Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’  (Read 47045 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’
« Reply #800 on: February 20, 2021, 09:25:09 pm »
this is your 12th post, not a single one of them between 2018 and 2020 when we were setting the world on fire. Something smells if you ask me

You really must try to hide it better and at least post occasionally when we play well you know

There seems to be a few of those on tonight, I wonder what could have happened today?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: February 20, 2021, 09:25:42 pm »
God listen to you lot

Your minutes away from writing to your local MP or something

‘We’re rubbish’

‘ I was right about this’

Fsg out

Penny pinching

Go and get fkn drunk if all your going to do is bitch

Love this. Just lost at home to our biggest rivals for the first time in two decades in the midst of a catastrophic run of form but yes, god forbid anyone complain or discuss that something may have gone wrong. Have a good evening all.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #802 on: February 20, 2021, 09:26:00 pm »
Oh that’s your suggestion for now then yeah

Let’s get that time machine sorted and we can crack on.

That’s the problem on here. Just agenda after agenda dressed up as something else

Why would you need a time machine. We left ourselves short at the back in the summer and then refused to bring in a centre back at the start of January even with VVD and Gomez out for the season.

FSG thought it was okay to have one fit senior centre back even if that centre back was Matip who simply cannot be relied on and certainly can't play twice a week.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #803 on: February 20, 2021, 09:26:38 pm »
ah but they all know best mate

Way more Embarrassing than the players whove give them the world in the last 3 years 
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: February 20, 2021, 09:27:13 pm »
Why would you need a time machine. We left ourselves short at the back in the summer and then refused to bring in a centre back at the start of January even with VVD and Gomez out for the season.

FSG thought it was okay to have one fit senior centre back even if that centre back was Matip who simply cannot be relied on and certainly can't play twice a week.

Yeah and what good is that now

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #805 on: February 20, 2021, 09:28:41 pm »
I've binned off watching the Premier League live for a while now due to the VAR/refereeing shambles, but I relented today and got a stream on the internet.

Everton usually celebrate a corner at Anfield, so they'll be cockahoop tonight, but my god we made it so easy for them. We've conspired to make the likes of these shitbags, Burnley, West Brom and Brighton look great at Anfield recently. The sad thing is, once the Shite went one-up, I knew we wouldn't score. Honestly, it's like Groundhog Day at Anfield just now.

I don't care if I get given a few days off from the site for saying this, but it's been coming for a while now. Yes, we've been monumentally screwed over by bad luck, VAR and not only incompetent, but also corrupt referees.  Despite that, the players we have are more than good enough and capable enough to trouble the likes of this very ordinary Blueshite side, and the likes of West Brom, Brighton and Burnley.

With the above in mind, I'm now sick to death of us feeling sorry for ourselves. It's about time we grew a pair again and fought like Liverpool should always fight. I'm sick of weak capitulation to no-mark sides who just defend then pick us off.

We should have been simmering with quiet rage today. This shower of utter shite injured two of our best players earlier in the season, and we should have been well up for crushing these into the Anfield turf. What did we see? A weak, powder-puff display which lacked any intensity at all. We are letting shite teams walk into Anfield and waltz out again with results, and it's fucking unforgivable now.

Yes, the club have had unprecedented problems, but the way we are lying down at the moment just stinks the place out.

Stop feeling so sorry for yourselves, Liverpool. Get your fucking chins off the floor and fight like you care.

Maybe I'm in a small minority here, but I'm sick of the woe-is-me and the navel-gazing at the club at the moment.

We need to grow a backbone once more, because rolling over for every dogshit side that rolls into Anfield these days is simply not acceptable.

Couldn’t agree more.

We’ve lost 4 games at Anfield in a row in the league. I love Klopp to bits and I hope he never leaves but fucking hell I can’t even remember that run of results in other dark periods.

The injuries have been unprecedented and we always knew the wankstains who pretend to officiate will find ways in every game to screw us over. But we played a team who ended our best player’s season and put another one out for 3 months. We’ve made that prick Pickford look like a golden glove winner in waiting and let that spineless thug score the first goal. We lack fight and leadership right now. We’re too nice. That was a derby and screw this shite that the first game was in the past. We needed to send a message and instead we’ve let them waltz into Anfield and leave with one of the easiest derbies they’ve had in years. The injuries aren’t a reason why Bobby Firmino’s shots on a goal are reminiscent of a ten-pin bowl or why Alexander Arnold putting in cross after cross and not looking like finding one of our players in the last 2500 attempts. Or Mané and Salah losing the ball countless times in the final 3rd.

