Author Topic: Putting on weight/muscle  (Read 214768 times)

Online Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Putting on weight/muscle
« Reply #80 on: June 9, 2010, 09:55:49 am »
i looked for one but couldnt find it?  ???

Sorry for the late reply, mate. Here's the link for it: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=61268.0
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #81 on: June 9, 2010, 11:51:07 am »
Deca and Sust is the way forward
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #82 on: June 9, 2010, 08:10:55 pm »
Tried doing the bench today, fucking killed me could only do 5kg on either side HAHA.
try warming up next time, maybe by wearing a pair of earings.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Rafas_Barmy_Army

• Legacy Fan
  • Its rainin sideways.
« Reply #83 on: June 9, 2010, 10:48:20 pm »
i bench 62.5/65kg, i am beast!

only joking, was on chest today though, here are the links to what i have!

GASPARI MYOFUSION: http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/gaspari-myofusion-2.2kg/18583
NUTRISPORT PROTEIN AND COMPLEX CARBS: http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=6664#hidden_review

Pre work out supplement: Gaspari Super Pump 250: http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/gaspari-superpump-250-800g/4983

I swear if you buy all three of these, eat chicken breast, eggs, eat regularly and hit the gym

it would be impossible to not gain weight/ muscle

MUSCLE GAIN IS 70% DIET, 30% WORK OUT

I used to be on the gaspari Myofusion found it worked rather well for me but i fancied a change so i have gone to Reflex Instant Whey(on recomendation from my manager in work ha) and i find it better for me personaly and it tastes just as nice as the gaspari stuff.

I started in Febuary and i have put three quaters of a stone on since then and have only used protien powders(apart from one tub of cyclone but that was too expensive and didnt last long) i am training 4/5 times a week and eating like a horse so i am quite pleased so far.

http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/reflex-instant-whey-5lb/1180

I am interested in getting a pre work out sup like Super Pump 250, the only thing is that my training times change most weeks cos i work earlies so if i am feeling good after work at 2/3 if not i will wait till 6/7. Am just wondering how long does the "pump" last? Cos obv i dont wanna be heading to bed still buzzing off my tits from all the caffine ha
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: June 9, 2010, 11:49:09 pm »
the first time you take it you struggle to sleep that night, regardless of time
personal experience... from then on i experienced no side effects
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2010, 12:10:17 am »
If you're eating properly, you shouldn't need supplements. All they do is help you outgrow your natural frame and look stupid.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2010, 12:23:12 am »
try warming up next time, maybe by wearing a pair of earings.
:lmao

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2010, 12:23:53 am »
If you're eating properly, you shouldn't need supplements. All they do is help you outgrow your natural frame and look stupid.

I agree entirely. I've pretty much knocked the protein on the head. Just one shake after working out instead of 3 a day which I was recommended. Didn't really factor in the calories and as I want to drop the belly, I'm happy just using weights to tone rather than bulk. I've now got what resembles a coal sack full of protein sitting in my kitchen. Benching 67.5kg, 5 X 6, three times a week now, which I'm happy with. Fuck the protein unless you want to put on weight (which i suppose is the subject of the thread! :D). That's my thoughts on it anyway.

by the way, those energy suplements (or however they're described) can be mental stuff. Anyone evr tried Noxplode? It's like wizz! Was off me tits the first and only time I've tried it. Talk about caffeine jitters!

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2010, 01:27:09 am »
Noexplode is not bad, but its to be taken during workout, not pre workout - superpump is better

as for protein, natural frame garbage... Ste Droid is the fella who makes you look a daft twat, increasing your bloody protein intake is the only physical way to increase lean muscle... i don't theres a single person who frequents the gym who doesnt have shakes, i do and i am just toned

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2010, 01:38:50 am »
id so some research on that noexplode before taking it. lad in work came in having just taken some (i work in a gym) and i swear he was bouncing off the walls. shouldnt be legal driving with that in your system.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2010, 01:42:31 am »
Noexplode is not bad, but its to be taken during workout, not pre workout - superpump is better

as for protein, natural frame garbage... Ste Droid is the fella who makes you look a daft twat, increasing your bloody protein intake is the only physical way to increase lean muscle... i don't theres a single person who frequents the gym who doesnt have shakes, i do and i am just toned

for once C your spot on. you wont go bulky cause your taking shakes, it takes years of dedication and diet and heavy weights low reps to get that bulky stupid frame. i actually take a shake at half time when i play 11aside to stop muscle break down and im just toned aswel.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2010, 01:47:02 am »

Do you mean taking noxplode in a drink to sip on during a session? Pretty sure the directions said to take a scoop half an hour or so before working out.

