Author Topic: Homeland - now finished in the States - here be spoilers  (Read 122295 times)

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
Re: Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #40 on: October 8, 2012, 08:25:56 pm »
I have to say that I wasn't as taken with the first season as the vast majority on here who were going wild for it, though I do think it's generally very good and I really want to like it, but I seem to be fighting it at times for some reason. There are little things throughout that constantly appear that really irritate and frustrate me.

There were a couple of posts in the old thread about the season 1 finale which I agreed with, basically stating that it was the best episode of the lot for me, but still very much an anticlimax and could've been so much better if the alternative had actually happened (and cliches weren't thrown in all over the place).

Anyway, having said all that - and the point of this background info - I just watched episode 2 of season 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it, thought it was the best episode for quite a while. That was before the very end too, which is OH MY GOD stakes. Really loved that. It's going places now...
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 8, 2012, 10:31:14 pm »
Just watched Episode 1 Season 2. Excellent. Hour odd flies by watching this.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #42 on: October 8, 2012, 10:55:40 pm »
Have to agree that it was by far the best episode, even before the ending. Unbelievably tense at times!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #43 on: October 9, 2012, 12:31:57 am »
What a fucking great episode was that.
Spoiler
It had everything,didn't it?Suspense,action and that magnificent scene right at the end which sets things in motion now.Also another episode where the pace is really quick and what a welcome change from last year which was understandable of course.Brody will be in deep shit now and it will at least mean the surveillance is back on him and certainly Carrie will be reinstated in CIA.
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #44 on: October 9, 2012, 02:27:26 am »
Spoiler
very enjoyable episode, and the ending raises the stakes somewhat.  very brave to have that reveal so soon.  i have no idea how they're going to fill the remaining ten (?) episodes.

nobody does breakdowns as well as claire danes.  and it was a marvellous bit of silent acting from lewis (whose accent slipped A LOT in this episode btw) when in the war room and informed the target was abu nazir.  it looks like he thought about letting the op proceed, get him and his family off the hook forever, before changing his mind.

saul uses media player classic...

the standard idiotic lack of research shone through in places, but overall, very absorbing.  i love the idea of people asking questions about what happened all over the place.  conspiracy theorists given a good name for once...

[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #45 on: October 9, 2012, 02:47:16 am »
Fucking Wow!

Episode 3 should be good.
This sentence is not provable

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #46 on: October 9, 2012, 08:22:02 am »
Brilliant ending, although I wish I hadn't watched the "next week on Homeland". Things are moving a lot more quickly than I expected.

Spoiler
I cheered when Carrie hit that guy with the brick and escaped, go Carrie!
[close]
« Last Edit: October 9, 2012, 09:51:56 am by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 9, 2012, 10:19:49 am »
Here is a link explaining episode 2 [CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT] BE WARNED

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Homeland-Brody-Video-Alex-Gansa-1054318.aspx

Spoiler

So the comments on that article are interesting as it is known to the world that Brody kills someone next episode but someone pointed out it can't be Saul. Saul is scheduled to play out the whole season. Shedding light on to whom it may be? The Marine buddy who keeps asking for details on Walker?

Interesting ploy as we will find out what Saul will do with the tape as well said the co-creator
[close]

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #48 on: October 9, 2012, 02:05:59 pm »
They're not messing around with Season 2 are they?! Bloody hell! 2nd episode was one of the best they've done & I cant wait for next weeks already.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 9, 2012, 05:32:33 pm »
Love this show.

Can't get enough of it. Ending of Episode 2, ahhhh, can't wait for the next one now.

"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 9, 2012, 05:43:55 pm »
Well, that was excellent. I just hope they don't mess the pacing up with that ending.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #51 on: October 9, 2012, 06:06:46 pm »
Absolutely superb episode. Hoping the next 10 are just as good!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #52 on: October 9, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »
Still coming to terms with how good it was.Fantastic series with some top notch acting.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #53 on: October 9, 2012, 08:05:50 pm »
Spoiler
My guess is still the youngish guy working for the CIA. The one who came and told Estes the journalist woman was waiting for him in the first ep.
[close]

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2012, 05:50:10 am »
That was brilliant.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2012, 11:58:17 am »
Spoiler
I was stunned by the cliffhanger. Didn't expect proof of Brody's betrayal to come so early. My initial thought was to fear for Saul's life, but I think they might go down the route of confronting Brody and using him to get to Abu Nazir. He'd still have split loyalties, and it would provide a great way to have him and Carrie interacting in every episode.
[close]

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2012, 03:46:49 pm »
Watched the second episode on Monday morning - wow.

