Author Topic: Alan Davies questions why Liverpool don't play on Hillsborough Anniversary  (Read 68546 times)

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Whether something was offensive or not? I'd rather wait and hear what was said rather than jumping to attack based on some blog...

The Davis no mark fella said he doesn't think we should get to choose not to play on 15th. The poster above said he could not see what is offensive about having that opinion and you attack the fellow LFC fan poster?

~If you do not think about what you are arguing, you cannot hope to make a reasonable argument.

(Awaits ridiculous responses about not supporting or some other such crap)

What is all this stupid fluff? If the man has said us choosing not to play on the 15th is shit and gets on his tits then there is no argument that that is anything but offensive.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Sorry but defending him, isn't far off agreeing with him.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Pheeny

can't understand how anyone can think it's "not a big deal' to be honest.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
As i said in my post, his point is we should have to play on the 15th.  That shit is a reference to the fact that we won't play and not a comment on what happended.  His tweets since back up that.

I don't like the guy and I don't think the comments are funny, but at the same time there is no reason for this to be blown up into a big story.

wind your neck in lad.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
What did he say that was so bad? Try this "He ranted: "Liverpool and the 15th -- that gets on my tits that shit. What are you talking about, 'We won't play on the day'. Why can't they?"

That "shit" was 96 of our friends and family dying at a football match. There are ways of getting a point across and that was NOT it.

Sorry if I find him calling the death of a friend and 95 other Liverpool supporters "that shit" grossly offensive

WEll, said. I very rarely discuss Hillsborough. I have my reasons. I am absolutely sickened that any of our fans can see this as not offensive. I can't think of anything much offensive or crass than telling people they shouldn't mourn their loved ones in any way they want... and especially calling it this shit.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
Whether something was offensive or not? I'd rather wait and hear what was said rather than jumping to attack based on

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XBPA5drFo

Ok have a listen and make a fact based judgement

Offline gazza1976

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
he is a wanker simple as that no respect none whatsoever those are the type of people i would love just to smack right in the mouth then see him laugh prick
JFT96 Y.N.W.A

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
have a different point of view to you, why not check my other posts before calling me a trolling manc ?

Be good if you could spell Kenny's surname as well, you don't have a different point of view you have a wrong one! Amazed that any Liverpool supporter would try to understand let alone make allowances for this disrespectful attention seeking clown!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
No ones saying he done nothign wrong. He was being a tit, and very insensitive.
He's acknowledged this, apologised.
And if youve actually heard the podcast he said it in, you can tell he wasnt being vicious , just being a tit.
Lets not give it the time of day because it aint worth it.
We know the truth, if the ignorant like Davies, who is irrelevant, want to live in their little worlds, let them, thats their look out, not ours.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
there is no reason for this to be blown up into a big story.

I give up
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan

He's acknowledged this, apologised.

Oh well, that's alright then, let's all just move on now.

Offline kates bush

• Anny Roader
  • "Get it?" "Got it." "Good!""
Which is why Chelsea asked to play on Friday night.

It's not fair on them to play on Sunday, but that's hardly our fault.

The FA could've played either of our games on Friday night, or played one at Wembley and one at Millenium Stadium (convenient for Everton fans), OT, St James Park etc.

As for the comments, he's living off a show that hasnt had a decent episode in 15 years and playing the idiot in QI.

This is it exactly, instead of asking why Chelsea's proposal to play on the Friday night was knocked back, this gobshite exposes himself to be the complete cretin many already thought he was.
"Hoss Bender, dead at the age of WHO THE F#CK CARES?"

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
He hasn't fucking apologised. He's apologised for "offence caused", he hasn't actually apologised.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
The trouble is, that to give his comments too much credence only serves to fan the flames of idiots who agree with him about playing on the 15th.

I wouldn't want a comment by a dubious comedian to overshadow in anyway the 15th.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
If Alan is arsed about the football schedule, then moan about to the FA but its clear that on the 15th April I remember the victims of Hillsborough.  Football doesnt even come second that day, it doesnt even figure.  The rememberance of 96 peoples lives is more important than what Alan Davies thinks.

