Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Samie, you know as well as anyone there's a huge difference between using data analytics to inform choices in recruitment, and using them as the primary methodology in making those decisions.

Yes there is mate. That's  why he's coming for an interview too. I don;t think Michael Edwards is going to give him the job without giving him a light grilling face to face.  :D
I think the problem with trying to find a good fit for our style of play is that so much of our style of play is driven by Klopp’s personality. You have to have a manager who players are willing to run through walls for. Is Slot charismatic?
I mean, this is pretty disrespectful to bald people. It’s literally all people are talking about.

I'm comfortable in my semi-baldness. People are just jealous.
If Ashley Young is going to be starting for them we've got to target him for the entirety of the game, he is one of the worst players in this entire league, accident waiting to happen for them
I'd love to know from the fellas who are taking the piss out of data and analytics driven teams such as us think which top tier club in 2024 isn;t data driven and hasn't got a Sporting Director?  ;D
Samie, you know as well as anyone there's a huge difference between using data analytics to inform choices in recruitment, and using them as the primary methodology in making those decisions.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by jckliew on Today at 10:57:39 pm »
Fairs.

These are my probabilities as things stand:
City 55%
Arsenal 35%
Us 5%

It's in Man City's hands and I don't see us matching their GD so we need them to lose one or draw two and we also need Arsenal to draw at least one whilst winning every game ourselves.

This is as it stands and not a prediction of future results. That's why I'd be pleased if we find ourselves in a decent position on the final day.
Where is the rest of the 5%?  The rest of the teams?  ;)
i put us at 1% chance now 
They're just bothering to use it anymore. Rugby tackles are now allowed.

It's absolutely pointless when fouls like that are allowed to go unpunished.
I will be too mate eventually but can’t hide my disappointment right now. If you told me in December Klopp was going and some guy called Slot was taking over I’d have laughed my head off.

No one thought Jurgen would be leaving in December. No one same wants him to leave, even now. But he’s going.

There almost certainly will be some kind of drop off, he’s a one off. I don’t know if Slot is the right guy, I’m honest enough to admit I don’t know enough about him, or frankly most of the names that were linked Toni’s. I don’t see how anyone can be so sure he’s going to be shite either.
I honestly think you’ll be in for a shock if you don’t get what a fall off we will have after Klopp. All you need to do is look at anyone from Wini to Mane to Countinho to see how Klopp elevates players to levels above their previous. We just have to hope this Slot gamble of epic proportions will pay off.

There's going to be a drop-off after Klopp whoever we hire, I fear. He's the best manager in the world. You couldn't replace Messi either, but that doesn't mean that over time you can't build a team of lesser players that can win a comparable number of games.

Slot may be a gamble, but I don't see how he's more of an epic gamble than anyone else gettable.

You can raise very valid concerns about literally every manager who might be an option. I would much rather gamble on a manager like Slot, Amorim or Motta who could easily be either a 4/10 or a 9/10, than go for more recognisable names who either have a personality that is the antithesis of Klopp, or are much more likely to just be a solid 7/10.

I genuinely don't know what people are expecting the club to do:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10