Author Topic: Stefan Bajčetić  (Read 173353 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Stefan Bajčetić
« Reply #640 on: February 2, 2023, 03:01:17 pm »
Pedri and Gavi play in midfield in a 4-3-3 and Balde is a Left Back..  ;D

Mate Gavi and Pedro both play further forward in midfield and sometimes on the left, for example just the last El Classico Gavi started on the left and Pedri as the most advanced in midfield with Busquets and De Jong as the deeper midfielders.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: February 2, 2023, 03:05:53 pm »
Those players were first choice (Balde 2nd choice) for Spain at the World Cup as well.  If they're good enough, they're old enough.  If Bajcetic proves good enough, then he's old enough.

Who cares what they are for Spain? Spain didn’t take Thiago which was a mistake, they’re all advanced midfielders playing in positions it’s sometimes said to be easier to bed in young players, hence you got the likes of Musiala, Wirtz, Bellingham Pedri Gavi Elliott coming through at the same time in top European football and probably only Camavinga as a DM equivalent(who spends a lot of the time coming off the bench).

Bajcetic is good enough but he isn’t as good as Casemeiro or Rodri or Fabinho a couple seasons ago, which is my point we still need a DM at this level regardless of how much potential Bajcetic has.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: February 2, 2023, 03:09:35 pm »
Mate Gavi and Pedro both play further forward in midfield and sometimes on the left, for example just the last El Classico Gavi started on the left and Pedri as the most advanced in midfield with Busquets and De Jong as the deeper midfielders.

Mate, their usual positions are in midfield. I don;t dispute someone like Pedri can play further forward. Heck Iniesta in his pomp sometimes played on the left of the forward line. I don;t class him as a fuckin' winger.  :D

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #643 on: February 2, 2023, 04:12:07 pm »
So what though? They're young and they're good enough, so they play. Just like Trent did. Barcelona certainly have a better midfield than us. By the time we have bedded in a new DM, Bajcetic will have like 30 PL games.

I have no problem with us getting someone like Bellingham, he's a different type. But I fear us splashing 120M on Declan Rice,  the guy who was overshadowed by Henderson at WC.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: February 4, 2023, 03:59:24 pm »
His performance is the only positive I can take from that first half
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #645 on: February 4, 2023, 04:11:45 pm »
He's looking better and better
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: February 4, 2023, 04:12:33 pm »
His performance is the only positive I can take from that first half
👍

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #647 on: February 4, 2023, 04:40:01 pm »
He's been absolutely terrific today.  Get 10 pounds of muscle on him and we could be penciling him into the starting XI for years to come. 

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #648 on: February 4, 2023, 04:44:59 pm »
The lipstick on this bulldog of a season. Braver on the ball now.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #649 on: February 4, 2023, 04:52:37 pm »
First name on the team sheet. Buy Serbo-Croat keyboards for all the staff
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: February 4, 2023, 04:53:59 pm »
Well done lad. Starting #6 for the rest of the season.

Put a bit of muscle on him over pre season and he;s good to go.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #651 on: February 4, 2023, 04:55:36 pm »
Drop him for the derby, he doesn’t deserve to be associated with this abomination
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: February 4, 2023, 04:55:47 pm »
The only one who showed any bravery. Well done to him.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #653 on: February 4, 2023, 04:56:56 pm »
Really good today.  Agree with the poster who said he doesn't really have the required athleticism to play that lone 6 role with how insanely open we always are, but his touch is great, he puts it about a bit and positionally, he knows what's up.  Looking forward to his development.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #654 on: February 4, 2023, 04:59:29 pm »
The one positive of this season…..

He really is a genuine option for the future …… really impressed by the lad
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: February 4, 2023, 05:12:01 pm »
The one positive of this season…..

He really is a genuine option for the future …… really impressed by the lad
Only going to improve as he gets stronger, six inches between the ears looks ridiculously good.

Now were not getting top four surely it's time to see if a few more youngsters rise to the challenge.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: February 4, 2023, 05:17:17 pm »
Keeps showing moments of brilliance along with doing the basics well. Thank fuck we have one cog in the badly needed midfield rebuild.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #657 on: February 4, 2023, 05:18:41 pm »
Good player. Always scanning and quick one touch football. Get him some other energetic young midfielders who also play one touch football and we are sorted. Preferably someone with recovery pace and strength to compliment Stefan.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #658 on: February 4, 2023, 05:22:59 pm »
Good player. Always scanning and quick one touch football. Get him some other energetic young midfielders who also play one touch football and we are sorted. Preferably someone with recovery pace and strength to compliment Stefan.

He's the Spanish Busquets.

Seriously though, good shift again today. Probably the first name on the teamsheet at the minute other than Alisson. There's got to be something else we can try in midfield, surely.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #659 on: February 4, 2023, 05:24:32 pm »
Only shining light recently. He was a one man midfield today.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #660 on: February 4, 2023, 05:36:54 pm »
Looks a player in the making but playing him as a lone 6 while the other two CMs constantly make forward runs, as happened in the first half, isn’t working at all

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #661 on: February 4, 2023, 05:39:24 pm »
Should be first name on teamsheet for rest of season.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: February 4, 2023, 05:40:24 pm »
Looks a player in the making but playing him as a lone 6 while the other two CMs constantly make forward runs, as happened in the first half, isn’t working at all

Agree, why we needed a DM this window, its still our weakest position even though Bajcetic has played well, at this point id probably rather him as an 8.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #663 on: February 4, 2023, 05:50:36 pm »
Class act, best prospect I've seen in years. Can't wait to see him in the derby
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #664 on: February 4, 2023, 07:37:45 pm »
Mascherano in his pomp would struggle with that task.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: February 4, 2023, 08:03:46 pm »
Expectations should be tempered given his age but he's surprised me this season.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #666 on: February 4, 2023, 08:29:55 pm »
The only shining light today. Great prospect but also need to be careful not to be too reliant on him at this stage.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #667 on: February 4, 2023, 11:24:30 pm »
Drop him for the derby, he doesn’t deserve to be associated with this abomination

Also I'll be concerned about him getting his leg snapped by the dogs of war if he doesn't start wearing shin pads.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: February 4, 2023, 11:26:39 pm »
The balls on this kid. Surrounded by a shower of inept halfwits and he still shines. Mature beyond his years.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: February 4, 2023, 11:29:43 pm »
He needs to play in the derby for his and our development. The experience is essential, he's under no pressure and he will pay us back in spades for the next decade if we get his development right.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: February 5, 2023, 12:59:12 am »
Also I'll be concerned about him getting his leg snapped by the dogs of war if he doesn't start wearing shin pads.

Against Everton, he'll need cricket pads, let alone shin pads.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: February 5, 2023, 12:59:32 pm »
Great to hear the lad came out of yesterday's game with some plaudits as the current sagas will make the lad hopefully. Others may not survive the pending cull but Stefan is swimming hard after getting thrown into the deep end.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Adams83

• Main Stander
« Reply #672 on: February 5, 2023, 01:08:19 pm »
To play this well with how rubbish everyone around him is really impressive. Plays with maturity and is brave on the ball. Clearly not very developed  physically nyet either so it's exciting to see how much he improves in the future.

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #673 on: February 6, 2023, 09:38:56 pm »
Something positive to enjoy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_EKvmTyvETs

Is it just me who thinks his movement and technique has a resemblance with Gerrard?
Not suggesting Bajcetic will be that good, just the style.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: February 6, 2023, 10:23:21 pm »

Is it just me who thinks his movement and technique has a resemblance with Gerrard?

He has a lot to his game,excited to see him progress.

Currently in the team on merit,can't say that about many of them sadly  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #675 on: February 7, 2023, 12:21:00 am »
He's be a very bright spark of the the last month or so, in there on merit and long may it continue. Got a lot about him for his age, and as bad as we are he's still playing in the PL and doesn't look like a (not long turned) 18yr old when doing so.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #676 on: February 7, 2023, 09:12:13 am »

Not sure about the Gerrard comparison, he was a beast physically, and that's not something Bajcetic has.  Plus he's a different passer, lots of cute round the corner or disguised passes, and I think his close control is better than Gerrard's.  Busquets is the most obvious comparison.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: February 7, 2023, 09:15:14 am »

Not seeing the Gerrard resemblance myself but love what Bajcetic brings to the table with his willingness to get stuck in, good timing on tackles, some lovely skill on the ball and brave passing.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: February 7, 2023, 10:04:18 am »
He's not a Gerrard box to box player. If you want to make a past comparison from that era he's more Xabi Alonso

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: February 7, 2023, 03:37:10 pm »
Walked past him in London today, by Carnaby St.

Looking every inch the 18 year old lad, with his missus (I presume). He'd been to Moss Bros if anyone cares. :D

Didn't want to tell him there is one on Bold Street.