Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1406768 times)

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #7640 on: March 6, 2019, 02:54:23 pm »
that goes without saying, but it's fun to see what alternative paths Klopp could take as that breeds discussion, if we all thought like you there'd be no point in threads as "IT'S FUCKING GREAT" would probably be posted over and over - of course you get superfans that throw mud at you personally if you challenge even the smallest of decisions but it's also fun watching them do mental gymnastics to defend obvious mistakes.

I remember in the summer a few of us got lambasted for wanting Allison in over Karius I know it's hilarious to think of it now but I spent a good few pages arguing about why we need an upgrade when one is available of course I was met with the classics "Klopp knows best" mantra, some stats of Karius's purple patch to support their outrage.  Thankfully Klopp did know best and in the end his pragmatism won and we got the upgrade.

Sorry that's nonsense. I was responding to the specific claim made in the post that some liverpool fans are worried VVD and salah might leave at the end of the year. My entire point is that worrying about what may or may not happen in the summer is a totally pointless excercise and if you're arsed about that when we're having a record breaking season points wise then you might as well give up on the whole thing. It's an example of people very simply not enjoying what's in front of them, because maybe at some point things might happen that they don't like.

Fuck that. Enjoy it.

And, for what it's worth - further to my previous post - I wanted Karius binned too. Like I say, when it's shite call it shite. It's fucking great at the moment.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7641 on: March 6, 2019, 02:54:34 pm »
that goes without saying, but it's fun to see what alternative paths Klopp could take as that breeds discussion, if we all thought like you there'd be no point in threads as "IT'S FUCKING GREAT" would probably be posted over and over - of course you get superfans that throw mud at you personally if you challenge even the smallest of decisions but it's also fun watching them do mental gymnastics to defend obvious mistakes.

I remember in the summer a few of us got lambasted for wanting Allison in over Karius I know it's hilarious to think of it now but I spent a good few pages arguing about why we need an upgrade when one is available of course I was met with the classics "Klopp knows best" mantra, some stats of Karius's purple patch to support their outrage.  Thankfully Klopp did know best and in the end his pragmatism won and we got the upgrade.

it's also fun seeing some talk absolute shite on a consistent basis and use ''superfans'' as an excuse for something.

There were plenty of people who wanted a better keeper before Karius made the mistakes, there were plenty who wanted Alisson before we even signed him before the final. I know I certainly did.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7642 on: March 6, 2019, 02:59:09 pm »
Sorry that's nonsense. I was responding to the specific claim made in the post that some liverpool fans are worried VVD and salah might leave at the end of the year. My entire point is that worrying about what may or may not happen in the summer is a totally pointless excercise and if you're arsed about that when we're having a record breaking season points wise then you might as well give up on the whole thing. It's an example of people very simply not enjoying what's in front of them, because maybe at some point things might happen that they don't like.

Fuck that. Enjoy it.

And, for what it's worth - further to my previous post - I wanted Karius binned too. Like I say, when it's shite call it shite. It's fucking great at the moment.

Well said

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7643 on: March 6, 2019, 03:06:15 pm »
It's a cycle though, we challenge we lose Suarez, we lose Sterling. We rebuild, we challenge we lose Phil, we rebuild, we challenge...

Well i can assure you that Ill be moaning about it mercilessly if we do sell any of them two. In the meantime, we cannot worry about it.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7644 on: March 6, 2019, 03:07:26 pm »
We’re a year ahead of schedule, I don’t think anybody expected a serious title challenge this season. We narrowly clinched top 4 in 16/17, consolidated it in 17/18 and then this year maybe an outside shot at the league should have been expected, being frontrunners for long periods was beyond all expectation. Next season every player in the squad will be there because Klopp wants them to be and he’ll be able to use players to change the game. We still can’t do that unfortunately and it could be the thing that brings us short. It might not be, the front three could hit their straps.
Good point about being a year ahead of schedule

Fuck that. Enjoy it.

Here's a radical thought, humans can hold more than one feeling at a time - we can be happy at progress to the points tally, at the same time being disappointed that even that might still not be good enough to win the league and how that might affect the future as we've been there before.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Online Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7645 on: March 6, 2019, 03:09:18 pm »
Let Roy Hodgson give us one gift, he never could as our manager. Palace have some tools to do damage.
Palace are crap at home though, particularly against the bigger sides.  They've beaten Man City once this season but I really struggle to see how they beat them again

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7646 on: March 6, 2019, 03:13:39 pm »
Good point about being a year ahead of schedule
Here's a radical thought, humans can hold more than one feeling at a time - we can be happy at progress to the points tally, at the same time being disappointed that even that might still not be good enough to win the league and how that might affect the future as we've been there before.

It's not a particularly radical thought, it's quite a common trope on RAWK at present. I didn't see a lot of the former, but plenty of the latter, in the post I was replying to. Hence my post was in turn reflective of that.

We'll all enjoy this ride in different ways I suppose. I won't for a single second have concerns about players leaving us during the run to may [June if we're lucky] unless something extraordinary like Salah handing in a transfer request on the eve of the chelsea game happens. It appears others will. Personally I find that a bit odd, but whatever.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7647 on: March 6, 2019, 03:18:28 pm »
Palace are crap at home though, particularly against the bigger sides.  They've beaten Man City once this season but I really struggle to see how they beat them again

Hopefully they surprise us; Pep tries his 80% possession trick and Palace get some balls into Zaha and Batman and do some damage.
You never know!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7648 on: March 6, 2019, 03:18:45 pm »
Well this thread was fun whilst it lasted  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7649 on: March 6, 2019, 03:26:56 pm »
It's not a particularly radical thought, it's quite a common trope on RAWK at present. I didn't see a lot of the former, but plenty of the latter, in the post I was replying to. Hence my post was in turn reflective of that.

We'll all enjoy this ride in different ways I suppose. I won't for a single second have concerns about players leaving us during the run to may [June if we're lucky] unless something extraordinary like Salah handing in a transfer request on the eve of the chelsea game happens. It appears others will. Personally I find that a bit odd, but whatever.
It's common for people to think differently yes, glad we can agree on that, funny how you took one post and concluded a common RAWK trope from that. RAWK is one of the most positive fan bases on the internet I get labelled as a bedwetter, negative, etc on here. In the pubs and at work I'm the deluded, overly positive LFC fan. I'm not complaining I enjoy all diversity of opinions even if I don't understand them.

By the way do you have life insurance?

edit: I ask this as your inclination to live in the moment and not think of consequences is fun but can be dangerous 
« Last Edit: March 6, 2019, 03:29:02 pm by SlowRap »
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #7650 on: March 6, 2019, 03:30:55 pm »
What a day, another day closer to summer and spring is imminently upon us and the reds are in the thick of a title challenge against the Harlem Globe Trotters.  What a time to be a Kopite, rather be chasing titles than chasing shadows around a football pitch.  1 point constitutes us breathing down their neck so lets continue in  this vein and become relentless like a dog with a bone. You  never know what might happen , it's a funny old game.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7651 on: March 6, 2019, 03:30:57 pm »
It's common for people to think differently yes, glad we can agree on that, funny how you took one post and concluded a common RAWK trope from that. RAWK is one of the most positive fan bases on the internet I get labelled as a bedwetter, negative, etc on here. In the pubs and at work I'm the deluded, overly positive LFC fan. I'm not complaining I enjoy all diversity of opinions even if I don't understand them.

By the way do you have life insurance?

edit: I ask this as your inclination to live in the moment and not think of consequences is fun but can be dangerous

Come for the football opinions, stay for the insurance sales.

Edit: Again, I'm not sure how not worrying about players maybe leaving liverpool can be categorized as 'dangerous', but I think I've done enough posting with you now to completely fucking butcher this thread so I'll duck out.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2019, 03:34:07 pm by Sharado »

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #7652 on: March 6, 2019, 03:32:05 pm »
a draw will do nicely
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7653 on: March 6, 2019, 03:34:41 pm »
The realistic expectation is we will drop more points from here on as I dont see us winning all our games to the end of the season. Before we panic though I dont see City winning all their games either so whatever happens from here on we just have to expect the unexpected. City may thrash Utd but lose against Palace. We could do the same so just stay in the race until the fat lady sings.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7654 on: March 6, 2019, 03:45:45 pm »
I think that the big issue with the Leicester game (asides from the Maguire & Keita incidents) was the weather, particularly the icy (snow and slippy) pitch. You could see, especially in the first half, how tentative the players were, and how many errors, slips etc happened due to the state of the pitch.
Unfortunately there is nothing that we could have done about that. It was the same for both sides, but I still believe that it was a 'leveller'. Had we played the night before (as City had. Bt by Newcastle), I think we might have had a different outcome.
You also need a bit of luck to win a title. On that night we didn't get it. (and I'm still trying not to discuss that goal line decision v Man City................What if 11mm is the difference between winning the League or not...............?)

11mm may as well be 11 meters. It isn't over the line.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7655 on: March 6, 2019, 03:46:54 pm »

They were a last minute missed penalty away from beating Man City at Selhurst Park last season.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #7656 on: March 6, 2019, 04:21:14 pm »
Bottling..

