Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 146490 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Spiders....
« Reply #1680 on: October 13, 2019, 01:21:53 pm »
Well, they might as well make a night of it.

Steady on Rose.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1681 on: October 13, 2019, 05:08:43 pm »
Well, they might as well make a night of it.
:o

<<< *makes note "do not date jillc"
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1682 on: October 13, 2019, 05:11:27 pm »
:o

<<< *makes note "do not date jillc"

Indeed.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1683 on: October 13, 2019, 05:37:44 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1684 on: October 13, 2019, 05:38:58 pm »
Yesterday there was just the big one and the legs of the small one left, and today the big ones gone. Probably setting up home in my damp ridden wine cellar.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1685 on: October 13, 2019, 07:15:53 pm »
A lad i know killed a spider once.After he killed it,he went to bed and other Spiders turned up later on whilst he was asleep.They ended up attacking him.Eating half of one of his feet and a bit of his nose..

Turns out that when they die they leave a smell that only other spiders can smell for miles around,and if you have this smell on you,they will feast

Poor bastards never been the same.
Sounds like a movie, it probably is, but if it isn't, you should make it. I'd watch it, and I know the ending.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #1686 on: October 14, 2019, 12:13:59 pm »
Not spider related, but I've got a problem with slugs in my house.  I don't know where they're coming in, but there's always trails on the living room carpet, kitchen worktop etc.  I've caught a few f*ckers lounging around too.  Tried salt, poison, everything.

Anyway, I made a spag bol on Saturday night.  Drained the pasta in a colander, put it in a big bowl and poured the bolognese sauce over it.  Settled town to eat, had a few mouthfuls, then looked down and saw the biggest slug you've ever seen mixed within the pasta and sauce. 

I've been put off spag bol for life now.  And I'm planning on moving house very soon!  :puke2

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1687 on: October 14, 2019, 01:54:18 pm »
Not spider related, but I've got a problem with slugs in my house.  I don't know where they're coming in, but there's always trails on the living room carpet, kitchen worktop etc.  I've caught a few f*ckers lounging around too.  Tried salt, poison, everything.

Anyway, I made a spag bol on Saturday night.  Drained the pasta in a colander, put it in a big bowl and poured the bolognese sauce over it.  Settled town to eat, had a few mouthfuls, then looked down and saw the biggest slug you've ever seen mixed within the pasta and sauce. 

I've been put off spag bol for life now.  And I'm planning on moving house very soon!  :puke2

They come in under the floor, I always find trails in ours too.

I once shoved my hand inside a box of cereal and hit this massive slug - it all goes in sealed containers now
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1688 on: October 14, 2019, 03:42:11 pm »

I'm just at work at the moment and after seeing a toilet overflowing with nasty pieces of faeces and some food on top, I didn't think I'd come across anything more disgusting but your story has just topped it.  :puke2

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #1689 on: October 14, 2019, 03:44:20 pm »
I'm just at work at the moment and after seeing a toilet overflowing with nasty pieces of faeces and some food on top, I didn't think I'd come across anything more disgusting but your story has just topped it.  :puke2
:wave

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1690 on: October 14, 2019, 03:48:56 pm »
Obviously didn’t season the mince properly
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: October 14, 2019, 04:07:07 pm »
So important to remember that peacock spiders are less than a centimetre across.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d_yYC5r8xMI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d_yYC5r8xMI</a>
I think those little jumping spiders are the coolest things. They seem rather tame, and they are fun to watch as they patrol around. I understand how people can be in a tizzy over tarantulas, huntsmen, etc, but jumping spiders rule. :thumbup
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1692 on: October 14, 2019, 04:39:15 pm »
Daddy longlegs and small house spiders are sound, don’t bother me..  soon I see one with hair on it I feel an icy shudder all over.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 04:40:52 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: October 18, 2019, 04:32:00 pm »
They come in under the floor, I always find trails in ours too.

I once shoved my hand inside a box of cereal and hit this massive slug - it all goes in sealed containers now

Should have chucked a spider in there with it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1694 on: October 18, 2019, 04:45:16 pm »
I think those little jumping spiders are the coolest things. They seem rather tame, and they are fun to watch as they patrol around. I understand how people can be in a tizzy over tarantulas, huntsmen, etc, but jumping spiders rule. :thumbup

Yeah.  Jumping spiders can be cute. :)

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: December 4, 2019, 03:15:24 pm »
Very festive.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1696 on: December 7, 2019, 12:37:45 am »
Anyone seen that Huntsman colony picture - Jesus Christ

Can't post it here as the credit was from The Scum Twat Bastard Shithouse C*ntstain paper

On deeper investigation credit is Bush Heritage Australia - however that above was associated
« Last Edit: December 7, 2019, 12:41:16 am by nuts100 »

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1697 on: December 8, 2019, 01:27:56 am »
A thousand thundering thrills await me
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #1698 on: December 8, 2019, 03:04:03 am »
Very festive.  ;D
Haha

Don't mind the wee bastids, unless they sneak up on ya, like any bug i suppose

I miss my wing mirror spider/s, when smoking always tried to flick away from their webs cos they did not like it, theyd come out straight away and flick off the ash, basically saying WTF dude.. and if they were out sunbathing or watevers they always scampered back into their nest and buckled up when i started the engine cos they knew they were going for a wee trip
YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1699 on: December 8, 2019, 10:09:43 am »
A thousand thundering thrills await me

The female of the species is more deadlier than the male?

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #1700 on: December 8, 2019, 10:22:17 am »
Yeah.  Jumping spiders can be cute. :)

As a kid I was fascinated by them, the mottled grey variety used to be quite common in our garden back in L12 during the summer time, and I would sometimes just sit and watch them for a while as they patrolled around the hot paving slabs doing their thing.

I recall reading somewhere back then that they use their palps, that's the two furry bits it's waggling at the front, to signal to each other rather like a flag semaphore message or even deaf and dumb signing and that it's complex and yet to be decoded which made me wonder if maybe sometimes they are trying to talk to us too?
« Last Edit: December 8, 2019, 10:24:25 am by The Gulleysucker »
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1701 on: December 8, 2019, 10:50:50 pm »
The female of the species is more deadlier than the male?
:-X

I used to get spider library books and leave them randomly open in different rooms in my flat so I would see the picture.
In the past I've used this thread similarly.
It does work a bit.
Apparently, too, keen spider spotters sometimes need to take a big breath when they come across a large one unexpectedly.

Oricum, it's 'deadlier', or 'more deadly'.

By the way, oricum was just me showing off my new Romanian language skills for no reason at all.

And it has right now occurred that you may have been using 'more deadlier' deliberately, but not as a lure to catch fish, rather as a web.  :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1702 on: December 8, 2019, 11:22:46 pm »
I was just quoting a Space lyric which I think is what paisley was doing to.

But thanks for the lesson. Did you leave the books open for others to see and be scared by? You monster!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1704 on: December 9, 2019, 12:02:04 pm »
Christ. And they’re just the baby ones presumably. Burn that fucker to the ground!

Nope, just read it. They’re of all ages, just blissfully co-habitant and plotting the demise of the human population. Lovely.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2019, 12:05:11 pm by OLD SAINT NICK'S GOT BIG SNOWY BALLS »

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: December 9, 2019, 05:33:32 pm »
I was just quoting a Space lyric which I think is what paisley was doing to.

But thanks for the lesson. Did you leave the books open for others to see and be scared by? You monster!

Is that the actual lyric, haven't heard that song for ages  :)

No, if I did that and my little sister came round she'd beat the crap out me.  :)

Edit: that picture above is terrifying, the bloke who took it must be as scary as they are.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2019, 05:35:21 pm by idontknow »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: December 9, 2019, 05:39:35 pm »
Would you just try and quietly put the lid back on though, or petrol bomb it and hope they don’t survive?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1707 on: December 9, 2019, 08:22:10 pm »
Did you see the huntsmans (correct term, I read the article) on In a Celebrity crawling over Jacqueline’s head? Horrible, you can picture them doing that while people are sleeping. How I survived 9 months in Australia I have no idea.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1708 on: December 9, 2019, 08:28:55 pm »
Did you see the huntsmans (correct term, I read the article) on In a Celebrity crawling over Jacqueline’s head? Horrible, you can picture them doing that while people are sleeping. How I survived 9 months in Australia I have no idea.

What about where she had to hold one in her mouth? She's terrified of spiders, so they dump 50 on her head then make her hold one in her mouth.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1709 on: December 9, 2019, 08:49:29 pm »
That’s what I was talking about. That’s horrific but it’s the other one that casually saunters down her face that really shits me up!

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: December 9, 2019, 09:04:58 pm »
That’s what I was talking about. That’s horrific but it’s the other one that casually saunters down her face that really shits me up!

He's off seeing what his mate is up to.

Just think, they are only babies and fully grown will cover her face

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1711 on: December 9, 2019, 09:37:48 pm »
They must see all the crickets and cockroaches that get added into those trials too and think they’re at their equivalent of a Harvester all you can eat buffet.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1712 on: December 9, 2019, 09:40:19 pm »
They must see all the crickets and cockroaches that get added into those trials too and think they’re at their equivalent of a Harvester all you can eat buffet.

;D

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1713 on: December 10, 2019, 01:00:18 am »
Christ. And they’re just the baby ones presumably. Burn that fucker to the ground!

Nope, just read it. They’re of all ages, just blissfully co-habitant and plotting the demise of the human population. Lovely.

In reality they are plotting the demise of the fly and mosquito populations... and more power to them for that.

If you were out here that long you should have been more aggravated by the shit they eat  ;D

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: December 11, 2019, 08:20:41 pm »

https://www.sciencealert.com/rare-photos-of-jam-packed-huntsman-spider-nest-are-terrifying-but-incredible

You utter c*nt for posting that picture - I'll be having nightmares all over Chrimbo now.

I'm off to compose something suitably racist, sexist, homophobic, and ageist to post, to get this fucking thread shut down forever.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1715 on: December 19, 2019, 03:40:35 pm »

"One Reddit user witnessed just this in Sydney, sharing a picture of the terrifying spectacle along with the caption: "Got home from work to find this Tarantula Hawk wasp carting off a huntsman spider.""

https://www.ladbible.com/news/animals-tarantula-hawk-pictured-preying-on-huge-huntsman-spider-20191219?fbclid=IwAR3KoChtd9NVCWRsHK8WeF20m3TGURrL4jzviBYw3IH6B3M5CcindAV_tC8

--

Australia should have a big fence put round it to stop entry or exit  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1716 on: December 19, 2019, 03:47:46 pm »
Fair play to the wasp to be honest.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1717 on: December 19, 2019, 03:51:08 pm »
Fair play to the wasp to be honest.

Not all hero's wear capes.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1718 on: December 19, 2019, 03:54:55 pm »
I’m on the spiders side there, wasps are bigger c*nts

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1719 on: December 19, 2019, 03:57:49 pm »
I’m on the spiders side there, wasps are bigger c*nts

It’s a bit Alien vs Predator really. But ultimately, the spiders are far more likely to be hiding under your bed so I’m all for the wasps fighting back. And I do t want any smartarse saying you’re more likely to see spiders in your home because they eat all the other pests because I don’t want to hear it!