Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1730803 times)

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« on: August 10, 2020, 06:51:14 pm »
Non-LFC stuff here please.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2021, 10:13:15 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 06:54:50 pm »
Could we not re-name this as the laughing at United Transfer Thread?  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 07:33:30 pm »
According to Gazzetta ` Napoli need to sell €150m worth of players to balance the books. Koulibaly, Allan, Ghoulam and Milik are likely all to depart.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Allan is the one that’s been linked with Everton?

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
Even in a fire sale, Koulibaly‘s not going to be cheap is he?

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
According to Gazzetta ` Napoli need to sell €150m worth of players to balance the books. Koulibaly, Allan, Ghoulam and Milik are likely all to depart.

Was mad of them to sign Osimihen for £60m then.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We should Get Milk.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
They'll milk City for half that 150 once they get rid of Otamendi and Stones 'somehow' getting good prices me thinks

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

They bought Osimhen knowing they needed to balance the books? That wasn't particularly smart.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Copying from the other thread:

James Ducker@TelegraphDucker · 12m
#MUFC frustrated by slow pace of Sancho talks. Dortmund requested negotiations be done through intermediaries (Emeka Obasi & Marco Lichtsteiner) & it's meant little direct contact between clubs. Dortmund want larger upfront fee than United offering https://telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/08/10/jadon-sancho-jets-borussia-dortmund-despite-manchester-united/

James Ducker@TelegraphDucker · 12m
Contrary to claims personal terms agreed, Sancho's demands and agents' fees remain another obstacle. Having just removed Alexis Sanchez's mega salary from the wage bill, there's no interest in repeating past mistakes. Sancho won't be getting a bigger salary than Rashford

James Ducker@TelegraphDucker · 10m
Zorc claiming Dortmund won't sell this summer but Dembele situation a reminder they will at the right price. Also a feeling in United circles that substantial outlay on Haaland & Bellingham, including on wages, could be a factor, not least given impact on finances of Covid.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Love that last point, so basically Man Utd hoping BVB are going to struggle financially cos of Covid, to help them get Sancho.

Such a classy club.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Love that last point, so basically Man Utd hoping BVB are going to struggle financially cos of Covid, to help them get Sancho.

Such a classy club.

You should have heard them on 5Live totally outraged at the idea of a club wanting to keep one of their players and why haven't they already agreed the price and been more reasonable? Absolute idiots. Love the title.  ;D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Leeds sign Joe gelhardt from Wigan.

4 year deal.

Good signing. He battered our under 23's on his own.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
You should have heard them on 5Live totally outraged at the idea of a club wanting to keep one of their players and why haven't they already agreed the price and been more reasonable? Absolute idiots. Love the title.  ;D
Same kind of thing people were saying about Norwich and Jamal Lewis yesterday. Ridiculous either way.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Copying from the other thread:

Man Utd must be briefing the same shite to all their journos

Evening Standard have similar

- Blaming everything on the agent
- Complaining that Dortmund won't talk to them directly
- Saying they'll only pay £70m :lmao
- Claiming no terms have been agreed as they are trying to avoid a repeat of the Alexis Sanchez transfer (squad disharmony)

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-transfer-news-jadon-sancho-agent-decision-dortmund-talks-a4521291.html

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Was mad of them to sign Osimihen for £60m then.

They must be assuming they are getting some big sales

Allan is the one that’s been linked with Everton?

Yep

We should Get Milk.

Milik needs loads of chances. Funny that Spurs want him given how many shots Kane takes

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Man Utd must be briefing the same shite to all their journos

Evening Standard have similar

- Blaming everything on the agent
- Complaining that Dortmund won't talk to them directly
- Saying they'll only pay £70m :lmao
- Claiming no terms have been agreed as they are trying to avoid a repeat of the Alexis Sanchez transfer (squad disharmony)

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-transfer-news-jadon-sancho-agent-decision-dortmund-talks-a4521291.html

That is shameful.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
We could have a ‘guess when United agree to pay 120 million euros’ .... I’ll start August 26th

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
We could have a ‘guess when United agree to pay 120 million euros’ .... I’ll start August 26th

I honestly don’t think it happens. I also think Dortmund don’t make those statements unless they’re in sync with the player and his agent. He is on the market next summer is basically how I read it as agreed by all parties (except for those lot down the 62)

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
Borussia Dortmund@BlackYellow · 41m
You love to see it Grinning face with smiling eyes

https://twitter.com/BlackYellow/status/1292929246420230144

:lmao Dortmund are fully trolling Utd

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
I honestly don’t think it happens. I also think Dortmund don’t make those statements unless they’re in sync with the player and his agent. He is on the market next summer is basically how I read it as agreed by all parties (except for those lot down the 62)

