Author Topic: Thiago Morton is a player. I’ve got his poster on my wall  (Read 51012 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Thiago Morton is a player. I’ve got his poster on my wall
« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2023, 08:19:50 am »
Bajcetic and Morton would be better off used as part of the midfield rotation than Elliott and Carvalho (at least with our usual systems). They're better at off the ball/defensive work and have a good passing range.

Morton's done well overall at Blackburn and the year on loan will have done him good. If we're losing 4+ midfielders then Morton will have opportunities. Obviously we need to sign a minimum of 2 as well.

He did well last season but was thrown in the deep end on occasion in very makeshift teams against strong opposition (Spurs away, Leicester in the cup).
Both Bajcetic and Morton are More 6 role and 8 controller role. Carvalho and Elliott are both the more playmaking role they supposed to the highest of the midfielders.
Will be interesting to see what Klopp chooses to do with Morton

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2023, 08:24:14 am »
Both Bajcetic and Morton are More 6 role and 8 controller role. Carvalho and Elliott are both the more playmaking role they supposed to the highest of the midfielders.
Will be interesting to see what Klopp chooses to do with Morton

We need the legs at 6 and 8 before we can indulge a playmaker in front.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2023, 08:24:55 am »
Blackburn have been very powderpuff at times. Having a good season but have already lost 12 league games.

Morton aside their midfield is youthful and lacking physicality for the level. They're obviously doing something right though as they're sat in 3rd.
3rd with a 0 GD and 3 points over the 6th/7th place teams. They will have a shot to get the playoffs. Also somehow they have 0 draws currently.
Burnley(Who now play football instead of rugby) and Sheffield United currently seem the two strongest teams in the championship and look on pace to come up.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #283 on: February 4, 2023, 01:51:50 am »
Could both Bacjectic and Morton play in the same midfield moving forward either in a 3 or a 2 ? It sure would save us a lot of money although might not stop us from getting at least one if not two CM in the summer ?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: February 4, 2023, 11:08:14 am »
Could both Bacjectic and Morton play in the same midfield moving forward either in a 3 or a 2 ? It sure would save us a lot of money although might not stop us from getting at least one if not two CM in the summer ?

We will buy a few midfielders regardless but yes i do think the manager will take a look at Morton in pre season to see how much he’s improved, like with so many others it seems to be the physical element that is lacking from the academy, we produce good footballers but they’re not necessarily as athletic as we need them to be

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #285 on: February 4, 2023, 06:37:54 pm »
Morton isnt ready. He isn't even at Harvey's level right now. If you ask any blackburn fan they'll tell you he shouldn't be playing as often as he does for them. He'll improve surely, but it's mad to pitch him as a solution for next season.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: February 4, 2023, 06:45:53 pm »
Morton isnt ready. He isn't even at Harvey's level right now. If you ask any blackburn fan they'll tell you he shouldn't be playing as often as he does for them. He'll improve surely, but it's mad to pitch him as a solution for next season.

Morton is ready. Blackburn fans are raving about him and when I have seen him this season he has been outstanding.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #287 on: February 4, 2023, 06:47:17 pm »
Morton is ready. Blackburn fans are raving about him

He isn't..and they're really not.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: February 4, 2023, 06:51:29 pm »
He isn't..and they're really not.

since when?

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: February 4, 2023, 06:52:43 pm »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #290 on: February 4, 2023, 06:54:37 pm »
Morton is ready. Blackburn fans are raving about him and when I have seen him this season he has been outstanding.

A Blackburn mate of mine said he's been good, albeit a little inconsistent at times. Doesn't think he's prem quality yet though.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: February 5, 2023, 04:33:08 pm »
We will buy a few midfielders regardless but yes i do think the manager will take a look at Morton in pre season to see how much he’s improved, like with so many others it seems to be the physical element that is lacking from the academy, we produce good footballers but they’re not necessarily as athletic as we need them to be

Agreed, he’s one of our few midfielders doing well this season and a season of senior football will only benefit his development.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: February 6, 2023, 08:05:22 pm »
I just got a stream going to see Blackburn v Wigan and Morton is on the bench,back to Marc Riley then.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #293 on: February 7, 2023, 11:48:42 am »
I wouldn't have any qualms about throwing him in next season, assuming we buy other midfielders.  As others have said, he's not much physically and whenever I've watched him for Blackburn he always ends up chasing after a forward who's got the other side of him.  Needs to work on his positioning a bit more.

Technically he's really good.  Buys himself time and can spray the ball around the pitch.  It's just that mobility he's lacking and it's the one thing we're desperate for in midfield.

Expect he'll either be a solid back up option for us next season or we'll move him on.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: February 8, 2023, 01:17:51 am »
This lad almost certainly won’t make it here. I can see him being a player elsewhere and it does look a bit shite writing a player off like this but that’s how it works with players from the academy. There is very few that will play regularly in the premier league or of a similar level never mind being an ever present for a team with our aspirations.

There’s no guarantee Bajčetić makes it here and he is now a starter that has already shown far more in this short time. He does look like he has a good chance but it’s early days.

Even if I never seen Morton play I see Fordy’s on the bandwagon so that means there’s zero chance for the lad.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #295 on: February 8, 2023, 05:30:41 am »
This lad almost certainly won’t make it here. I can see him being a player elsewhere and it does look a bit shite writing a player off like this but that’s how it works with players from the academy. There is very few that will play regularly in the premier league or of a similar level never mind being an ever present for a team with our aspirations.

There’s no guarantee Bajčetić makes it here and he is now a starter that has already shown far more in this short time. He does look like he has a good chance but it’s early days.

Even if I never seen Morton play I see Fordy’s on the bandwagon so that means there’s zero chance for the lad.
But you felt you had to do it anyway....why? It doesn't achieve anything other than add a bit more negativity to proceedings, especially at a time when things are already fraught around the club and the fanbase.

Everyone knows that most young players don't become top level stars, even those who start out showing promise; it doesn't need spelling out. Football support is partly fantasy and vicarious wish fullfillment. We express great hopes in young players because it's a positive, enriching thing to do, and to show support and enthusiasm for them as they take their initial steps in the professional game. The aim is to support and back their dreams, not to be 'right'.

A whole subculture of modern 'fans' has emerged, full of people who are turning what should be something joyous and beautiful into some kind of continuously dampening cold logic exercise, and it's mostly as a way of trying to show how 'clever' they are.

So now we can't even back young players of potential and dream great dreams for them without somone pissing all over it in ther nerdy, Mr Bean voice

Fuck right off with that!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: February 8, 2023, 06:01:49 am »
But you felt you had to do it anyway....why? It doesn't achieve anything other than add a bit more negativity to proceedings, especially at a time when things are already fraught around the club and the fanbase.

Everyone knows that most young players don't become top level stars, even those who start out showing promise; it doesn't need spelling out. Football support is partly fantasy and vicarious wish fullfillment. We express great hopes in young players because it's a positive, enriching thing to do, and to show support and enthusiasm for them as they take their initial steps in the professional game. The aim is to support and back their dreams, not to be 'right'.

A whole subculture of modern 'fans' has emerged, full of people who are turning what should be something joyous and beautiful into some kind of continuously dampening cold logic exercise, and it's mostly as a way of trying to show how 'clever' they are.

So now we can't even back young players of potential and dream great dreams for them without somone pissing all over it in ther nerdy, Mr Bean voice

I put it down to people being impatient, and unwilling to just "see what happens". And a desire for validation as some football intellectual (is there even such a thing). I've given up trying to predict anything. It'd be good to see more of our young players make it is top EPL players. I was quietly impressed by Bajcetic and Morton. I hope JK can do something with them next season.

It's just worth noting that Mr. Bean rarely spoke (other than to see very few words such as "Bean... or "Ah yes... The Steak..." or "426 Please") so probably unfair to conflate someone who's overly vocal with a meaningless opinion to someone who is famous for not saying much at all.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #297 on: February 8, 2023, 06:14:13 am »
I put it down to people being impatient, and unwilling to just "see what happens". And a desire for validation as some football intellectual (is there even such a thing). I've given up trying to predict anything. It'd be good to see more of our young players make it is top EPL players. I was quietly impressed by Bajcetic and Morton. I hope JK can do something with them next season.

It's just worth noting that Mr. Bean rarely spoke (other than to see very few words such as "Bean... or "Ah yes... The Steak..." or "426 Please") so probably unfair to conflate someone who's overly vocal with a meaningless opinion to someone who is famous for not saying much at all.
Fair point about the Beanster. I guess I just meant that strangulated tone of voice rather than verbosity. But I take the point and apologise to the laconic turkey-botherer ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #298 on: February 8, 2023, 06:15:54 am »
Hopefully all this FFP business will mean that clubs are run like they used to and local, home grown/trained players will be an actual thing.
Hopefully.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: February 8, 2023, 06:43:15 am »
Hopefully all this FFP business will mean that clubs are run like they used to and local, home grown/trained players will be an actual thing.
Hopefully.

You're a brave man .... all those posters who spend most of their waking hours in the Transfer thread will be hunting you down any minute now.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #300 on: February 8, 2023, 01:25:00 pm »

Why not?.Every team has a squad and he could at  the least save the club millions and fill onto the subs bench at the least. Every player takes different amounts of time to develop. Plus they extended the subs bench a while back to encourage bring youth team players through.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #301 on: February 8, 2023, 05:14:55 pm »
I wouldn't have any qualms about throwing him in next season, assuming we buy other midfielders.  As others have said, he's not much physically and whenever I've watched him for Blackburn he always ends up chasing after a forward who's got the other side of him.  Needs to work on his positioning a bit more.

Technically he's really good.  Buys himself time and can spray the ball around the pitch.  It's just that mobility he's lacking and it's the one thing we're desperate for in midfield.

Expect he'll either be a solid back up option for us next season or we'll move him on.

He could do a job but Blackburn fans seem non-plussed with him (and most of their players at their moment). You'd want him really standing out there if he's ready for us. Bajcetic has come into a really struggling Liverpool team in his first season as a first team footballer and stood out. I don't think Morton would have and he had the experience last season of playing in our first team.

It depends on Europe as well. If we end up in Europa League or Conference League he's a player you could give those minutes to. I don't think he's someone you could throw in next to Bajcetic in the PL though, especially as they're both slender. If a lot of midfielders leave this summer and we sign probably 2, then it frees up a squad space.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: February 8, 2023, 10:01:24 pm »

Watched him in Blackburn's recent FA Cup tie at home with Birmingham City.  He gave the ball away countless times, quite often under little to no real pressure.  The first missed pass lead to a Birmingham City goal.

If he's making those type of errors frequently in games he is way off being ready for the Premier League which is a giant leap forward.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #303 on: February 9, 2023, 12:57:48 pm »

This is right

But this is also right
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2023, 09:32:37 pm »
Was apparently superb tonight for Blackburn in their win over Leicester.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2023, 10:07:31 pm »
Sounds like he had a great match, made a good block in the area. Don't see any reason why he can't take Ox's spot in the squad. We're not going to replace 3 (or more) midfielders with purchases, better to let Morton and Bajcetic take 2 spots so we can go and buy 2 quality CMs.

6 months back here to see what he's learned and then possibly another loan in Jan if we find we don't need him or he's not ready.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2023, 10:15:08 pm »
Only watched the second half, didn’t think he was very good.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2023, 10:21:10 pm »

For years there have been ridiculous expectations put on young players who clearly aren’t going to make it here. I love how you try paint me as the modern fan who slags off players as some kind of slight just because I am pointing out something very obvious. Just to be clear I don’t do that and saying this lad won’t make it is not slagging him off. I hope I’m wrong and if I am I’ll apologise to you directly on here just to keep you happy. Till then though you can fuck off because I will have my opinion no matter what you think or say on here.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2023, 11:26:10 pm »
He was only on the bench at the weekend so I wonder if he’s possibly fallen out of their first 11. Don’t know how many played tonight started the weekend too
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #309 on: March 1, 2023, 04:09:39 am »
He isnt that well liked among blackburn fans and they used to rave about elliott. I dont think he is at the level we need or even close to that yet. Might eventually get there but it'd be dumb to consider him a genuine option for next season outside of cups if we dont loan him out again.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #310 on: March 1, 2023, 04:31:51 am »
Very hit-and-miss according to a workmate of mine who is a Blackburn Rovers season ticket holder.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2023, 04:33:22 am by Solomon Grundy »

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #311 on: March 1, 2023, 07:12:28 am »
I don’t think Elliott and Morton at Blackburn is a comparison that can be made as easily as some would think. In Elliott’s season there, he was a bright spark in an otherwise average championship side, finishing midtable. Morton has played almost every game in a team pushing off promotion and going on a cup run, I’d say given the pressure of that, he’s bound to come in for more criticism and stand out less as the team is better.

Also their positions make a massive difference as a young kid on the wing in the championship is not as exposed to the physicality as a central midfielder, where it’s likely a young kid who hasn’t fully developed physically will struggle more.

Statistically, his passing numbers are a level above any of midfielder from his age group in the division.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2023, 07:22:43 am by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: March 1, 2023, 07:37:22 am »
Looks like he’s done well overall and will get looked at during the preseason. Having some reliable squad options is certainly something we lack.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: March 1, 2023, 07:57:35 am »
Send him out on a PL loan again next season preferably, Blackburn seem to be one club we’ve utilised the loan system well with, wouldn’t mind seeing him and say Conor Bradley go on loan their again next season.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: March 1, 2023, 10:10:47 am »
You can clearly see he wont be powerful enough for the Premier League nevermind us.
His profile is the last thing we need in midfield.

We can loan him & try to raise his value.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #315 on: March 1, 2023, 10:22:12 am »
You can clearly see he wont be powerful enough for the Premier League nevermind us.

You watch him every time he plays for Blackburn then I assume. Best send your report to Herr Klopp and we can can move him on ASAP.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: March 1, 2023, 10:27:52 am »

Didn't he play for us last season? I'm sure he was decent when he did. I am getting older though and my memory isn't what it was!

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: March 1, 2023, 11:19:56 am »

He isn't great athletically, but hes surprisingly very tenacious and can press well and win tackles. Also worth remembering the more we add athletic midfielders then the more we can accommodate the likes of Thiago Morton and players of that ilk, who despite not being the quickest are very resilient and tough tackling midfielders.

Wouldn't rule him out just yet, two years more on loan, and he'll be 22, things could look different by then in terms of our setup and his development.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: March 1, 2023, 11:57:07 am »
Doesn't sound like he is setting the Championship alight, but probably doing well enough to peak the interests of clubs in the top half. He'll be a couple of months away from his 21st birthday when pre-season starts so a perm move with a buy back clause and sell on fee might be best unless he shows something in pre-season to suggest he has the ability to progress here.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #319 on: March 1, 2023, 11:57:08 am »
Always loathe to pay too much attention to what opposition fans say about loanees. I remember Leicester had an obsession with PL loans back in the early 10s (Keane, Lingard, Kane, Delfouneso, Gelson Fernandes, Michael Johnson, Yakubu, Kyle Naughton...well, fucking loads) and the ones who got the most stick were the ones who have actually gone on to the best things. Famously annoyed that Marco Futacs was getting games over Harry Kane.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.