Author Topic: Play Football  (Read 44619 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: Play Football
« Reply #200 on: March 9, 2017, 10:27:45 am »
There must be enough of us on rawk to get a few five a side teams going?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: March 9, 2017, 11:02:39 am »
have a 5-6 a side with work depending on numbers

we stopped it early last night and went home when two lads started fighting all over whether there was 2 or 3 goals in it

all very embarrassing. they were like kids.

:lmao I've had a guy walk off before because his teammate didn't pass to him, 30 seconds into the game!

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #202 on: March 9, 2017, 11:55:26 am »
Anyone got any 5 a side teams going south east London area? I'm near Croydon
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #203 on: March 9, 2017, 01:20:40 pm »
:lmao I've had a guy walk off before because his teammate didn't pass to him, 30 seconds into the game!
i walked off late on one game, got a bit of stick but didnt care. we were miles behind and two lads on the team werent even moving. (one lad was just a lazy fat bastard and the last half an hour he couldnt have moved 50 yards) so i had enough of being left to mark two players all game.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2017, 09:28:38 am »
I've gone and done it. Signed up for a club in the city leagues. Not terrific standard but not too bad either. Weekly training and games etc. Just went and spunked a whole load of cash on new boots as well. I'm super fucking excited really.

I've been quite disciplined since the start of this year. Cut out the carbs from the diet and started being more regular at the gym. Trying to drink less as well and that'll start this week. Basically, I'm changing most of the things I do to make sure I get the most out of this football shit.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:32:03 am by jooneyisdagloomy »
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2017, 12:58:45 pm »
Good stuff, Jooney.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2017, 12:48:01 am »
First league game later today. After some iffy weather that put the game into doubt, the sun is out and it's going ahead. I'm temporarily captaining the side as well until we get a settled team and can decide on a permanent captain. Should be fun.

P.S. Thanks Corky!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:50:54 am by jooneyisdagloomy »

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2017, 01:54:49 am »
Really want to play again, just never fancied a team full of randomers, I'm a bit cautious with things like that
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2017, 06:12:47 am »
Really want to play again, just never fancied a team full of randomers, I'm a bit cautious with things like that
I played on a team full of friends and it was a nightmare. So maybe you're ok

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2017, 02:45:28 pm »
I played on a team full of friends and it was a nightmare. So maybe you're ok
I've done both. The team where I didn't know anyone at first was just a bit awkward, didn't seem to click all season and everyone seemed to be forcing themselves to go out after the match or whatever.

My team with friends were atrocious but we had a laugh, didn't win a game until the final game of the season and we celebrated like we'd won a cup :D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2017, 03:57:53 pm »
We hardly ever went out after games as mates. It ruined too many weekends for me. Busting yourself all week to get bitched at and treated like shit on Saturday and be just miserable all the time. Team lasted three years. Half way through that I packed it in. Was gonna end up losing mates otherwise. I couldn't stand it anymore.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2017, 09:09:43 am »
We got smashed 12-4. :lmao

Never ever been in a game like that before. We had no real defenders in the side and ended up with midfielders playing there. We kept most of the ball and created chances playing some really nice football though our final pass was a bit lacking, which was not a surprise because that's the first time we've played together. However, each time the opponents got the ball, they lumped it behind our defence/played a pass behind our defence and scored. The lack of organisation at the back was comical.

We're having more triallists come in this week including some defenders. That should hopefully make things a lot easier for us going forward. Had awesome fun though.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2017, 10:54:13 am »
We hardly ever went out after games as mates. It ruined too many weekends for me. Busting yourself all week to get bitched at and treated like shit on Saturday and be just miserable all the time. Team lasted three years. Half way through that I packed it in. Was gonna end up losing mates otherwise. I couldn't stand it anymore.

I packed in 11 a side for the same reason. Every week arguments, fighting, and moaning. I used to carry it on because at least the pub afterwards was a laugh and then one of our players put another one in hospital over nothing in the pub and then a couple of weeks later a ref walked off about 20 mins into a match because he was getting so much abuse and I just packed in there and then. Never played 11 a side since and no desire to. Still trying to find a 5 a side team that doesn't play so late at night without success!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2017, 11:01:32 am »
I packed in 11 a side for the same reason. Every week arguments, fighting, and moaning. I used to carry it on because at least the pub afterwards was a laugh and then one of our players put another one in hospital over nothing in the pub and then a couple of weeks later a ref walked off about 20 mins into a match because he was getting so much abuse and I just packed in there and then. Never played 11 a side since and no desire to. Still trying to find a 5 a side team that doesn't play so late at night without success!
jesus, no one ended up in hospital with us like that.

few years later we just did 5-6 a side between us. was the same lads but not having the pressure of being in a league and not relying on people to show up training, it was a world of difference. there was still bitching but nowhere near as bad. and as it wasnt a league or anything and as it was only 1 hour a week it was all forgotten about within a day at the most.

there was the odd bit of talk about resurrecting the team but i always said no. it never came back

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2017, 12:20:52 pm »
jesus, no one ended up in hospital with us like that.

few years later we just did 5-6 a side between us. was the same lads but not having the pressure of being in a league and not relying on people to show up training, it was a world of difference. there was still bitching but nowhere near as bad. and as it wasnt a league or anything and as it was only 1 hour a week it was all forgotten about within a day at the most.

there was the odd bit of talk about resurrecting the team but i always said no. it never came back

First game I played after I moved down south, I met some blokes down the pub and they said about coming down for a trial. Boss said bring my boots and he would run me through my paces after the game and see how I did but I wouldn't play. Anyway, as it turned out, I got there as a 19 year old and the other team were a team who had a name related to Jamaica but I can't remember the exact name and they had a reputation for being headcases. Every single one of them was built like a brick shithouse and the boss asked me to be the lino as they didn't have anyone. Never done lino before and made a few dodgy calls so spent the entire first half getting called every name under the sun by the other team.

Gets to half time and one of our team has done his hammy and can't carry on and we have no subs cos a few haven't turned up so I'm going to have to play the 2nd half. As we were waiting to kick off, I could hear them all talking about kicking me as soon as I got the ball cos of the 1st half and spent 45 mins trying to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible to avoid a battering!!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2017, 01:03:55 pm »
First game I played after I moved down south, I met some blokes down the pub and they said about coming down for a trial. Boss said bring my boots and he would run me through my paces after the game and see how I did but I wouldn't play. Anyway, as it turned out, I got there as a 19 year old and the other team were a team who had a name related to Jamaica but I can't remember the exact name and they had a reputation for being headcases. Every single one of them was built like a brick shithouse and the boss asked me to be the lino as they didn't have anyone. Never done lino before and made a few dodgy calls so spent the entire first half getting called every name under the sun by the other team.

Gets to half time and one of our team has done his hammy and can't carry on and we have no subs cos a few haven't turned up so I'm going to have to play the 2nd half. As we were waiting to kick off, I could hear them all talking about kicking me as soon as I got the ball cos of the 1st half and spent 45 mins trying to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible to avoid a battering!!
nasty

bloke i know recently said police were called to a game, crowd of scumbags showed up to watch the opposition and basically charged on the pitch. my mate was there, said the opposing keeper ran up and spat in his face, the referee locked himself in a portacabin

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2017, 01:24:32 pm »
Does make you wonder why anyone would bother!! My dad tells a story that years ago, he was playing for a team called CGB (which I think was Chiswick Gas Board) and they were a very good standard Saturday afternoon team and so other teams used to try dodgy tactics to beat them. One game they played, the pitch was in the middle of a housing estate and he said the fans were stood on the white lines of the pitch all the way round so it was like a bear pit and as the wingers were getting the ball, the fans were so close they were spitting and throwing punches and all the rest of it. Ended with one of the players getting stabbed as he ran down the wing.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2017, 02:11:18 pm »
Does make you wonder why anyone would bother!! My dad tells a story that years ago, he was playing for a team called CGB (which I think was Chiswick Gas Board) and they were a very good standard Saturday afternoon team and so other teams used to try dodgy tactics to beat them. One game they played, the pitch was in the middle of a housing estate and he said the fans were stood on the white lines of the pitch all the way round so it was like a bear pit and as the wingers were getting the ball, the fans were so close they were spitting and throwing punches and all the rest of it. Ended with one of the players getting stabbed as he ran down the wing.
yeah no way i could bother with that.

same  fella i told you about was running down the wing one game and someone tried to clothesline him

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2017, 02:15:42 pm »
yeah no way i could bother with that.

same  fella i told you about was running down the wing one game and someone tried to clothesline him

To be fair, if I was pitchside for the game yesterday I might have tried that on Sterling......

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2017, 02:16:56 pm »
To be fair, if I was pitchside for the game yesterday I might have tried that on Sterling......
you might achieve it if you are no taller than 3 foot 2

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #220 on: May 9, 2017, 03:16:29 pm »
Oh the bitching groaning and moaning never stops. In fact it is better in the 11-a-sides. But the 8-a-sides? Oh lord!!

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2017, 11:01:28 pm »
Corkboy pére et fils combined for half a dozen in five a side tonight. It's one of the best things to do as a Dad, I feel really lucky. To be able to play with your son in a game, no matter what level really, is a genuinely nice thing. He's 15, about five ten and has bigger legs than me so he's well able to cope, but it's good for him, too, playing football with men in their forties and fifties. Not just for football but as a developing young man, it's good for him to see how men behave towards one another in a setting like that, social but competitive. I think it's harder for him to act like a "typical teenager" at home when we do something like that together with other men. He has to conduct himself appropriately or they'll let him know. He's a pretty grounded young fella anyway but it's a good thing for him to do stuff with ould fuckers, gives him some perspective.

So, footballing Rawkites, try to stay playing long enough to play football with with your kid, not just in the back garden (although that's great too) but as equals. I'm a 47 year old smoker. If I can do it.....

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2017, 03:04:59 am »
After many problems with squad numbers etc we've finally got a settled squad of about 20 lads which translates to about 15-16 per match day once absentees due to injury/other commitments have been taken into account. And with the settled squad, we've finally won our first point of the season. An away draw at one of the other struggling teams to get off the bottom of the table after 6 games. Our march to the league title has just begun. ;D

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2017, 10:57:51 am »
First win of our season with a 3-2 scoreline. It was a bit hairy towards the end as our keeper who was excellent was returning from a broken hand and was struggling to catch things towards the end. Still, we kept our cool and saw the game out. Onwards and upwards!

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2017, 12:53:43 am »
Halfway through another season and incredibly, we sit atop our league and are also undefeated. 3 wins and a draw. We were down 2-0 last night with 7 minutes to play and ended up winning 3-2.

We win 3 of our last 4 games here and we are champions. Probably gonna bottle it but it's been quite a lot of fun seeing our name on the indoor center's website at the top of the table for our league. After so many seasons of not winning, and then progressing to winning 1-3 games a season, it's cool to see the progress we've made as a team over the last few years. Love this damn sport.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2017, 11:19:59 am »
I started playing 5-a-side football about 8 weeks ago. I play once a week with a group of girls of all ages - maybe 22 to 50. I absolutely love it, as growing up in Ireland I never had a chance to play football in a team, as there were no girls playing football so I was playing with friends and my brothers really. Last week I got approached by a girl to see if I would be interested in playing for a local team, so went along to training last night. It was really enjoyable - a bit of 5-a-side, drills with the ball etc... they train once a week then play on a Sunday afternoon and have asked me to sign up.Think I might give it a go - it's good fun and great fitness!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2017, 11:45:28 am »
Man I miss playing football. Literally haven't kicked a ball in over 12 months now.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2017, 04:59:20 pm »

a decent article in the Guardian about us pub footballers...