Maybe ... but United know that too and they don’t want him to get to next summer and have his pick of clubs
The price has been incredibly public for some time now - apparently it’s an argument about payment structure.
Idk - I hope you’re right but think the mancs have too much invested in it not to cave
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 10:53:39 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Yes, that is the most logical scenario. Than again, this is Man Utd we are talking about. They might panic and offer the full €120 million upfront, and Dortmund will get 2 players of Sancho's level for that kind of money.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Why would Dortmund sell then, considering they'd have to buy a replacement. United know exactly what they have to do pay the asking price or do without.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
Milik needs loads of chances. Funny that Spurs want him given how many shots Kane takes

He tends to perform well in big games though. Milik gotta lotta bottle.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

Perfect for Spurs. He can retire off to the cheese room once his relationship with Mourinho turns toxic.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
I am most interested in what Everton do. They really need a lot to start competing in order to match the ambitions of their huge stadium.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.

Such a classy club.

Didn't Solskjaer say something similar a few months back about how they hoped to use it to their advantage against struggling clubs? Horrible thing to say and obviously didn't get picked up on hardly in the media.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Patrik Schick to return to Roma - RB Leipzig cannot meet terms

https://www.transfermarkt.com/patrik-schick-to-return-to-roma-rb-leipzig-cannot-meet-terms/view/news/367818

Someone else will pick him up. Horrific injury record once he went to Roma, but he's a project that will reap benefits, if someone can get him back to his Sampdoria self. This also puts Leipzig in a massive problem

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Leipzig are really tightening the purse strings.  Rashica was another they wanted, but wouldn’t offer more than 12 mill or something ridiculous.

Schick did well for them, it was a move that really seemed to kick-start his career again.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Leipzig are really tightening the purse strings.  Rashica was another they wanted, but wouldn’t offer more than 12 mill or something ridiculous.

Schick did well for them, it was a move that really seemed to kick-start his career again.

Schick looked like he was definitely going there and now they seem to be struggling to get Rashica over the line. I'd assume they must be thinking Saxony won't be allowing crowds next season

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'

It seemed they’d agreed Rashica for around €20m then withdrew and attempted to low ball. Very odd given that it was obvious Werner would be leaving for a considerable fee and his replacement Chan cost what, £13m?

Rashica is someone who everyone should be all over at anything sub-£30m. He’s perfect profile to really increase his numbers this season. Don’t be surprised, if he stays, to see 10+ goals and 10+ assists.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
ESPN say Ousmane Dembele (on loan) is an alternative to Sancho for United.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
ESPN say Ousmane Dembele (on loan) is an alternative to Sancho for United.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W0Wq0AG7pI
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:28:37 pm by Sangria »
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
Didn't know Southampton had signed Mohammed Salisu.

That's really good piece of business for them, looked a great prospect in Spain.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
Schick looked like he was definitely going there and now they seem to be struggling to get Rashica over the line. I'd assume they must be thinking Saxony won't be allowing crowds next season

They realised they were having FFP issues, hence they were so keen to deal Werner for his release clause. I’d imagine they’ll struggle to have many incomings unless someone bites on Upamecano’s release clause which is around €60m if I recall correctly...

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
Palace looking at Sarr on a loan to buy.. Ideal replacement for Zaha I guess. Strange Watford are 'reportedly' happy with that type of deal

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Palace looking at Sarr on a loan to buy.. Ideal replacement for Zaha I guess. Strange Watford are 'reportedly' happy with that type of deal
Who will pay what Palace want for Zaha? No one would pay it last season when he was a year younger and coming off the back of a much better campaign.

Would be a good signing for Palace. Potentially could see the compulsory buy clause only kicking in if Watford fail to get promoted at first attempt.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Who will pay what Palace want for Zaha? No one would pay it last season when he was a year younger and coming off the back of a much better campaign.

Would be a good signing for Palace. Potentially could see the compulsory buy clause only kicking in if Watford fail to get promoted at first attempt.

How much do they want?  Woodward will pay double.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I think the price will be significantly less, Palace have to come to their sense about it. Turning down good offers to hold out for what was it, 80 mill or something crazy last season? That was nuts. They can’t do that again. 2 years left on his deal now, and he’s coming off a poor season scoring just 4 goals. I guess they can risk holding onto him another year and hoping he had a far better season. But he’s playing for Palace, there’s every chance he’ll have an equally poor season.