Author Topic: Alan Davies questions why Liverpool don't play on Hillsborough Anniversary  (Read 68679 times)

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Scousers....I hope disgust at being disrespectful to the deceased isn't an exclusively scouse trait.
of course it isn't.
not sure you get the point I was making.

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You think educating him would make a blind bit of difference to his bile filled beliefs? Never in a million years mate. A grovelling apology is the best we can do from c*nts like him to hopefully dissuade other hateful bigots to at least keep their views to themselves.
exactly.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
Who the fuck is Alan Davies? It's times like this I'm glad I don't watch TV. Tit.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
of course it isn't.
not sure you get the point I was making.
I did get your point but was making another point.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Seriously, fucking behave yourself. I wouldn't want that twat anywhere near our campaign. You think educating him would make a blind bit of difference to his bile filled beliefs? Never in a million years mate. A grovelling apology is the best we can do from c*nts like him to hopefully dissuade other hateful bigots to at least keep their views to themselves.

i totally agree (with you and Fat Scouser too) that he should never be a 'face of the campaign' or anything like that, but at least if we talk to him about it, he might help other people down here understand.

at least give people the chance to make amends, otherwise we are treating them like they treat us - making superficial, (sometimes) baseless assumptions about them.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
FS  "and sink away into skintness and getting bit while he's trying to get his head down in some doorway."

sweet superb irony.........and fucking hilarious .....tramp gets a gig on QI and gets rogered by big Stevie Fry
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
If another club wanted to mark a certain date for the same reasons, would any of us even dream of complaining about it? Surely none of us. That's the error he makes in drawing such a comparison. It just highlights what a strangely intolerant little twit he is.

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
get him involved in the campaign, use him to help educate other people.

people is london don't get the anger and pain still felt by our fans, so use Davies and other people in the media to spread the word.

re uwinsa, probably calling them c*nts will dissuade them from being educated... :)
In all honesty I'm aghast at how people let alone football fans should need educating on Hillsborough. Really, I am. This was a national disaster, one which involved the most famous and successful club in Europe. People don't need educating, people should be fully aware of what it did to the city, the club, the country and football. It's not ignorance, it's disrespect. Anyone who wants to educate Allan Davies or any other prick who takes sly snipes at such a horrific event, be my guest; but don't expect anything but a blinded and biased view against the club and the city.
Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I did get your point but was making another point.
sorry mate.
and your point was well made too.
more so than mine!

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm all ears how you can educate c*nts like Davies. I think it should be a bit more than tweeting a link to the HJC website, know what I mean?
Agreed mate.
People like him will never and can't be educated, they don't want to be.

I taught English in northern Italy for 4 years, had a lot of Juve supporters in my classes. When they found out (after about 2 mins) that I was a Liverpool supporter they were, at first, a little off with me. But when we got speaking about, both Heysel and Hillsbourgh they actually started to understand what really went on. I made some good friends there and I think that they were more open than a lot of the pricks that live in the UK.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
This probably needs to get around to any advertising deals he has (if he is still relevent), bit of bad press and they will start pulling the plug.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
i totally agree (with you and Fat Scouser too) that he should never be a 'face of the campaign' or anything like that, but at least if we talk to him about it, he might help other people down here understand.

at least give people the chance to make amends, otherwise we are treating them like they treat us - making superficial, (sometimes) baseless assumptions about them.
No. Fuck him right off. But I tell you something you could do if you have that twitter malarkey and feel you should say something... go on there and tell Liverpool fans not to fall into the trap of spewing bile back at him. That would be a help. I'm sure you probably won't hold back the shit that's bound to get hurled at him, but I think that's the best we can do... stay above the vitriol and give him the rope to hang himself.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline himynameisntmark

• itsalgernonmuckbucketjuniorthethird
  • Kopite
What an absolute shithouse

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mindless insensitive bullying of an all too common variety.

Either he's a dickhead, or he was pandering to dickheads for easy laffs.

It's utterly nobody's business if we have a memorial on that day until the end of time. And it's certainly not an excuse to score cheap points. So why even mention it at all, let alone rant about something so hurtful like you're personally affected. 

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
The Mirror on-line suggests he's apologised but fuck him.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
Me thinks this thread by blocked what is going on ?
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
But I tell you something you could do if you have that twitter malarkey and feel you should say something... go on there and tell Liverpool fans not to fall into the trap of spewing bile back at him.

to be honest, when I see that sort of stuff I just put my head in the sand and hope it will all go away!

part of me thinks he brought it on himself, but I totally agree it doesn't help.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
He's also getting some stick on twitter so I've tweeted him the C&C link.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
He's also getting some stick on twitter so I've tweeted him the C&C link.

