Author Topic: The Brad and Lucas - Inspire Your Kids Thread.  (Read 19991 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The Brad and Lucas - Inspire Your Kids Thread.
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 10:21:24 pm »
My son, James, scored his first try for the Ospreys U16s today. He finished off a fine move and crashed over from about 15 metres although it was up to around 70 metres by the time he told his Mum.

So how long before he moves to France Jase? ;)

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 12:17:08 am »
So how long before he moves to France Jase? ;)
A few years yet mate....;) ;D
He has 2 big games left for the U16s and if they win them both, they could play for the Championship. After that, the U16s and U17s come together to trial for the U18s for next season. It does take a lot to get into the U18s a year early so if he does (fingers crossed) he will have done really well. It's no big deal if he doesn't though as he will just try again next year.
So then maybe 1 or 2 years in the U18s, then a Development/Academy contract and that's when the big bucks start rolling in....;) then into the First Team, a few games for Wales before going on the 2021 Lions Tour....;D ;D ;D
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Pheeny

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 03:41:46 pm »
although it was up to around 70 metres by the time he told his Mum.
;D

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 06:50:20 pm »
It's great to hear him doing so well Jason.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2013, 12:29:45 pm »
Lucas grabbed himself 2 goals and an assist at Streatham at the weekend. Chelmsford also managed to beat Romford at the Under 10 level for the first time this season. A game in which Lucas got one of his goals.

It was an emotional one as he was desperate to score for his Grandad who has been given weeks to live after getting bile duct cancer. You could see what it meant to him and also what it meant to us.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2013, 10:35:04 pm »
Weighed James yesterday morning - 18 stone 2 and he is still 5 months from his 16th birthday.

He hasn't made the initial selection for the Ospreys U18s as they have picked players in positions that they needed to start with so James is in the Development Squad. He will be working on his fitness, speed and strength ready to start the College season and then work his way into the main Ospreys U18s squad...
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2013, 10:05:23 pm »
My lad playing under 7's finished his season this weekend, although 2 local tournaments to come

They played 19 games and won 1, drew 2 and lost the rest.  The team scored 48 goals (we think) all season, he scored 29 of them.  Chuffed to bits with him but also the whole team who have come on in leaps and bounds and have a great camaraderie.  His highlight was scoring all 6 goals in a 6-5 win - the only win.  He was on 50p per goal off me and £1 a goal off his granddad - not a bad return!

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2013, 09:57:57 pm »
Lucas had a bit of a special weekend.

Took part in an exhibition game between periods, in a game between the Police and Fire Service, then the next day travelled to Peterborough to take part in a tournament which included a team from Latvia

Have a picture of him beating the goalie through his five-hole!

Pheeny

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 10:14:03 pm »
What's a five-hole?

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2013, 11:19:33 pm »
What's a five-hole?
I believe it is what footballers would call a nutmeg....

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 11:32:55 pm »
Between the goalies legs.

Basically there are five main gaps in a goal around a goalie and the fifth is right there.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2013, 12:15:57 am »
Lucas had a tournament in Coventry today and has just got home. First time he has been without us, due to car problems.

His team came 3rd (were joint second at the end of the league section but had to enter the 3rd/4th place playoff on goal difference) and he scored the team's opening goal of the tournament against Coventry.

So proud of him.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #52 on: June 1, 2013, 12:58:58 pm »
What's a five-hole?

Could do with a re-working of the Mick McCarthy gif! "one in the 5 hole you say"

My lad just got back from a mini tournament.  They won 2 and drew 1 so won the whole thing but being under 7's you're not allowed to advertise the fact - It's the taking part etc.  My lad got 4 in 3 which takes him to 35 for the season.  One last tournament next week and then season over - feels like it's been a long one this year.  I'll hopefully post a pic or two later.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #53 on: June 3, 2013, 08:21:22 am »
Another weekend and another tournament for Lucas. This time it was a trip to Sheffield.

Lucas played for both the Under 10s and Under 8s fitting in nine games across the two day event.

The Under 10s were unfortunately over powered by the other teams finishing with one win, one draw and 4 losses, but the under 8s finished with 4 wins and only 1 defeat, leaving them joint top of the group, but missing out on goals conceded, despite the same points as Cardiff and Kirkcaldy. With each team losing only against the others, therefore nullifying the head to head results (Chelmsford lost to Cardiff, but beat top the of the table Kirkcaldy).

The final group game against table topping Kirkcaldy saw them needing a win to stand any chance of going through. The Scottish outfit were easily the best Under 8s team there and had Chelmsford under pressure from the very start of the game. Our littl'uns did us proud and defending with lots of passion and desire and kept Kirkcaldy at bay for the first half of the game. Then the tide began to turn and the game evened up. We started putting them under pressure with a few minutes left and with just 45 seconds left on the clock, we got that all important goal and won the game 1-0.