'Retiring from football is traumatic for the pros – but it's even worse for us amateurs'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/when-saturday-comes-blog/2017/jul/27/retiring-football-traumatic-professionals-amateurs

Thankfully there's a few decent over 35's league around - and walking football seems to be taking off a bit too, plus there's still the weekly kickaround with mates at the local leisure centre or powerleague type place...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2017, 08:35:13 pm »
I dread the day I can't play any more. Nice little read that, bit short.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2017, 08:55:52 pm »
I played a proper 11 a side game today, with ref and all. Inter profession sort of thing but with plenty of decent league players in their twenties, and I'm now 46 and still smoking so that showed. Still, I did ok, and went in goals for spell, too, pulling off a nice tv save. You know, the ones that are two feet over your head so all you have to do is stick a hand up but it goes dramatically over the bar. I've never played in goal in my life, so that made up for getting regularly skinned by fuckers half my age.

Played this annual game recently again. I played CB and got skinned several times, maybe one or two less than my fellow CB though. We lost but the other side hadn't won in the series for about six years so everyone was happy. I was in pretty bad shape for a week after, particularly my achilles, as well as all the other aches and pains.

I normally play indoor every week but that's gone for the summer. This annual game is a good standard, couple of ex semi pros and one amateur international among the ranks but some cloggers, too. I'm about average in terms of ability on the ball and tactical awareness for that team but my physical input, speed and distance, is only going in one direction, and it ain't up. Also, it was ten a side due to some no shows so the pitch was very big. I'll be 48 next year but the other side have a 50 year old, so I reckon I'll keep going as long as I can.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #230 on: August 1, 2017, 08:07:53 am »
I finally know what they mean when they say his legs have gone. Was playing a few weeks ago and after a hour I just couldn't run anymore was like trying to run in quick sand. Need to swerve the pressing game I've played for years and adopt a pirlo style of play without the long hair look. Still got a few decent years in the tank I think.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 1, 2017, 08:56:22 am »
I dread the day I can't play any more. Nice little read that, bit short.
there are times i get bored but when you cant play you feel silly for taking it for granted

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2017, 06:57:07 pm »
I've just played my first game of 11-a-side in about 2 years.

80 degrees, on astroturf, playing center mid, with no subs.

Ouch.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2017, 02:16:12 pm »
saturday we were to have a one off game on a full size pitch.

from the way people went on on facebook i thought about 30 would show up. ideal for subs.

we usually only play 60-70 mins

however we had a lot of no showers and ended up with just 16 on a full size pitch and no keepers.

plan was rotate keepers so i just went in first. got man of the match despite letting in 6, in fairness id no chance with at least 5 and i havent played in goal for a team since i was a child (im 34 now). the gloves were even ripped!

anyway first goal i had to close down a player and he chipped it to the back post where it was headed home

second was someone running through the middle, maybe i could have got there first, but it was past me even though i got a hand on it.

third, again i had to close a player down the right and he managed to chip it over me. good finish.
fourth again nobody down the right hand side, fella hit this shot to my left however when i stepped left it swerved viciously in to the other corner

fifth goal i passed it out of defence, a little high but was under pressure. however what the guy should have done was let it beat him and run on to it. instead he flicked it on (think i shouted "time") and he still could have got to it but stopped running. he got skinned and the guy hit a thunderbastard from 30 yards into the top corner though again i got a hand on it, bit unlucky. 

last goal i think stemmed from a corner that should have been a goal kick, defence was farting around with the ball trying to be clever instead of just clearing it, one of my defenders also completely unsighted me so i had no hope. bearings may have been a little off but given i last played in goal for a team in 1994 that can be forgiven

anyway aside from that i did well. first half i saved a shot from 6 yards out and got to the rebound first, not bad. highlight came from a penno. it was never a penalty either. I spread myself to block a shot, the guy gets to the ball first and literally smashed it wide then threw himself to the deck with no contact, referee gave a penalty.

