Author Topic: Rawk cyclists ride - not 16 July 2016 anymore - CANCELLED  (Read 12011 times)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rawk cyclists ride - not 16 July 2016 anymore - CANCELLED
« on: December 6, 2015, 10:00:20 pm »
We're trying to organise a Rawk cyclists ride for Saturday 16 July 2016. The route will start near Liverpool and take in a bit of North Wales, before going back after about 100 miles. It's planned by mile muncher Dave, so you know what to expect....

If you're up for that, reply in here please!

Also any ideas, route suggestions, excuses for not turning up, in here.... :wave

I'll keep a list of everybody who's said they're there in the OP, so you can't say you never signed up ;D

AA1122
archie
BCCC +1?
Billy 1561
blert596
dave 5516
Jay797 (maybe)
Jimmy Conway
monkeyharris
PeterJM (maybe)
redbyrdz
SamAteTheRedAcid
The 92a
« Last Edit: July 4, 2016, 11:55:07 am by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: Rawk cyclists ride - 16 July 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 6, 2015, 10:09:07 pm »
That route was just an indicator of what I'd suggest is doable for everyone.

Y'all can come to a consensus as to the whereabouts and how far and I'll recce and map out that route.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 6, 2015, 10:19:10 pm »
Think it might be good to have an optional part of the route - we could all set out together, then leave some people in a pub/cafe somewhere, before picking them back up and finishing the ride together.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline NotAsBigDanno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 6, 2015, 10:24:07 pm »
I'm not going to be able to make it I don't think but I will confirm nearer the time  :(

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4 on: December 6, 2015, 10:27:17 pm »
Think it might be good to have an optional part of the route - we could all set out together, then leave some people in a pub/cafe somewhere, before picking them back up and finishing the ride together.
I think a route that all can do would be better..it's a social ride...not a test of one's resolve.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2015, 10:36:57 pm »
I think a route that all can do would be better..it's a social ride...not a test of one's resolve.
Would be much nicer, but it might be difficult to find something for everybody. Maybe lets see who's up for it and decide then.

I didn't want to make the route question too open, to give some sort of direction. But obviously its negotiable.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #6 on: December 6, 2015, 10:43:26 pm »
In.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #8 on: December 6, 2015, 10:48:35 pm »
Would be much nicer, but it might be difficult to find something for everybody. Maybe lets see who's up for it and decide then.

I didn't want to make the route question too open, to give some sort of direction. But obviously its negotiable.
I went out and mapped out a route that was doable by all last time..I can do the same again...We can do East Cheshire through the lanes.....Wales via the Cheshire Plains...there's loads of options that we can all do together.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #9 on: December 7, 2015, 06:47:36 am »
I went out and mapped out a route that was doable by all last time..I can do the same again...We can do East Cheshire through the lanes.....Wales via the Cheshire Plains...there's loads of options that we can all do together.

That's the route we should be looking at imo the original rawk route. Nothing too hilly and 80 miles if you start from Chester. Over hundred if you ride there and back. Same as last time anyone who wants to extend it can head out again on Sunday.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 7, 2015, 09:05:13 am »
That's the route we should be looking at imo the original rawk route. Nothing too hilly and 80 miles if you start from Chester. Over hundred if you ride there and back. Same as last time anyone who wants to extend it can head out again on Sunday.
Yeah but you know it already...

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #11 on: December 7, 2015, 10:55:56 am »
I might be up for this but it's right in the middle of my triathlon season.
If I'm free that weekend & not got a race the following weekend I can't see why I wouldn't be able to do this!  👍
Would there be anywhere where I Park my van up for the night if I do?  :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #12 on: December 7, 2015, 11:03:24 am »
Is a neutral service car required? ;D :wave

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 7, 2015, 11:48:57 am »
I'm alright with that  ;D seriously it's one of the better routes too.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #14 on: December 7, 2015, 12:15:47 pm »
Is a neutral service car required? ;D :wave
Come with,Rob...be a good laugh and it won't be a difficult route to do.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #15 on: December 7, 2015, 12:17:05 pm »
Nice day for a wee dabble...so I am. 8)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #16 on: December 7, 2015, 12:17:55 pm »
Go ride it and you will too.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #17 on: December 7, 2015, 12:37:33 pm »
I'm in health permitting. :wave

Has dave sorted the dress code out yet ;D
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 7, 2015, 12:54:43 pm »
Come with,Rob...be a good laugh and it won't be a difficult route to do.
Ha! I don't even own a bike! ::)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #19 on: December 7, 2015, 12:59:08 pm »
Ha! I don't even own a bike! ::)
Buy one then-not like you're living in penury is it. Got till July to learn how to ride it as well...has your work got a bike scheme?