I don’t want much of anything at this point. CL seems a far stretch so I’m not even thinking of that but it’s about time we stopped losing games at Anfield.
YWNA

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #806 on: February 20, 2021, 09:29:38 pm »
Yeah and what good is that now

The issue is that there were hordes of posters lining up to defend FSG when the window was open and they did nothing to back Klopp.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #807 on: February 20, 2021, 09:30:55 pm »
this is your 12th post, not a single one of them between 2018 and 2020 when we were setting the world on fire. Something smells if you ask me

You really must try to hide it better and at least post occasionally when we play well you know

Fair point, but there are reasons behind my lack of posts. I look forward to posting in more positive times!

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: February 20, 2021, 09:31:32 pm »
Gini playing like a man that doesn’t want to be here anymore.

Not saying you're wrong, it's your opinion but I think he's been pretty consistent.  I think we'll miss him when hes gone.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #809 on: February 20, 2021, 09:31:34 pm »
The issue is that there were hordes of posters lining up to defend FSG when the window was open and they did nothing to back Klopp.

But it is not black and white

You can be critical of FSG but at the same time realise there is a pandemic and realise that it was unlikely we would spend big money on a CB
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: February 20, 2021, 09:32:11 pm »

Yes I understand that

How many more times do you need to be told FSG are not sugar daddies throwing money about like the slave owners at city

You dont like that. I get it. I don’t either particularly

But that’s who we’ve got and they’re a site better than the tumours

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #811 on: February 20, 2021, 09:32:35 pm »
An influence, but not as much as an influence as utterly inept performances.
So you think what we are going through is manageable? It’s bonkers what’s going on.

So what’s your reasoning then?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: February 20, 2021, 09:32:40 pm »
We have had plenty of mitigating circumstances and horrendous luck. But we cannot just accept this and then lose 4 fucking home games in a row. We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and do much better.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #813 on: February 20, 2021, 09:33:07 pm »
Remember when we came out gloating in the press after the 31st of January about how good we are at the fact we got 2 CB in for £2.5million.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #814 on: February 20, 2021, 09:34:00 pm »
We have had plenty of mitigating circumstances and horrendous luck. But we cannot just accept this and then lose 4 fucking home games in a row. We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and do much better.

do you think the team is feeling sorry for themselves? Genuine question, as I have no idea! 

I know a lot of fans are, but that doesnt matter.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: February 20, 2021, 09:34:06 pm »
Not saying you're wrong, it's your opinion but I think he's been pretty consistent.  I think we'll miss him when hes gone.

No I don’t think we will. We need to refresh the squad a bit and it’s right that he goes.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #816 on: February 20, 2021, 09:34:36 pm »
Couldn’t agree more.

We’ve lost 4 games at Anfield in a row in the league. I love Klopp to bits and I hope he never leaves but fucking hell I can’t even remember that run of results in other dark periods.

The injuries have been unprecedented and we always knew the wankstains who pretend to officiate will find ways in every game to screw us over. But we played a team who ended our best player’s season and put another one out for 3 months. We’ve made that prick Pickford look like a golden glove winner in waiting and let that spineless thug score the first goal. We lack fight and leadership right now. We’re too nice. That was a derby and screw this shite that the first game was in the past. We needed to send a message and instead we’ve let them waltz into Anfield and leave with one of the easiest derbies they’ve had in years. The injuries aren’t a reason why Bobby Firmino’s shots on a goal are reminiscent of a ten-pin bowl or why Alexander Arnold putting in cross after cross and not looking like finding one of our players in the last 2500 attempts. Or Mané and Salah losing the ball countless times in the final 3rd.

I don’t want much of anything at this point. CL seems a far stretch so I’m not even thinking of that but it’s about time we stopped losing games at Anfield.

Trent was our best player by miles today and put some real quality balls in today.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: February 20, 2021, 09:36:24 pm »
do you think the team is feeling sorry for themselves? Genuine question, as I have no idea! 