Heard a bit about this on Press Box on LFCTV when discussing the title race. So went and looked it up.

Mancini and Man City "bottled" their title challenge in 2011/12. This was their first title in 44 years. So imagine the press and the angst of City supporters during this stretch:
30th match Drew with Stoke Away
31st match Drew with Sunderland Home
32nd match lost to Arsenal away.

8 points dropped in three consecutive matches down the stretch. Chasing the vaunted Man Utd, who don't bottle title challenges.

They went on to win their final 6 matches and won with Aguero's goal in time added on.

Man Utd, now 8 points ahead at the time with only 6 matches left, on the other hand lost to Wigan away the 33rd match of the season. Which they were massive favorites to beat as they had kept five clean sheets in a row prior to this match. And then drew with Everton the 35th match at home, another side they were favorites to beat. Those five dropped points allowed City to get to 3 points behind United and then City beat United match day 36 with two more matches left in the season to go top on goal difference. A Man Utd side managed by Fergie who never bottled a championship race in his life.

Just pointing this out because there are more twists and turns left this season to see who wins the League.  :wave
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7657 on: March 6, 2019, 04:42:06 pm »
Bottling..

Heard a bit about this on Press Box on LFCTV when discussing the title race. So went and looked it up.

Mancini and Man City "bottled" their title challenge in 2011/12. This was their first title in 44 years. So imagine the press and the angst of City supporters during this stretch:

8 points dropped in three consecutive matches down the stretch. Chasing the vaunted Man Utd, who don't bottle title challenges.

They went on to win their final 6 matches and won with Aguero's goal in time added on.

Man Utd, now 8 points ahead at the time with only 6 matches left, on the other hand lost to Wigan away the 33rd match of the season. Which they were massive favorites to beat as they had kept five clean sheets in a row prior to this match. And then drew with Everton the 35th match at home, another side they were favorites to beat. Those five dropped points allowed City to get to 3 points behind United and then City beat United match day 36 with two more matches left in the season to go top on goal difference. A Man Utd side managed by Fergie who never bottled a championship race in his life.

Just pointing this out because there are more twists and turns left this season to see who wins the League.  :wave

Doesn't suit the narrative though  :D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7658 on: March 6, 2019, 04:51:38 pm »

Shame on me.. :(

:D

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #7659 on: March 6, 2019, 04:53:09 pm »

Too right, get with the program 4pool. *Shakes head
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #7660 on: March 6, 2019, 04:57:17 pm »
Bottling..

Huh! Who needs 'facts' in this day and age.

Begone you factmonger!

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7661 on: March 6, 2019, 04:59:54 pm »
In my best Jar Jar Binks voice...my give up, my give up.... ;D

Offline Reds r coming up the hill

• Main Stander
« Reply #7662 on: March 6, 2019, 05:00:09 pm »
Nicely put 4pool.

We all want to win it this year, I think the only thing we can influence as supporters is the atmosphere in the ground home and away. Those like myself who don't get to go to many matches can just do our best to stay as positive as possible.

Unlike a lot of the negative posters who have already downed tools we can look to what has happened in the past to take solace that the League is not lost with 9 games to play and being 1 point behind.
For the posters and supporters who are still in it to win it, in it to support Klopp and the Team, my hat is off to you!
Sure we can be critical but as most arguments put forward have already been knocked back by posts such as yours why bother to be negative when critical thinking can also provide the alternate positive. Being negative here will have no good outcome, where staying positive imo may.

I think but maybe wrong if supporters remain positive and with the team, it shows a sense of belief that we will win it and this is better than the alternate where it looks like we have as fans bottled it.

Offline Reds r coming up the hill

• Main Stander
« Reply #7663 on: March 6, 2019, 05:06:47 pm »
Bottling..

D'ont post much so I just realised I had to select  "Quote" to add  your post to my comment .. and if your post  was put on the top of every page in the thread I think many might reclaim their s*it.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #7664 on: March 6, 2019, 06:59:48 pm »
Bottling..

I like this post.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #7665 on: March 6, 2019, 07:37:38 pm »
Bottling..

Cracking post.

Too much negativity and moaning from some. Too many people already lowering expectations, talking up City, and saying 'we'll challenge next year' if we fall short.

We haven't fallen short. The season isn't over. Anything can happen.

Enjoy it!
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7666 on: March 6, 2019, 07:49:24 pm »
Cracking post.

Too much negativity and moaning from some. Too many people already lowering expectations, talking up City, and saying 'we'll challenge next year' if we fall short.

We haven't fallen short. The season isn't over. Anything can happen.

Enjoy it!

We don’t even need ‘anything’ to happen

They’ve got more games left than us
They’ve played more games than us
Fernandinho is out
De Bruyne is out
Laporte is out
On paper their run in looks slightly trickier

I’m honestly flabbergasted by the amount of ‘oh well at least we tried but no shame in falling short’ nonsense I’ve seen. We’re a fucking point behind with nine games to go and we’ve just ticked off the two historically tough fixtures we had left. I’d rather be ten, seven, five, three, one point ahead or ahead on goal difference at this point but fucking hell I think most people would logically say everything is pointing to a terribly close finish here.

We’re not exactly requiring snookers

There’s this bizarre idea that once City are in front, there’s no catching them. When we drew at Arsenal that was already meant to be it. Guess what...?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #7667 on: March 6, 2019, 09:10:55 pm »
I think most people would logically say everything is pointing to a terribly close finish here.

Been saying it for a while now, this title fight is nailed on to go all the way down to the very last day of the season

The next 8 fixtures are nothing more than a prelude to what awaits us on the 12th of May

People really ought to start preparing themselves for that
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7668 on: March 6, 2019, 09:54:40 pm »
In those dark nights where I've wondered "What if we don't win?", I've had a sense that this is only our first title challenge and not our last. Only a middle stage of our evolution and that makes me a lot less anxious and gives me confidence. I think this is Jurgen's message too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #7669 on: March 6, 2019, 09:57:06 pm »
In those dark nights where I've wondered "What if we don't win?", I've had a sense that this is only our first title challenge and not our last. Only a middle stage of our evolution and that makes me a lot less anxious and gives me confidence. I think this is Jurgen's message too.

Exactly. This isn't a flash-in-the-pan season like 13/14 and 08/09. We're here to keep on competing.

Still want to fucking win it though!

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7670 on: March 6, 2019, 10:02:33 pm »
Exactly. This isn't a flash-in-the-pan season like 13/14 and 08/09. We're here to keep on competing.

Still want to fucking win it though!
Manchester City will get stronger, the Mancs are getting stronger, Chelsea will come again with their money....... and I think when Jurgen’s contract comes to an end he will look for a new project/challenge.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7671 on: March 6, 2019, 10:04:29 pm »
Manchester City will get stronger, the Mancs are getting stronger, Chelsea will come again with their money....... and I think when Jurgen’s contract comes to an end he will look for a new project/challenge.

Fucking hell how much stronger is City going to get? 110 points next season? 120?

What money do Chelsea have? They will probably lose Hazard and may not make the CL.

They dont spend like they do.

Plus how can others improve but not us?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #7672 on: March 6, 2019, 10:07:33 pm »

City can't get much stronger. Man Utd are a bit of an enigma at the moment - no guarentee that Ole (who will most likely be getting the job now) will keep up their form. Chelsea will also be losing players and require rebuilding and most likely with a new manager.

Most importantly we will get stronger. Actually if anything I would expect next season to be our peak under Klopp if we can get a couple of attacking reinforcements in, hopefully with a team of veteran title-winners  ;)
« Last Edit: March 6, 2019, 10:09:50 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7673 on: March 6, 2019, 10:14:51 pm »

Knocking it on the head now, me.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7674 on: March 6, 2019, 10:19:07 pm »
Much more pressure on us now with United winning number four, we really must win the only trophy available to us.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #7675 on: March 6, 2019, 10:21:56 pm »
With City winning the league and United the champions league this week, we should just get on with pre-season.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7676 on: March 6, 2019, 10:22:15 pm »
PSG's elimination has blown the Champions League wide open. City are really going to fancy it from here, can only be good news for us in the Premier League.

PSG's elimination is also good news for us in the Champions League of course...

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7677 on: March 6, 2019, 10:23:56 pm »
With City winning the league and United the champions league this week, we should just get on with pre-season.

I’d prefer us to finish 7th but I think if we purposely lose all our games to miss out on Europe and have a good crack next season we’d still end up 6th cos we’re too far ahead. Annoying.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7678 on: March 6, 2019, 10:24:26 pm »
PSG's elimination has blown the Champions League wide open. City are really going to fancy it from here, can only be good news for us in the Premier League.

PSG's elimination is also good news for us in the Champions League of course...

Certainly could focus City’s mind on it which is great.

Dont agree about the latter though.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7679 on: March 6, 2019, 10:31:12 pm »
Spurs have lost 8 and are only 9 points behind...

We have dropped silly points. The 1 loss as impressive as it sounds is irrelevant

How is it irrelevant? We're 1 point off the top in March and I'd say that's the reason why. We have so many draws because our defence has been elite even when we haven't been at our best. We've won a few tight games because of it, and yeah drawn a few. A complete transformation from last season.