Author Topic: The I'm sick to death of Christmas - Bah Humbug thread.  (Read 16269 times)

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The I'm sick to death of Christmas - Bah Humbug thread.
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2013, 11:33:50 am »
I'm in work too. Why the fuck the CSA are open on Christmas eve I dont know. About 60 of us in our office today, and I heard the phone go about 4 times since I came in.
Yep I work in a training company, who's going to want to come in to do an English course on Christmas Eve? We've had one phone call all morning, usually it's dozens by now but i'm assuming job centres must be shut. What is the bloody point?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2013, 11:39:55 am »
Stop moaning and be thankful that you're getting paid to do naff all and that you're not being drive round the bend in the house by your family doing everything under the sun.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2013, 12:26:33 pm »
True, but then you've not listed "christmas eve drinks in the pub" as a potential alternative to both!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #123 on: December 24, 2013, 01:22:24 pm »
I enjoy Christmas and love seeing the kids excited. What I hate is my daughter having yet another little bug (throat infection and rash) that makes for sleepless nights and means she isn't herself. Got to do the logistics of filling their stockings while she is most likely up and about later too!

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #124 on: December 25, 2013, 08:12:42 pm »
Brings out the worst in me.

Two much food, too much ale, too much running around after kids, too much time with members of the family who are the sort of people you'd never spend any time with if you weren't related. By about 6 o'clock in the evening I'm done with people. Just want to crash out in silence. I spent 45 minutes yesterday afternoon with 10 members of my dads side of the family as my nan discovered QV-fucking-C for the first time. If that's the holiday spirit then it needs fucking off into a shallow grave.

... and a happy new year.

It's just too much in too short a time. Needs dragging out over 3 or 4 days each. Not doing it twice in the space of two days.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: December 25, 2013, 08:52:51 pm »
Agree with that, I'm out visiting all day tomorrow, not looking forward to it at all. Spending time with family who you'd never spend any time with if you weren't related because you don't have anything in common with them at all. Making sure that we're back home by 5 at the latest though, just looking forward to the game now to be honest.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 25, 2013, 10:21:11 pm »
is it over yet?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 25, 2013, 11:37:24 pm »
Yawn. Also, it just encourages them...
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2013, 09:30:31 am »
Meh.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2015, 08:03:24 pm »
Was in Home and Bargains today and on the speakers it was "Christmas in New York" by the Pogues.

In mid November.

FUCKING MID NOVEMBER.

:no
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2015, 08:07:14 pm »
Was in Home and Bargains today and on the speakers it was "Christmas in New York" by the Pogues.

In mid November.

FUCKING MID NOVEMBER.

Not heard that one, is it a new release?
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2015, 08:07:50 pm »
Fuckin Grinch central in here eh..misearable fuckas. ;D

Not in November though.

In mid November.

FUCKING MID NOVEMBER.

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2015, 08:12:07 pm »
Ah growing up Jewish at this time.

"What did you get for christmas?"

"Sadness, envy and disappointment."

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2015, 08:24:55 pm »
Not heard that one, is it a new release?

No idea.  Not up on this modern music malarky.  Whole thing is just a bad fairytale.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2015, 09:39:32 pm »
FUCK CHRISTMAS

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2015, 10:13:12 pm »
Ah growing up Jewish at this time.

"What did you get for christmas?"

"Sadness, envy, disappointment, and my foreskin sliced off while I screamed."
  :-X
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2015, 10:23:45 pm »
  :-X

;D I don't remember it so doesn't affect me.

Reminds me of a joke I heard many years ago.

"Jewish people must be the most arrogant people ever, they slice a bit off before knowing how big it's going to get"

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2015, 09:40:31 am »
I've not really thought about it yet, other than being dead glad it's going to be a small gathering this year for us. Got a couple of presents for the lad already, time to start panicking about what the other half wants isn't for a week or two yet...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2015, 09:48:11 am »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2015, 11:01:29 am »

In mid November.

FUCKING MID NOVEMBER.

I went looking around a couple of shops yesterday & a couple of Christmas songs were blasting out, if you're going to play Christmas songs at least keep it in December, just looking on my EPG one of the music channels has been renamed Blissmass it's only mid November. :butt
#Sausages

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2015, 01:21:01 pm »
I went looking around a couple of shops yesterday & a couple of Christmas songs were blasting out, if you're going to play Christmas songs at least keep it in December, just looking on my EPG one of the music channels has been renamed Blissmass it's only mid November. :butt

I wouldn't have minded QUITE so much, except with that particular song they cut out the verse with the swearing in it.   :butt

Popcorn's Art

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2015, 10:19:55 pm »
I have introduced a zero tolerance rule in our house and the remote in my hand TV goes on mute for every Christmas Ad..

Its not fucking Christmas, its fucking November...desperate retail world and desperate ...and lets say it...female consumers ruining Christmas by killing what little 'magic ' remains by making it an eight week slog!...and the biggest fucking lie perpetuated ad nauseum...IT NEVER FUCKING SNOWS!!!!

apart from that , God bless all of us, everyone!....

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2015, 11:43:11 am »

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2019, 08:21:16 am »
Saw an advert for a shoe store saying they have an early christmas offer on winter boots. €25 shoes for €10.

Its not even November FFS. Plus, I'm pretty sure its the 2018 shoes coming on sale before they stock up on the 2019 models and start overcharging us for it.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2019, 08:23:25 am »
Supermarket have had Christmas stuff out for well over a month now. Fucking ridiculous.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2019, 09:49:25 am »
Supermarket have had Christmas stuff out for well over a month now. Fucking ridiculous.

And no Orange Twirl's anywhere to be seen !

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2019, 12:15:55 pm »
I've been sick of it since June, when I first started seeing Christmas related ads in magazines, papers etc. Then came the QVC-type TV channels doing 'Christmas in July' segments.  :no

Just go away, please. I don't even want to hear about it until the beginning of December, never mind have it rammed down my throat before I even go on my summer holiday.

I'm not religious at all. In fact, I really dislike religion, but even I get annoyed at how the meaning of Christmas has been perverted beyond all recognition. All it is now is one very long commercial greed-fest. So, pretty much everything it shouldn't be.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2019, 01:50:53 am »
I don't even like it when it's Christmas. Seriously thinking about just going my local then getting home at 4pm this year. Best one I ever had was in 2006 and I done just that.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2019, 07:26:32 am »
The other day Channel 5 were showing a couple of Christmas movies & it's only October. :butt
#Sausages

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2019, 04:07:20 pm »
You can tell it's mid October when the expensive perfume ads start appearing on the telly.

Waste of money really. Don't they know most blokes buy from the counter with the best looking sales girl on? Mind you most blokes buy perfume when pissed so even that's subjective.

Ideally these ads should be viewed through beer goggles, week commencing 20th December.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2019, 05:30:42 pm »
You can tell it's mid October when the expensive perfume ads start appearing on the telly.

Waste of money really. Don't they know most blokes buy from the counter with the best looking sales girl on? Mind you most blokes buy perfume when pissed so even that's subjective.

Ideally these ads should be viewed through beer goggles, week commencing 20th December.
They're sneaking them in earlier year by year, aren't they? If it weren't for Halloween, they'd be all over it. The Argos advert is basically a stealth Christmas advert, but they know it's too early to utter the word, so they just drop a nice little reminder in the background with the snow graphics.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2019, 05:38:44 pm »
They're sneaking them in earlier year by year, aren't they? If it weren't for Halloween, they'd be all over it. The Argos advert is basically a stealth Christmas advert, but they know it's too early to utter the word, so they just drop a nice little reminder in the background with the snow graphics.

Isn't that subliminal advertising?  :D