Author Topic: Chillies  (Read 48520 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Chillies
« Reply #400 on: April 25, 2021, 01:26:05 pm »
I do every year!

Have ordered an F1 Medina plug
Gonna get a few more.. basically my hanging baskets are for chillies now  :D

You hanging them outside or in a conservatory/greenhouse? 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #401 on: April 25, 2021, 01:45:00 pm »
You missed off orangery
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #402 on: April 25, 2021, 01:50:57 pm »

Back garden... was dubious when I did it last year, but they were safe, no nasties got to them, and safe from slugs!

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #403 on: April 28, 2021, 10:59:18 am »
Funny timing - searched for this thread to bump it a few days ago but thought I'd leave it a few days in the hope of some development!

Ordered Maximo Park's latest album a few weeks ago and it arrived with a few pouches of seeds - 12 chilli seeds and 4 tomato seeds.  I don't think I've planted from seed before (or more likely since primary school!), so wasn't for turning down the opportunity.  Just put them in some little sauce pots in the window for now, and I'm keeping the soil moist.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #404 on: June 30, 2021, 02:23:24 pm »
Are the little hard red/brown things on my leaves spider mite eggs?  Everything (from the image above) has been growing really nicely but last night I noticed quite a few leaves had those little bugs/shells on them (not many, and I was able to pick/flick 90% of them off, and a few leaves are clearly being munched by something.  They're outdoors now, in a little grow house.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #405 on: June 8, 2023, 08:13:49 pm »
Tabasco are doing a new hot version

Their scorpion Tobasco has one hell of a kick to it!

https://grocerytrader.co.uk/tabasco-launches-scorpion-pepper-sauce-for-that-extra-sting-in-the-tail/
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: June 10, 2023, 04:51:21 pm »
I am in a flat now and I love it but got no outside to call my own lol

Chillies okay to grow on a windowledge? Catches a fair bit of the sun. Can't open the window though.

Edit: facing west, North west at most, hmm, always though southern facing is best for growing plants
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 04:55:38 pm by ToneLa »

Online ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #407 on: June 11, 2023, 11:01:20 am »
I am in a flat now and I love it but got no outside to call my own lol

Chillies okay to grow on a windowledge? Catches a fair bit of the sun. Can't open the window though.

Edit: facing west, North west at most, hmm, always though southern facing is best for growing plants

yep grown peppers on window cil before albeit south facing window.  south facing best but as long as your get plenty of light they will grow. Just may not get the best crop from them.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: June 11, 2023, 01:26:00 pm »
Cheers

Will keep an eye on much sun my windows get this coming week though they all face the same direction

Might give it a whirl. I've been growing them for years... Just outside