It looks like they are. Hardly any aggression, hardly any hounding of the ref, no urgency in their play, we don’t score a goal in a small spell then it’s like they go back into their shell.

It must be hard with players getting injured but today we just have it away so, so easily.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #818 on: February 20, 2021, 09:36:44 pm »
Trent was our best player by miles today and put some real quality balls in today.

Thank fuck - I honestly thought I was going mad. At least if it’s true there are two of us.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #819 on: February 20, 2021, 09:36:54 pm »
So you think what we are going through is manageable? It’s bonkers what’s going on.

So what’s your reasoning then?

No, not unmanageable, but also not due to bad officiating. Let’s not be bad losers.

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: February 20, 2021, 09:37:11 pm »
We can talk about VAR.
We can talk about injuries.
We can talk about low blocks.
We can talk about lack of signings,
We can talk about inspired goalkeeping...

But we had more than enough chances to score today and our composure when and where it matters was atrocious.  We can say the same about other games where we have lost recently.  We put our chances away and we win games, maybe 2-1.  We had far more possession in the opposition box and more chances than Everton but couldn’t put them away.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:41:15 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #821 on: February 20, 2021, 09:38:40 pm »
No, not unmanageable, but also not due to bad officiating. Let’s not be bad losers.

We have every right to call out match officials when they make a total balls up of both Derbies this season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #822 on: February 20, 2021, 09:38:47 pm »
But it is not black and white

You can be critical of FSG but at the same time realise there is a pandemic and realise that it was unlikely we would spend big money on a CB

Summer of 2019 pre-pandemic we spent nothing. We brought in £47m from player sales and brought in two kids for the academy.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: February 20, 2021, 09:39:15 pm »
Thank fuck - I honestly thought I was going mad. At least if it’s true there are two of us.

Trent was solid and committed today, good game in anyone’s books.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #824 on: February 20, 2021, 09:39:35 pm »

Yep.

Trent is doing what he's always done. Things have changed around him. He's now playing balls into packed boxes and the forwards don't seem to be as proactive as they have been.

He played a wonderful ball right through the 6 yard box today and no one took the gamble. He's done it several times since had got his form back.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: February 20, 2021, 09:39:53 pm »
Love this. Just lost at home to our biggest rivals for the first time in two decades in the midst of a catastrophic run of form but yes, god forbid anyone complain or discuss that something may have gone wrong. Have a good evening all.

Yes because some of its fucking Embarrasing making a bad day worse with completely over the top statements

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: February 20, 2021, 09:40:34 pm »
What? Lol

Mane’s had his hairline done. Sounds crazy but my theory is that it affects form. I can’t remember a player playing well whilst this has happened. Andros Townsend was like a new player when he got his done, season he scored that worldie volley vs City. Shaqiri went missing and I remember Wayne Rooney’s form falling off a cliff when he got his done.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #827 on: February 20, 2021, 09:41:23 pm »
We have every right to call out match officials when they make a total balls up of both Derbies this season.
[/

Agree completely with regard to the first derby. But let’s not create a false narrative to mask other weaknesses.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #828 on: February 20, 2021, 09:41:43 pm »
Yep.

Trent is doing what he's always done. Things have changed around him. He's now playing balls into packed boxes and the forwards don't seem to be as proactive as they have been.

He played a wonderful ball right through the 6 yard box today and no one took the gamble. He's done it several times since had got his form back.

The one thing he isn't doing is getting to cross early against a retreating defence. That is down to how long we take to get the ball forward.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: February 20, 2021, 09:41:46 pm »
We can talk about VAR.

But we had more than enough chances to score today and our composure when and where it matters was atrocious.  We can say the same about other games where we gave list recently.  We put our chances away and we win games, maybe 2-1.  We had far more possession in the opposition box and more chances than Everton but couldn’t put them away.

And that isn’t down to the pandemic or the defence really. That’s a consequence of failing to add another option in there when we should have done it, the summer after we won the CL. We should be in a position to faze Firmino out of the front 3 now but we’re not because we sat on our hands and allowed a front 3 to begin to move towards declinable ages at the same time. Maybe this is a blip and they’ll be back but it’s beginning to look a lot like a trajectory.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #830 on: February 20, 2021, 09:41:47 pm »
Just imagine if we won the European Cup after all of this.

Well, lets look at history  :D  Liverpool had a really bad season in 1980-81 while they were champions and finished 5th in the league. But we won the European cup - who knows what the future holds. 

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: February 20, 2021, 09:42:18 pm »
No I don’t think we will. We need to refresh the squad a bit and it’s right that he goes.

We refreshed with Jota and Thiago, brought in cover for LB. Probably just needed a CB. If anything we need to cut our losses on the players who offer very little to this team.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #832 on: February 20, 2021, 09:43:09 pm »
We can talk about VAR.

But we had more than enough chances to score today and our composure when and where it matters was atrocious.  We can say the same about other games where we gave list recently.  We put our chances away and we win games, maybe 2-1.  We had far more possession in the opposition box and more chances than Everton but couldn’t put them away.

Unfortunately 2 of our 3 forwards are having such a dip in form it’s frightening, Mane especially looks like a shadow of the player he can be.  And our other top forward is injured. It’s a tough situation to manage too, bringing them out of the firing line means playing Origi, who himself has struggled the chances he’s got. But trying to play them into form isn’t working either.

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: February 20, 2021, 09:45:38 pm »

Agree with your response to the previous post, but we were playing Everton, not United. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: February 20, 2021, 09:45:46 pm »

Well it isn't going to be an easy transition for us, he plays every game, he's been (and continues to be) a stalwart of this side.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: February 20, 2021, 09:45:59 pm »
We refreshed with Jota and Thiago, brought in cover for LB. Probably just needed a CB. If anything we need to cut our losses on the players who offer very little to this team.

All of whom got injured for months. We were atrocious today and the team deserves a kicking, but let’s not gloss over the horrendous luck we have had this season.

But the fact is now there are a number of squad players who offer next to nothing and now it looks like some first team players have reached the end of their productivity for us.

Seeing as we will have fuck all money in the summer, we need to sell some players.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #836 on: February 20, 2021, 09:46:04 pm »
Yes because some of its fucking Embarrasing making a bad day worse with completely over the top statements

Honest question, what do you expect on a public internet forum after a humbling defeat whilst suffering poor form? You know full well the contact you'll be faced with, so why do it to yourself?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: February 20, 2021, 09:46:24 pm »
Fair point, but there are reasons behind my lack of posts. I look forward to posting in more positive times!

Yeah,you haven't won a trophy in 25yrs.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #838 on: February 20, 2021, 09:47:26 pm »
I say what I said earlier - we actually created chances in that game that last season we scored from.

Yes, we're not as flowing or high-powered as we have been over the past three years, but we are still creating chances (half ones, part ones, full on ones) to score plenty. Today was no exception.

Think for me that was one of the most frustrating things - Pickford having a Worldie. The flying saves to the one from Bobby. Other games, other oppo than us, those go in. c*nt.

Other than that, today showed why no crowds at games makes such a huge difference - even moreso for us. This side is one that is built on matchday support. The players are ones that thrive in that arena. That's why there were brought here. This, coupled with the injuries is the ONLY reason we are not where we are. There's no spark. No pressure - both on us and more importantly the opposition.

Sorry, but I cannot get over why this is not understood more by this fanbase? It's not an angle either - It's patently evident, yet you all expect our players to be robots and just win. There's no emotion involved in anything to do with Liverpool football club or even sport in general right now. It's a shell. Going thorugh the motions. What seriously do you/did you expect?

Look at it this way - It is no coicidence that sides that are used to no atmosphere, new-wave fans or even as prevalently, that typically have toxic match day atmospheres are doing well. West Fucking Ham. Leicester. Man City (who are well used to a partially full and souless stadium) Man Fucking Utd. Take away their fans and its a FUCKING RELIEF to them! Add in the fact that they come to Anfield and are not overcome with the atmosphere and there you have it.

Come on - Are you seriously telling me that these sides are in a better place than us? even now, I would not swap for anyone. Not even City.

Get us back in the ground and behind the team then judge it. Those players that you are slating now? Wait until they find out what playing for Liverpool truly is. And let's not get started on the Covid situation and what that brings to these guys as well. They're the same as us for fucks sake. Yes, they play in Red, but that's the only thing that makes them different to me and you (in my case 30 years and at least 5 stone as well)

I am as fucked off as you lot are right now, but I am also understanding that this is not how football - and more prevalently - Liverpool football club is. Yes, VAR is a fucking joke, but it's a joke for everyone. It just makes it worse when it's against us of course and think of the utter devastation because of the injuries as well. We've been RIPPED APART from every possible angle. Everyone is hurting on many levels - Look at us through history. Bear in mind that I'm a Southerner, but brought up footballing and character-wise by Liverpool - both the Football club and City. You Scousers know this more than I do as you lived daily throughout all the shite that the City has gone though whereas I only experienced it when I came up and learned from you. Always remember that the main thing that was said to me that going to the match was the escape. Where everything was right. Where Liverpool ruled the World and no fucks were given.

What I am saying is, that through thick and thin, we have been there. Baying for blood. Putting referees under pressure. Putting our own players under pressure. When the fans were let back in the ground earlier in the season, did we look a different side? Fuck yes. It was not the same, but even having those few thousand in there gave us a pulse. Then off the pitch we saw and mixed with the players. Gave then a "get yer 'ead up lad" or similar  ;) either way, The players related to not just each other, but you/me. We don't have that right now.

NEVER underestimate what we as fans do to this club. Never, ever hang anyone playing in a red shirt out to dry until they have had the chance to prove themselves in the proper arena. We are not playing as we can because NOTHING IS RIGHT ANYWHERE! It's a totally fucked up World - and we're not there for them. We're not there to get them through the worst run of injuries in memory of pretty much everyone and our boys are suffering - the pressure on them must be immense. They can't bond properly. They can't do things as families together as they would. Like us, the can't go into town and mix. Yet here we are scratching our heads as to why we're not winning eveything?!

I needed to vent this on so many levels, but for the love of GOD please get it into yourselves (and again, coming from a Southerner) that what happens on the pitch with this team is intrinsically linked to the City and the fans. Take that away and it becomes mortal. Judge this side when the field is levelled - When Anfield has it's heart back.

Look at the Champions league - Ironically enough, this is the only time that things seem "normal" this year. The thought of getting on a plane and leaving issues behind must be the most cathartic experience that these lads have right now and that is why we are where we are. And guess what? That also means that this season is not over by any stretch. It's still not perfect, but it's a nettle that we need to embrace. Ironically enough, it's actually the only scenario where our pedigree and history can still work in our favour.

Yes - It's shit what happened tonight, but it's in keeping with the reality of the situation at this time. Mentally and physically this is not Liverpool for the players or for us. One without the other is never going to work. We've had players that you'd think wouldn't make a Sunday league side be European Champions. League Champions. FA Cup winners. Because they are not the best players - they mesh together to be the best team. And we drive that team. We're just as important in making them the players that Jurgen, Rafa, Kenny, Bob and Bill knew they would be. Run through brick walls. Overachieve. Call it what you like, but lockdown and the general malaise that has come with it these days whilst throwing in the injuries and the joke that is VAR into it as well and you are not going to get a Liverpool team that will perform. I'm actually amazed that we are where we are in the league.

Sorry for the rant, but it's how I feel. Perhaps an open forum is not the place to vent and some of my views are blunt? Unsophisitcated? Complete bollocks so a few/many of you? I don't know, but to me it's clear as day. We're not shit. We're not woeful. What we are is not robots. We're not like anyone else. We fuction differently to everyone else because of the makeup of the club, city and fans. None of that is right, so how the fucking HELL do you think we would still be capable of performing like we have done?!!?

Liverpool fans - and the poeple of that City - are the most understanding, compassionate, witty and honest people I have ever known. Know that this blend is what makes it the club it is. When one hurts, the other does too. When we get back into that ground is when it counts and until then, nothing is real. That's when we can really talk about things properly.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:57:22 pm by Kennys from heaven »
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: February 20, 2021, 09:47:55 pm »
Well it isn't going to be an easy transition for us, he plays every game, he's been (and continues to be) a stalwart of this side.

It never was but it has to happen. These players cannot go on forever and the last we can do is get rid of them in one transfer window. We need to start turning over some players like Wijnaldum and probably even Firmino and then replace them with new players.