Author Topic: Women's World Cup 2019 (*)  (Read 78940 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Women's World Cup 2019
« Reply #40 on: June 8, 2019, 06:57:51 pm »
They'd probably beat the likes of Mauritius, but not the top teams. The likes of Germany/USA would probably beat a lot of mens lower league teams.

One of the things I learned in my A License course is that our full Women's team never beats the U-17 men's team when they scrimmage.

They do so to work on speed of play and the physical side of their play, but always lose against the U-17 US men...

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: June 8, 2019, 07:01:52 pm »
One of the things I learned in my A License course is that our full Women's team never beats the U-17 men's team when they scrimmage.

They do so to work on speed of play and the physical side of their play, but always lose against the U-17 US men...

Always? How often is always?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: June 8, 2019, 07:38:34 pm »
Always? How often is always?

Always as in never won I would guess.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #43 on: June 8, 2019, 07:40:44 pm »
Always as in never won I would guess.

This is what we were told. Lost by significant, usually greater than four-goal margins...

The difference in athleticism is too significant...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 8, 2019, 07:47:53 pm »
This is what we were told. Lost by significant, usually greater than four-goal margins...

The difference in athleticism is too significant...

Fair enough, I stand corrected. I either over estimate the ability of the top womens sides, or under estimate the ability of some youth sides. Although I'd say there's a fair difference between U17s and U15s, which is what the initial post stated.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2019, 07:49:32 pm by Barneylfc »

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #45 on: June 8, 2019, 08:59:11 pm »
Fair enough, I stand corrected. I either over estimate the ability of the top womens sides, or under estimate the ability of some youth sides. Although I'd say there's a fair difference between U17s and U15s, which is what the initial post stated.

Absolutely, I agree.

It may be that the full Women's team are more competitive with or beat the 15s if they play them.

The time between playing for the 15s and 17s is when a lot of athletic growth kicks in for young men, so it's a fair point to make.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #46 on: June 8, 2019, 10:05:08 pm »
No, it wouldn't.

If you are disappointed, what were you expecting?

I guess I just thought they would be better in terms of technique and tactical awareness. Especially when Germany were suppose to be one of the best team. I understand their physical abilities would never match the men’s. But watching their game against China, their first touches under pressure were extremely poor, defensive positioning were no better than most youth squads, and overall all very inconsistent in terms of their footballing abilities.

But then I just watched Norway vs Nigeria. Norway seemed miles better than Germany. So I guess Germany just had a very poor game?!?

Like I said, am new to women’s football. I just trying to see what level they are at compare to men’s.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #47 on: June 8, 2019, 10:33:38 pm »
Why compare? It's football. Just enjoy it.

You think it's lacking now, my friend? You should have seen it 15 years ago.......

It's come a very long way - and let's not forget that the FA banned women's football in England for decades!!!! It's not a........level playing field..........and hasn't been for ages - and won't be for ages yet.

So I wouldn't compare. Just enjoy and watch. One thing is never in doubt - their passion - and many of these World Cup level women would run rings around the likes of us without blinking ;)

(A German striker - Bianca Rechs - actually once broke one of my fingers when I was playing in goal in a training match in Sweden - I had gloves on - but she hit it that hard, I didn't stand a chance......)

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #48 on: June 8, 2019, 11:03:18 pm »
You are right and I think is nice to see the sport growing.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #49 on: June 9, 2019, 12:48:48 am »
Ive got a hope that along with being a good and interesting football contest...

-and let me interject here that i'm a long time Canadian woman's team watcher, i watch ladies football, went to the Canada sendoff game a couple of weeks ago V Mexico Sinclair got a goal set up another it was cool shes a legend closing on the all time record-

...but anyway my hope, along with all that, is that Australia-Italy tomorrow is an completely unrestrained Festival of Hotness. It feels like it could be a stormer. But really, any team at all could just suddenly pop up Hot. Its a wide-open tournament.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 9, 2019, 12:56:52 am »
(A German striker - Bianca Rechs - actually once broke one of my fingers when I was playing in goal in a training match in Sweden - I had gloves on - but she hit it that hard, I didn't stand a chance......)

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=342947.0

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 9, 2019, 12:58:17 am »
I guess I just thought they would be better in terms of technique and tactical awareness. Especially when Germany were suppose to be one of the best team. I understand their physical abilities would never match the men’s. But watching their game against China, their first touches under pressure were extremely poor, defensive positioning were no better than most youth squads, and overall all very inconsistent in terms of their footballing abilities.

But then I just watched Norway vs Nigeria. Norway seemed miles better than Germany. So I guess Germany just had a very poor game?!?

Like I said, am new to women’s football. I just trying to see what level they are at compare to men’s.

Germany's men were supposed to be one of the favourites in Russia, but they were fucking tragic. It happens.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #52 on: June 9, 2019, 03:20:41 am »

Wrong way to look at it. Think of it as a different game altogether, but with the same rules. Then, watch the Japan team from two world cups ago. Superb technique and speed of play.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #53 on: June 9, 2019, 07:57:06 am »
This is true. You can support the women's game whilst also acknowledging this to be the case. It's pointless to pretend otherwise.

One thing I would say - and I could be totally wrong here - but isn't the professional women's game still very young? Apart from football the only other sport I watch is tennis occasionally. When that's on I'm just as likely to watch a women's match than a men's one. When I watch women's football though I'm often surprised at the standard. Could the explanation be that the game is still in its infancy compared to something like tennis? If the game continues to grow I imagine it will eventually enjoy the same relationship as women's tennis does to men's insofar as the most striking difference won't be the gap in technical ability, but the simple physical differences between the two sexes.

I'd love to see someone come out and actually tell the truth, but that would be hard to find in todays PC drowned world. Men are better at some things and women are better at others. Trying to force women to be good at more male endeavors and vice versa just isn't going to work out how you want it to; nature made us this way for a reason. The PC/feminist brigade won't have that though. Physicality, athleticism, technique, skill, decision making, spatial awareness - all things they can do relatively well in other areas in isolation, but football demands it all together. The result is a very poor standard.

One example was an own goal I saw from last season. For some inexplicable reason the woman sent a pass back to the keeper from near her own halfway line (under no pressure), but hit it as if she was trying to clear the stadium. A high lofty hoof. That was bad enough, she should never have hit it anywhere near like that, but what the keeper did next was just as inexplicable. She came out to get it, completely misjudged it and it went over her and into the goal. Now, some will say "That happens in mens football sometimes as well you know" but that kind of thing, terrible technique and poor decision making, happens A LOT in the womens game, to the point where it's really hard to watch. There are so many embarrassing own goals and goalkeeping. The standard is terrible.

I often say that it's probably 5th tier level and that's being kind, but even then, there's a reason I don't watch 5th tier football. The BIG problem I have with it though is how much they are trying to get the womens and the mens teams to be equal. If they aren't equal in standard then they aren't equal. If the standard is so bad that people don't want to watch it (attendances for womens top tier in this country has dropped for the last three years running, despite all the promotion of it - attendances are usually a few hundred, just over a thousand at most) then why should women be paid the same as the men are?

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the BBC has gone all out this year promoting women's football as much as possible. Lots of stories placed on the BBC website, videos etc etc. They'll sell them with clickbait titles "Amazing goal" but they're often nothing of the sort. It's being forced down people's throats and anytime you do that you end up helping to turn people away. A lot of the comments sections have been disabled because so many people were commenting in a more 'truthful' way than they deemed fit. This is the modern world in a nutshell though isn't it: agree with what we say or think, or you won't be allowed to say it.

I wish them the best in what they do, but when they start making demands and organizations and media go out of their way to force an agenda, all whilst not having any self-awareness of their actual abiltiies, well, I'm out. Enjoy it if you can fellas, I won't be watching any of it.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 9, 2019, 08:29:43 am »
I'd love to see someone come out and actually tell the truth, but that would be hard to find in todays PC drowned world. Men are better at some things and women are better at others. Trying to force women to be good at more male endeavors and vice versa just isn't going to work out how you want it to; nature made us this way for a reason. The PC/feminist brigade won't have that though. Physicality, athleticism, technique, skill, decision making, spatial awareness - all things they can do relatively well in other areas in isolation, but football demands it all together. The result is a very poor standard.

