Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers  (Read 64097 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers
« Reply #480 on: June 9, 2021, 02:46:12 pm »
Under Espirito Sancho they looked like they had a fair chance at establishing themselves as an upper/stable mid-table Premier League side,
I think you'll find that Espirito Sancho is Old Trafford bound, shortly followed by the rest of him. ;)

I agree that Wolves are a racket - in their way as much of a racket as City or Chelsea, but with better PR
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #481 on: June 9, 2021, 02:58:36 pm »
I think you'll find that Espirito Sancho is Old Trafford bound, shortly followed by the rest of him. ;)

I agree that Wolves are a racket - in their way as much of a racket as City or Chelsea, but with better PR

Haha, honestly, I even looked his name up because I was going to go with something like 'Esperito Sanchez' to begin with ;D  I must have spent the last few years just winging-it when I've referred to him out loud ;D

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: June 9, 2021, 03:45:33 pm »
So, the appointment of Bruno Lage has been confirmed today:

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/1402551039337902080

I must admit, I know absolutely nothing about Lage but for the couple of minutes I've just spent on his Wikipedia page.  Looks like he's spent a long time cutting his teeth in youth/backroom roles, before winning the title (impressively) as caretaker in 2018-19 but bombing in 2019-20 and getting sacked.  Nothing against the bloke, but it stinks of nepotism and I'd be a bit concerned if I were a Wolves supporter...

Under Espirito Sancho they looked like they had a fair chance at establishing themselves as an upper/stable mid-table Premier League side, with barely any concerns about needing to look over their shoulder (some relief for the supporters, who've probably been through it a bit in the last 20 years!).  Feels a bit like their bubble could be about to burst.

He'll last a season then we'll never hear from him again. Don't think they're in danger of going down or anything but, at least as things stand, can't see them doing much more than they did last season.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: January 22, 2022, 08:06:08 pm »
They are making a late move for Top 4. They will be 3 above Westham if they win 2 matches in hand.
Big match mext as they are playing at home vs Arsenal.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #484 on: January 22, 2022, 10:12:01 pm »
They are building up steam for sure. I like their new manager, he’s got them playing better than Nuno ever did and they still have Neto to return.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: May 22, 2022, 06:21:30 pm »
I hope they go down next season. 2 pts in last 6 matches and they play their teeth out against us.
Where was this teamwork when you folded against City at home you fucking twats?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: May 22, 2022, 06:33:03 pm »
I hope they go down next season. 2 pts in last 6 matches and they play their teeth out against us.

Nobody cares about City. It is what it is.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #487 on: May 22, 2022, 06:38:40 pm »

They defended out their skins against us at Molineux as well. Fucking frauds.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: May 22, 2022, 06:40:29 pm »

They are just another small club. They only show up against the big clubs ...

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: May 22, 2022, 06:40:41 pm »

They did the double over City the other year…

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #490 on: May 22, 2022, 07:13:08 pm »
A game against Abu Dhabi doesn't get the adrenaline going. A game against the most decorated club in English football history does.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #491 on: May 22, 2022, 07:15:21 pm »
Gammons.
AHA!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: May 22, 2022, 09:22:26 pm »
I hope some of the travelling Wolves fans look in here, perhaps register (like other clubs fans have) to explain, because you've done it twice now and I just don't get it.

You've got 2 scenarios:-

1. Man City win a league in a game you have no involvement or particular interest in. They've financed most mediocre teams out of buying a decent player with state oil money. The country that owns them would kill some of you or your family members or best mates who are gay. Your offer to football is to cheer them on from 35 miles away.

2. Your attending a game of which the result doesn't impact you. You have an opportunity to say to your kids and your mates I was there when Liverpool won the league, it was bouncing, the atmosphere was electric. It was a fucking treat to witness it and in particular to see Liverpool deprive those sports washing homophobic c*nts. I'll never forget that day, Anfield is a unique place. Seeing the PL trophy was actually boss.

You choose 1, twice.
Why? Honestly why. Why wouldn't you want to be at an historical event which will never happen to you but you have an ideal opportunity to witness. And be part of. To make incredible noise at a joyous occasion.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #493 on: May 23, 2022, 10:16:52 am »
I hope some of the travelling Wolves fans look in here, perhaps register (like other clubs fans have) to explain, because you've done it twice now and I just don't get it.

1. Man City win a league in a game you have no involvement or particular interest in. They've financed most mediocre teams out of buying a decent player with state oil money. The country that owns them would kill some of you or your family members or best mates who are gay. Your offer to football is to cheer them on from 35 miles away.