Some of these people need to look up and practice empathy, if it happened to their club fans then I expect they'd would expect the same - the ability to remember the 96 and their families, friends and people who attended that day.
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Football doesnt even come second that day, it doesnt even figure.  The rememberance of 96 peoples lives is more important than what Alan Davies thinks.
In a nutshell
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
will do :)
Bit of quick editing there. But the point you seem to have missed in the post that you just withdrew... there is a struggle going on to get the truth of what happened at Hillsborough into the public eye. Stuff like this perpetuates the lies. It is not some harmless bit of football banter. Try explaining what he's doing isn't no big deal to the families.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
The trouble is, that to give his comments too much credence only serves to fan the flames of idiots who agree with him about playing on the 15th.

I wouldn't want a comment by a dubious comedian to overshadow in anyway the 15th.

Basically my point. Just not so good at saying it.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Football doesnt even come second that day, it doesnt even figure.

I've just had a United supporter (who I used to think was alright, for a United supporter) suggest that we should play on the 15th as it would be a "fantastic atmosphere and occasion". Absolutely bizarre.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
I wonder how many of these people who think he's done no harm live in or come from "Self-pity city?" I wonder how many of them lost friends and family at Hillsborough and don't mind him that this shit gets on his tits. Sorry but defending him, isn't far off agreeing with him. I find it some what sad, that supporters of this club aren't offended by somebody telling people not to mourn and commemerate their families and loved ones, especially while people are still struggling to get the truth of their loved ones needless deaths acknowleged.
Sorry, you think he's done nothing wrong... you are wrong.

No matter what some obnoxious c*nt says these days there is ALWAYS someone who cannot see that what they have said is wrong.
You are correct Fats. It is very wrong.

I had the same argument over someone defending the guy who was sent down for remarks made about F. Muamba last month.
They say it is freedom of speech or some other trite remark.

Nothing is wrong anymore. You can tweet twat all day as that is your right.

If people actually thought about what Davies said they would realise that that shit is not about playing on the 15th it is about the reason for not playing on that date. Most on here realise that but there are some pin brained ones as well.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
Used to watch him on QI - didn't know about his previous remarks about Liverpool.

After this will never watch the program again.

So he wants to know why we can't play on April 15th? How about the fact that the families and friends of those who lost their lives, together with many others, want to remember and pay respects to the victims on that day? How about the fact that the players and staff would rather attend the memorial service and pay their respects rather than play a football match on that day? Are these 2 reasons alone less important than the Chelsea players having an extra days rest before their Champions League tie?

Surely these are obvious reasons for not playing a match on that day?

There is no excuse for him coming out with his insensitive comments.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
I've just had a United supporter (who I used to think was alright, for a United supporter) suggest that we should play on the 15th as it would be a "fantastic atmosphere and occasion". Absolutely bizarre.
Pretty sure he's been listening to talkshite...they were peddling that line last week.

It wouldn't be a fantastic occasion and atmosphere, it would be full of hurt and despair and bewilderment as to why we were playing.
W

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes

NO. Not at all. Moving on is not going to happen until Justice is done, even then it'll take years.
Im making the point he acknoweldged he made a mistake.
Do we, accept that as a fair acknowledgment or do we continue to hold a grudge, carrying the issue on and on and only serving those who
pray on it.
WE show our respect and thats all that matters.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone else noticed, that if you turn Alan Davies upside down, you can use him as a mop to clean the toilet? Prolly best use for the tit.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan

Who said condemning is credence?
The fact is, when people in the public eye come out with things like this, it perpetuates the lies that the families and so many others are trying to expose. You're digging a hole. I'd advice you stop digging and think about it. It's not some bit of harmless banter. It isn't something that should just be ignored. It needs condemning and exposing for what it is... ill informed hatred and lie perpetuating drivel.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Look at the fucking comments on the YT page. "Davies is right, Davies is 100% correct. Whether you agree or dont this is the kind of national fucking ignorance that fucks me off more than the the original comment. Why? Because as much as I can dislike somebodies opinion I can't stand th mindless fucking sheep that go along with that ignorant shit. This is the kinda shit were up against and always will be, no matter how many people are educated your always gonna hav these blerts just mindlessly wandering not even trying to understand, never mind giving a shit.

