Author Topic: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP  (Read 62425 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP
« Reply #40 on: January 9, 2019, 10:15:49 am »
cheers, would be interesting if they can link payment cards between accounts as that’s another way, and if they still have the records of the banned ones see who they were linked to and see if there is potentially something there

Digital cards don't really have a fixed name / address so touts more than likely use those. I.e. You could literally fake a name and use a random address if you wanted to sign up as a member and do the same for billing details.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 9, 2019, 10:18:55 am »
Hope you get this sorted mate. I just don't understand why this seems a logical conclusion by the club at all?

I had to help a friend's friend pickup an away ticket last season. This person was comfortable paying tout prices. It was a player's family member. I was shocked. I won't say a name but this is the sort of thing the club should be investigating. Not people sharing tickets with friends.
YNWA.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 9, 2019, 11:03:26 am »
Yes. Let's not mention names.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #43 on: January 9, 2019, 11:06:56 am »
There used to be 2 people who's job it was a few years back to investigate the touts and after receiving death threats and bullets through the post decided it wasn't worth it.

It's a full time wage for a tout selling tickets once a week without carrying anything illegall so no wonder they will do anything to stop the club from investigating it all

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 9, 2019, 11:38:02 am »
The thing that reeeeeally pisses me off about it all is that quite often when I go up the ground to pick up tickets from the local sales, I'll see fellas hanging about and I know they're touts cos you just know, don't you? A few times I've seen them chatting to the stewards and going to the windows to ask if its sold out. They know who they are and they let them operate outside the TO.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 9, 2019, 11:42:49 am »
^^ True.

Who did you sell your tickets to tiger tony

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: January 9, 2019, 11:45:27 am »
The ticket investigating team are all ex coppers and the reason the stewards etc allow it cos they’ve probably been bribed

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 9, 2019, 11:46:14 am »
There used to be 2 people who's job it was a few years back to investigate the touts and after receiving death threats and bullets through the post decided it wasn't worth it.

It's a full time wage for a tout selling tickets once a week without carrying anything illegall so no wonder they will do anything to stop the club from investigating it all
Touting football tickets is illegal.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 9, 2019, 11:53:17 am »
So is fox hunting but people in authority turn a blind eye to it as they don't Want to bite the hand that feeds them The same as touting

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: January 9, 2019, 11:54:57 am by nickyd186 »
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 9, 2019, 11:53:25 am »

wtf!??!  :o
YNWA.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 9, 2019, 12:09:46 pm »
wtf!??!  :o

It's true.

This isn't just a bunch of people sticking 10 20 30 quid on each ticket. Its thousands of pounds exchanging hands every single game. Hence why some fella with a clip board checking the odd ticket at turnstyle is there as a nice token gesture of 'we're doing something about touting' - but is in no way qualified to bring this huge operation of touting down. Like I say, they can't and they won't.

It'll go on until supply exceeds demand (new ground).

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 9, 2019, 12:17:18 pm »
It's true.

This isn't just a bunch of people sticking 10 20 30 quid on each ticket. Its thousands of pounds exchanging hands every single game. Hence why some fella with a clip board checking the odd ticket at turnstyle is there as a nice token gesture of 'we're doing something about touting' - but is in no way qualified to bring this huge operation of touting down. Like I say, they can't and they won't.

It'll go on until supply exceeds demand (new ground).

Oh no, I understand fully the amounts of money that can be made, just shocked that they must have tracked the individuals and then chose to threaten them like that.
YNWA.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 9, 2019, 12:21:22 pm »
Oh no, I understand fully the amounts of money that can be made, just shocked that they must have tracked the individuals and then chose to threaten them like that.
Wouldn't be difficult at all. Circles you wouldn't want to get involved with

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #53 on: January 9, 2019, 12:22:21 pm »

Didn't say it wasn't but your only carrying around tickets and cards not a few oz of gear

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 9, 2019, 12:26:12 pm »
whem you have ppl within the club helping the resell of these tickets this needs to be stopped. All the tickets r bought on stolen credit cards also

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #55 on: January 9, 2019, 01:24:26 pm »
Hope you get it sorted Tony. Can't tweet from in work but I will later on the bus home.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Tconroy

• Main Stander
« Reply #56 on: January 9, 2019, 02:09:14 pm »
whem you have ppl within the club helping the resell of these tickets this needs to be stopped. All the tickets r bought on stolen credit cards also

Thats nuts! big statement! Scandalous if true!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 9, 2019, 02:17:22 pm »
if touting tickets is illegal then why is it openly happening on websites?

I can't think of anything else illegal that is so openly done on the internet without being shut down.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 9, 2019, 02:35:29 pm »

I can't think of anything else illegal that is so openly done on the internet without being shut down.

The club know of this and are actively buying them off there remember the sting at Bournemouth away last season

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 9, 2019, 02:54:06 pm »

It's not legal, but I don't think you'd ever get arrested for it as such.

Ticket Reselling and Football
Reselling of football tickets is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, however, this does not stop ticket touts who frequently sell tickets outside football grounds for inflated prices. The act makes clear that a person will have committed an offence where they are unauthorised to sell tickets and sell a ticket for a designated football match, or otherwise dispose of a football match ticket to another person.

However, often ticket touts will sell football merchandise that comes with a ‘free match ticket’ to evade the legislation. As a result, the law was amended by section 53 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006, which places the following further restrictions on the resale of football match tickets:

• Newspapers cannot advertise on behalf of ticket touts
• Ticket touts are prevented from making the claim that merchandise comes with a ‘free match ticket.'
• Section 166 will also apply to those offering tickets with a hospitality package
• Section 166 will also apply to people who provide tickets to touts.
Where a person is convicted of football ticket touting, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and also have a football banning order placed upon them.

That 'unauthorised' bit is interesting though, because it doesn't mention anything about prices and essentially just selling on a ticket puts everyone in the 'tout' bracket as far as the law goes, face or not.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2019, 02:56:07 pm by Claire. »

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 9, 2019, 03:32:15 pm »
The club know of this and are actively buying them off there remember the sting at Bournemouth away last season

You seem very naïve. Actively buying them off there since Bournemouth Away LAST season? if that was the case they would be at least making inroads to the problem regarding away tickets. Those that go to the aways will know that is not the case.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 9, 2019, 04:18:02 pm »
You seem very naïve. Actively buying them off there since Bournemouth Away LAST season? if that was the case they would be at least making inroads to the problem regarding away tickets. Those that go to the aways will know that is not the case.

Not naive mate, having been under investigation myself last season, had a conference call with lfc solicitor and ticket investigator and then found innocent of any wrong doing I know exactly what’s gone on.  They have been making inroads loads had issues at Burnley of non working tickets.  They bought a load at Bournemouth last year and cancelled the members cards of the tickets . Why do you think ticketbis at least in the uk don’t sell premier league tickets anymore

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 9, 2019, 04:41:49 pm »
Not naive mate, having been under investigation myself last season, had a conference call with lfc solicitor and ticket investigator and then found innocent of any wrong doing I know exactly what’s gone on.  They have been making inroads loads had issues at Burnley of non working tickets.  They bought a load at Bournemouth last year and cancelled the members cards of the tickets . Why do you think ticketbis at least in the uk don’t sell premier league tickets anymore

Looks like they're not selling any tickets in the UK anymore, good!

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 9, 2019, 05:00:32 pm »
Tony you had any response from anyone at the club or SOS since posting on twitter?

What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 9, 2019, 05:45:33 pm »
Tony you had any response from anyone at the club or SOS since posting on twitter?

Based on my experience it will take some time if he does

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #65 on: January 9, 2019, 05:49:05 pm »
remember the sting at Bournemouth away last season
What sting? It looked full as normal and the same people could apply this year surely? 

Found your tweet Tony, liked and RT. For anyone else who wants to do the same...

https://twitter.com/TonyMc250505/status/1082711204789927937?s=19

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 9, 2019, 05:53:24 pm »
What sting? It looked full as normal and the same people could apply this year surely? 

Found your tweet Tony, liked and RT. For anyone else who wants to do the same...

https://twitter.com/TonyMc250505/status/1082711204789927937?s=19

Nope if you look on the website they reference it in an article on touts. They bought a load of ticketbis n then cancelled the memberships

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #67 on: January 9, 2019, 05:57:48 pm »
And yet very few on 18 got tkts in Dec. Just doesn't quite add up unless they were from corporates or sponsors

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #68 on: January 9, 2019, 05:59:09 pm »
Saw your tweet earlier on Twitter and gave it at RT

Hope you get the issue resolved mate

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 9, 2019, 06:08:52 pm »
And yet very few on 18 got tkts in Dec. Just doesn't quite add up unless they were from corporates or sponsors

Sort of. All they did was to ensure everyone on 19 was able to buy one.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 9, 2019, 06:21:58 pm »

So the ultra corporates on the Seat next to me get the chance to get as many aways as they want . We get balloted they eat into both our 10 percent and the normal allocation

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2019, 09:32:46 am »
Really don't get this. Surely the club know people pass their tickets on to mates etc. when they can't go? The ticket exchange on here for example... is that illegal in the clubs eyes? I'm stumped.

I never knew we had to write a letter to tell the club someone else is using my card or whatever...?

How is this any different?

I obviously get the selling on thing, but you clearly didnt do that in this case. Ridiculous

Offline KOPAG3

• Boys Pen
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2019, 09:41:29 am »
Scandalous what's happened to Tony here, surely SOS or someone must be able to get his membership back?

Seems like the club will do anything it takes to take tickets back between now and the end of the season!!!!

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2019, 09:51:39 am »
Really don't get this. Surely the club know people pass their tickets on to mates etc. when they can't go? The ticket exchange on here for example... is that illegal in the clubs eyes? I'm stumped.

I never knew we had to write a letter to tell the club someone else is using my card or whatever...?

How is this any different?

I obviously get the selling on thing, but you clearly didnt do that in this case. Ridiculous

So the club never used to care about passing tickets on but when the ticket holder hardly attends and regular ppl sitting near them  see this and report them then club get suspicious 😒

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2019, 09:52:55 am »
Scandalous what's happened to Tony here, surely SOS or someone must be able to get his membership back?

Seems like the club will do anything it takes to take tickets back between now and the end of the season!!!!

He best option is a hand delivered letter to peter moore

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2019, 10:02:20 am »
Gifted a ticket to the derby to a 'mate' from malta eh. lol.
cyas

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2019, 10:41:34 am »
So the club never used to care about passing tickets on but when the ticket holder hardly attends and regular ppl sitting near them  see this and report them then club get suspicious 😒

It's a members card though. So the ticket for each game for that card could be in a different seat every game. Same as that seat is not a ST, then it could be a different member in it every game too.
I get why that may be the case for a known STH.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2019, 11:34:11 am »
That may be the case but ultimately there must be more to the story. The point is the mate needed to contact the club to verify the explanation sent to the club. Without that it could be anyone

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2019, 12:09:35 pm »
Get onto the Red Echo.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline id77

• Main Stander
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2019, 12:31:57 pm »
If they have issued paper tickets at the window surely they are consenting to the tickets being passed on??