Author Topic: The 2019 Formula One Thread  (Read 140045 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: The 2019 Formula One Thread
« Reply #1960 on: July 18, 2019, 08:11:36 am »
I was watching the cricket at the same time.

I assumed that he’d stopped again..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1961 on: July 18, 2019, 08:35:38 am »
Especially when you consider he's not even the fastest driver on the track.......

He’s got potential though
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1962 on: July 18, 2019, 08:37:44 am »
I love Lewis, despite his dodgy music taste and even dodgier dress sense. Hes young, who didnt have dodgy music taste and dress sense when they were young. Apart from me that is. Ive always been cool as fuck. Probably.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1963 on: July 18, 2019, 08:53:22 am »
Not sure 34 counts as young really, but in any case, for the vast majority it seems like dislike of him comes from loyalties to other teams and then other reasons being rationalised after that to pretend there is more substance to it.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1964 on: July 18, 2019, 09:22:06 am »
When your mid fifties, 34 is positively youthful.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1965 on: July 18, 2019, 12:21:03 pm »
34 years old already. Bloody hell. He was the new kid yesterday.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1966 on: July 18, 2019, 12:55:35 pm »
dont hate him

sure he is a little flash but i think people look for reasons to hate him

admire him as he is bloody good

Didn't particularly like him during the early years in the sport as I found him a bit too deep in the PR-speak; a bit calculated...speaking in headlines.

He'll never be my favourite at this stage, purely for his dominance and a desire for an underdog to come through, but I've warmed to him a lot over time.  His (Beckham-like) devotion to his brand will always sit a bit uncomfortably (though this sport overall can feel like one big guilty pleasure at times) and I find his prickliness with some aspects of his job irritating (always feel sorry for Rosanna on the parade laps!), but you can't fault him for not being himself so power to him.

He & Mercedes are re-writing the history books at the moment and - whatever your thoughts on how or why this is happening - you've got to admire it.  A generational talent with a record to back it up.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1967 on: July 18, 2019, 01:43:16 pm »
34 years old already. Bloody hell. He was the new kid yesterday.
Scary isn't it.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1968 on: July 18, 2019, 02:41:50 pm »
Frankly, he is the best there has ever been. He is a Brit. He's done it the hard way from common beginnings with a dedicated family behind him. I'd still rib the fecker over his clobber and music tho. Plus he's a gooner, which deserves ridicule. My best mates are gooners, wankers the pair of them.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1969 on: July 23, 2019, 09:51:54 am »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1970 on: July 23, 2019, 10:17:00 am »
Going to be a very hot quali (30+ deg) and very high chance of rain and storms for the race.

Watch every team blow through their softs in quali then play the rain game on the Sunday

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: July 23, 2019, 10:20:45 am »
drizzled at end of last years race, arguably the beginning of the end for Vettel

I think he has regressed as a driver to be honest and if pushed i'm a Ferrari fan

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1972 on: July 25, 2019, 09:37:23 am »
does anyone listen to beyond the grid? was a recent one with Derek Warwick, thought it was brilliant.

Though very tough listening to him about Paul

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1973 on: July 25, 2019, 10:44:23 am »
does anyone listen to beyond the grid? was a recent one with Derek Warwick, thought it was brilliant.

Haven't listened to that one yet, but it's an outstanding podcast series. Very rare you get an 'official licensed product' which allows such candid views to be aired.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: July 25, 2019, 10:45:51 am »
theres about 50 now

the only one i didnt like is Raikkonen. Some people think hes funny, i find him boring to be honest. Good driver but the monotone one word answers can only be funny so many times.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1975 on: July 25, 2019, 08:39:59 pm »
theres about 50 now

the only one i didnt like is Raikkonen. Some people think hes funny, i find him boring to be honest. Good driver but the monotone one word answers can only be funny so many times.