As I said, I take shakes now just after working out. Surely if you're not doing enough to justify a huge amount of protein intake, it's not gonna get used up in muscle repair/building and just sit on the belly, no? There's a LOT to be said for Tuna and Turkey when it comes to builing muscle. Accomodating them into your diet is piss easy too.

id so some research on that noexplode before taking it. lad in work came in having just taken some (i work in a gym) and i swear he was bouncing off the walls. shouldnt be legal driving with that in your system.

That's exactly how I felt. Palpatations and racing heart. Mad gear!

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2010, 02:21:24 am »
I can understand the want to have a protein shake directly following training if it's not practical to eat some chicken / egg etc directly after a session (or if, like many people, eating post-exercise doesn't sit well)... but I don't see the point in having 3 or 4 shakes a day at the expense of having a regular diet.

Obviously it all depends on what you're aiming for, whether you want to reach a certain level of muscle tone, size, or fitness, but my opinion is that the Mens Health brigade look weird with their arms the size of my calfs and shoulders like bowling balls.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2010, 09:36:40 am »
Some people use the protein shakes as meal replacements when thats actually the wrong thing to do

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2010, 02:25:24 pm »
you need to increase calorie and protein intake and eat at regular intervals, i go:

7oclock - 3 boiled eggs on toast, branflakes
9.30 - protein shake
12 - chicken and pasta
2.30 - protein shake
5.30 - salmon/tuna/turkey/chicken based meal - with couscous
7.30-9.30 - Gym
midnight - protein shake

snacks: bioyogurt, bananas, pears

sometimes mix egg whites into my shakes - muscle gain is all about diet so protein shakes are vital

wholemeal option are the way forward

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2010, 02:41:40 pm »
you need to increase calorie and protein intake and eat at regular intervals, i go:

7oclock - 3 boiled eggs on toast, branflakes
9.30 - protein shake
12 - chicken and pasta
2.30 - protein shake
5.30 - salmon/tuna/turkey/chicken based meal - with couscous
7.30-9.30 - Gym
midnight - protein shake

snacks: bioyogurt, bananas, pears

sometimes mix egg whites into my shakes - muscle gain is all about diet so protein shakes are vital

wholemeal option are the way forward

kinell C, i thought i had a pretty decent diet but yours just shits all over mine, how often are you on the ale? it apparently breaks down muscle and im pretty certain thats whats stopping me getting as big as i want.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2010, 03:16:44 pm »
Fooking 'ell like....my diet is pooh compared to that.
Today for exmaple (so far)

7am: small packet of quaker oats with a bit of honey
9am: 2 finger kitkat
9:15: 2 bananas
11am: doritos and salsa
1:30 1 cheese n onion pasty, tuna sandwich and more doritos n salsa. washed down with some tropicana

Only have 1 protein shake too (after weights)
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Nebnotsew

• Kopite
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2010, 05:42:07 pm »
Mate, i know. I had no spotters so i didn't want to put much more weight on just incase i dropped it and i couldn't balance the thing.
use dumbells, safer and on par or better than using a barbell because one arm can't be supporting more weight than the other
Quote from: Rafael Benitez
I was born Spanish, I am no longer as thin (the anxiety doesn’t help), and yes, sometimes I help serving the dinner.

Offline BernardGarcia

• Anny Roader
  • Bound By Wild Desire
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2010, 01:37:16 pm »
Agree with the lads using myprotein.co.uk. I use the Hurricane XS which has Creatine in. Helping me bulk up when mixed with oats. Trimmed down initially using an Isolate whey Protein which is low in calories.

Most important is your diet, if its packaged in plastic dont eat it.
Love to see that lad kiss his wrist!

Offline BernardGarcia

• Anny Roader
  • Bound By Wild Desire
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2010, 01:40:45 pm »
Also, slow release protein shake in the morning is good as it releases to your muscles throughout the day. Then one after you train to help them recover.

I find anymore than this and the excess finds its way out!
Love to see that lad kiss his wrist!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2010, 01:43:14 pm »
using PHD shakes, chocolate chip flavour, it's working, but gotta maintain a diet, porridge in morning, protein shake brunch, chicken and cottage cheese for lunch, protein shake after workout, then grilled chicken with veg in evening.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2010, 03:52:10 pm »
i was on cyclone for 6 months, working out every other day, one before, one after, one on a non workout day with milk in the morning.

chest and tris
back and bis
shoulders and squats
crunches every session

put on 10kg of bulk. im fucking hench mate.

but because of the extra calories i was taking on, my belly went fatter. now im on promax diet, low carbs, high proten, do the same sort of workout but slightly lower weight, higher reps, and do squats into a shoulder press with a barbell, or deadlifts in each session. ive lost 2kg in 2 months all off my gut, can nearly see all my abs.