One example was an own goal I saw from last season. For some inexplicable reason the woman sent a pass back to the keeper from near her own halfway line (under no pressure), but hit it as if she was trying to clear the stadium. A high lofty hoof. That was bad enough, she should never have hit it anywhere near like that, but what the keeper did next was just as inexplicable. She came out to get it, completely misjudged it and it went over her and into the goal. Now, some will say "That happens in mens football sometimes as well you know" but that kind of thing, terrible technique and poor decision making, happens A LOT in the womens game, to the point where it's really hard to watch. There are so many embarrassing own goals and goalkeeping. The standard is terrible.

I often say that it's probably 5th tier level and that's being kind, but even then, there's a reason I don't watch 5th tier football. The BIG problem I have with it though is how much they are trying to get the womens and the mens teams to be equal. If they aren't equal in standard then they aren't equal. If the standard is so bad that people don't want to watch it (attendances for womens top tier in this country has dropped for the last three years running, despite all the promotion of it - attendances are usually a few hundred, just over a thousand at most) then why should women be paid the same as the men are?

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the BBC has gone all out this year promoting women's football as much as possible. Lots of stories placed on the BBC website, videos etc etc. They'll sell them with clickbait titles "Amazing goal" but they're often nothing of the sort. It's being forced down people's throats and anytime you do that you end up helping to turn people away. A lot of the comments sections have been disabled because so many people were commenting in a more 'truthful' way than they deemed fit. This is the modern world in a nutshell though isn't it: agree with what we say or think, or you won't be allowed to say it.

I wish them the best in what they do, but when they start making demands and organizations and media go out of their way to force an agenda, all whilst not having any self-awareness of their actual abiltiies, well, I'm out. Enjoy it if you can fellas, I won't be watching any of it.

So women's football is fucked purely because women lack physicality, athleticism, technique, skill, decision making, spatial awareness?

Are you for real? 

There are 137,021 male professional footballers in the world, there are just 1,287 female professionals. This represents under 1%. The key word being 'professional'. There is no incentive for women to go into a career in football.

Neymar's PSG salary is equivalent to the combined salaries of 1,693 female players from France, Germany, England, the US, Sweden, Australia and Mexico.

Women's football need investment and time, A similar example in the quality of a sport getting investment could be Rugby Union. The major injection of cash into the sport in the 90's allowed players to switch from being amateurs tp elite athletes. Nearly every record in Rugby Union has been broken since the sport went full professional.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 9, 2019, 08:41:58 am »
Mr Drobs - the only 'demands' they're making are to be treated equally and fairly. Even accepting that men might be 'better' at football (and I don't accept that because it's impossible to base it on any sufficiently objective criteria), does that therefore mean they should gain preferential treatment over women?

Get out of the stone age.

And stay out of this thread if you cannot offer anything constructive to it. This is nothing to do with being "PC", it's about being reasonable and fair.

(I'm assuming too that you wouldn't treat the Liverpool women's team the same way - are they inferior too because underneath that liver bird is a mammary gland....?)
« Last Edit: June 9, 2019, 08:45:36 am by 24/7 »

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #56 on: June 9, 2019, 08:55:58 am »
I enjoy watching the big tournament games like I do in other sports in which am I just a casual follower (the tennis slams, snooker, golf etc)

It's pointless comparing women's football to men, but it's come a long way, and well done to the BBC for giving this WC loads of airtime and promoting it to the full, no harm in that. I think the standard is pretty decent and matches are a lot more competitive now than I remember.

I know one thing, it's refreshing to see no play acting or players rolling around embarrassingly faking injuries for a change! Yesterday, I saw some hefty challenges and snide stamps, yet the players tended to just get on with it. The challenge for the 2nd Spanish penalty (which got a 2nd yellow card) was brutal, full 6 studs into the thigh, way after the ball, but not much reaction from the player on the receiving end!

I am looking forward to the England v Scotland game today, without worrying too much about the result, just a nice,relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon watching a bit of decent, high profile sport....live and free!

« Last Edit: June 9, 2019, 10:04:01 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #57 on: June 9, 2019, 09:01:01 am »

And stay out of this thread if you cannot offer anything constructive to it. This is nothing to do with being "PC", it's about being reasonable and fair.

This is the modern world in a nutshell though isn't it: agree with what we say or think, or you won't be allowed to say it.

Thanks for proving my point you giant automaton.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 9, 2019, 09:04:50 am »
Thanks for proving my point you giant automaton.
Fuck off to another site, you massive weapon.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: June 9, 2019, 09:05:13 am »
Anyone give Scotland much of a chance against England tomorrow? I see England beat them 6-0 last time they met.
Group stage at the last Euros? Two years is a lifetime in the women's game. It really shouldn't be anything like that this time around. I'll be very disappointed if it is because I've been looking forward to this game since the draw was made. No reason why Scotland can't get something from it. It's hard to say exactly who will start for them but some combination of Weir/Little/Emslie/Evans/Cuthbert/Ross could really trouble the (sometimes shaky looking) England defense. I think all six might even have started in their last friendly. And for what it's worth, they beat Brazil in their friendly before that.

I've probably jinxed it now.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 9, 2019, 09:08:55 am »
Some people are not here to discuss, they're just here to have a go.

Some people can get to fuck.

Anyway, as you were.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Women's World Cup 2019 (*)
« Reply #61 on: June 9, 2019, 12:01:30 pm »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 9, 2019, 12:02:19 pm »
Sam Kerr is supposed to be good, let’s see if she lives up to the hype.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 9, 2019, 12:11:39 pm »

Fixed.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 9, 2019, 12:17:00 pm »
Australia saved by VAR.

Good news for them. But I came to watch some Bonansea goals.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 9, 2019, 12:26:12 pm »

Lucky with penalty and screwed up there after a brilliant through ball. Not a huge fan of the Tim Cahill celebration either :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #66 on: June 9, 2019, 12:31:51 pm »
Save by the Australian keeper...

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #67 on: June 9, 2019, 12:49:01 pm »
Out of every game I watched. The Aussie are so far the best team. The way they pass out of defence and those one touch flicks and passes around the final third are way better than what France, Germany or Norway had shown.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2019, 12:52:11 pm by Chig »
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 9, 2019, 12:53:58 pm »
Lucky with penalty and screwed up there after a brilliant through ball. Not a huge fan of the Tim Cahill celebration either :P

Just switched it on and watching the first half highlights, thought exactly the same ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #69 on: June 9, 2019, 01:13:59 pm »
Oh dear Australia.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #70 on: June 9, 2019, 01:14:30 pm »
Awful touch there by the defender.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #71 on: June 9, 2019, 01:34:42 pm »
Referee standard is beyond shit in women’s football it seems.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 9, 2019, 01:42:44 pm »
Can’t say I’ve been impressed with Kerr at all. Italy have been quite decent, Bonasea probably the pick of the bunch.

Something I’ve noticed is there are a million offsides in women’s football

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #73 on: June 9, 2019, 01:49:17 pm »
Last chance saloon

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #74 on: June 9, 2019, 01:52:14 pm »
Italy deserve that.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 9, 2019, 01:52:15 pm »

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #76 on: June 9, 2019, 01:52:46 pm »
20 seconds left Brutal for our Commonwealth friends-nice header though great placement

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 9, 2019, 01:53:06 pm »
Keeper though had a touch of the David De Gea's there

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 9, 2019, 01:55:17 pm »
Australia saved by VAR.

Good news for them. But I came to watch some Bonansea goals.
And she didn't let me down  :D

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 9, 2019, 02:48:44 pm »
Brazil 1-0 Jamaica. Great header that.