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 7, 2015, 01:03:29 pm »
Buy one then-not like you're living in penury is it. Got till July to learn how to ride it as well...has your work got a bike scheme?
Depending how tall he is I could lend him one. Plenty in hear with spare bikes. You've got about 4 ain't you?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 7, 2015, 01:08:02 pm »
Spent over £2k on tech in the last fortnight buddy, fucking no chance I'm splurging on a bike even if we do have a bi-cycling scheme in work!

Oh and I can ride a bike already you cheeky bert ;D ;D ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #22 on: December 7, 2015, 01:15:59 pm »
Depending how tall he is I could lend him one. Plenty in hear with spare bikes. You've got about 4 ain't you?
Hell no....I love my bikes way too much. ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #23 on: December 7, 2015, 01:18:37 pm »
Spent over £2k on tech in the last fortnight buddy, fucking no chance I'm splurging on a bike even if we do have a bi-cycling scheme in work!

There's a big difference between peddling a bike and being able to ride a bike.

I'm thinking I need a new 4K telly....it's Xmas soon. ;D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 7, 2015, 01:23:45 pm »

Do it fella, you can get a decent bike for a 'paltry' monthly payment on those schemes.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 7, 2015, 01:25:20 pm »
Indeed. New 4k TV (65", mine's bigger tha yours ;D ;D ;D ;D) and a new super duper graphics card for my PC. Like a pig in shit.

TV arrives tmw.....

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 7, 2015, 01:49:44 pm »
I got told to make thread so it wouldn't get flooded with other stuff. Now people talk about their new tvs! Get a bike, or get out! ;D :wave

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 7, 2015, 01:52:51 pm »
If I wasn't doing the 100K Gurka/Oxfam trailwalker a week later, I'd be up for this, as I could always nip back to me mum's if I couldn't keep up.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 7, 2015, 01:53:16 pm »
Do it fella, you can get a decent bike for a 'paltry' monthly payment on those schemes.
Didn't pm you about the ride cos i thought you've been converted into a runner... but obviously, if you're about, feel free to bring a bike and join us! :wave

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 7, 2015, 01:59:14 pm »
Didn't pm you about the ride cos i thought you've been converted into a runner... but obviously, if you're about, feel free to bring a bike and join us! :wave

See my post above.  ;)

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 7, 2015, 02:12:31 pm »
See my post above.  ;)
Yeah, saw it, was posting at the same time... c'mon, a bit of crosstraining in your taper week :P ;)

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 7, 2015, 03:00:53 pm »
Yeah, saw it, was posting at the same time... c'mon, a bit of crosstraining in your taper week :P ;)

Oooff, don't tempt me.  I'm getting hooked on seeing how far I can push myself! 

If I'm living back up north by then, I'll definitely try to make part of the journey. I've hardly got chance to go out on my bike as running has taken over my spare time!  I'll be commuting when the weather gets better though.

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 7, 2015, 03:44:54 pm »
Hell no....I love my bikes way too much. ;D
;D
The very answer I expected

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 7, 2015, 04:15:29 pm »
I got told to make thread so it wouldn't get flooded with other stuff. Now people talk about their new tvs! Get a bike, or get out! ;D :wave

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #34 on: December 7, 2015, 05:17:28 pm »

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35 on: December 7, 2015, 05:22:17 pm »
There's a big difference between peddling a bike and being able to ride a bike.

That's what she said. ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 7, 2015, 08:51:07 pm »
I might be up for this but it's right in the middle of my triathlon season.
If I'm free that weekend & not got a race the following weekend I can't see why I wouldn't be able to do this!  👍
Would there be anywhere where I Park my van up for the night if I do?  :wave
Don't know yet where we'll start...

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 7, 2015, 08:51:36 pm »
That's what she said. ;D
You got a bike, Max? ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 7, 2015, 08:57:38 pm »
This is the original route.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/412092242

This is a longer version of it.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/936675675

Looks nice. Last time I went that way I couldn't be arsed with all the little lanes and just stayed on the A roads... ;D

Happy re-using the old one, if it's less hassle and those who know it are happy with it?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #39 on: December 7, 2015, 09:56:44 pm »
You got a bike, Max? ;D
You fuckin high..is it not enough in here...FFS!!