Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 577139 times)

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #3800 on: July 30, 2022, 11:19:59 pm »
3 months younger than Wayne Rooney.

Unbelievable how well he’s looked after himself.
He’s the example you give to any young boy or girl trying to forge a career in the game. A managers dream, looks after himself, stays out of the spotlight and will give his all no matter where he’s asked to play. I hope we sign him up to the coaching staff once he decides to hang up his boots
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3801 on: July 31, 2022, 01:04:31 am »
El Beardo Magnifico
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3802 on: August 6, 2022, 03:11:04 pm »
Shout out to Young James today. Put a shift in he did.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3803 on: August 6, 2022, 03:13:14 pm »
Made us more difficult to play through, that said he could hardly of made it easier. 

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3804 on: August 6, 2022, 03:14:50 pm »
Yeah he played well when he came on, looked like he actually had some go in him, compared to how pedestrian our starting midfield was.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3805 on: August 6, 2022, 03:17:04 pm »
Must’ve been watching a different player - he ran around a lot but on the ball it wasn’t clever, he mostly gave it away or lumped it aimlessly forward

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3806 on: August 6, 2022, 03:18:09 pm »
Must’ve been watching a different player - he ran around a lot but on the ball it wasn’t clever he mostly gave it away or lumped it aimlessly forward

He played well when he came on Jack, he was involved with some good crosses as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3807 on: August 6, 2022, 03:19:44 pm »
Must’ve been watching a different player - thought he was pretty terrible .. he mostly gave it away or lumped it aimlessly forward

Not sure about that, he had initiative, something I felt lacking from Fabinho for example. He's not going to be a world beater, he never was, but he was active and did a lot of closing down, something that was missing from quite a few of our players.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3808 on: August 6, 2022, 03:22:14 pm »
He played well when he came on Jack, he was involved with some good crosses as well.

Just had a look as I was curious .. 65% pass completion, lost it 3 times, no tackles won, no key passes

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3809 on: August 6, 2022, 03:23:13 pm »
Just had a look as I was curious .. 65% pass completion, lost it 3 times, no tackles won, no key passes

Was waiting for his stats to be posted :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3810 on: August 6, 2022, 03:28:43 pm »

It's a bit unfair to look at those stats without context, as we were chasing for a result at that point. We had decent pass completion rates in the first half with all that possession, but you can't say that was a great passing clinic from our players then.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3811 on: August 6, 2022, 03:33:24 pm »

Yet shut down space when previous players were leaving gaps.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3812 on: August 6, 2022, 03:34:41 pm »

Not being facetious but was his cross to the back post that Nunez headed down for Diaz not a key pass? And if that isn’t, what is?

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3813 on: August 6, 2022, 03:36:25 pm »
It's a bit unfair to look at those stats without context, as we were chasing for a result at that point. We had decent pass completion rates in the first half with all that possession, but you can't say that was a great passing clinic from our players then.

Agreed our passing was pretty horrific apart from Salah and Elliot in the second half
Stats are obviously not the full story but if people want to argue Milner played well it would be good to know what he did because running around with desire is the minimum (I get Fabinho and Firmino didn’t manage that today but generally)
Anyway it’s obviously a side issue compared to some of our starters today

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3814 on: August 6, 2022, 04:14:11 pm »
Not being facetious but was his cross to the back post that Nunez headed down for Diaz not a key pass? And if that isn’t, what is?
Key pass is usually defined as just the pass before a shot

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #3815 on: August 6, 2022, 06:08:50 pm »
all those who said hes too old we dont need him today showed why we need him and why hes a big part of this team .... the guy is as good now as he was 3 /4 seasons back fit as a fiddle and the perfect player to kick others up the backside when needed
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3816 on: August 6, 2022, 07:51:47 pm »
Key pass is usually defined as just the pass before a shot

Thanks. Makes sense I guess but thought he did really well for that chance.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #3817 on: August 6, 2022, 08:24:20 pm »
I thought he was our best player today, which doesn't say a lot for everyone else.

Realise the amateur sporting directors will disagree but don't really give a shite to be honest - football isn't just about stats.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #3818 on: August 6, 2022, 08:26:44 pm »
I thought he was our best player today, which doesn't say a lot for everyone else.

Realise the amateur sporting directors will disagree but don't really give a shite to be honest - football isn't just about stats.
That’s a bingo.
AHA!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3819 on: August 6, 2022, 10:16:18 pm »
things changed when he came on, we grew some balls and got back into it.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3820 on: August 7, 2022, 12:54:36 am »
For me Milner has been under-used a little in the last couple of years, he can be a bit of a mad footballer but I still think he's a fantastic option as an 8 against sides who will sit off him because his movement, interplay and crossing are excellent.

You can bet Firmino would have preferred having him nearby today. Those two have dovetailed brilliantly a lot in the past.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #3821 on: August 7, 2022, 01:34:14 pm »
This
We are a team of one half.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3822 on: August 7, 2022, 01:39:48 pm »

Yeah attitude was a bit better. I guess it begs the question why the likes of Hendo, Van Dijk, Robbo etc needed Milly on for that.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3823 on: August 7, 2022, 01:42:18 pm »
Things changed once Nunez came on. Milner did well when he came on but he wasn’t the catalyst.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3824 on: August 7, 2022, 02:29:38 pm »
Things changed once Nunez came on. Milner did well when he came on but he wasn’t the catalyst.

Well you better tell Klopp because he said post game it was Milner who gave us the structure and organisation to play better.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3825 on: August 22, 2022, 10:07:33 pm »
I think it's fair to say that he shouldn't be starting games like this at his age.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3826 on: August 22, 2022, 10:08:06 pm »
I think it's fair to say that he shouldn't be starting games like this at his age.

Think that’s putting it kindly to be honest.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3827 on: August 22, 2022, 10:25:08 pm »
Well in for bollocking VVD, thought Hendo was much worse than him today too.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3828 on: August 22, 2022, 10:27:56 pm »
Well in for bollocking VVD, thought Hendo was much worse than him today too.

Well in how? Save it for half time if you must, it’s not good old fashioned captaincy and it’s openly spreading dissent and giving their crowd more to get up for. It was just stupid shit, not good and those three need to get their heads together to sort this shit out because they’re letting the manager and the fans down on a weekly basis at the moment.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3829 on: August 22, 2022, 10:39:03 pm »
Well in how? Save it for half time if you must, it’s not good old fashioned captaincy and it’s openly spreading dissent and giving their crowd more to get up for. It was just stupid shit, not good and those three need to get their heads together to sort this shit out because they’re letting the manager and the fans down on a weekly basis at the moment.

Dunno I quite liked that it looked like he actually gave a fuck, more so than a few out there today who didn't.

Agreed that the whole side is letting the manager and fans down at the moment but it feels a bit cheap to go for Milner - yes he's rubbish at CM but we shouldn't even be asking him to play there, and we certainly shouldn't be needing to start him in key games at 36. Meanwhile there are some supposedly world-class players in their prime turning in repeated lazy performances, who are getting less heat.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #3830 on: August 22, 2022, 10:40:42 pm »
Looks 50 out there.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3831 on: August 22, 2022, 10:43:52 pm »

Milner is Milner. He’s been this player for us the whole time. Now he’s a 36 yr old version. Why have we got ourselves to a point where he’s anywhere near the first 11 in a game like this? It’s horrific. He’s letting down no one. He just isn’t up to it anymore. We shouldn’t be asking him to start at Utd after drawing our first 2 games of the season. Our squad planning is the issue, not Milner.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3832 on: August 22, 2022, 10:45:33 pm »
Milner is Milner. He’s been this player for us the whole time. Now he’s a 36 yr old version. Why have we got ourselves to a point where he’s anywhere near the first 11 in a game like this? It’s horrific. He’s letting down no one. He just isn’t up to it anymore. We shouldn’t be asking him to start at Utd after drawing our first 2 games of the season. Our squad planning is the issue, not Milner.

Agree with this. That he’s started 2 of our 3 games in 2022 says a lot about our midfield succession planning, or lackthereof.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3833 on: August 22, 2022, 10:48:01 pm »
Said in the match thread, you can see what he wants to do but his body won't let him. Can't fault his effort, and that's all I ask from a Liverpool player.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3834 on: August 22, 2022, 10:51:47 pm »
He should have been a 7th/8th choice midfielder, not a 3rd choice one. It's a big fucking problem.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3835 on: August 22, 2022, 10:57:23 pm »
He's just not a centre mid, he takes up the weirdest positions, always out wide.  There was a great example in the game today where he started off deep in his own half, helping us defend, which is great... but less than 30 seconds later he's playing as a right winger.  What is he doing all the way over there?

The last thing we need is for our central midfielder to vacate the middle of the pitch, it just leaves us so open on the counter and it's part of the reason Fabinho has struggled so much this season.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3836 on: August 22, 2022, 10:59:59 pm »
He pulls out wide because there is space there and he can turn without been pressed, which leaves a donut in midfield and limits our options to progress the ball forward.

Same issues we’ve had in midfield since 2017 with him and Hendo in same midfield.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3837 on: August 22, 2022, 11:00:52 pm »
He's just not a centre mid, he takes up the weirdest positions, always out wide.  There was a great example in the game today where he started off deep in his own half, helping us defend, which is great... but less than 30 seconds later he's playing as a right winger.  What is he doing all the way over there?

The last thing we need is for our central midfielder to vacate the middle of the pitch, it just leaves us so open on the counter and it's part of the reason Fabinho has struggled so much this season.
It's because he doesn't feel comfortable in tight spaces. It wouldn't be much of a problem if he had the legs to get back.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3838 on: August 22, 2022, 11:01:14 pm »
He pulls out wide because there is space there and he can turn without been pressed, which leaves a donut in midfield and limits our options to progress the ball forward.

Same issues we’ve had in midfield since 2017 with him and Hendo in same midfield.

Yeah I get that, but why not stay outside the midfield on the side he's playing?  In that instance he's literally sprinted right across the whole midfield to occupy the space that Trent, Mo and Elliott play in.  It's just such a weird decision.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3839 on: August 22, 2022, 11:02:19 pm »
I wholeheartedly agree. That was absolute bollocks. It was like feeding Virg to an angry mob but he was fine. A less-experienced player would have struggled.