2. Your attending a game of which the result doesn't impact you. You have an opportunity to say to your kids and your mates I was there when Liverpool won the league, it was bouncing, the atmosphere was electric. It was a fucking treat to witness it and in particular to see Liverpool deprive those sports washing homophobic c*nts. I'll never forget that day, Anfield is a unique place. Seeing the PL trophy was actually boss.

You choose 1, twice.
Why? Honestly why. Why wouldn't you want to be at an historical event which will never happen to you but you have an ideal opportunity to witness. And be part of. To make incredible noise at a joyous occasion.

John, I think they're fucking thick mate, I really do. the sort of dickheads for whom nothing is off limits in the name of the dreaded banter.
I think I posted in here a year or so ago after they were singing about poverty. I made the point that at the end of some business event I'd been to in Wolverhampton there was an appeal on behalf of the biggest local foodbank which was running low on supplies. part of the appeal was explaining the levels of poverty and deprivation around their City.

Then yesterday singing GSTQ thinking it would annoy us, even though they're not capable of processsing why we boo it.

The people of places like Wolverhampton should be with us in fighting social injustice, but instead they are more than happy to be divided and conquered. Well done Wolves fans, useful idiots to the establishment and their fee - being made to feel superior to those scumbag scousers. Even though they've got fuck all to be superior about. The kick down theory writ large.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #494 on: May 23, 2022, 10:19:25 am »

You choose 1, twice.

Or even

3. I was there at Anfield to witness Wolves stop that Liverpool team completing the quad, fucking terrific we were that day with nothing to play for. Just you know...cheer for your own team, because they actually did really well yesterday. But gloating about Man City winning the league instead? Insanity, and a sad reflection of football in this country.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: May 23, 2022, 10:29:09 am »
Nobody cares about City. It is what it is.

Yep.  City are just a nothing club, much tougher to get motivated for I guess.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: May 23, 2022, 10:31:55 am »

You choose 1, twice.

It's football/society banter. They want to laugh and goad and take the piss out of us. That's far more fun than showing respect or celebrating themselves.

They all can't wait, it's not just Wolves. I've had United, Spurs, Watford(!), Chelsea, Brighton fans all at it to me too (and Everton, of course). I don't even think it's about hatred of Liverpool (maybe I'm wrong) but I actually just think it's what people think football 'rivalry' is.

I think any fair summary of our season so far is fuck me, you've won two trophys and played in every game possible and could still win the league with 15 mins to go of the last game. Even without any reference to how good City are or the origin of their quality. But no, opposing fans stick their arms out wide in the air and go "ARRRRRRRRRR" at us, collectively.

It's hard to block it out at times like this because it's so raw for us but I think that's all you can try and do. Comfort yourselves in how good we are and how much we've achieved.

Wolverhampton Wanderers will never have a season like we've had/are having. End of.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: May 23, 2022, 10:34:03 am »
Respectfully, wanting admiration, adoration or at least respect from a team like wolves is sounding a bit “
Pep “why don’t they love us” guardiola.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: May 23, 2022, 10:35:18 am »
I honestly blame early 10's comedy for elevating the idea of "lads banter!" to the populace, who have lapped it up gladly.

Now everything (not just football but particularly in Football with it being classified as a "Lads" activity along with drinking and "pulling") is about a toxic idea of revealing in other people's misfortune, or ridiculing anything which breaks the norm of the "lad" as being weird of "poofy". Big brands like Sky Sports and Talksport have leaned into it as well with their presenting style and their message.

Certain sets of fans are just thick enough to believe this is the height of comedy and wit, and so why they do stuff like that, or sing about poverty, or sing GSTQ they think they are the smartest, funniest people in the stadium.

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: May 23, 2022, 10:44:10 am »
Or even

3. I was there at Anfield to witness Wolves stop that Liverpool team completing the quad, fucking terrific we were that day with nothing to play for. Just you know...cheer for your own team, because they actually did really well yesterday. But gloating about Man City winning the league instead? Insanity, and a sad reflection of football in this country.

That's football support these days though, isn't it? I saw an Arsenal fan on Facebook mocking us with 'Stevie slipped again...' Imagine supporting an Arsenal team that just monumentally fucked up finishing 4th (and lost out to their biggest rivals), only to think you have a right to laugh at Liverpool who are an infinitely better team than yours, have won two cups, are in the final of the Champions League and narrowly missed out on finishing 1st against the biggest sportswashers in football history.