however the penalty, i guessed right and nearly dived past it. weak spot kick. however the ball rolled right in front of me, in goes the taker for a rebound and i somehow blocked it, the ball spun behind me and stopped next to the goal and i somehow recovered to get there in time. delighted with that. delighted also almost immediately we scored. I also set up another goal with a monstrous goal kick

second half id a few more saves that kept us in it. at least 4 decent saves plus a one on one that i came out. same fella who missed the penalty. stood up as tall as i could and punched the shot away. it went to penalties. i saved one, was close to two more that were placed well and two more were too well placed and i couldnt move. i was expecting someone to try a panenka.

when i saved one i thought we would win as the other keeper was even more of a stand in then me, however one penalty smashed off the bar and bounced down off the line. then our last penalty some idiot tried to be a smart arse and score a rabona and put it wide which meant when they scored their next one that was it

still did ok i thought all things considered

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2017, 05:49:56 pm »
Ah, November in Texas. The days are finally starting to get cool and the nights chilly to cold. Leaves are changing colors as well. While this is considered prime "American Football Weather" here in the States, there's something about the weather that also makes playing soccer that much better as well.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2017, 11:44:17 pm »
Corkboy pére et fils combined for half a dozen in five a side tonight. It's one of the best things to do as a Dad, I feel really lucky. To be able to play with your son in a game, no matter what level really, is a genuinely nice thing. He's 15, about five ten and has bigger legs than me so he's well able to cope, but it's good for him, too, playing football with men in their forties and fifties. Not just for football but as a developing young man, it's good for him to see how men behave towards one another in a setting like that, social but competitive. I think it's harder for him to act like a "typical teenager" at home when we do something like that together with other men. He has to conduct himself appropriately or they'll let him know. He's a pretty grounded young fella anyway but it's a good thing for him to do stuff with ould fuckers, gives him some perspective.

So, footballing Rawkites, try to stay playing long enough to play football with with your kid, not just in the back garden (although that's great too) but as equals. I'm a 47 year old smoker. If I can do it.....

Well, he's 16 now and probably an inch taller but we played together again tonight in our usual game. Good fun. I am very lucky.

There's this one c*nt, though, who plays with us and he thinks there are positions in indoor soccer. It's fucking six a side and he thinks he's an out and out target man who doesn't defend. It pisses me off, because I'm usually against him so I feel obliged to mark the prick because I'm like that. He accused me of blocking him, I told him I didn't have to get out his way.

Football is great.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2017, 03:58:17 pm »
Never played on a 3G pitch before but got a tournament coming up on one. It’s the type with the little rubber pellets.

What’s best to wear, mouldies or astros? I imagine astros, or anything with a flat sole, wouldn’t give you much grip to push away from. Them and those Futsal-esque trainers seem to be all the rage though.

As you can see, I’m pretty behind the times...

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #237 on: November 24, 2017, 10:02:49 am »
Never played on a 3G pitch before but got a tournament coming up on one. It’s the type with the little rubber pellets.

What’s best to wear, mouldies or astros? I imagine astros, or anything with a flat sole, wouldn’t give you much grip to push away from. Them and those Futsal-esque trainers seem to be all the rage though.

Reckon you'd be fine with either. I've always just worn astros on 3G pitches and never had a problem with grip.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 24, 2017, 10:38:38 pm »
Astros

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2017, 03:00:08 pm »

Astros mate - they'll give you enough grip - plus some places may not let you wear moulded studs or blades or their 3G pitches.

Futsal shoes aren't too great for astroturf pitches either.

This may be of interest mate:-

http://www.5-a-side.com/reviews/the-5-a-side-football-boots-guide/

it's a quality site - http://www.5-a-side.com/ - though about 20-30 years too late for me ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576