Author Topic: FA Cup: Liverpool 1 v Shrewsbury 0 Williams (OG) 75'  (Read 45305 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: FA Cup: Liverpool 1 v Shrewsbury 0 Williams (OG) 75'
« Reply #520 on: February 5, 2020, 12:42:21 am »
thanks so much for the commentary - from the overseas Reds   :scarf :scarf :scarf

No problem we were not going to let the FA beat us.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: February 5, 2020, 12:42:41 am »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #522 on: February 5, 2020, 12:42:45 am »
Which CB was it who ran half the length of the pitch with the ball when the Shrewsbury players were covering the passing options?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #523 on: February 5, 2020, 12:44:36 am »
He is a bitter fuck. All he kept talking  about was how klopp should have been at the ground while an ex bitter matthew upson was more balanced siding with klopp about the fa. Dont know why murphy is given the air time he shows absolutely no intelligence about the game. He stays bitter about being sold while the club moves on to greater glory. Fuck him and the others.

I think we should try no-one turning up at all and seeing whether we could win the game or get a draw (we certainly would have had 0-0 against that Everton team in the third round even if no-one had bothered going on the pitch, they were that bad)

Bearing in mind we have Grujic, Wilson, Brewster, Woodburn, Phillips, Ejaria, Ojo and Awoniyi on loan, the future is looking more than bright, that was a mix of our 3rd and 4th (mainly 4th) team out there tonight (excepting Jones and Williams have now probably jumped into the 2nd team now)

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #524 on: February 5, 2020, 12:48:44 am »
i had a decent stream and the kids were class! they tried to kick us off the park but it didn't work, besides the offside goal they didn't have a shot i can remember. Casey grabbing a high ball in i the 94th minute was about all the work he had. also Necos long ball was magnificent and if that guy doesn't put a head on it it falls to Harvey on the penalty spot, so it wasnt a fluke goal at all. Williams could have had 3 as well , two inches wide and a blazed over. Not that far over.

Utterly magnificent showing. Kids ran like they did against villa and the ev and somehow didn't flag.

:wellin

Love this stuff !! Luv it. Lets face it, Shrewsbury still has to go to Anfield and get something and..... haha  .fucking fa is too much, that was obviously going to be a decent game.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #525 on: February 5, 2020, 12:52:10 am »
The side needed the break, so Klopp was totally right to play the side he did and that would be true for me even if they hadn't deservedly won this game. Whether he should have been there or not is a greyer issue as he could have still been in the stands and still allowing Critchley to be in charge since he will know those kids far better than Klopp due to working with them every day...

I've no idea if this played any part whatsoever in Klopp's thinking, but one way to help build mentality monsters is to show unwavering trust and belief in them. Of course, you have to genuinely feel they are up to the task, otherwise you might be setting them up to fail, and that can work against you and them. I think Klopp absolutely trusts his players and coaching staff, and when a man like Klopp trusts you, you move mountains for him. Your development, experience and confidence all grow as a result.

I think it's a fantastic compliment to Critchley and his young team that Klopp stayed away, trusted in them to do their job (however it turned out) and let them stand on their own two feet. I'm sure they all believed in themselves before tonight, but I bet they believe and trust in themselves even more now. To me, that's actually outstanding management by Klopp, and he didn't even have to turn up to do it.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #526 on: February 5, 2020, 12:54:27 am »
Which CB was it who ran half the length of the pitch with the ball when the Shrewsbury players were covering the passing options?

If it was the first half then I think it was Hoever.
#JFT97

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: February 5, 2020, 12:58:02 am »
I swear, only a group of very young lads playing and winning a tie in the FA cup can be construed as a negative to the c*nts in the media when they are wearing a shirt with a liverbird on it. It should be looked at as a great achievement for the kids, but instead they're all trying to piss on their Cornflakes. What a bunch of c*nts. They just can't hack the fact that we can field literally any side we fucking want and do the business. They're even starting to try to talk down our title, which is in the bag earlier than any in the history of this league, but because it's us, the league is weak, there's cause for concern and blah blah blah. Fuck off, you absolute shower of c*nts.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: February 5, 2020, 12:58:39 am »
So much nonsense spouted about this tie recently, so glad it's over. Our kids are pretty fucking awesome, and I reckon they could beat Chelsea with a  few senior pros added.

You'd think Klopp was the only coach who plays a weakened team for cup games.

Also, how fucking great is Milner, going to the ground, giving the kids advice and so on. Definite future manager material there, wouldn't be surprised if Klopp's already got him lined up for a coaching role.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #529 on: February 5, 2020, 01:07:23 am »
Said before the match that it will be a lot closer than people think.

Absolutely made up for these boys. To do this in front of a sold out Anfield must be amazing for them. Proud of every single one of them.
YWNA

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: February 5, 2020, 01:08:36 am »
If it was the first half then I think it was Hoever.

I think so, right side of the defence. Eventually the ball ran too far ahead of him in traffic. I think both Hoever and Williams are ready to be included with the seniors, along with Jones.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #531 on: February 5, 2020, 01:20:28 am »
Based on this display I think Harvey and Neco could be playing in the PL sooner than I thought.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: February 5, 2020, 01:24:07 am »
Man, I love this club.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: February 5, 2020, 01:35:10 am »
Fair play to Shrewsbury fans on their forum.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/99996/liverpool-match-thread?page=6

Yes nice to see some compliments for the team, the ground, the area and our fans.
They are understandably not happy with their team and manager.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: February 5, 2020, 01:41:54 am »
ragtag bunch of kids to get slaughte...hang on, hang on, hang on  ;)
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: February 5, 2020, 01:48:31 am »

'Liverpool v Shrewsbury has been an advert for the FA Cup, a different twist on the underdog taking on a side expected to win it easily with all of the magic the competition is supposed to bring. An advert that the FA have pretty much tried to suppress.' - https://twitter.com/JimBoardman/status/1224813814547451905?s=09

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #536 on: February 5, 2020, 01:57:43 am »
Fair play to Shrewsbury fans on their forum.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/99996/liverpool-match-thread?page=6

Yes fair play to them.

Looks like a very sensible bunch of people that you would like having a beer with.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #537 on: February 5, 2020, 03:31:00 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bsDvq9hoSkQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bsDvq9hoSkQ</a>  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #538 on: February 5, 2020, 05:06:20 am »
that was impressive from the kids. shrewsbury were very poor in the first half for not even having a go and the kids totally dominated and controlled the half. second half was more fun with shrewsbury finally coming out of their shells but the kids still did a top job all over the pitch - it was only in the last third, where the final ball and lack of penalty box presence let them down a bit, but that's to be expected cos that's where the physical advantage of older professionals will show up more than anywhere

fantastic experience for that lot, top job
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: February 5, 2020, 05:26:03 am »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: February 5, 2020, 05:42:29 am »
Can see the likes of Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Neco Williams, etc... saving our club an absolute fortune in the future yanno. Still won't stop the blerts on social media moaning that we're going to be left behind because we haven't spent 200m+ on the next big thing though. ::)
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #541 on: February 5, 2020, 05:55:42 am »
fuck it, play them against the plastics as well  :hally

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #542 on: February 5, 2020, 05:58:22 am »
Our game management after scoring was incredible, it showed a maturity way beyond their years.
Chritchley's subs as well... Shrewsbury manager going - "oh fuck off!", every 5 minutes! ;D
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: February 5, 2020, 06:00:06 am »
fuck it, play them against the plastics as well  :hally

It won't happen. It'll be a bit a more experienced side when we face them I would have thought.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #544 on: February 5, 2020, 06:00:09 am »
Missed the game for family reasons, glad the young guns got the victory, now everyone can move on with their lives.
Missed a good game Chakan. In terms of dominance and pure footballing technique, it was as good as the United game (Sheffield United, that is). Thoroughly enjoyable, entertaining and watchable. Reduced them to scraps. For large spells, they couldn't get the ball out of their own half! It resembled a Rodgers team in terms of football and passing, but a Klopp team in terms of tactics and mentality- and both in terms of pace and speed.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2020, 06:08:35 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #545 on: February 5, 2020, 06:30:40 am »
Shrewsbury disrespecting the cup by not turning up?

Nah the media disrespecting our set up by not thinking these kids can perform so brilliantly!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #546 on: February 5, 2020, 06:31:19 am »
Proud of the boys. It was big step up for them and I am sure they will have learned a lot.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #547 on: February 5, 2020, 06:44:00 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bsDvq9hoSkQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bsDvq9hoSkQ</a>  8)
Ooh Ta.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #548 on: February 5, 2020, 07:05:20 am »

Yep that’s a great point. If last night’s not the ‘magic of the cup’ that they bang on so much about, then I don’t know what is. Tough shit, they missed it. The FA getting it as wrong as possible, as per usual.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #549 on: February 5, 2020, 07:06:25 am »
Superb result and it proved me wrong as I wanted a team of returning seniors and kids to play.

Not sure we cost them £500k - the maths seem way off.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline faurelio

• Boys Pen
« Reply #550 on: February 5, 2020, 07:12:09 am »
If we win our next three PL matches, we should play Chelsea with strongest team and rest players against Bournemouth.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: February 5, 2020, 07:23:31 am »

BT feeding the narrative too. Why can't these companies show the actual offside for their goal being disallowed?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: February 5, 2020, 07:24:00 am »
If we win our next three PL matches, we should play Chelsea with strongest team and rest players against Bournemouth.

Fuck that, the kids deserve to take on Chelsea.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: February 5, 2020, 07:30:20 am »
Fuck that, the kids deserve to take on Chelsea.
As with every game, leave it to Klopp to decide what he thinks the right team is.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #554 on: February 5, 2020, 07:34:21 am »
As with every game, leave it to Klopp to decide what he thinks the right team is.
Put the kids out for the league game and play the first team against Chelsea.
Watch the media implode.  :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #555 on: February 5, 2020, 07:35:12 am »
Well played lads. Let’s win this fucker now and stick it up the disrespectful FA
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #556 on: February 5, 2020, 07:37:32 am »
Some serious talent out there - clever intelligent play.

I wonder if we'll play the 'kids' at the Bridge?

Depends on the league I guess.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: February 5, 2020, 07:43:31 am »
;D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #558 on: February 5, 2020, 07:49:32 am »
Just loooking at the stats from the game, as well as some of the Shrewsbury fans posts above.
One guy saying that once they put in a “few crunching tackles” at the beginning of the second half they stated to get at the kids.
Bollocks, they couldn’t get the ball of the kids and were fouling from the outset. There were some very heavy challenges first half born out of desperation and frustration. I found the foul count telling. 1-14. They tried physicality but struggled to catch the kids with the ball to actually tackle them. When their “joker in the dressing room with a shit haircut” (aka “the pain in the arse” as his teammates call him behind his back) came on, our two centre backs were just too quick for him. They read his runs superbly until he soon gave up.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2020, 08:11:02 am by 12C »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: February 5, 2020, 07:59:42 am »

“Liverpool disrespect Premier League by beating Everton with U18 team”