Author Topic: English Football Unique 2018/2019 Draft Proposal - Get Involvolvoled.  (Read 8345 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: English Football Unique 2018/2019 Draft Proposal - Get Involvolvoled.
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2019, 04:50:33 pm »
How about we randomize the positions just like the drafting order?

Love it. 

Keeps my man-love for Dusan Tadic, and Aly Cissoko pics alive.   

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2019, 04:51:41 pm »
How about we randomize the positions just like the drafting order?

I think running GK to FW allows people to plan their ringers best, and also makes sense for CBs and CMs.

Keeping track of all of this will be challenging enough (I have a spreadsheet) without randomising positions too ;D

I also think people get most excited about strikers so it builds tension towards the end.

And remember that there is no drafting order - you all choose at once ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 04:54:01 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2019, 04:54:55 pm »
Players will be considered on their quality in the season in which they are picked. Eg if you want your ringer to be Gerrard, specify which season’s Gerrard. The 98/99, 08/09 and 18/19 picks are judged on their quality at that point in their careers.

So my idea of picking Petr Cech (thinking no one else would think of him) in the first round wouldn't be as successful as I was hoping..!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2019, 04:55:30 pm »
So my idea of picking Petr Cech (thinking no one else would think of him) in the first round wouldn't be as successful as I was hoping..!

Well you could pick 2006/2007 Peter Cech as your ringer...

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2019, 04:58:29 pm »
Well you could pick 2006/2007 Peter Cech as your ringer...

I'm not than enamoured by Petr Cech ;D

It was just the only way I could think of getting a good top 6 keeper from last season that no one else would choose!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2019, 05:28:37 pm »
I think running GK to FW allows people to plan their ringers best, and also makes sense for CBs and CMs.

Keeping track of all of this will be challenging enough (I have a spreadsheet) without randomising positions too ;D

I also think people get most excited about strikers so it builds tension towards the end.

And remember that there is no drafting order - you all choose at once ;D

Cheers mate  8)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2019, 06:08:35 pm »
Just to clarify this is going to be players that have played in English football?

Is this just PL or all of english football?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2019, 06:10:34 pm »
Just to clarify this is going to be players that have played in English football?

PL or lower  ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2019, 06:15:51 pm »
PL or lower  ;)

But is it Premier league of before it became the PL? Like anytime through history kinda thing?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2019, 06:19:53 pm »
First time round, your pick must be from a team who finished in the top 6 in the PL in 2018/2019.
If your pick is invalid, you get another go. But next time, your pick must be from a team who finished between 7 and 13th in the PL. Another invalid pick and you choose from 14th to 20th in the PL. Then top half of the Championship, then bottom half, then League One, League Two, National League and so on.

I'm confused on this, if the first round is a goalkeeper pick, then there's literally only really 12 players to choose from? Does that not limit the pool somewhat?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2019, 06:34:59 pm »
I'm confused on this, if the first round is a goalkeeper pick, then there's literally only really 12 players to choose from? Does that not limit the pool somewhat?

That’s the point ;D

You have to try to avoid picking players that others go for. Every time you get duplicates you drop down to the next level of quality.

So it’s about psyching people out. Do you be bold and go for Alisson, or be conservative and pick Mignolet?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2019, 06:35:25 pm »

Will explain it all in the opening post.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2019, 06:37:23 pm »

12 Players  (top 6)
Then 12 players (middle 6)
Then 16 players (bottom 8)
Then Championship GK

Forgive me if I do not have the process down, but the benefit goes to those who find gems that others do not post/pick in the top 6 or 12?  No?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2019, 06:39:25 pm »
12 Players  (top 6)
Then 12 players (middle 6)
Then 16 players (bottom 8)
Them Championship

Forgive me if I do not have the process down, but the benefit goes to those who find gems that others do not post/pick in the top 6 or 12?  No?

Well yeah but hardly ‘gems’ like they’re hidden away. I don’t think anyone’s gonna go ‘wow great pick with Salah, I never thought of him’. It’s poker.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2019, 06:40:35 pm »
That’s the point ;D

You have to try to avoid picking players that others go for. Every time you get duplicates you drop down to the next level of quality.

So it’s about psyching people out. Do you be bold and go for Alisson, or be conservative and pick Mignolet?

Hmmm ok, understood.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2019, 06:45:46 pm »
Well yeah but hardly ‘gems’ like they’re hidden away. I don’t think anyone’s gonna go ‘wow great pick with Salah, I never thought of him’. It’s poker.

Well, that's where the multiple years thing and ringer is interesting.  What starts out as new and fresh then gets turned upside down when someone goes ringer or has another list to choose from.

And make no mistake -- no one gets Mo Salah in this draft as people will list his name just to prevent others from getting him (my best guess)--- the penalty for picking him is some guy on Bournemouth, so not so problematic.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2019, 06:58:28 pm »

Don't be complaining later Lobo when you end up with Arnautovic

;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2019, 07:13:41 pm »

;D

What I wouldn't give to see this :)

Marko ?
Marko ?
Marko?

Lobo!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2019, 07:20:27 pm »

;D

I’ve got my 3,000 word presentation on Akinfenwa sorted, fuck Arnautovic  8)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2019, 07:23:56 pm »
I’ve got my 3,000 word presentation on Akinfenwa sorted, fuck Arnautovic  8)

Words' arent needed for Akinfenwa, he speaks for himself    ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2019, 07:32:03 pm »
Words' arent needed for Akinfenwa, he speaks for himself    ;D

It’s not as impressive as it sounds, I just wrote his name 350 times.

Trend has done a cracking essay on Dean Windass though

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2019, 07:37:31 pm »

*snigger

Wind.Ass

Hehe hehe

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2019, 08:06:05 pm »

Just so you know, I love you when you're angry.   

3000 words?  You forgot pictures, gif's, and videos mate --- do not forget my multiple talents.

And lets be sure to honor your wordsmithing here (cracking, wind, ass) - make sure you cite Nicky Butt next time though  :wave
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2019, 08:10:03 pm »
So am I right in saying if you pick a double you then pick two picks at the same time the next time. So say a 7th-13th Goalkeeper and a top 6 right back. Then if you pick another double keeper and a double right back do you then pick three next round, so a 14th-20th goalkeeper, a 7th-13th right back and a top 6 left back. So technically you could be picking 12 in the last round?

Also if you pick a double as your ringer do you drop to the next level with your ringer and if so, do you have to use it on the same position or does it just have to be the next level down whenever you use it? So if you tried to pick Oblak and someone else did, would you then be forced to pick a 7th-13th ringer goalkeeper or just a 7th-13th ringer?

Also how do we decide who is eligible to be picked in each position? Is anyone eligible for any position but they have to play there? So can you pick Hazard at attacking mid, even though he mainly played left wing or do we have some way of deciding which position each person can play? And if it’s set positions does everyone have one or if a player played multiple positions are they eligible for both? And if they’re eligible for both can you pick them in another position if they’ve already been picked, if that pick was a double? (I’m assuming you can’t have the same player actually picked twice, when not doubles) so say two people pick Salah on right wing, can someone else then pick him as a striker?

And I’m assuming the level refreshes each time so if you pick a double, you don’t stay at 7th-13th level for the rest?

Sorry for all the questions, just clarifying a few points.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2019, 08:16:25 pm »
So am I right in saying if you pick a double you then pick two picks at the same time the next time. So say a 7th-13th Goalkeeper and a top 6 right back. Then if you pick another double keeper and a double right back do you then pick three next round, so a 14th-20th goalkeeper, a 7th-13th right back and a top 6 left back. So technically you could be picking 12 in the last round?

YEP

Also if you pick a double as your ringer do you drop to the next level with your ringer and if so, do you have to use it on the same position or does it just have to be the next level down whenever you use it? So if you tried to pick Oblak and someone else did, would you then be forced to pick a 7th-13th ringer goalkeeper or just a 7th-13th ringer?

SEE THE NEW POST. IF YOUR RINGER IS INVALID, YOUR PICK SWITCHES BACK TO THE RELEVANT SEASON (EG 2018/2019) AND THE NEXT TIER DOWN. THAT'S YOUR CHANCE AT A RINGER OVER...

Also how do we decide who is eligible to be picked in each position? Is anyone eligible for any position but they have to play there? So can you pick Hazard at attacking mid, even though he mainly played left wing or do we have some way of deciding which position each person can play? And if it’s set positions does everyone have one or if a player played multiple positions are they eligible for both? And if they’re eligible for both can you pick them in another position if they’ve already been picked, if that pick was a double? (I’m assuming you can’t have the same player actually picked twice, when not doubles) so say two people pick Salah on right wing, can someone else then pick him as a striker?

ANY PLAYER CAN PLAY ANY POSITION AS LONG AS THEYVE NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN PICKED OR RULED INVALID. SALAH CAN PLAY IN GOAL AND LOVREN CAN PLAY UP FRONT. BUT THEY HAVE TO PLAY IN THOSE POSITIONS.

And I’m assuming the level refreshes each time so if you pick a double, you don’t stay at 7th-13th level for the rest?

EXACTLY

Sorry for all the questions, just clarifying a few points.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2019, 08:20:19 pm »
Your team might therefore at the end be, for example:
Alisson (Tier 1 GK)
Wan-Bissake (Tier 2 RB)
Rose (Tier 1 LB)
Lovren (Tier 1 CB)
Stam (Tier 1 CB 98/99)
Ward-Prowse (Tier 3 CM)
Xabi Alonso (Tier 1 CM 08/09)
Sigurdsson (Tier 2 AM)
Felipe Anderson (Tier 2 RW)
Giggs (Ringer 00-01 season LW)
Son (Tier 1 FW)
Shaqiri (Tier 1 Super-sub)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2019, 08:31:17 pm »
question, can you purposely pick a player outside of the top six in your first go? For instance, lets say you identify a player outside of the top six that you would like to get, would you be able to select said player, or you can only do so if you pick a double?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2019, 08:36:33 pm »
question, can you purposely pick a player outside of the top six in your first go? For instance, lets say you identify a player outside of the top six that you would like to get, would you be able to select said player, or you can only do so if you pick a double?

Nope. You can only move to the second tier if your first tier pick is invalid. Harsh but it creates more risk of invalid picks which is what ultimately adds spice.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 08:38:51 pm by JerseyKloppite »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2019, 08:37:13 pm »

My understanding is that you have to pick from top 6 (which creates more blocking) than immediately going to the next level.

Only problem is if you love the players from Wolves to Newcastle as first choice players.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2019, 08:38:21 pm »
My understanding is that you have to pick from top 6 (which creates more blocking) than immediately going to the next level.

Only problem is if you love the players from Wolves to Newcastle as first choice players.

Or Everton...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2019, 08:43:51 pm »
Nope. You can only move to the second tier if your first tier pick is invalid. Harsh but it creates more risk of invalid picks which is what ultimately adds spice.

Cheeky fecker  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2019, 08:49:15 pm »
Or Everton...

Who are they?  Only have been following English football since they beginning of the Prem. 

Someone help me here?  I am in the dark.  Everton?   You mean the Brazilian attacker right?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2019, 09:14:59 pm »
Do the positions with the different years drop down to the next tier in that year or revert to 2018-19?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2019, 09:32:57 pm »
Do the positions with the different years drop down to the next tier in that year or revert to 2018-19?

That year. So for 98-99 the top tiers are:
Tier 1 - Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, West Ham, Aston Villa
Tier 2 - Liverpool, Derby, Middlesbrough, Leicester, Spurs, Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle
Tier 3 - Everton, Coventry, Wimbledon, Southampton, Charlton, Blackburn, Nottingham Forest

And for 2008-2009 the top tiers are:
Tier 1 - Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Aston Villa
Tier 2 - Fulham, Spurs, West Ham, Man City, Wigan, Stoke, Bolton
Tier 3 - Portsmouth, Blackburn, Sunderland, Hull, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, WBA

Ringers can be taken from any year, any tier, but must be chosen in the correct position pick, and as first tier choices (ie the equivalent of a top 6 pick).

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2019, 10:05:16 pm »
So the plan is as follows (tbc tomorrow).

First round will be GK. All players will be 2018/2019 with three exceptions, to keep it interesting.

One of your two CBs will be from the 1998/1999 season.
One of your two CMs will be from the 2008/2009 season.
One player can be a ringer from any Premier League season (1992/1993 onwards).

Players will be considered on their quality in the season in which they are picked. Eg if you want your ringer to be Gerrard, specify which season’s Gerrard. The 98/99, 08/09 and 18/19 picks are judged on their quality at that point in their careers.

Will all teams have to include a CB from 98/99 & a CM from 08/09 or are we able to use our ringer for these rounds if we wanted to?
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2019, 10:08:27 pm »

We may have both ended up picking from the second tier ;)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2019, 10:14:44 pm »
Will all teams have to include a CB from 98/99 & a CM from 08/09 or are we able to use our ringer for these rounds if we wanted to?

I believe all teams will have to do that, the ringer is an additional option, but those two are requirements .

The CB selection from that year has to be your second CB  not your first. Same for the Cm has to be your second CM selection for that one, not your first.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2019, 10:20:35 pm »

I believe all teams will have to do that, the ringer is an additional option, but those two are requirements .

The CB selection from that year has to be your second CB  not your first. Same for the Cm has to be your second CM selection for that one, not your first.

I don't think that there's anything that in theory could stop you using your ringer for the 98/99 or 08/09 rounds. I'm not going to ban people from doing it. But I feel that you might waste an opportunity to get some more interesting players in ;D

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2019, 10:22:05 pm »

Hmm, I know your game...

Whole career is the general rule of thumb.

:D