Glad I am not the only one who thinks that about Kimi. That fact he’s considered a ‘character’ says a lot about the current state of drivers in F1.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1976 on: July 26, 2019, 05:14:42 pm »

Been going through them at work and yeah, theyre mostly excellent, find myself wanting him to get people like Vettel on given hes pretty private, or hear Alonso talk about McLaren, like Bradders said its rare you find something linked to "the brand" that is genuinely open about whats going on in the sport. Some of the older drivers are great, they dont give a fuck and hearing stories about the 70s and 80s is really fun.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1977 on: July 26, 2019, 06:42:52 pm »
It'd be somewhat amusing if merc sponsored the race, made a thing of this anniversary and had a special livery and didn't win.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: July 26, 2019, 06:44:05 pm »
It'd be somewhat amusing if merc sponsored the race, made a thing of this anniversary and had a special livery and didn't win.
Given that their car and engine are designed and built in Britain  by a team that is >80% British is somewhat ironic too.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: July 26, 2019, 07:09:14 pm »
The Ferraris were fastest today but this was entirely due to speed onthe straight.

Mercedes have had to revert to their old aero package due to cooling issues.  Will they revert back when it’s cooler tomorrow?
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1980 on: July 27, 2019, 11:08:31 am »
the merc crew in flat caps is kinda amusing.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1981 on: July 27, 2019, 12:04:39 pm »
Ferrari top the timesheet in each session. Another interesting qually session to come...will the rain hold off?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: July 27, 2019, 12:16:22 pm »
If it doesn’t Ferrari will be well pissed.

They have a huge advantage here
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1983 on: July 27, 2019, 12:55:11 pm »
Ferrari huge favourites here
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: July 27, 2019, 02:15:25 pm »
Vettel out
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1985 on: July 27, 2019, 02:17:53 pm »
:lmao

Pole beckons... and the fucker breaks down....

Got to feel a bit for Vettel there.
W

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1986 on: July 27, 2019, 02:22:43 pm »
Ferrari will Ferrari...Leclerc will pole it to rub the salt in

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1987 on: July 27, 2019, 02:25:35 pm »
ferrari have a good day then take aim squarely at their own foot again.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1988 on: July 27, 2019, 02:34:21 pm »
Blown turbo for Vettel...

Don’t hear that very much these days...
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1989 on: July 27, 2019, 02:41:53 pm »
less than half a tenth between 8th and 13th there.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1990 on: July 27, 2019, 02:52:11 pm »
and ferrari have now blown off their other foot too.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1991 on: July 27, 2019, 02:53:02 pm »
 :shocked

Now LeClerc out too!

The same issue?  The FIA guy had been at the garage at the he start of Q3... did they want to change something they weren’t allowed to?
W

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1992 on: July 27, 2019, 03:03:07 pm »
Lewis Hamilton 1st

Max 2nd

Bottas poor 3rd

LeClerc 10th

Vettel last

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1993 on: July 27, 2019, 03:06:10 pm »
Fuel issue for LeClerc

Offline b_joseph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: July 27, 2019, 03:07:31 pm »
Even when quick, they are slow...lewis vs Max tomorrow will be terrifying.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1995 on: July 27, 2019, 07:23:57 pm »
When they say it was a fuel issue, does that mean that they didn’t put enough fuel in?
W

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1996 on: July 27, 2019, 09:17:41 pm »
Lewis has been ill all weekend to the extent they had had Ocon on standby today in case he physically couldnt participate, hes basically been missing all the briefings and trying to sleep it off, waking up and jumping in the car and he puts it on pole by three tenths. Unbelievable, no wonder Toto was on the radio saying how he never stops amazing them.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1997 on: July 27, 2019, 09:35:22 pm »
 :evil

Me greeting the Ferrari technicians tonight. Not much else to say.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 09:37:05 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1998 on: July 28, 2019, 11:29:03 am »
Lewis has been ill all weekend to the extent they had had Ocon on standby today in case he physically couldnt participate, hes basically been missing all the briefings and trying to sleep it off, waking up and jumping in the car and he puts it on pole by three tenths. Unbelievable, no wonder Toto was on the radio saying how he never stops amazing them.

Incredible.  First he overcomes childhood poverty, having grown up in a house with only four bathrooms in the slums of Stevenage...and now he overcomes a sore throat too?!.  C'mon mate, lets not overdo it.  ;D

Anyhow...

Quite looking forward to this one.  Hopefully we'll get a fun battle to watch between Lewis and Max at the front, and then there's the Ferrari's coming through the field (hopefully) from their respective positions.  Added to that it's a track where you can actually overtake and there's a chance of rain.  Fingers crossed for some decent entertainment lads.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 11:36:09 am by Darren G »

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1999 on: July 28, 2019, 12:32:23 pm »
the brundle brolly is out. if it's wet it could be anything today.

so lets hope it rains.