Hope he gets loads.  Hollow appology means nothing, the blert should make a big donation to HFSG.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline MolbysBellysLovechild

• Kemlynite
  • Mr Suarez Is Not A Racist!
from his website....

alandavies1 I can't reply to all the tweets on this subject, only reiterate my support for the Justice For 96 campaign & apologise for being insensitive

still a floppy-headed, tramp-biting twat

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
Interesting thing (to me at least) is how even supposedly liberal-left leaning comedians, who wouldn't be caught dead sayimg anything that could be remotely construed as being racist, feel it's OK to have a go at scousers, and are happy to stereotype the citizens of an entire city, as well as trample on their feelings.

I mean, can you imagine Alan Davies, in a million years, criticising the Lawrence family for wanting to hold a memorial service/march/whatever they want to do on the anniversary of Stephen's death? Or lecturing them on how "it's time to move on"?

Davies has made a knob of himself (although. to be fair, he's acknowledged as much in a very short space of time). But there's a bigger picture here, which is that scousers have taken the place of the Irish/blacks/asians as the socially-acceptable butt of everyone's jokes.

It really is starting to get on my tits.

Offline timdaw

• Main Stander
    • Tim Daw Photography
I don't get it. I've obviously only met Alan Davis through watching him on telly so I always thought he was a politically and socially astute comedian. I just don't get how the self-effacing character from QI can say this stuff. It just doesn't make sense.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
I don't get it. I've obviously only met Alan Davis through watching him on telly so I always thought he was a politically and socially astute comedian. I just don't get how the self-effacing character from QI can say this stuff. It just doesn't make sense.

Was of a similar point of view.
Really wasn't aware of his appearance on Room 101 and now this. What an absolute twat.
He's gonna regret trying to score easy laughs now.
Disappointing.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan

Thats what i thought too mate. He's always been the dumbest twat on QI but I still had him down as having a backbone.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
OK. Will shut up, but Honestly not trying to upset anyone here, just dont want the people who are upset getting even more upset by it.
Perhaps sometimes its best to ignore the ignorant.

Danger there is they think such ignorance to be correct.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
The loons have gone mental on twitter with death threats etc, bit much, he made a mistake and has apologised, think we should move on.
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
What a c*nt.

But Davies seemed to care more about the fact that Liverpool's stance meant Chelsea were having to play their FA Cup tie only three days before their Champions League last-four clash with Barcelona.

He ranted: "Liverpool and the 15th -- that gets on my tits that shit. What are you talking about, 'We won't play on the day'. Why can't they?"

Laughing nervously, one of his co-presenters, Ian Stone, tried to point out why Liverpool FC don't take a business-as-usual approach to the most painful day in the club's history, saying: "Because it's too sad a memory."

But that simple and obvious explanation failed to deter Davies, who was on a roll.

He said: "Do they play on the date of the Heysel Stadium disaster? How many dates do they not play on? Do Man United play on the date of Munich? Do Rangers play on the date when all their fans died in that disaster whatever year that was - 1971?"Davies - who trades off his cuddly TV image - continued in his attack by savaging the Liverpool legend and manager Kenny Dalglish, who has defended the decision not to play on April 15th.

Davies raved: "Every interview he's given this season he looks like he wants to head-butt the interviewer. This tight-mouthed, furious, frowning, leaning-forward, bitter Glaswegian ranting, 'Liverpool FC do not play on April 15th'."

After beginning a poor impersonation of Dalglish, Davies broke off to say his attempt to mimic the Scotsman's accent was "terrible because I hate him".

Despite his fury on behalf of Chelsea - the last English club remaining in a European competition - Davies went on to admit he would think it was "awful" if they went on to win the Champions League.

Davies then aimed his sights at Tottenham Hotspur -- bitter city rivals of his beloved Arsenal. He claimed Spurs had refused to move a fixture back in 1980, two days before the Gunners were due to play a semi-final against the Italian club Juventus in the Cup Winners' Cup.

In another display of breathtaking insensitivity, Davies fired a scathing salvo at White Hart Lane bosses using a term the Nazis labelled Jews with in their vile propaganda. Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, is Jewish and the club has a strong Jewish following among its supporters.

He said: "What vermin run that club. They always have. Absolute vermin. Scum of the Earth."

Davies then began singing: "You burn your own town," a crass reference to the summer riots that devastated parts of Tottenham in north London.

During the podcast, Davies also made fun of the Arsenal striker and Moroccan international Marouane Chamakh who was recently pictured smoking a shisha pipe. He joked Chamakh was "stoned out of his box" and was Arsenal's "club dealer" peddling hashish to the rest of the squad from a "Range Rover with blacked out windows".

He also made potentially libellous remarks about Oliver Holt - The Daily Mirror's Chief Sportswriter. Insisting on referring to him as "Oliver Horseshit", he called the award-winning journalist a "dickhead", suggesting he had an issue with drink. "You can smell the alcohol in his tweets!" he laughed.

One listener to the podcast said: "I couldn't believe my ears. Alan Davies comes across as such a nice bloke on the telly but he sounded like a lout in this broadcast.

"He should apologise immediately to the relatives of the Hillsborough Disaster -- his comments were appalling. I can't believe they let him broadcast this rubbish."

Holy crap I didnt realise it was anywhere near that bad

Absolute poisonous fucking scumbag. What a shame he wont be at Wembley on saturday

Or his fucking no trophy in 7 years team for that matter
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
Who's arsed? Another lowlife not worth the time of day.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
The loons have gone mental on twitter with death threats etc, bit much, he made a mistake and has apologised, think we should move on.

I wish the knobheads doing things like that had the intelligence to realise what harm they're doing by issuing death threats (or any violent threats for that matter)
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
alandavies1 I can't reply to all the tweets on this subject, only reiterate my support for the Justice For 96 campaign & apologise for being insensitive

Fuck your apology.  You don't mean it anyway.  Say what you want now, but your view is engrained in your head.  It's like when someone is drunk and says what they really feel.  You're a c*nt, Davies, and nothing you say now will change that.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada

To right the best way is to debate with him on Twitter about what he said and why we think he is wrong.

Dishing out death threats helps no one, especially not us.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Disgraceful and he's an idiot, there's absolutely no excuse for it. Couldn't care less about any apology he has to give simply because its just a reaction to the backlash he's received from his insensitive and disgusting comments.

The stuff about Kenny is pathetic, claims its all a laugh and joke and they take the piss out of everyone on there and yet casually throws in 'i hate him', doesn't really come across as a joke does it.

Dont see whats so hard to understand about the fact that there is a hillsborough memorial service every year that players and the manager attend.

Saw he's in liverpool in september as part of his tour which makes this all the more idiotic.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
Just seen this in the paper.  What a moron.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
Why are we giving this person publicity for his unacceptable comments? We are better off ignoring him completely because to a person in showbusiness like him, any mind of publicity is good publicity.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
Never thought he was comic & as fs stated,always thought he was a bellend too.

He isn't a comedian or a comic,he isn't entertaining at all-never has been.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Why are we giving this person publicity for his unacceptable comments? We are better off ignoring him completely because to a person in showbusiness like him, any mind of publicity is good publicity.
We should ignore him for what he is but we cannot and will not ignore his uneducated and insensitive remarks because the easily swayed mindless morons will agree with him simply because he is a minor celebrity, these people we need to educate but the floppy haired clown is past educating he meant every word he said and he will have to deal with the fall out from it.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
We should ignore him for what he is but we cannot and will not ignore his uneducated and insensitive remarks because the easily swayed mindless morons will agree with him simply because he is a minor celebrity, these people we need to educate but the floppy haired clown is past educating he meant every word he said and he will have to deal with the fall out from it.

He seems to hate everyone equally (except Arsenal, his club, and Chelsea for some strange reason) - he even called the owners of Spurs "vermin". They should sue him for defamation - nothing like a nice legal suit demanding for huge damages to make him grovel and eat humble pie.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Claims to have made a £1000 donation to a hillsborough campaign charity (dont know if anyone at the HJC can confirm this?)

It was very poor taste and the backtracking was laughable. But he has apologised and the media largely seems to be on our side for a change. And if Piers Moron is calling you an insensitive idiot you know you must be in the wrong.

Think its time to let it go because the minority of dicks on twitter sending death threats is only going to hurt us.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:36:23 am by gazzalfc »

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.

Think its time to let it go because the minority of dicks on twitter sending death threats is only going to hurt us.

Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
The f*ck!? Now where the f*ck is the FA?! Gang of bastards.
"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson