Author Topic: Solidarity and tributes from fans of other clubs  (Read 256522 times)

Offline BandWPaul

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Solidarity and tributes from fans of other clubs
« Reply #640 on: September 27, 2014, 04:34:25 pm »
Me and my pal Ian at Anfield a few years ago.

Don't ask about the stupid stare on my face or my hair back then.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #641 on: September 27, 2014, 07:31:45 pm »
What's with the new name Paul? Have you forgot your log-in and had to re-register or something?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BandWPaul

• Main Stander
« Reply #642 on: September 27, 2014, 08:02:52 pm »
What's with the new name Paul? Have you forgot your log-in and had to re-register or something?
I've had a lot of trouble with my computer lately and I was logged out of RAWK and damn if I could get back in.

The Mods are seeing to it so hopefully will be back with my real account soon    :)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #643 on: September 27, 2014, 08:07:17 pm »
I've had a lot of trouble with my computer lately and I was logged out of RAWK and damn if I could get back in.

The Mods are seeing to it so hopefully will be back with my real account soon    :)

Thought it must be something like that!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #644 on: January 6, 2015, 09:57:42 am »
Wimbledon's mascot wore this.

It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #645 on: January 9, 2015, 08:38:23 am »
Wimbledon's mascot wore this.

Excellent......... :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: January 10, 2015, 06:39:26 pm »
I know there is some debate over the appropriateness of "Stand up for the 96" but when we sang it, almost to a man the entire home support stood and applauded today. Well in Sunderland fans for that show of support!

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #647 on: January 16, 2015, 01:00:57 am »
I know there is some debate over the appropriateness of "Stand up for the 96" but when we sang it, almost to a man the entire home support stood and applauded today. Well in Sunderland fans for that show of support!

That's good to hear. That means something.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #648 on: February 8, 2015, 11:48:32 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-31193543

Everton unveils Hillsborough plaque at Goodison Park
Hillsborough plaque
The plaque depicts young fans of the rival clubs holding hands

A plaque to remember the 96 who died in the Hillsborough disaster has been unveiled at Everton's Goodison Park.

The permanent tribute was revealed at the Park End stand ahead of the Merseyside derby.

Hillsborough Family Support Group Chairwoman Margaret Aspinall, who unveiled the plaque with Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright, called it a "lovely gesture".

The move was suggested to the club by the side's supporters.

The plaque depicts two young fans of the rival clubs holding hands, with the numbers 9 and 6 on their backs.

Everton fan Stephen Kelly, whose brother Michael died in the 1989 tragedy, said: "I have always been grateful of the support from the blue side of the city.

"I hope that when Evertonians look at this they will feel proud of the way we've supported our neighbours."

Bill Kenwright and Margaret Aspinall
The plaque was unveiled by Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright, and Hillsborough Family Support Group Chairwoman Margaret Aspinall
Supporters died after a crush at the FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest, held at Sheffield Wednesday's stadium.

New inquests into the deaths are ongoing.
#Sausages

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: February 8, 2015, 07:59:56 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-31193543

Everton unveils Hillsborough plaque at Goodison Park
Hillsborough plaque
The plaque depicts young fans of the rival clubs holding hands

A plaque to remember the 96 who died in the Hillsborough disaster has been unveiled at Everton's Goodison Park.

The permanent tribute was revealed at the Park End stand ahead of the Merseyside derby.

Hillsborough Family Support Group Chairwoman Margaret Aspinall, who unveiled the plaque with Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright, called it a "lovely gesture".

The move was suggested to the club by the side's supporters.

The plaque depicts two young fans of the rival clubs holding hands, with the numbers 9 and 6 on their backs.

Everton fan Stephen Kelly, whose brother Michael died in the 1989 tragedy, said: "I have always been grateful of the support from the blue side of the city.

"I hope that when Evertonians look at this they will feel proud of the way we've supported our neighbours."

Bill Kenwright and Margaret Aspinall
The plaque was unveiled by Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright, and Hillsborough Family Support Group Chairwoman Margaret Aspinall
Supporters died after a crush at the FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest, held at Sheffield Wednesday's stadium.

New inquests into the deaths are ongoing.
Absolutely fantastic that.

Offline Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: March 23, 2015, 05:40:50 pm »
Brilliant, Allez le verts, great memories, still got a St Etienne badge from 77 given for helping a few lads out after the match, this is a class gesture by the St Etienne fans.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: April 13, 2015, 06:05:56 pm »
I'm for truth, no matter who tells it.

I'm for justice, no matter who it's for, or against.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: April 14, 2015, 05:07:47 pm »
Love to families, loved ones and friends of the 96 tomorrow, and always.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #655 on: April 14, 2015, 09:53:23 pm »
I'm for truth, no matter who tells it.

I'm for justice, no matter who it's for, or against.

Well said mate

I joined RAWK 10 years ago tomorrow. It was hillsborough & my desire to learn the truth brought me to Rawk
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #656 on: April 14, 2015, 09:59:09 pm »
That's a fabulous sight.

It's very moving indeed. Our two clubs are intertwined for obvious reasons. We played one of the most emotional and atmospheric games of football ever, together. Those green shirts at Anfield were unforgettable. That banner means an awful lot.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: April 14, 2015, 11:46:04 pm »
Well said mate

I joined RAWK 10 years ago tomorrow. It was hillsborough & my desire to learn the truth brought me to Rawk
This October it will be 12 years on here for me Paul.

12 years ago I knew nothing really.

Yeah I knew about Hillsborough through little bits i had seen on TV and read about in the papers.

I now know that most of what I knew back then was incorrect, was nothing more than pure bullshit and lies that I had read in The sun, the NOTW and seen on TV.

I knew nothing about the campaigns for justice, nothing about the boycott of The Sun, nothing about Murdoch, MacKenzie, Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield, Sir Norman Bettison and all the rest of them.

I had never heard of or knew anything about Phil Scraton, Anne Williams nor a lot of other good people, far too many for me to mention in this post.

It's been an education for me these past 12 years on here, I've learned quite a bit of what happened via a lot of people on RAWK.  I've still got a lot of learning to do.

We are all football supporters, Brothers and Sisters in my book.

Love to the families, loved ones and friends of the 96 from myself and my Da. 

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #658 on: April 14, 2015, 11:54:22 pm »
Paul, you are a class act. I wish I could clone you and spread you through the footballing community. But I fear for the damage done to hybrid bikes and chestcams if I do :) In all seriousness, you a credit to humanity for your compassion and support for the justice campaign. I salute you and I am sure countless others share that sentiment.

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #659 on: April 15, 2015, 12:48:44 am »
I was unaware fans of other clubs could show such compassion in these times, which is fantastic to see.

We all walk together and never walk alone.

Offline Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #660 on: April 15, 2015, 01:19:19 am »
Thank you, both Pauls. From a pen 3 survivor.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #661 on: April 15, 2015, 01:56:04 am »
Nice one to both Pauls.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #663 on: April 15, 2015, 04:36:19 am »
I was unaware fans of other clubs could show such compassion in these times, which is fantastic to see.

We all walk together and never walk alone.

I was at the 20th anniversary memorial and was sat directly next to a fella who had a Man City shirt on. The more I looked around the more I spotted shits from many other clubs. Everton, of course, but even further afield. Leeds, Celtic, Portsmouth, an Arsenal shirt and one or two others. We are all collectively football fans at the end of the day. It all pales into insignificance when you are talking about the lives lost of 96 innocent fans at Hillsborough, and so with other tragedies.

The support shown to the club, the families of the 96 and the memory of those who died has been heart-warming. The two Pauls on here are shining example of that.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #664 on: April 15, 2015, 07:22:24 am »
I like B&W Paul obviously knew about Hillsborough I was 14 when it happened & remember watching that day.

I never believed what was spouted by that rag & the establishment.

Having stood on the terraces I'd experienced what it was like .

I came across the HJC website ( I think ) one day & this led me to RAWK . . This led to learning about Anne Williams & Phil Scraton's books which I bought and through RAWK ive learnt even more about the justice campaign etc .

RIP
YNWA
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #665 on: April 15, 2015, 07:42:19 am »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #666 on: April 15, 2015, 08:51:12 am »
It's been hugely encouraging over the years to know that more and more people have actively sought out the truth for it to be learned. Thanks for being one them. Class post mate.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #667 on: April 15, 2015, 09:23:49 am »

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #668 on: April 15, 2015, 09:54:28 am »
Scrolling through twitter this morning the hairs on the back of my head stood up with the amount of fans from other teams tweeting about hillsborough. Not only other fans, fans from rival teams too, these are the real football fans, thank you. 
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #669 on: April 15, 2015, 09:58:03 am »
Never fails to move me somewhere deep inside when football (and other sports') fans show such class and solidarity and genuine nonpartisan heartfelt humanity regarding difficult and/or tragic events/deaths which did not directly affect their club or community. Hillsborough is an astonishingly shameful tale of catastrophic ill-judgment & ineptitude, heartless cynicism and corruption which affects us all, particularly working class Britons, but you know what I mean.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline jymbojetset

• Anny Roader
« Reply #670 on: April 15, 2015, 10:13:46 am »
Nice tribute on the Swansea City Facebook page this morning.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: April 15, 2015, 04:27:40 pm »
Paul, you are a class act. I wish I could clone you and spread you through the footballing community. But I fear for the damage done to hybrid bikes and chestcams if I do :) In all seriousness, you a credit to humanity for your compassion and support for the justice campaign. I salute you and I am sure countless others share that sentiment.

Agree Jim...with every word.

Paul, and Paul, you guys are among the very best loved contributors to this site. Consistently decent, honest, funny and clever members.

I just wanted you to know that.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #672 on: April 15, 2015, 04:55:26 pm »
Football fans went to a match to support their team, some never came home, and worse, for 26 years, the establishment tried to shift blame to the fans.

Huge respect to the families who have campaigned for truth and justice, and finally are seeing some results of that campaign.

RIP

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: April 15, 2015, 05:26:00 pm »
Agree Jim...with every word.

Paul, and Paul, you guys are among the very best loved contributors to this site. Consistently decent, honest, funny and clever members.

I just wanted you to know that.

They are. Who do you think would win in a fight ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: April 15, 2015, 05:46:26 pm »
My love and respect goes out to all supporters showing solidarity with us this day.  Thank you.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: April 15, 2015, 06:40:02 pm »

Hope I didnt come across as being insensitive there. Just trying to put a smile on my face on what is a c*nt of a day.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: April 15, 2015, 07:18:55 pm »
I dunno what image I give off on here but let me assure anyone who reads this, I'm not a fighter.

I'm anti violence against people and animals.

Yeah, I'm a big softie.

Reckon I'd win best of 3 against West Ham Paul at arm wrestling though.  You as well Kesey my man    :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:25:31 pm by Black & White Paul »

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: April 15, 2015, 07:31:00 pm »
I dunno what image I give off on here but let me assure anyone who reads this, I'm not a fighter.

I'm anti violence against people and animals.

Yeah, I'm a big softie.

Reckon I'd win best of 3 against West Ham Paul at arm wrestling though.  You as well Kesey my man    :)

I know what you mean. The last fight I had I won by 50 yards.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #679 on: April 15, 2015, 07:45:18 pm »
Hope I didnt come across as being insensitive there. Just trying to put a smile on my face on what is a c*nt of a day.

I'm sure we all know what you meant & the manner it was said mate  ;)  .... made me smile too on this emotional day...
Thoughts & prayers to all affected by this. hixx.
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."