Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 267996 times)

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Reply #1880 on: January 29, 2023, 04:40:20 pm »
for that Mac Allister ‘foul’? He made an absolute show of it, including pretending he was injured.  Glad it wasn’t called, defo a ‘game’s gone soft’ moment had it’d been.

He could have gone as he was last man back, not for the ferocity of the foul. MacAllister deserved a boot in the hole for his play acting.
Cracking game from Ibou otherwise.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #1881 on: January 30, 2023, 06:15:07 pm »
He could have gone as he was last man back, not for the ferocity of the foul. MacAllister deserved a boot in the hole for his play acting.
Cracking game from Ibou otherwise.
I agree with this, was our best player yesterday.. But you don't want a defender to be the best player on your team..he was overworked...
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1882 on: January 31, 2023, 11:24:49 am »
Injured. Just lol  :lmao

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1883 on: January 31, 2023, 11:25:46 am »
It feels like we are actually cursed, honestly.. He was really starting to turn up beast mode..

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1884 on: January 31, 2023, 11:28:02 am »
He did have a ropey injury history before we signed him, despite people saying that whatever was causing it was 'fixed'.  Wonder if he would be more robust if he dropped a bit of weight.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1885 on: January 31, 2023, 11:29:05 am »
He did have a ropey injury history before we signed him, despite people saying that whatever was causing it was 'fixed'.  Wonder if he would be more robust if he dropped a bit of weight.

the hip issue he had was fixed.

Not sure that is anything to do with this injury!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1886 on: January 31, 2023, 11:33:08 am »
the hip issue he had was fixed.

Not sure that is anything to do with this injury!

The point I'm making is that he's probably just one of those players who's susceptible to injury.  It was brought up that he'd missed a lot of games before we bought him, but folks said that it was all sorted now and he'll be fine.  But here we are, he's picked up his second longish injury this season.

But I do think that our fitness/conditioning/medical/whatever guys have completely fucked things and aren't taking care of our players properly.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1887 on: January 31, 2023, 11:38:27 am »
The point I'm making is that he's probably just one of those players who's susceptible to injury. It was brought up that he'd missed a lot of games before we bought him, but folks said that it was all sorted now and he'll be fine.  But here we are, he's picked up his second longish injury this season.

But I do think that our fitness/conditioning/medical/whatever guys have completely fucked things and aren't taking care of our players properly.

probably because it was that hip flexor injury that kept him out for all but one time at Leipzig. 

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1888 on: February 2, 2023, 04:32:55 pm »
The point I'm making is that he's probably just one of those players who's susceptible to injury.  It was brought up that he'd missed a lot of games before we bought him, but folks said that it was all sorted now and he'll be fine.  But here we are, he's picked up his second longish injury this season.

Or perhaps the crazy overcrowded season where players had a short preseason followed by a World Cup…
Read somewhere that Liverpool City Chelsea and Spurs have each played over 80 games in 12 months. Add in wshitty internationals and the World Cup, and players are being put under strain.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #1889 on: February 2, 2023, 05:41:16 pm »
Or perhaps the crazy overcrowded season where players had a short preseason followed by a World Cup…
Read somewhere that Liverpool City Chelsea and Spurs have each played over 80 games in 12 months. Add in wshitty internationals and the World Cup, and players are being put under strain.

He broke his bollix working in the game against Brighton, he was really pushed to the limit, he was great and it wasnt a huge suprise he tweaked something.. I think in his case he just pushed the envelope in that game a tad too far.
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1890 on: February 2, 2023, 05:43:15 pm »

Doesnt apply here though  … He’s played 800 minutes this season in 6 months plus 2 games for france
Last season he started 29 games for us

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1891 on: February 2, 2023, 05:57:56 pm »

Yet it's generally our players dropping like flies.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1892 on: February 4, 2023, 04:06:36 pm »
Didn’t see that half, but I’m guessing we’re massively missing him today. Or wouldn’t he have made much difference?

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #1893 on: February 4, 2023, 04:32:54 pm »
Didn’t see that half, but I’m guessing we’re massively missing him today. Or wouldn’t he have made much difference?

We would not have conceded at least 2 goals had he been playing. Gomez is a disaster.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1894 on: February 4, 2023, 04:35:43 pm »
Couldn't have got injured at a worse time.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: February 4, 2023, 04:39:45 pm »

He's absolutely lightyears ahead of Matip and Gomez so yeah a big miss but we are broken beyond repair so wouldn't have solved much himself.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1896 on: February 4, 2023, 04:41:13 pm »
Even if he was fit, you’d still need to pair him with one of Matip or Gomez so you’ve not removed the mistakes from the team.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1897 on: February 4, 2023, 08:43:58 pm »
Even if he was fit, you’d still need to pair him with one of Matip or Gomez so you’ve not removed the mistakes from the team.

And he's still young and makes at least 1 big mistake a game as well.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #1898 on: February 4, 2023, 09:49:18 pm »
What we need is to replace Gomez with another player of quality like Ibou. VVD and Matip can probably hold the flag for many a game inspite their injuries etc. They can play 30 games between them and also ensure a good transition. Gomez is just not upto the level required. The injuries to him took their toll.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
« Reply #1899 on: February 4, 2023, 09:59:04 pm »
Seems quite injury prone like Keita, I wouldn’t hang my hopes on him too much

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1900 on: February 4, 2023, 10:03:03 pm »
What we need is to replace Gomez with another player of quality like Ibou. VVD and Matip can probably hold the flag for many a game inspite their injuries etc. They can play 30 games between them and also ensure a good transition. Gomez is just not upto the level required. The injuries to him took their toll.

Matip is older, out of contract next year, cannot play in multiple positions and isn't homegrown. I don't see a world in which Gomez leaves before him.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #1901 on: February 4, 2023, 10:38:28 pm »
Matip is older, out of contract next year, cannot play in multiple positions and isn't homegrown. I don't see a world in which Gomez leaves before him.

In spite of his recent uncharacteristically bad performances, Matip is light years ahead of Gomez in terms of every defensive or dribbling skills. He always is one of our top performer, even better than VVD in most of the games in the last 15 months or so if you have watched every Liverpool games like me.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1902 on: February 4, 2023, 10:42:43 pm »

Virg and Konate are your main 2. I'd have Phillips as the main back up right now.

Matip and Gomez are done here and at least one of those should be out the door with Phillips in the summer with a new CB required.

Really, we know we need 2-3 midfielders in the summer we probably need 2 CB's but at least you have the quality there with Virg and Konate if they stay fit.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1903 on: February 4, 2023, 10:50:09 pm »
In spite of his recent uncharacteristically bad performances, Matip is light years ahead of Gomez in terms of every defensive or dribbling skills. He always is one of our top performer, even better than VVD in most of the games in the last 15 months or so if you have watched every Liverpool games like me.

I agree in isolation. But when you've already got an ageing squad, 4 homegrown players leaving and a midfield that needs gutting from top to bottom there are certain decisions that just have to be made, and moving on Joel over Joe if it comes to it is one of those.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: February 23, 2023, 06:45:28 pm »
Back training! Such a huge miss currently. Stay fit Ibou!

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1905 on: February 23, 2023, 09:26:10 pm »
Back training! Such a huge miss currently. Stay fit Ibou!
Thank fuck for that!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: February 23, 2023, 10:15:19 pm »
Save us Ib...hope..etc etc

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1907 on: February 24, 2023, 04:10:41 am »
He'd better save us, otherwise we're down to our last get out of jail free card (Luis Diaz)

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #1908 on: February 24, 2023, 04:31:12 am »
Might need two Center backs if both Gomez and Matip go which will be likely. Look a few options but a lot of them are left footed and will not suit VVD, sure VVD can play RCB but it’s a complete different angles. So Gvardiol as a VVD replacement makes sense. Good in the high line,good long range passing,good pace,very physical and quite rash much like Ibou and every young center back. There isn’t many top class cb’s out there really. Ibou is the best of the bunch but he’s always have injuries.  My favourite non top team cb is max kilman not sure on his pace but he’s got all the tools.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 04:34:03 am by KloppCorn »

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: February 24, 2023, 10:04:31 am »

Last season?  I'd argue you could say Matip, when he played, was very good (not as good as VVD).  This season?  Every time he has played he has looked shaky (but so has Gomez).  Ibou is currently our best CB

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1910 on: February 24, 2023, 11:10:29 am »
Please stay fit for the rest of the season!!!
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1911 on: February 24, 2023, 03:08:54 pm »
Please stay fit for the rest of the season!!!

Be happy if we can take Ibou and Virgil to Madrid and not get dicked.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: February 24, 2023, 03:11:57 pm »
We do need 1 more CB if we want to do future planning correctly and not fuck it up like we did with the midfield

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1913 on: February 24, 2023, 05:11:44 pm »
Might need two Center backs if both Gomez and Matip go which will be likely. Look a few options but a lot of them are left footed and will not suit VVD, sure VVD can play RCB but it’s a complete different angles. So Gvardiol as a VVD replacement makes sense. Good in the high line,good long range passing,good pace,very physical and quite rash much like Ibou and every young center back. There isn’t many top class cb’s out there really. Ibou is the best of the bunch but he’s always have injuries.  My favourite non top team cb is max kilman not sure on his pace but he’s got all the tools.

So you suggest replacing VVD, Gomez and Matip with Gvardiol and Kilman?

O.K.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: February 24, 2023, 05:21:06 pm »
How would he save us? We were just as bad when he was playing.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #1915 on: February 25, 2023, 08:54:24 am »
So you suggest replacing VVD, Gomez and Matip with Gvardiol and Kilman?

O.K.
Gvardiol,VVD,Konate,Kilman and Quansah off the youth team. Don’t know why you are highlighting it like a English teacher  :butt

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1916 on: March 3, 2023, 07:43:03 pm »
Just watching the inside Anfield from Wolves, at the end as Mo is walking down to tunnel, a woman shouts add Mo turns and starts towards her to give her his shirt - some fella tries to grab it and Ibou charges in, pushing the fellas arm out of the way ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1917 on: March 3, 2023, 08:05:52 pm »
Just watching the inside Anfield from Wolves, at the end as Mo is walking down to tunnel, a woman shouts add Mo turns and starts towards her to give her his shirt - some fella tries to grab it and Ibou charges in, pushing the fellas arm out of the way ;D

Don't fuck with Ibou... and don't fuck with Mo in front of Ibou... don't fuck with anyone in front of Ibou, really...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1918 on: March 3, 2023, 08:11:25 pm »

Also, Bobby megging Gakpo in the warmup with the outside of his right, so casual... 3:45
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: March 3, 2023, 08:56:50 pm »
Also, Bobby megging Gakpo in the warmup with the outside of his right, so casual... 3:45

The massive grin ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA