Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL QF 2nd Leg City 0 v Liverpool 3 [10 April 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 127215 times)

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We are 5/1 to win the game, I think that's madness. Depends if you're a shithouse or not. City to qualify would be your shithouse bet around the same odds.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Fine.

Having Salah back would give us a big Boost.

Agreed - Im still really nervous even if he is back . It's not going to be a Picnic !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
at this rate, i'm going to need a new toilet

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Well... all eyes will be on training today...

If Salah trains, it seems he’s fit..

But, is there not a chance to play the odd mind game here?

Don’t let him train with the team, give them a bit of excitement and then name him in the starting line up and let their hearts drop just a little.

Maybe it doesn’t work that way?

I don't think so. If he doesn't train at 5pm today then it means he isn't fit.

But a player won't lose a lot of fitness by not training for 5 days. If he had kept himself on proper diet and was still doing cardio in a pool or weight lifting for the upper body, then he shouldn't be gaining much weight at all.

When does our team travel to City? After training tonight?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Well... all eyes will be on training today...

If Salah trains, it seems he’s fit..

But, is there not a chance to play the odd mind game here?

Don’t let him train with the team, give them a bit of excitement and then name him in the starting line up and let their hearts drop just a little.

Maybe it doesn’t work that way?

He needs to train , as to see his reaction to it especially how he is tomorrow after training

Train with the u23s hidden away ?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Mind you, Paul Joyce says he’s fit and will play
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
Any chance Klopp goes three at the back if Mo is not fit? Can't see it as it plays into their hands but it might give us some cover for midfield or at the back playing 5. Pep tried last week and for me it stifles the attack and invites pressure.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
Fine.

Having Salah back would give us a big Boost.

He'll be fit, Salah's as strong as a Lion

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There are times when you have to weigh up the risks before choosing a set-up. Tuesday is not that day. We have a 3 goal advantage, even within a game, you'll see the more tactically flexible sides take reasonable risks when 0 - 0 to get a goal, play it quite safe when 1- 0 up, take a bit more risk at 2 - 0 and go to town at 3 - 0 : goalie hitting it 10 yards central under high pressure, defender picking a pass from his six yard box, the works.

We are one of the most organised pressing sides in the world, City's rigidity with the deep build-up means we are their kryptonite. 3 - 0 advantage, our most potent weapon against their weakest point, go to town. Defend high up, get the goal, end the game first half. If Guardiola changes the habit of a lifetime and decides to use their midgets to play more long balls for 90 minutes, we can handle that too.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
All the City rhetoric is brilliant. If they're training how they are talking we've got nothing to worry about.

They seem to be completely unwilling to admit the issues that have led to them being beaten twice by us, that we are a very good side who can better them over 90 mins and that their method of playing against us isn't the solution.

Fernandinho's interview smacks of self-pity, arrogance and delusion. It is all about how they were hard done by and how we only bettered them for a small spell so there is nothing wrong with their play.

Reminds me of an Arsene Wenger mentality that is over-ideological and stubborn beyond belief to the point that they'll eventually fall behind the times.

I fancy us to get a third win over them and properly ram home that the tide of superiority has changed. They may have won the league this year but lets show them again who the best team in the land is.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Right.  He did not look inhibited walking off.   I hope to god he did not pick this niggle up with his celebration slide.  Sweet Lord.

Lee Dixon (I know, sorry!) said he was talking to some of the Liverpool coaching staff before the Everton game. They were trying to calm Salah down to just rest and relax once he came off. He could feel something and wanted to walk/jog/stretch it out rather than just take it easy and see what the problem actually was later.

Whatever it was, it sounds very minor. The risk though is risking it becoming a grade 2 or 3 strain from over exertion, either of which would rule him out for the season.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
Lee Dixon (I know, sorry!) said he was talking to some of the Liverpool coaching staff before the Everton game. They were trying to calm Salah down to just rest and relax once he came off. He could feel something and wanted to walk/jog/stretch it out rather than just take it easy and see what the problem actually was later.

Whatever it was, it sounds very minor. The risk though is risking it becoming a grade 2 or 3 strain from over exertion, either of which would rule him out for the season.

Yup especially with adrenalin he wouldn't feel it or know how serious it was until a few hours later. There was no need to risk it.

Rafa would have taken him off and mummified him until the game tomorrow but Hodgson will make him play through his pain barrier.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Stop with these terrible puns before the mods call a Time Out.

Maybe if we Wispa they won't notice?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Yup especially with adrenalin he wouldn't feel it or know how serious it was until a few hours later. There was no need to risk it.

Rafa would have taken him off and mummified him until the game tomorrow but Hodgson will make him play through his pain barrier.

Hodgson would make him mow the grass at Anfield manually with childrens scissors then help him move house over the weekend into his new condo in London on the 12th floor that has no elevator.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
All the City rhetoric is brilliant. If they're training how they are talking we've got nothing to worry about.

They seem to be completely unwilling to admit the issues that have led to them being beaten twice by us, that we are a very good side who can better them over 90 mins and that their method of playing against us isn't the solution.

Fernandinho's interview smacks of self-pity, arrogance and delusion. It is all about how they were hard done by and how we only bettered them for a small spell so there is nothing wrong with their play.

Reminds me of an Arsene Wenger mentality that is over-ideological and stubborn beyond belief to the point that they'll eventually fall behind the times.

I fancy us to get a third win over them and properly ram home that the tide of superiority has changed. They may have won the league this year but lets show them again who the best team in the land is.

If they weren't worried they wouldn't have reacted to the team we put out against Everton. They made a like for like substitution to counter us.

1) Robertson off. So they took off Walker too who plays on the same side.
2) Ox not playing, so they take off KDB too who plays in the same area

Everything they did on Saturday was a reaction to our team sheet. You think they are not worried? They are actually less worried about losing to United because they knew the League trophy was already on their lap.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
Hodgson would make him mow the grass at Anfield manually with childrens scissors then help him move house over the weekend into his new condo in London on the 12th floor that has no elevator.

that was cruel....

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
how does one put a youtube video on here?

https://youtu.be/4tbGDpusNko
And in short, I was afraid

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
If Mo's feeling a niggle, the City players will target him.

There'll be a Bounty on his head....
SOS member 7832

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Mo is from another Galaxy, they won;t get close.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97

and he'll just skip past them and plant one in the top corner.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
As a safety precaution, should the team not travel in a Double Decker....
SOS member 7832

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
Mo is from another Galaxy, they won;t get close.

Let's not go over the top - he's from Mars at most... Certainly this Milky Way....
SOS member 7832

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So is Mo training?

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan

Thank god city don't have Luke Shaw.
No time for caution.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Spanish ref. A little reminder from Klopp before the kick off. “He’s wearing that Free Catalonia ribbon again. Just saying.”
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
So is Mo training?

Yes. As well as Robertson and Moreno according to James Pearce on Twatter   8)

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
So is Mo training?

Mo training Mo practice Mo goals
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
So is Mo training?

Yep just popped onto Facebook there and Liverpool are live with a training session. Seems to be moving around pretty normally doing the warm up! Can see Robertson in there too

Fingers crossed they’re both ready for tomorrow

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan

Live feed on AnfieldHQ

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Great to hear! :)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
This game plan (whatever that might be) seems to be relying on our strengths, 3 goals lead, playing on a counter for a goal. We just have to keep it up even if they score two quick goals, and I feel we should be through.

One Mo goal!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
2:13 for Fernandinho's comments on our playing style.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/De0uDdNf9p8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/De0uDdNf9p8</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
This game plan (whatever that might be) seems to be relying on our strengths, 3 goals lead, playing on a counter for a goal. We just have to keep it up even if they score two quick goals, and I feel we should be through.

One Mo goal!

This. As with Dortmund. Even if they score two early goals. Just takes one from us.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This. As with Dortmund. Even if they score two early goals. Just takes one from us.

And I can't see them keeping us from scoring.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
Salah was so fucking lazy there!
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
2:13 for Fernandinho's comments on our playing style.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/De0uDdNf9p8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/De0uDdNf9p8</a>

He'll be a great manager one day.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
I wish we had their cultured tactics of trying to hit long, diagonal balls over Trent's head to Sane.

Just saw the clip, hopefully he doesn't recover from the obvious blow he took to the head and we can just nip the ball off him again. Maybe we attacked so quickly he thought the only way we go the ball forward so quickly was to hit it long.

Sorry I forgot, that pass to Salah for the first goal was a ball that went a LONG WAY!

I'm in Manchester but doesn't look like I'm going to get sorted out with a ticket, if there is a gathering in a Pub to watch the match then give me a shout and I'll pop along.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Salah was so fucking lazy there!

I guess we can overlook it for now, have to keep him safe for tomorrow! ;D

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Players who trained on Monday:

Defenders: Van Dijk, Lovren, Klavan, Masterson, Clyne, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Moreno

Midfielders: Henderson (suspended), Wijnaldum, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Woodburn, Jones

Forwards: Firmino, Salah, Mane, Ings, Solanke, Camacho

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Spanish ref. A little reminder from Klopp before the kick off. “He’s wearing that Free Catalonia ribbon again. Just saying.”
Oooohh