But 'banter' is the religion of the humourless.   
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #500 on: May 23, 2022, 10:53:20 am »
That's football support these days though, isn't it? I saw an Arsenal fan on Facebook mocking us with 'Stevie slipped again...' Imagine supporting an Arsenal team that just monumentally fucked up finishing 4th (and lost out to their biggest rivals), only to think you have a right to laugh at Liverpool who are an infinitely better team than yours, have won two cups, are in the final of the Champions League and narrowly missed out on finishing 1st against the biggest sportswashers in football history.

Of course it is, but its just sad.

I've got a bloke on Facebook who is a United fan, been silent for months, and then yesterday puts up a status about us thinking we'd won the league (I'm not sure we ever did, did we?). Just consider that for a second. Two decades of absolute domestic dominance. The teams who played a big part in stopping that are sports washing, murderous regimes. A manager crowing about 'knocking Liverpool off their perch' and here we are less then a decade later and they've become worse than Everton, supporting the very team who have cost them themselves multiple league titles through open cheating.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Koplass

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: May 23, 2022, 11:05:49 am »
Of course it is, but its just sad.

I've got a bloke on Facebook who is a United fan, been silent for months, and then yesterday puts up a status about us thinking we'd won the league (I'm not sure we ever did, did we?). Just consider that for a second. Two decades of absolute domestic dominance. The teams who played a big part in stopping that are sports washing, murderous regimes. A manager crowing about 'knocking Liverpool off their perch' and here we are less then a decade later and they've become worse than Everton, supporting the very team who have cost them themselves multiple league titles through open cheating.

I get it more with United fans but when you support Arsenal or Wolves, you're nothing to do with Liverpool. Chances are, if City had lost to Villa they'd be crowing about that too. It's just such a weird mentality.

If Liverpool were 8th and Wolves were fighting it out with, say, Brighton to win the league - would we care? Would we be singing 'you almost won the league' at the Molineux? And cheering whenever Brighton scored? No, because that's a really weird thing to do about a result that doesn't concern you or your rivals. But that's what banter culture is, it's really weird. In this case, it's hanging on the coat tails of a team that has nothing to do with you, to get some fleeting, reflected glory.

Whatever makes them happy I guess.  :o
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #502 on: May 23, 2022, 11:08:18 am »

Great line but would add ‘and the unoriginal’.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: May 23, 2022, 11:26:25 am »
I get it more with United fans but when you support Arsenal or Wolves, you're nothing to do with Liverpool. Chances are, if City had lost to Villa they'd be crowing about that too. It's just such a weird mentality.

If Liverpool were 8th and Wolves were fighting it out with, say, Brighton to win the league - would we care? Would we be singing 'you almost won the league' at the Molineux? And cheering whenever Brighton scored? No, because that's a really weird thing to do about a result that doesn't concern you or your rivals. But that's what banter culture is, it's really weird. In this case, it's hanging on the coat tails of a team that has nothing to do with you, to get some fleeting, reflected glory.

Arsenal, lost out on the top 4 after being favourites. Everton, just escaped relegation. Wolves - just nothing really. No one thinks in terms of not chucking stones if you live in a glass house any more. The irony is they are mocking being up there and challenging without any introspection.

It's a bit like Chelsea fans mocking Gerrard, despite their hero, England's brave, actually losing a European Cup final due to the very thing they mock Gerrard for.

Perhaps hitting out makes them feel a bit better about their own failure. It may well do, but the price is that it makes them look like a bunch of hypocritical tossers.

Online Koplass

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: May 23, 2022, 11:34:05 am »
Great line but would add ‘and the unoriginal’.

Haha! Spot on.

Online Koplass

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: May 23, 2022, 11:41:29 am »
Arsenal, lost out on the top 4 after being favourites. Everton, just escaped relegation. Wolves - just nothing really. No one thinks in terms of not chucking stones if you live in a glass house any more. The irony is they are mocking being up there and challenging without any introspection.

It's a bit like Chelsea fans mocking Gerrard, despite their hero, England's brave, actually losing a European Cup final due to the very thing they mock Gerrard for.

Perhaps hitting out makes them feel a bit better about their own failure. It may well do, but the price is that it makes them look like a bunch of hypocritical tossers.

This is such a good point, especially the bit about John Terry. Can you imagine if we'd spent 8 years singing about John Terry's slip?? It's really, really odd that they think of Gerrard's slip as a highlight in their own club's history, they sing about it more than their European Cup wins.