Spoiler
So Damien Lewis wasn't kidding when he said we'll be surprised just how quickly the walls close in. Unbelievable end to the episode, and it's only episode 2! Delighted that now at least one person knows Carrie is right about Brody. Good that it's her best friend. Abu Nazir was never going to die this early either, but they still managed to make it pretty tense.

Really don't know how it goes from here, but from the small clip we saw of next weeks episode, someone confronts Brody...
[close]
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2012, 03:49:39 pm »
where is everyone seeing next weeks clip ? my torrent didn't have it

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2012, 05:42:37 pm »
where is everyone seeing next weeks clip ? my torrent didn't have it
http://www.sockshare.com/file/8CF4A024FA46408E

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2012, 07:16:57 pm »
So, that was awesome...

Spoiler
Really is quite an escalation, surely this stops a number of plotlines dead now? There is no way he can be the running mate or even a congressman now?

I can't remember exactly, but the full video doesn't actually incriminate him in anything does it? It's all just vague enough and obviously his plan didn't work. But, of course, it will arouse plenty of suspicion for the CIA to start tracking him again.

I'm guessing Carrie will somehow become aware of it and start on Brody on her own

I was completely expecting that red shirt agent to get wasted as he was pushing Carrie into the car, haha.
[close]
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2012, 08:16:05 pm »
Brilliant ending, although I wish I hadn't watched the "next week on Homeland".

I detest those fucking things. Especially on shows where you really want to know as little as possible going into each new episode.

Wasn't expecting that reveal so soon, really encouraging they have though. Guess they will have Saul sit on it for a few episodes at least.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2012, 10:01:44 am »
How much of it is spoilers though?I mean they wouldn't want to harm their own show,do they?As we have seen in other series,they show some stuff that makes you excited or even kinda angry they gave it out only to turn out completely different when you watch the actual episode.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2012, 09:19:23 pm »
Just seen the third one now
Spoiler
Thought it was a lot slower than the previous two although still very good tv. Carrie's scene was pretty tough to watch imo, but i guess that made the ending better in a way. Wonder what will happen after Saul gives the video to the CIA....I still think the young CIA agent (Danny) is the leak, as Saul would have kept that video to himself if it was him. In the flashback to the previous episode at the start, you see Danny with a phone in his hand when the operation to kill Nasir was going on. Not sure why they'd show that, but maybe he also tipped Nazir off?
[close]

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2012, 09:39:41 pm »
I probably should have replied in this thread than the other so moved my post here:

Anyone watched the 3rd episode yet?

Just finished watching it now. A few things annoyed me, but on the whole - another superb hour of TV.

Episode 3 spoiler
Spoiler
the whole part with the tailor in the woods, the burial, and the car wash seemed off- otherwise it was a good episode without being as fast paced as last weeks. Claire Danes isolation and loneliness struck a real chord with me throughout. Hats off to Homeland and Danes for one of the most realistic portrayals of mania and depression that I've seen on television.
[close]

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2012, 09:55:25 pm »
Spoiler
Meh, seemed like an awful lot of filler to me. The Brody storyline seemed inconsequential and the on-off relationship with his wife is tedious now. More cringeworthy cliches such as falling on a spike...

Not sure why David Estes attempted/pretended to be sympathetic because he's quite simply not. Maybe they're trying to work on him because he's painfully one-dimensional so far.

Not entirely unexpected, but after last week's episode (and revelation) it seemed to essentially be waiting for the Carrie/Saul reunion, which was a great moment. Some of the other bits of her were good too in this episode, although while I like her character I'm not as blown away as most other people.

Still, it'll be interesting to see where this takes us.
[close]
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2012, 10:46:02 pm »
Just watched episode 2

Spoiler
The bit where shes goes to the apartment and her escape from there and when Saul finds the sd card was fucking brilliant
[close]

Offline Suárrezard

• Main Stander
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2012, 11:00:44 pm »
It's too hard to wait the extra week and watch it on Channel 4 when you can just download it a week earlier and advert free off Isohunt.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2012, 12:57:40 am »
How much of it is spoilers though?I mean they wouldn't want to harm their own show,do they?As we have seen in other series,they show some stuff that makes you excited or even kinda angry they gave it out only to turn out completely different when you watch the actual episode.

It's not even that they're spoilers, but they tend to tell you how next weeks episode is going to go, what characters are going to be involved etc. I don't watch trailers for movies I'm really looking forward to either though, so it's a personal preference i suppose. I just download the 'web' versions now, they don't have that 'next week on' at the end.

Spoiler
Another really good episode of television anyway. Thought Brody's day was pretty hilarious, Lewis played it fantastically, even if it was a bit far fetched, you know, snapping a mans neck rather than moving a few yards away to take a phone call. And Carrie's scenes were very powerful and again very well acted by Danes.
[close]

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2012, 03:09:40 am »
episode 3 thoughts...

Spoiler
so for episode 3, homeland turns into brody breaking bad.  not a bad thing, but it was almost an homage to the other (vastly superior) show at times, right down to the annoying wife's interrogation at the end.

the carrie scenes on the other hand were a horrible, horrible watch.  it's truly terrifying to witness someone perch on the edge and then jump, baumgartner style, into oblivion, only to pull the chute just in time.  more superb acting by danes. 

on a purely superficial level, it's amazing how a trashy dress and some overdone make-up can make such a pretty lady look extremely unattractive.

i love the way the jazz matches up to carrie's state of mind.  first episode was virtually jazz free, but there was loads in the latest, as she succumbed to her demons again.  a lovely aural metaphor.

the plot gets interesting (or ludicrous) from this point onwards, i guess.  how can they spin this out for another five and a bit seasons now?

[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2012, 06:17:58 am »
Can't agree that BB is vastly superior to Homeland. Nothing on TV is vastly better than Homeland.

Also, it's worth remembering that Homeland season 1 is a great deal stronger than BB season 1 IMO.

So as competition goes, it's 1-0 ATM.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline libby_lfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho.
    • Twitter
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2012, 08:57:19 am »

Spoiler
I feel so relieved for her, now that she knows she was right. Haha, weird how a show can get under your skin like that. What will happen now? As soon as the CIA finds it, he's gone and then what? How many seasons are they planning? Because this doesn't seem like a show that could really go on for much longer, now that she and Saul know the truth.

Also, Damien Lewis has been amazing in this. Quite attracted to him now, even with his massive cheek wrinkles. Hated him in that show Life, but he's been brilliant in this. Same with Claire Danes.
[close]
People listen to Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2012, 09:49:42 am »
Also, it's worth remembering that Homeland season 1 is a great deal stronger than BB season 1 IMO.

How can anybody say that?
This sentence is not provable

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2012, 10:09:50 am »
How can anybody say that?

I agree with him.  The first season of Homeland was ridiculously strong in my opinion.  I like Breaking Bad but if I was to judge both shows debut seasons, I'd give Homeland the nod.

That said, Breaking Bad has been consistently great, we don't know how Homeland will turn out.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2012, 10:23:27 am »
Breaking Bad series 1 might not have the same frantic pace that Homeland series 1 did but I think it's better when it comes to editing, direction and general visual style- I also think the writing is tighter, and with more depth in places because of the slower pace. One is a heavily character based slow burner and the other just full on story story story. That doesn't mean I think the cinematography on Homeland is crap, just it's nowhere near as striking as BB.

Right now off the top of my head I can think of scenes in BB series 1 that stick in my mind with high contrast, like the slow motion shirt flutter as the RV screams through the desert with red dust billowing up behind it, but when I think back about Homeland series1 it's all about plot details.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:25:03 am by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2012, 10:39:08 am »
I have never watched Breaking Bad. Its good?

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2012, 10:54:49 am »
I have never watched Breaking Bad. Its good?

You havent lived.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2012, 11:09:43 am »
You havent lived.

I have. For 33 years.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2012, 11:19:57 am »
A certain aspect of this 3rd episode was a bit off in my view...
Spoiler
...and far fetched but from another angle.  A terrorist organisation has a mole smack in the middle of your enemies government and one would think that such an asset should be guarded at all cost.  Mainly used for very important issues.  Yet they send him on a non-errand which not only jeopardizes him, it could spoil his involvement in an event that gives him a great chance to get him even further involved with those making decisions against your organisation.  Uncharacteristic and bordering on stupid.
[close]

Spoiler
then again the CIA are so inept that they can't diagnose one of their field agents as Bi-polar. So is it any surprise the terrorist organization is equally inept
[close]

Offline libby_lfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho.
    • Twitter
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2012, 11:38:17 am »
One thing that irks me is his wife calls him Brodie. Why?? It's so weird. He's your husband, not your mate down the pub.
People listen to Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people.