The kids celebrated like they had won the cup itself, as it was a game that showed not only how far we had come in the last year, but also the potential we have in the next few years. It was great to see how much it meant to them, as sticks and gloves went flying when the skated on the ice to celebrate with those on for the last shift.

It was gutting for the kids and especially the coaches. Having to explain to a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds that they would still be going out on goals conceded, after the performance they had just put in and getting a result that looked unobtainable previously.

Lucas didn't get any goals, but grabbed three assists and made numerous blocks.

He also had the chance to play against a fellow ambassador Sam Watkins on the first day. Both finished their match up by coming together at the boards just before the final buzzer.

That was the final games of Lucas' season and it was a season that has seen him improve drastically, picking up the odd goal here and there, including his first ever, along with a man of the match award.

He has a lot to build on for his next season with the under 10s and is already looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2013, 08:29:42 am by bradigor »

Pheeny

« Reply #54 on: June 3, 2013, 08:36:23 am »
Great write up thanks Brad

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2013, 04:47:58 pm »
So glad the boys seasons is over I'm skint and knackered, this season has not only seen Lucas develop his game but has seen us move house to be closer to to the rink for the child and has cost me a new car as well, at his end of season awards party if I dont get the most dedicated award I shall stamp my feet  :P

Pheeny

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2013, 04:53:18 pm »
:lmao

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2013, 08:53:22 pm »
Some photos from Sheffield:

Pheeny

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2013, 09:07:58 pm »
Nice.

Do you have to buy the kit yourself or is it provided by the club?

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2013, 10:39:44 pm »
Usually provided by the club, but we had new kit for the tournament (and new season) which we could buy ourselves so they could have their names and numbers.

Pheeny

« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2013, 11:30:32 pm »
so they could have their names and numbers.
noticed that,which is why I asked.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2013, 07:56:23 pm »
I'll geg in this thread if nobody minds. My little girls team won the Level 2 European Cheer-leading championship today. I'm so pleased for her :D

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2013, 02:22:28 pm »
I'll geg in this thread if nobody minds. My little girls team won the Level 2 European Cheer-leading championship today. I'm so pleased for her :D

nice one John (nearly 3 months after the fact!  ;) )

Under 8's fixtures out today for my lads team.  First game a nice 30 mile round trip in the "local" league.

38 goals last season out of 60 for the team so i'm told.  They only won 2 league games and drew 2 from 16 games.  However i feel as though we might do better this year although we only have 7 in the team unlike some teams who bring 12 players when it's 5-a-side.  We've kept the spine of the team at least - if you can in a team of 5!  :D

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2013, 01:42:53 pm »
Lost first game 4-0 - bit unlucky and they're not used to playing on a 5 a side pitch with small nets - best team won though

Drew 2nd game (although we might have won) - however 8-8 was a fair result for both teams to be honest as it was a cracking game.  My lad scored 5 (although he reckoned he got 6 and described them all, plus another lad got a hat-rick so it makes us wonder if they won 9-8).

So he's up and running for the season with £7.50 in his pocket.

Straight after he also played for the under 9's - more as a sub as they didn't have one.  However there were so many "injuries" (ball in face, ball in bollocks, kicked in ankle etc) he nearly played a full game.  No goals in that one although he skinned (his term, not mine) 3 of their players in a dribble.  Lost 8-2.

Next up is one of the best teams in the league, should be interesting!

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #64 on: November 3, 2013, 03:29:19 pm »
Lucas' season is four games old and he has been playing excellently. With a record of 15 goals, 14 assists (29 points) and a +49 rating he has stepped his game up big time.

He managed to get himself a Man Of The Match today too, adding to his personal trophy collection. Really proud of his play right now as he has developed into a proper team player helping others get goals also and defending well. He is generally a rat to play against and never gives the opposition time on the puck.

Pheeny

« Reply #65 on: November 3, 2013, 07:21:17 pm »
at last an update ;)

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #66 on: November 3, 2013, 10:30:14 pm »
Have some images from the day to make up for lack of updates!

Lucas and his sponsor / mentor

Pheeny

« Reply #67 on: November 4, 2013, 09:29:09 am »
Out of interest Brad what is the ruling about wearing glasses whilst playing.

After a certain age will Lucas have to get contacts?

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #68 on: November 4, 2013, 10:16:48 am »
They should really be wearing sports glasses, but the cost is just out of our budget right now.

But because the pace is slower and slightly less physical the coaches are happy for him to wear his glasses under his helmet, as he has a strap that keeps them firmly on his face with little to no movement.

When he is older he will be getting contacts, but needs to be able to do them himself obviously, so probably a few years away yet.

Amazing thing is, pretty much all of last year he was playing blind (so to speak) telling us he could only really see blurry colours moving around and didn't know who or where to pass to.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2013, 01:58:02 pm »
Jack has been asked to join the local under 8's group run by a coach at Barnsley Academy.  Approached him a couple of weeks back and thought he was "brilliant" in a game earlier this season. First session on Thursday.

Chuffed to bits for him. 

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2013, 03:47:21 pm »
James is in the First Team Squad at Gower College Swansea. He has started 2 games so far but both of the props that start ahead of him are both a year older than him and both start for the Ospreys U18s as well.
One College game is shown every week on the S4C website and is then shown later that night on S4C. This is the first game of James's that was shown on TV - http://www.wrumedia.co.uk/CNPT_v_GOWER_TRIM.mp4. James was a sub to start but came on at around 52 minutes (match time) 1.02.20 (video time) and had an immediate impact. He is wearing the Number 16 and was instrumental in the team scoring their only try of the match....
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:49:40 pm by jason42 »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2013, 11:31:55 pm »

James is in the First Team Squad at Gower College Swansea. He has started 2 games so far but both of the props that start ahead of him are both a year older than him and both start for the Ospreys U18s as well.
One College game is shown every week on the S4C website and is then shown later that night on S4C. This is the first game of James's that was shown on TV - http://www.wrumedia.co.uk/CNPT_v_GOWER_TRIM.mp4. James was a sub to start but came on at around 52 minutes (match time) 1.02.20 (video time) and had an immediate impact. He is wearing the Number 16 and was instrumental in the team scoring their only try of the match....
I could see him getting stuck in mate  :thumbup

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2014, 09:59:03 am »
My lad is off to Barnsley Football academy next week for a training session and a look round - he can't wait

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2014, 03:18:42 pm »
My lad is off to Barnsley Football academy next week for a training session and a look round - he can't wait

How did it go mate?

Offline Jamesie

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2014, 04:51:19 pm »
Good news this week.

After training/trialling with Clyde FC over the past 7/8 weeks, Cammy has been offered a one year contract for next season. He'll be playing at U17's level which will be a step up for him as he only turns 15 tomorrow.

As you can imagine, he's over the moon.

Also picked up the Players Player of the Year award at his boys club yesterday so all in all, a decent week.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #75 on: June 4, 2014, 11:03:42 pm »
How did it go mate?

Went well, although he played mostly in defence because most of the other players were trying to be strikers.  I think it's only a matter of time before he starts "full-time" as it were.  Personally i think he's got a brilliant footballing brain, he can spot passes and read the game very well, as well as having a natural gift at dribbling with speed and doesn't mind throwing himself into a tackle.  His coach is happy that he's starting to boss people about and talk a lot more whereas when he first started he was very quiet.  Hopefully he'll be playing in a footie tournament against Man City, Blackburn, Rochdale etc toward end of July/beginning of August.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #76 on: June 4, 2014, 11:04:02 pm »
Good news this week.

After training/trialling with Clyde FC over the past 7/8 weeks, Cammy has been offered a one year contract for next season. He'll be playing at U17's level which will be a step up for him as he only turns 15 tomorrow.

As you can imagine, he's over the moon.

Also picked up the Players Player of the Year award at his boys club yesterday so all in all, a decent week.

Nice one

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2014, 03:16:05 pm »
My eldest ran his first race for the Harriers at the weekend in the U-13's, winning his league match in the 1500m - 5:11.3. Happy with that.

Offline Jamesie

• Main Stander
« Reply #78 on: August 6, 2014, 03:01:20 pm »
After returning for preseason training last week, The Boy came out from last night's session to inform me that "a decision with be made on Sunday which players are getting kept on for the forthcoming season"!
Naturally, I'm livid. How you can go from signing a year deal in May to possibly getting released after 5 training sessions baffles me! I'm well aware that the pro youth set up is a cut throat business but still.....
Cammy's main concern was how I would react to him telling me that he'd rather play in Sunday's game rather than go to the Dortmund friendly!

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2014, 11:03:32 am »
James has been called into the Ospreys RAG U18s Squad and will play his first game for them tomorrow at Franklin's Gardens, home of the Northampton Saints.

So he is now playing Regional Age Grade rugby, College First XV rugby, Youth rugby and all this while being one of my Carers and getting an amazing 11 As and 1 B (bloody Physics Prac) in his AS results.