Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 584146 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spanish Football
« Reply #3040 on: February 10, 2018, 09:43:25 pm »
It can't be overstated how good a job Mendilibar is doing at Eibar. These guys play in a stadium with a capacity of just over 7000! They've accumulated 24 points from the last 12 games and are up to 6th now. If Valencia slump and Villarreal continue to falter they're right there to take advantage. Incredible stuff really.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3041 on: February 11, 2018, 05:37:53 pm »
Barca 0-0 today. I heard coutinho was shit.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3042 on: February 11, 2018, 07:29:58 pm »
Atleti putting Barca under pressure somewhat, seven point gap.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3043 on: February 11, 2018, 08:27:53 pm »
I swear I was watching the Barca game and Suarez scored to put them one up. I turned it off soon after but I must have obviously missed it being (rightly) called offside and chalked off. Weird.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3044 on: February 11, 2018, 09:10:27 pm »
If you think your team is unlucky, Levante just had a goal disallowed from a corner after a Valencia player was pushed over...by one of his own teammates. Valencia went up the other end and scored.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3045 on: February 11, 2018, 09:25:56 pm »
Barca 0-0 today. I heard coutinho was shit.

Some Barca fans already writing him off, how many games has he played? Ridiculous.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline robgomm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3046 on: February 11, 2018, 09:33:38 pm »
If you think your team is unlucky, Levante just had a goal disallowed from a corner after a Valencia player was pushed over...by one of his own teammates. Valencia went up the other end and scored.

Now they've had a penalty given against them for a foul ON THEIR PLAYER. Amazing. 3-1 down and granted, Valencia well deserve to win but what a ridiculous couple of decisions.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3047 on: February 11, 2018, 10:14:18 pm »
Some Barca fans already writing him off, how many games has he played? Ridiculous.

Clueless lot, but he got what he wanted.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3048 on: February 11, 2018, 11:22:05 pm »
That would be, as always, a very small minority, and there's no point in arguing the views of those. I am sure there has been a minority of LFC fans who have been asking for Klopp's head, too. It is really pointless to discuss such things here.

My own feeling is that Barca didn't need Coutinho, not at that price anyway. I just refuse to believe that Barca academy (or other academies in Spain) stopped producing good midfielders. Strikers and defenders tend to be hit or miss, but Barca academy and Spanish youth teams are littered with brilliant young talent. I cannot justify Coutinho's price tag, and I think nobody can, unless he comes in and stamps his authority and decides games. Has he done that so far? No. Will he do that? Remains to be seen.

Somewhat related to this, we have also heard a lot about Griezmann to Barca rumors. If that happens, Barca attack and midfield will have Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic, Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Suarez and Messi. How do these all start? I have no clue, but all of these would expect to start. Again, this makes me think that the Coutinho transfer was unnecessary as Barca could have lined up with Messi as the attacking midfielder:
------------------Busquets
-----------Messi-----------Iniesta
Dembele------------------------Griezmann
--------------Suarez

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3049 on: February 12, 2018, 01:48:10 pm »
That would be, as always, a very small minority, and there's no point in arguing the views of those. I am sure there has been a minority of LFC fans who have been asking for Klopp's head, too. It is really pointless to discuss such things here.

My own feeling is that Barca didn't need Coutinho, not at that price anyway. I just refuse to believe that Barca academy (or other academies in Spain) stopped producing good midfielders. Strikers and defenders tend to be hit or miss, but Barca academy and Spanish youth teams are littered with brilliant young talent. I cannot justify Coutinho's price tag, and I think nobody can, unless he comes in and stamps his authority and decides games. Has he done that so far? No. Will he do that? Remains to be seen.

Somewhat related to this, we have also heard a lot about Griezmann to Barca rumors. If that happens, Barca attack and midfield will have Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic, Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Suarez and Messi. How do these all start? I have no clue, but all of these would expect to start. Again, this makes me think that the Coutinho transfer was unnecessary as Barca could have lined up with Messi as the attacking midfielder:
------------------Busquets
-----------Messi-----------Iniesta
Dembele------------------------Griezmann
--------------Suarez

I would think, just a guess of course, that the players rotated for Griezmann and Coutinho would be Suarez and Iniesta, who both are getting up there in age.  Of course, Barcelona play a lot of games so there would be plenty to go around.  The manager would have some difficult decisions come the big games though. 

The other main problem, of course, is that the current board have no idea what they are doing and have completely ignored the talents coming out of La Masía.   

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3050 on: February 12, 2018, 01:55:36 pm »
Clueless lot, but he got what he wanted.

Yup.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ArthurDent

• Knows where his towel is!
  • Kopite
« Reply #3051 on: February 12, 2018, 03:51:17 pm »
Well isn't that really sad.
"Stop thinking about money. Only think about football." Jürgen Klopp 9th Oct 2015.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3052 on: February 17, 2018, 03:28:15 pm »

Eibar vs Barcelona - 3.15pm ko

0-0, 11 mins in - Eibar have them on the back foot so far...

http://f1livegp.stream/soccer/soccer.html or http://streamspn.com/tv/beins (both with Ray :))

more here - https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/comments/7y6vnz/1515_gmt_eibar_x_barcelona/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 03:57:18 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3053 on: February 17, 2018, 03:29:26 pm »
Coutinho starting so they can rest Inies......oh.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3054 on: February 17, 2018, 03:32:43 pm »

^ :) Aye, a bit weird that decision.

1-0 to Barca. Suarez on 16 mins - https://streamja.com/egJ

2-0 to Barca. Alba on 88 mins - https://streamja.com/PaQ

https://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/spain/laliga/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:59:55 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3055 on: February 17, 2018, 05:00:48 pm »
that was hell of a ball from coutinho for the goal..

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3056 on: February 17, 2018, 06:50:27 pm »
Alaves 1-0 up, great goal from Munir. Didn't know he's only 22, thought he'd be at least 24 by now as he's one I've thought has been around for ages. Had a couple of loans at this point so interesting to see where he is next season
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3057 on: February 18, 2018, 08:58:14 am »
that was hell of a ball from coutinho for the goal..

Good pass but he’s not starting regularly so makes his insistence to move even more bizarre.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: February 18, 2018, 01:19:22 pm »
Suarez having another strong season, odd, can we get an update from xxavi on just how broken down old man Suarez is?  Christ was he banging that drum last year..
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline robgomm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3059 on: February 18, 2018, 02:16:14 pm »
I thought he'd had a (marginally) worse season this year?! He scored bucketloads last season. I know he's had a few tricky spells, not scored in Europe yet this season for example but he can fix that next week.

31 and he's got 17 in 21 in the league.  ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3060 on: February 18, 2018, 04:43:34 pm »
Atletico will manage to get another 1-0 victory at home. Terrible football to watch like United but effective and still much better pace with the ball than United.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: February 18, 2018, 05:16:58 pm »
The Valverde comments about Coutinho don't seem too great for him. They'll have him as a back-up as long as Iniesta is able to play regularly, and that isn't a good look for a player bought for so much money.

He'll get a run out properly next season only, it seems. Needs to train and understand the system. And hope for a massive decline in Iniesta's game.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3062 on: February 18, 2018, 05:43:50 pm »
The Valverde comments about Coutinho don't seem too great for him. They'll have him as a back-up as long as Iniesta is able to play regularly, and that isn't a good look for a player bought for so much money.

He'll get a run out properly next season only, it seems. Needs to train and understand the system. And hope for a massive decline in Iniesta's game.

I will laugh if he loses his starting place for Brazil.

Offline robgomm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3063 on: February 18, 2018, 05:44:00 pm »
Probably why he wanted to go now because it'll take a while to adapt. It's not just him or Iniesta, there's Rakitic and Paulinho for him to displace too and he's got a shot with any of them and he's got years on them. Thinking long-term, for me Coutinho will become a key player.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3064 on: February 18, 2018, 05:54:12 pm »

I think Valverde is open to Iniesta leaving, at least that's what I understood from his comments re Iniesta-to-China questions. However, in a big match, Iniesta is always dependable, shows up. If he does that again in CL (where Coutinho cannot play), it will not be an easy walk into the 1st team for Coutinho.

This is in part why I said that buying Coutinho for 142m was a wrong decision. For that kind of money, you don't want a player to merely compete for a 1st team spot, for that kind of money, you want to buy a player who completely changes the team, elevates to the next level. Especially if Barca buy Griezmann in the summer, as rumored, I cannot see how all of these stars start together. Someone would have to be benched, someone very very expensive.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3065 on: February 18, 2018, 05:55:46 pm »
I will laugh if he loses his starting place for Brazil.

The Brazilian coach has already said only those playing on a regular basis will get picked, he is taking a huge risk.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3066 on: February 18, 2018, 05:56:39 pm »
The Brazilian coach has already said only those playing on a regular basis will get picked, he is taking a huge risk.
What is his competition for a BRazil spot?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: February 18, 2018, 05:58:11 pm »

What did he say?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3068 on: February 18, 2018, 06:02:24 pm »
What is his competition for a BRazil spot?

It looks like he has had a change of heart, but then he was one the people who wanted Coutinho to move to Barcelona. He had originally said anyone not playing would not get picked by Brazil. I have just come across this interview though.

Roberto Firmino and Willian among players promised Brazil World Cup spot by Tite
 http://shr.gs/o8WZBxG

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: February 18, 2018, 06:04:25 pm »
It looks like he has had a change of heart, but then he was one the people who wanted Coutinho to move to Barcelona. He had originally said anyone not playing would not get picked by Brazil. I have just come across this interview though.

Roberto Firmino and Willian among players promised Brazil World Cup spot by Tite
 http://shr.gs/o8WZBxG
Yeah, I think several Brazilian stars and the coach himself wanted Coutinho at Barca. The likes of Neymar are buddies with him.

Whether he plays regularly or not for Barca, I think he will start for them. Cannot think of many players in his position. Willian is a winger, isn't he?

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3070 on: February 18, 2018, 06:06:20 pm »
I think Valverde is open to Iniesta leaving, at least that's what I understood from his comments re Iniesta-to-China questions. However, in a big match, Iniesta is always dependable, shows up. If he does that again in CL (where Coutinho cannot play), it will not be an easy walk into the 1st team for Coutinho.

This is in part why I said that buying Coutinho for 142m was a wrong decision. For that kind of money, you don't want a player to merely compete for a 1st team spot, for that kind of money, you want to buy a player who completely changes the team, elevates to the next level. Especially if Barca buy Griezmann in the summer, as rumored, I cannot see how all of these stars start together. Someone would have to be benched, someone very very expensive.

Wouldn't Barca supporters be angry if Iniesta was allowed to go to China, especially if he performs well in the CL, like you mention? Like Rob mentions in the quoted post below, he probably has a better chance of displacing Paulinho or Rakitic next season. I don't think he will get a lot of starts this season because Valverde will want to maintain the balance of the team for all matches.

Probably why he wanted to go now because it'll take a while to adapt. It's not just him or Iniesta, there's Rakitic and Paulinho for him to displace too and he's got a shot with any of them and he's got years on them. Thinking long-term, for me Coutinho will become a key player.

Agreed, but long-term, you'll see a decline in Suarez and Messi. Dembele is having injury issues. Will he play on the wings in attack, or his preferred attacking CM role? Because I also see Messi continuing to drop deeper, where he'll want to dictate play similar to how Coutinho does. Is Messi the replacement to Iniesta, while Griezmann will take Messi's spot?

Nah, he'll be selected. He's too good to be ignored, even if he doesn't play regularly. And it helps that he's good mates with Neymar, who'll ensure he gets picked.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3072 on: February 18, 2018, 06:08:26 pm »
He will rotate this year as he wasn't bought for this year imo and I can't imagine Barcelona buying a player for that price to be back up. But there is no way he will lose his place in Brazil team.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3073 on: February 18, 2018, 06:09:03 pm »
Yeah, I think several Brazilian stars and the coach himself wanted Coutinho at Barca. The likes of Neymar are buddies with him.

Whether he plays regularly or not for Barca, I think he will start for them. Cannot think of many players in his position. Willian is a winger, isn't he?

Willian has played there before, but it looks as though the coach has changed his mind so he should be okay.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3074 on: February 18, 2018, 06:09:47 pm »
I think this is actually a perfect introduction to Barcelona. Valverde is keeping fans' expectations down with this move, while gradually bringing him into the fold ready to go at full pelt next season.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3075 on: February 18, 2018, 06:12:03 pm »
I wonder how Valverde will set up the team once Dembele is back.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3076 on: February 18, 2018, 06:18:02 pm »
Wouldn't Barca supporters be angry if Iniesta was allowed to go to China, especially if he performs well in the CL, like you mention? Like Rob mentions in the quoted post below, he probably has a better chance of displacing Paulinho or Rakitic next season. I don't think he will get a lot of starts this season because Valverde will want to maintain the balance of the team for all matches.
I personally would be against Iniesta leaving, but Valverde said he is "ready to discuss Iniesta-to-China if an offer arrives". Maybe he wants to play Coutinho, but also feels he must play Iniesta?

Re-Rakitic/Paulinho, that's exactly how I would do, i.e., I'd use a midfield trip of Busquets-Iniesta-Coutinho. But Valverde often goes 4-4-2 with 2 in the middle. So it is hard to start 3 midfielders like that. Coutinho gets shifted to the right and midfield 2 needs to be stronger in 4-4-2.

Agreed, but long-term, you'll see a decline in Suarez and Messi. Dembele is having injury issues. Will he play on the wings in attack, or his preferred attacking CM role? Because I also see Messi continuing to drop deeper, where he'll want to dictate play similar to how Coutinho does. Is Messi the replacement to Iniesta, while Griezmann will take Messi's spot?
Again, that's the only real "solution" I see. Have a trio of Dembele, Griezmann and Suarez up top and Messi behind in Iniesta's role. Where does Coutinho play I have no idea. Presumably also a part of a trio of midfield, but the line-up looks way too attacking:
------Busquets
Messi---------Coutinho

Dembele-Suarez--Griezmann

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3077 on: February 18, 2018, 06:51:18 pm »
I really hope the c*nts won't get Griezmann. Too bad that A.Madrid can't keep their players. In the last couple of years, they are fighting with two most horrible clubs on earth.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3078 on: February 18, 2018, 07:03:27 pm »
Griezmann is levels below what Barcelona already have in my opinion. He's good but I don't rate him that highly.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3079 on: February 18, 2018, 07:09:44 pm »
Griezmann is levels below what Barcelona already have in my opinion. He's good but I don't rate him that highly.
I think he is a great player but who will get the cut?