Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3262167 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Harry Maguire considering his options thread
« on: January 16, 2020, 01:17:11 pm »
Spanking new thread to usher in their phoenix like resurrection into a global super power, on and off the field! ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 10:34:20 pm by John C »

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 01:22:48 pm »
Surely The Green and GOle Standard :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:24:45 pm by Titi Camara »
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 01:25:15 pm »
Surely The Green and GOle Standard :D
Please accept my sincere apOlegies ;D ;D ;D

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 01:52:03 pm »
I think we should make predictions for the next two years on the first page.

a) United will spend another 300 million pounds combined the next two seasons, yet fail to finish in the CL places.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 01:53:51 pm »

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 01:57:16 pm »

a) United will spend another 300 million pounds combined the next two seasons, yet fail to finish in the CL places.

b) OGS will still be manager come Christmas 2020; United will still be out of the top 4.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 01:57:41 pm »

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 01:58:33 pm »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 02:13:10 pm »

a) United will spunk a load of money on 'up and coming' british players that turn out to be a bit shite
b) They will finish 6th....consistently
c) Pogba will attract another 10m instagram followers by showing a picture of Lingard's new haircut which shows his real age.....49
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 02:25:33 pm »
They'll pay over 50 million for that Fernandes fella and he'll be as bad as the dab lord's been for them

They'll finish 6th (shocking, I know)

They'll spend another 150 million in the summer and their fans will claim it's still not enough

They'll keep Ole till the end of next season out of pure stubbornness and their fanbase will tear itself apart

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 02:35:50 pm »
Spanking new thread to usher in their phoenix like resurrection into a global super power, on and off the field! ;D

Will there be another new thread when they turn their next corner in a couple of weeks?

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 02:46:56 pm »
'Nuff said...

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 02:48:02 pm »
'Nuff said...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 02:48:05 pm »
Will there be another new thread when they turn their next corner in a couple of weeks?

We can just use this one since they turn so many that they will end up back here anyway

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 02:52:29 pm »
AWB, Williams, McTominay, James, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood - all 24 and under i think. I know this is a piss taking thread, but as unimaginative as Ole's coaching vision might be, he seems to be building a group of reasonable players of a similar age to build around, which their club will be looking to peak in a few years time when they will be expecting our group and Citys title winning teams to be coming to the end of their cycles.

Might they finally be trying to implement a longer term vision?

Perfect game for their fans this weekend, get to see what a fully matured team looks like though  8)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 03:03:22 pm »
Rather than taking a longer term view, it is more likely that inconsistent results simply get less complaints for the owners if it can be presented as bringing through the younger players rather than simply being shite.

The obvious issues for any club hoping to take such an approach though would be that you have to have a competent coach to help those players develop and at the same time you have to avoid overplaying them in the case of injuries, with Rashford they look like they might be falling into the same trap we have had in the past where a player is allowed to return too soon from injuries because of the team's reliance on them.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 03:19:22 pm »
The obvious issues for any club hoping to take such an approach though would be that you have to have a competent coach to help those players develop

Quite right, the difference is they don't have Klopp to mould these young players into world class stars. They have Ole muttering about "The United Way".

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 03:21:11 pm »
Rather than taking a longer term view, it is more likely that inconsistent results simply get less complaints for the owners if it can be presented as bringing through the younger players rather than simply being shite.

The obvious issues for any club hoping to take such an approach though would be that you have to have a competent coach to help those players develop and at the same time you have to avoid overplaying them in the case of injuries, with Rashford they look like they might be falling into the same trap we have had in the past where a player is allowed to return too soon from injuries because of the team's reliance on them.

I think that's their biggest issue, whats their education like under Ole and co? Are they going to keep progressing individually and collectively - will they be nurtured and looked after? Be interesting to watch - the Old Trafford faithful, don't seem a massively patient bunch.

I look at Scott McTominay, and think to myself how long it took for Henderson to grow and develop....if he (for example) is to become of standard it's going to take more than a season or two.

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 03:24:11 pm »
We can just use this one since they turn so many that they will end up back here anyway

It's more a roundabout than a corner.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 04:13:53 pm »
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2020, 04:15:34 pm »
Their crop of youngsters seem a bit of a mixed bag. I think Greenwood looks decent on what little I’ve seen. This attempt to paint their youth as really exciting though does give me throwbacks to us in around 1993 when for every Fowler and McManaman there was also a Harkness or Hutchison who played a fair bit but weren’t as good as those who had come before. We kept praising our youth and dreaming of how good we might look two or three years down the line while United kept winning things in the here and now.