But like you say, it must get them through their own failure (maybe the failure to sign Gerrard after they threw themselves at him?)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #506 on: May 23, 2022, 12:07:18 pm »
Football fans have all become about getting one over on the other team. Whether it's a rival or not, they don't care. They just want to laugh at someone or try and wind them up for some reason. It's why we get the gerrard chants, the chants about feeding the scousers and sign on. It's all brain dead nonsense they use to make themselves seem dead funny and like they are getting one over us.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #507 on: May 23, 2022, 12:17:26 pm »
Football fans have all become about getting one over on the other team. Whether it's a rival or not, they don't care. They just want to laugh at someone or try and wind them up for some reason. It's why we get the gerrard chants, the chants about feeding the scousers and sign on. It's all brain dead nonsense they use to make themselves seem dead funny and like they are getting one over us.

I don't get the mocking a team that's actually won something i mean how can you do it if your teams had a poor season and now won anything it doesn't make sense
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: May 23, 2022, 02:17:56 pm »
I think other fans take the piss out of us as there are more Liverpool fans about. They know they're quite safe from a City fan taking the piss out of them in person as they are genuinely few and far between. If you ignore social media which as you'd expect is full of a lot of foreign City fans glory hunting and kids you're quite free to goad an avoid any banter back
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: May 23, 2022, 02:18:28 pm »

Yeah you're spot on, as ever.

Takes a special type of no-mark to think that singing the national anthem is edgy or subversive or gonna get under our skin - it's just a dirge of a song about generations of a family inbreeding, empire and a made up deity, if you guys wanna be weird about it go ahead but we'll sing songs about our team.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: May 23, 2022, 03:07:56 pm »

I think it's a product of the age we live in. Look at social media generally. It seems everybody has a deep-seated need to matter. A need to be heard and be noticed.

I think this crosses over into all aspects of life, with football fandom being just one. It's not surprising when you think about it. Look at the Premier League. There is only one legitimate club with a chance of winning it (Liverpool) and two sportswashes (Abu Dhabi and possibly Putin FC). The rest have no chance. Look at the cups too. Unless it's a freak season, it's going to be one of a very small number of clubs that will win those too. So, there is only a very few clubs and sportswashes that are ever going to win anything now, yet everyone still needs to feel that they matter, and naturally so.

Everton are irrelevant in the modern game. Even Man United are barely relevant now. Traditionally big clubs with no real stake in anything anymore. Massive clubs like Arsenal not even making top four because two sportswashes are cuckooing the top four nest. There will be a third cuckoo in the top four nest soon enough too, in Saudicastle.

Everyone needs to feel they and their club matters, but in the scheme of things the overwhelming majority are simply making up the numbers and surviving off crumbs now. Where does that leave their fanbases? Well it sees them having to live vicariously through others. The likes of the Mancs, the Bitters etc feel like they've still got a horse in the race if they piggyback on and live vicariously through the sportswashers.

Wolves have no stake in the title or the cups. Neither do Everton. Very few actually do anymore. But by piggybacking and vicariously living, they attach themselves to a dog in a fight that doesn't concern them. Suddenly, they feel relevant again in some rather pathetic way.

It's the same as babies crying for attention. If they don't get attention by being good, they'll spit the dummy and stamp their feet until they get noticed. In a day and age where everyone is desperate to matter and be noticed, football fans do the exact same thing when their clubs do no more than make up the numbers. They act like twats to gain the attention that their clubs and their football cannot bring them. Everton are possibly the biggest example of this. A fanbase that has willfully descended into feral behaviour and vicarious living in order to claw back some relevance in a world where they currently have none.

So few clubs (and sportswashes) genuinely have a stake in actually lifting trophies now, so the rest are left scraping around in the dirt looking for relevance. One way is to simply be obnoxious twats, and they do that by picking a dog in a fight that doesn't concern them in the slightest, then attaching themselves to it like parasites.

The 'banter culture' allows the irrelevant to feel relevant. It's all about saying "look at us, we still matter, we still have influence" when the reality is they actually don't, and they are just background static.

If Abu Dhabi had drawn or lost yesterday, Villa fans would have taunted them about it. If wolves were playing at the Emptyhad instead, and got a draw or win, they'd have taunted Abu Dhabi too. Neither have any love for Liverpool, nor we them. That's how it would have panned out though.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:11:03 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #511 on: May 23, 2022, 03:25:33 pm »
I think other fans take the piss out of us as there are more Liverpool fans about. They know they're quite safe from a City fan taking the piss out of them in person as they are genuinely few and far between. If you ignore social media which as you'd expect is full of a lot of foreign City fans glory hunting and kids you're quite free to goad an avoid any banter back

Yeah, I've seen loads of weirdos on social media saying "thank God the Scousers lost, it's all we'd have heard about if they'd won" - quite why it seems other teams' fans don't celebrate winning I don't know but there we go. But basically what these people mean is they know Liverpool fans but don't know any City fans so can blank it out easier.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: May 23, 2022, 03:41:26 pm »
Yeah, I've seen loads of weirdos on social media saying "thank God the Scousers lost, it's all we'd have heard about if they'd won" - quite why it seems other teams' fans don't celebrate winning I don't know but there we go. But basically what these people mean is they know Liverpool fans but don't know any City fans so can blank it out easier.
We live in a very strange little country where so many begrudge seeing others enjoying themselves.

We actually enjoy winning. We don't celebrate failure, and that rubs a lot up the wrong way.

Abu Dhabi 'success' is easy to bypass. Liverpool are local, regional, national, international and global though, so our success is hard to ignore, as are our celebrations. Wherever you live, there will be Liverpool fans. That cannot be said about any other English club bar Man United.

This Abu Dhabi title purchase will be forgotten about by this weekend. No one will have to hear about it after that. It's easy to ignore, easy to bypass. Few people will even personally know an Abu Dhabi apologist, so won't have to suffer their celebrations.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: May 23, 2022, 04:08:00 pm »
I'm not surprised at all by their goading us. Its what football fans do for 90 minutes each week.

Many away fans are working class people, who see it as a probable release from rinse and repeat workday environment where they can just (for the majority) just go out for a couple of hours, let off some steam, and if that means goading a couple of thousand scousers, or any opponent fan, then so much the better.

Most mid table fans see the top 6 as rich and are always going to be a target for ANYTHING that riles them. For the majority then I dont really care - let them have their moment rubbing our noses in it. I've sang "going down going down" many a time throughout the years to teams that are nowhere near us in  footballing or monetary terms.

The only exception I have is when fans bring in tragedies about it. That's a line too far and I'll always call that out.

I'd suggest that most fans out of the top 6 dont care where the money comes from. There are 6 rich teams that dwarf them who effectively pick up whatever players they want and leave them the rest to fight over. They class them all as the same. I'd doubt very much if more than a few of them care where the top 6 teams money come from - they all just use it to get what they want.

"Why shouldn't City lord it over Liverpool in the transfer market? Its what Liverpool do to us."

A few old school will probably care, but not enough to let it bother them too much on their days out. Even fewer of them will actually be interested in Der Spiegel revelations and financial manipulations that can barely be followed by trained accountants.

Like I say. They're at Anfield to support their team against one of the most powerful and rich clubs in world football. If they upset a few of us by revelling in our misfortune then it doesn't really bother me that much.

I'm pretty sure they'd have been goading City if they'd been there and we were winning it.

I wish a lot more people would see the bigger picture, but your average fan isn't arsed or interested in who owns City and what they get up to. Most of them would be delighted if they had the opportunity. Can you see anyone not accepting Newcastle's lottery win.

But I don't begrudge Wolves fans their moment in the sun to goad us.

The wankers!!

« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 04:10:20 pm by blert596 »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: May 23, 2022, 05:00:22 pm »
I don't give a fuck about their fans. It'd be nice if they actually tried a leg at home to City last week. If they put the same effort in as yesterday they might have got something.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: May 23, 2022, 05:00:51 pm »
Exactly that to be honest.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: May 23, 2022, 05:01:59 pm »
Neto is some player if he stays injury free.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: May 23, 2022, 05:04:20 pm »
Neto is some player if he stays injury free.

May have saved the game for us him going off with the chances they were creating. That Hwang who came on was awful.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: May 23, 2022, 05:12:43 pm »

I don't think anyone was upset, although can only speak for myself.

Just find the whole thing a bit odd to be honest. When I go to aways I support my team. Yeah occasionally we have a back and forth with the opposition songs, but I've always found the idea of going away to watch your team but spending the game looking at the opposition crowd as opposed to getting behind your team weird to me.

Not sure about the class aspect playing any role at all (or that it particularly holds up as much, these days). I've always just been a bit bemused seeing grown adults think they're getting a reaction to some of their shit attempts to rile people up. Like even the more loathsome poverty driven stuff - noones ever been 'got' by that, they just make themselves look like a bunch of idiots

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: May 23, 2022, 06:01:22 pm »
If Wolves were playing away at City and it was us that turned it around to win the league they'd have done the same. All part of the 'banter'.

If it was two clubs battling for the title/relegation or whatever who we didnt have a rivalry with then we wouldn't give a fuck. It's that culture of oneupmanship. I remember Sunderland fans were unpopular with united when they did similar when Aguero scored at the end in the other game.