there may be better products out there but i wont change from maximuscle now because its gotten me results (with a balance diet) and i cant be arsed to try anything else now. im not huge (6'2" 85kg) but im happy with the progress ive made from my old skinny fat frame which looked totally crap.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2010, 11:57:42 pm »

pics or it never happened  ;)
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2010, 05:52:24 pm »
i was on cyclone for 6 months, working out every other day, one before, one after, one on a non workout day with milk in the morning.

chest and tris
back and bis
shoulders and squats
crunches every session

but because of the extra calories i was taking on, my belly went fatter. now im on promax diet, low carbs, high proten, do the same sort of workout but slightly lower weight, higher reps, and do squats into a shoulder press with a barbell, or deadlifts in each session. ive lost 2kg in 2 months all off my gut, can nearly see all my abs.

there may be better products out there but i wont change from maximuscle now because its gotten me results (with a balance diet) and i cant be arsed to try anything else now. im not huge (6'2" 85kg) but im happy with the progress ive made from my old skinny fat frame which looked totally crap.

You were 6'2" and 75kg *with* a belly? That's impressive. I'm 4" shorter, without any muscles and 75kg.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2010, 10:56:37 am »
Are T5's steroids?

Someone gave me one at work and I've buzzing off my nut.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2010, 12:51:12 pm »
Are T5's steroids?

I've been no where near your nuts. Maybe it's amir. He is rather gay you know

We can both laugh touch our cocks off. Together.

Such a gay
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2010, 12:57:35 pm »
Are T5's steroids?

Do you make a habit of taking random pills? Do you often wake up of a morning with a sore arsehole?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2010, 10:35:06 am »
Are T5's steroids?

Nah, its a fatburner.

Like bad whizz. Don't eat anything fatty though, it comes out your arse about an hour later in perfect condition
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2010, 01:36:46 pm »
Hi mate.

I havent really trained for about a year due to going travelling (just starting to get back into it now though). I was using a supplement from here previously:

http://www.boditronics.co.uk

Found them to be decent. They seemed to work well, tasted good and werent the most expensive ive seen either. I also experienced no side effects at all. Just add water or milk.

Its all about your diet though really mate, thats the key. Supplements are OK to have before/after a workout or at times when you dont physically have the time to make a proper meal, but I would say to concentrate on sorting your diet out primarily.

Personally I found eating 4-5 times a day (at 2-3 hour intervals) worked best for me. Smaller portions and more often. Gets your metabolism working more efficiently and helps keep the fat off. Make sure that each meal you have contains a good amount of protein (eggs, poultry, steak, fish, nuts etc) and try and stick to complex carbs if you can (wholemeal pasta, bread, rice etc). There much less starchy and slow burning energy (will keep you feeling fuller for longer). Overall, keep it clean (ie. cut out the shite).

Obviously if you find your not gaining after a month or two, then up the portion sizes a little.

As for the gym, Ive tried a number of routines but found the most effective for me to be a simple 5x5 routine.
Get a feel for what you can lift without losing form. If you cant manage a set of 5 without losing form then its too heavy, so reduce the weight. Likewise, if you can do more than 5 easily, then maybe its too light, so up it slightly.
Make sure you warm up beforehand as well.

I was splitting my routine down into three parts as well. Just found it gave me a chance to really hit each area properly rather than trying to squeeze it all into one or two sessions.
So, say:

Mon - Biceps/Triceps
Weds - Legs/Shoulders/Abs
Fri - Chest/Back

Drink plenty of water during workouts as well.

And most importantly - BE PATIENT. It takes time, so dont panic if your not Arnie in 2 weeks time.

Hope that helps anyway and let us know how you get on  :wave
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:55:26 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2010, 03:28:54 pm »
but the only way you can work your back is by pulling... the only way you can pull is by using your biceps

so it makes sense you work the two together

same for chest and pushing, pushing must use triceps, etc..

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2010, 03:56:59 pm »
Fucking meatheads

the lot of you
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2010, 03:59:29 pm »
but the only way you can work your back is by pulling... the only way you can pull is by using your biceps

so it makes sense you work the two together

same for chest and pushing, pushing must use triceps, etc..

Yeah it does, but its good to switch it up every now and then and have a pull/push every day for a bit, it shocks the muscle
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2010, 12:55:12 am »
Fucking meatheads

the lot of you

Pencil-necked geek

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2010, 12:59:52 am »
Pencil-necked geek

I have a natural physique. No need to pump myself up.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline jim.

• Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2010, 02:32:06 am »
To gain Muscle/Weight eat lots (eggs, beef, fish, chicken, porridge, veggies, some fruit, whole milk, brown pasta/rice, protein powders) lift as heavy weights as possible and also lift weights using your legs (one of your biggest muscles) bigger testosterone release to whole body.