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
If he tunes into LFC TV on Sunday then he'll see why. All the players are at the rememberance service showing their respects to the 96. Apart from one imbicile who should never have been at Anfield in the 1st place, every player has always shown the utmost respect on these occassions.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
He brings up Heysel. would we play on the 29th of May, the day of the Heysel disaster? I would like to think not.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
Never liked the bloke years ago before i knew of his anti liverpool agenda. The more i hear of his stupidity the more i dislike him. Complete, self serving twat
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Fact is he might have apologised for the offence because his agent sees this rightly blowing up in his face and losing money and any popularity, he uses his name to make these remarks so quite right he needs to be held to account for his mealy mouthed insensitive,  and for me given the spurs comments   designed to be offensive words to big up his gooner status!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
NO. Not at all. Moving on is not going to happen until Justice is done, even then it'll take years.
Im making the point he acknoweldged he made a mistake.
Do we, accept that as a fair acknowledgment or do we continue to hold a grudge, carrying the issue on and on and only serving those who
pray on it.
WE show our respect and thats all that matters.
Tip... you're also digging a hole deeper, just put down the spade.

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
It's got fuck all to do with him. Let's see next time he's in Liverpool whether he still has such a big mouth.

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
Bit of quick editing there. But the point you seem to have missed in the post that you just withdrew... there is a struggle going on to get the truth of what happened at Hillsborough into the public eye. Stuff like this perpetuates the lies. It is not some harmless bit of football banter. Try explaining what he's doing isn't no big deal to the families.

The withdrawn post was due to the fact the guy it was aimed at had responded since, and it wasn't going to go anywhere. I also saw after the post that a link to the piece in question had been posted so thought it worthwhile  having a listen.

I understand 100% the ongoing battle for justice and would never open debate on looking for a retraction on comments.

My only point here is that we choose our battles. Calling a fellow poster a troll for pointing out that what was written did not seem like something worth fighting for a retraction/Davis' head of misses the point.

What was said was stupid and offensive. I can see why people may not understand why we take offence at it.

It is not clear that he is saying anything negative about us with regards to Hillsborough. He is lambasting our decision to refuse to play on it and does so in a thoroughly pathetic way.

Fortunately I can go back to not knowing or giving a shite about him once again and am out of here.

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
He brings up Heysel. would we play on the 29th of May, the day of the Heysel disaster? I would like to think not.

I doubt we would. Juventus certainly wouldn't.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Tip... you're also digging a hole deeper, just put down the spade.

OK. Will shut up, but Honestly not trying to upset anyone here, just dont want the people who are upset getting even more upset by it.
Perhaps sometimes its best to ignore the ignorant.

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
As i said in my post, his point is we should have to play on the 15th.  That shit is a reference to the fact that we won't play and not a comment on what happended.  His tweets since back up that.

I don't like the guy and I don't think the comments are funny, but at the same time there is no reason for this to be blown up into a big story.

Well my point is we SHOULDN'T "have to play" on the 15th. And if his comment that "that shit" is to do with us not wanting to play again on that day rather than the fact 96 of us died on that day- well, that's just as insensitive
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As i said in my post, his point is we should have to play on the 15th
The fact is Allan Davis thinks that our club should have to play an FA Cup Semi-Final on the anniversary of Hillsborough. Which in turn means that the Kenny Dalglish, the players and our fans should be playing and watching an FA CUP SEMI-FINAL, instead of being at Anfield, remembering those that cannot be with us and most importantly stand by those most touched by the tragedy. This is what he means by 'that shit'.

Amazed you need this spelled out for you.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
I doubt we would. Juventus certainly wouldn't.

I hope we wouldn't.

He also brings up the mancs playing on the anniversary of the Munich disaster. That is their choice. I certainly wouldn't begrudge them if they refused to play on that day even if it meant that we only got two days rest for a Champions League semi final.

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
WEll, said. I very rarely discuss Hillsborough. I have my reasons. I am absolutely sickened that any of our fans can see this as not offensive. I can't think of anything much offensive or crass than telling people they shouldn't mourn their loved ones in any way they want... and especially calling it this shit.

Cheers Fats, with you on this 100%
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly