 pm »

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2020, 03:26:56 pm »
Why have so many fans of the Last Of Us bothered to read and watch the spoilers? Makes no sense to me.

Don't go on the LastOfUs2 subreddit by the way, it's just a war ground with lots of spoilers and political shit.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2020, 04:21:25 pm »

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2020, 05:14:44 pm »
I miss a good console war, petty as you like but good fun. I can't bemoan it because not everyone has the luxury of a football team to follow ;D

Everything has to be politics and hate nowadays, it's no fun. The majority of the world actually doesn't give a shit either way, regardless of being left wing or right. But people online will fucking scream and rant until they're heard, they're the 'loudest' because they're the only ones who can be arsed to spend their time crying about how angry they are rather than getting on with their lives.

It's boring now, fuck off.
Aye, I mean, how the fuck do you correlate a video game that's a violent, science fiction dystopian apocalypse caused by a fungus that turns people into mushroom zombie people to "anti-white sjw feminist propaganda"? Anti-white?! What? How?! Where? I mean, mind fucking blown at that. These people are seriously mentally ill.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2020, 07:17:49 pm »
Who gives a fuck honestly; the vast, vast majority of people interested in TLOU will play it and love it if the reviews are anything to go by. People give too much attention to these alt-right weirdos.

I'm playing through the remaster of the first game now as it was only £8 on the PS store and it's still a fantastic game, holds up really well. There's so much of it I've forgotten too.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2020, 08:49:24 pm »
Just put my order in off Amazon.

Bring on the depression!