And rest, you won't grow if you don't rest.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2010, 03:25:24 am »
I got sick a couple of months back and lost a bit of weight.  I wasn't able to gain the weight back immediately and I wondered what I was doing wrong. Decided to stuff myself with food and before I knew it I was regaining weight. In the past 8 weeks I've gained nearly 10 kilos which is difficult for someone like myself to do.

Been eating tuna, chicken, beef, eggs, whole milk, yoghurt, nuts, avocados, bananas plus the bad stuff like booze, coke, chips, chocolate & some take away. Also been doing more exercise that usual. I play football a couple of days a week but I've also been doing push ups, squats and other exercises at home rather than going to the gym.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2010, 01:03:42 pm »
I've been going to the gym for years, but only seriously been going since March 09, so thats 16months. I'm naturally a slim build, but by religiously lifting weights 3 or 4 (depending on program) times a weeks i've grown quite considerably. However, due to this i've now got some quite ugly stretch marks around the arm pit area of both arms due to the growth, so be weary of that.

At first I was doing just weights and football, but a good few months back I started running at the end of each session (2-3miles) and boxing on rest days, as well as cycling to and from work instead of driving.  The hardest part now is fitting it all in, but I've managed to get it so my typical week is:

Monday; Football
Tuesday; Gym
Wednesday; Boxing
Thursday; Gym
Friday; Boxing
Saturday; Gym
Sunday; Football

Obviously with cycling thrown in between that where I can. Due to the increase in CV I won't gain weight as quick, though because i'm working different body parts each day i'm still progressing, and following months of sticking to this weekly routine I feel great.

If you just want to get big - just go for weights, though if (like me) you want to still gain size and be very fit in general then consider doing something similar as me.

Saying that, if you need size to start with as I did then you would probably be best just doing weights for now mate.

Go to the gym with a specific programme targetting different areas of your body, aim to take in around a gram of protein per kg of your body weight and to eat natural foods, stay away from fizzy drinks and alcohol!

Infact, I put together a new programme for myself yesterday which will do me for 4-6 weeks (always change it up after this point).

Day 1   (chest and triceps)
Exercise   Sets/Reps
Bench Press   4x6
Bench Press (I)   4x6
DB Fly   4x8
Bench Press (D)   4x6
Skull Crushers   4x8
Dips   3x10

Day 2   (back and biceps)
Exercise   Sets/Reps
Lateral Pull Down   4x8
EZ Narrow Curl   3x8
Seated Row   4x8
Hammer Curl/Twist   3x8
Reverse Fly   4x8
21's   4x21   

Day 3      (shoulders)
Exercise   Sets/Reps   
Upright Row   3x8   
Pull Ups   3x10   
Shrugs   3x14   
Shoulder Press   3x8   
Barbell Curl   3x10   
Front Raise/Lat Raise   Superset - 3x10   

Cardio/Abs routine to be followed after each workout   

I'm avoiding leg weights at this moment in time do to my legs being over worked as they are, and as i'm training for something which involves a fair bit of running I can't risk another leg injury or else i'm in big trouble, otherwise I would of done legs on the same day as my shoulders (squats, extensions, leg press, calf raises etc). Due to the fact I cycle a fair bit though, which is quite heavy on your quads i'm still getting the release of testosterone which comes from working them, which of course helps you grow, so i'm not sacrificing too much by not working them with weights at the moment.

If you want, print out my workout and work to it, like I said though, change it up after 4-6 weeks.

Any questions mate then PM me, I should be able to help you out. If you want to know how to perform any of the exercises then again just ask. If you're going to do it, aim for a ratio of 4:2 (four second release, followed by a two second lift), I've found that's the most effective way to gain size, and aim for total muscle failure after each set, with a rest no longer than 60 seconds in between. Have fun! :wave
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:12:12 pm by 5BigCups »

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2010, 12:40:58 am »
whats a skull crusher. iv an nvq in fitness instructing and iv never heard of one  ???
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2010, 01:36:12 am »
one of best supplements is ZMA. Really helps if you have trouble sleeping and gives a good night rest, and good for building muscle. (my experiences with it have been very good)
South Park>>>>>All.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2010, 02:46:11 am »
whats a skull crusher. iv an nvq in fitness instructing and iv never heard of one  ???

It's a tricep exercise. Lie flat on your back, holding a hammer bar over your head with the bis/tris at 90' to the body. Keep the upper arm still, and bend at the elbow to dip the weights over your hear until your elbow is at 90'. Raise.

Do not drop, else you will have a very sore head, or a marginal case of death.