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2020, 04:18:51 pm »
Does anyone have that lookalike image of Pogba, Lingard and a couple of others.  Tears every time I see it 😂😂

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2020, 04:24:23 pm »
They'll pay over 50 million for that Fernandes fella and he'll be as bad as the dab lord's been for them

They'll finish 6th (shocking, I know)

They'll spend another 150 million in the summer and their fans will claim it's still not enough

They'll keep Ole till the end of next season out of pure stubbornness and their fanbase will tear itself apart

I'd be shocked and delighted if they kept OLE for another season.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2020, 04:29:59 pm »
Long live Ole

Offline Enders

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 04:30:24 pm »
Anybody got that one of Anderson pulling a stupid face when doing that 'trick' pass? Can't find it anywhere...
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 04:35:18 pm »
Individually you see those young players and think it's good (for them) that they are getting game time and look decent to various extents but a club of Utd stature going down this route and using these lads as an excuse for poor and inconsistent results is a cop out.

It's a nice thought believing these players will all keep exponentially improving at the same rate and all become top class in 5 years but the reality will be different. Managerial changes, injuries, form, failure to kick on etc.

I think their fans have lowered their standards so much now and have become so fed up with wasters on big wages, they happily will watch young players giving their all and through rose-tinted glasses have convinced themselves they're greater than they are. God knows we did it with plenty of lads of the years.

This Bruno Fernandes transfer is a symptom of that, half of them hadn't heard of him a month ago but in desperation have convinced themselves he's the must-have new toy and they MUST get him or else.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:38:52 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2020, 04:43:07 pm »

This Bruno Fernandes transfer is a symptom of that, half of them hadn't heard of him a month ago but in desperation have convinced themselves he's the must-have new toy and they MUST get him or else.

You'd think they would take the hint that he's not all that considering he's been openly desperate for a move & actively seeking one for over a year now and nobody else wants him.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 04:55:51 pm »

Jesse Lingard will still be classed as a young player by Utd fans. And he'll still be shit

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2020, 04:56:07 pm »
the young lads thing is more like Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal playing the young lads in 15-16 when the squad was tiny and we got injuries. The lads who played were not high potential youngsters and were never gonna make it as first teamers (borthwick jackson, Donald fucking Love, McNair, Varela, Fosu-Mensah etc) but it did buy him a little bit of goodwill and helped weather what otherwise would've been a definite sacking period. I will predict unlike Louis' youngsters (sans Rashford), Mason Greenwood is a nailed on future top player. So we've got that!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:57:41 pm by tonysleft »
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2020, 04:56:46 pm »
You'd think they would take the hint that he's not all that considering he's been openly desperate for a move & actively seeking one for over a year now and nobody else wants him.
No, no, no - he's focussed on getting his dream move to Manchestoh, and nowhere else - EVERYONE else wants him, but he has his heart set on sixy football
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 05:02:31 pm »
Anybody got that one of Anderson pulling a stupid face when doing that 'trick' pass? Can't find it anywhere...

I got you fam.

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Enders

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2020, 05:14:13 pm »

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2020, 05:15:16 pm »
Just having a quick catch up on Sky and I'm loving all the ex players, pundits and so called experts saying how close they are to challenging again.

Just a couple of players here or there is all they need to elevate the squad to the top spot.

Keep it up Sky, you're doing a fine job [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2020, 05:24:36 pm »

Then they appoint Giggs and he tears them apart, again...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2020, 05:26:27 pm »
Just having a quick catch up on Sky and I'm loving all the ex players, pundits and so called experts saying how close they are to challenging again.

Just a couple of players here or there is all they need to elevate the squad to the top spot.

Keep it up Sky, you're doing a fine job [emoji16]

Well they up to 5th - knocking on the door, be getting altitude sickness.  :o

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2020, 05:26:43 pm »

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2020, 06:26:17 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/s0OiDkxj4KI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/s0OiDkxj4KI</a>
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 06:37:43 pm by beardsleyismessimk1 »
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2020, 06:33:19 pm »
Individually you see those young players and think it's good (for them) that they are getting game time and look decent to various extents but a club of Utd stature going down this route and using these lads as an excuse for poor and inconsistent results is a cop out.

It's a nice thought believing these players will all keep exponentially improving at the same rate and all become top class in 5 years but the reality will be different. Managerial changes, injuries, form, failure to kick on etc.

I think their fans have lowered their standards so much now and have become so fed up with wasters on big wages, they happily will watch young players giving their all and through rose-tinted glasses have convinced themselves they're greater than they are. God knows we did it with plenty of lads of the years.

Remind you of a certain site's transfer forum until recently?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2020, 06:33:21 pm »
Let's hope this thread is as entertaining as the last one :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2020, 06:39:22 pm »