Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 313325 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #7760 on: Yesterday at 10:39:00 pm »
The real question though is who goes down more easily, sahka, or his missus?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7761 on: Yesterday at 10:41:42 pm »
Quote from: Garlicbread

That Arsenal team seems to be full of pricks. Rice seems sound though.

There are too many Irish people on this forum to keep repeating this. Doesn't matter how many sound things he says, he'll always be a c*nt to me.

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7762 on: Yesterday at 10:44:03 pm »
There are too many Irish people on this forum to keep repeating this. Doesn't matter how many sound things he says, he'll always be a c*nt to me.

Seconded.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7763 on: Yesterday at 10:50:57 pm »
What did Rice do that was so bad? Not being provocative, I don’t really care too much about the national teams. He’s English born with Irish family (are his parents both Irish?). But there are tons of people like that. Do they all have to play for Ireland? Similarly tons of English born players have chosen to play for Ireland. What’s the issue? The fact he turned out to be decent?

On the flip side he quite clearly calls his girlfriend Babe and his mates Melts and that must count against him.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7764 on: Yesterday at 11:02:17 pm »
What did Rice do that was so bad? Not being provocative, I don’t really care too much about the national teams. He’s English born with Irish family (are his parents both Irish?). But there are tons of people like that. Do they all have to play for Ireland? Similarly tons of English born players have chosen to play for Ireland. What’s the issue? The fact he turned out to be decent?

On the flip side he quite clearly calls his girlfriend Babe and his mates Melts and that must count against him.

Likely due to the fact he went through the Irish youth set up at pretty much all levels, made 3 appearances for the senior side then jumped ship.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7765 on: Yesterday at 11:35:19 pm »
Likely due to the fact he went through the Irish youth set up at pretty much all levels, made 3 appearances for the senior side then jumped ship.

An ability to learn from his mistakes is not something to be sniffed at.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7766 on: Yesterday at 11:47:37 pm »
Deccers is a top lad. Cesc Fabregas ditched his long term girlfriend and childhood sweetheart who travelled with him to london from Spain when they were both teenagers , for a married wag 12years older than him who gave him her number at Nandos. Now thats a c*nt.
As for the Ireland England debate, hes a london boy, Kingston massives, innit.

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7767 on: Today at 08:42:11 am »

Yes all this. It's not that he could've played for us and didn't, it's that he actually did fucking play for us and then went turncoat.

And he didn't just go as far having three senior caps - he also indulged in all this badge kissing and the nonsense "up the 'RA" tweets, as though playing for Ireland was what he really wanted. Then goes and jumps ship at the first sign of England interest. Suggests he's a two-faced dickhead. If Madrid came in for him in a year's time, he'd probably act the prick to force a move. Comes across as extremely false to me.

It shouldn't be confused with Jack Grealish, who also played for ireland at all the underage levels, but never the senior team, and never did all the performative badge-kissing shite like Rice. When he went to play for England it was very disappointing, but somewhat fair enough. Now Grealish is a dickhead in plenty of other ways, but I don't hold the Ireland thing against him.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7768 on: Today at 09:47:14 am »
I can see how that’s annoying. Trying to think of an England equivalent but there isn’t really. Zaha maybe but respect his decision, and he was on the fringes for England never did any performative stuff either.

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7769 on: Today at 11:32:03 am »
I can see how that’s annoying. Trying to think of an England equivalent but there isn’t really. Zaha maybe but respect his decision, and he was on the fringes for England never did any performative stuff either.

It's compounded by the fact that Ireland are abysmal now, and Rice and Grealish would've had a completely transformative effect if they had played for us

England always have good players, so even if it did happen to them, missing out on a couple of players - even very good ones like Rice and Grealish - wouldn't make a huge difference.

But even leaving that to one side, just for the way he carried on, Rice is definitely someone who is hugely disliked in Ireland, and he completely deserves that in my opinion.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7770 on: Today at 11:46:00 am »
It's compounded by the fact that Ireland are abysmal now, and Rice and Grealish would've had a completely transformative effect if they had played for us

England always have good players, so even if it did happen to them, missing out on a couple of players - even very good ones like Rice and Grealish - wouldn't make a huge difference.

But even leaving that to one side, just for the way he carried on, Rice is definitely someone who is hugely disliked in Ireland, and he completely deserves that in my opinion.

Think i mentioned before, he sounded like a daft young lad trying to over compensate for the fact he isn't actually Irish. I mean his Up the Ra stuff alone suggests that.

I get why the Irish feel betrayed. Can understand mind you being courted by the country that you are actually born and brought up in, that qualifies for basically every major tournament, must be a big head turner. And i say that as a Scot.

I get his daft boy antics haven't helped him in the slightest here though.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7771 on: Today at 12:53:40 pm »

I mean, we got Andy Townsend and Phil Babb back in the 90s, so I guess we're just hurting now the way the English were hurting then.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7772 on: Today at 01:27:07 pm »
I mean, we got Andy Townsend and Phil Babb back in the 90s, so I guess we're just hurting now the way the English were hurting then.

Given we called the likes of Geoff Thomas and Andy Gray (Palace and Spurs?) in midfield, and Carlton Palmer became a stalwart racking up quite a few caps you actually raise a valid point about Townsend! Good job we’re such a reasonable nation who don’t bear grudges.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7773 on: Today at 01:42:40 pm »
Given we called the likes of Geoff Thomas and Andy Gray (Palace and Spurs?) in midfield, and Carlton Palmer became a stalwart racking up quite a few caps you actually raise a valid point about Townsend! Good job we’re such a reasonable nation who don’t bear grudges.

Neither do us Scots...i mean we only sing about a battle that happened over 700 years ago! Lets not mention the Old Firm either!

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7774 on: Today at 03:07:39 pm »
Hope Chelsea smash these diving, play-acting twats.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #7775 on: Today at 03:12:28 pm »
Deccers is a top lad. Cesc Fabregas ditched his long term girlfriend and childhood sweetheart who travelled with him to london from Spain when they were both teenagers , for a married wag 12years older than him who gave him her number at Nandos. Now thats a c*nt.
As for the Ireland England debate, hes a london boy, Kingston massives, innit.

"Deccers" Christ on a bike