Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2095563 times)

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #11840 on: January 15, 2020, 05:32:23 pm »
Same. Fucking enrages me. Only game this season I've not picked up in the late availability because they did this. Literally got 11 out of 11 except United. Frustrating is not the word. Had a good system going but they killed me on these.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

11/11 is impressive... 8/11 for me but it's been ridiculously painful. Hopefully I will figure your 'system' out ;)

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11841 on: January 15, 2020, 07:09:28 pm »
Same. Fucking enrages me. Only game this season I've not picked up in the late availability because they did this. Literally got 11 out of 11 except United. Frustrating is not the word. Had a good system going but they killed me on these.

Last season I got tickets through a mix of bulk, local, autocup and late availability and United was the ONLY ticket I failed to get. Even now it’s still probably the most attractive fixture on the calendar and so the trickiest to pick up. (Save maybe Chelsea in a few months....)

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11842 on: January 15, 2020, 07:14:47 pm »
Given the circumstances, I'm failing to see why giving everyone a fair crack at getting the extra utd tickets is somehow unfair?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #11843 on: January 15, 2020, 09:33:18 pm »
Given the circumstances, I'm failing to see why giving everyone a fair crack at getting the extra utd tickets is somehow unfair?
Because it’s different to how they’ve done it all season, including Sheffield United with the same circumstances. Like I said a couple days ago, if this was the system for every game I would be fine with and work with it, but it’s not and a prime opportunity for tickets wasn’t taken away on Monday for probably the hardest game of the year.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #11844 on: January 16, 2020, 12:08:21 am »
Because it’s different to how they’ve done it all season, including Sheffield United with the same circumstances. Like I said a couple days ago, if this was the system for every game I would be fine with and work with it, but it’s not and a prime opportunity for tickets wasn’t taken away on Monday for probably the hardest game of the year.

The club sold all the tickets so the system worked fine for some lucky people, I hope they see a great game and enjoy Anfield - YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11845 on: January 16, 2020, 02:18:21 am »
The club sold all the tickets so the system worked fine for some lucky people, I hope they see a great game and enjoy Anfield - YNWA !
not sure where I said anything different? Weird

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #11846 on: January 16, 2020, 08:30:35 am »
Because it’s different to how they’ve done it all season, including Sheffield United with the same circumstances.
I'd hardly say it was the same circumstances, the Fan Update deadline was 31st Dec, the TO was then closed on New Years Day, then its match day.

I'm not saying i don't understand your frustration as it basically ends any late drops the week of the game which loads on here rely on (myself included). I do however feel that this new additional sale will be the direction the club takes for the remainder of this season.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #11847 on: January 16, 2020, 08:37:55 am »
I'd hardly say it was the same circumstances, the Fan Update deadline was 31st Dec, the TO was then closed on New Years Day, then its match day.

I'm not saying i don't understand your frustration as it basically ends any late drops the week of the game which loads on here rely on (myself included). I do however feel that this new additional sale will be the direction the club takes for the remainder of this season.

I don't. I think all them tickets will be available in the first 'additional members sale'. The only reason they had a sort of second 'additional members sale' for man united was because the first was prior to them sorting out all the cancelled tickets.

Take Southampton for example, they should just be thrown into the additional members sale when that gets announced, because they know what tickets they've cancelled and have a sort of process now. And then once they're sold, it will be the drops as per usual.

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #11848 on: January 16, 2020, 09:02:09 am »
I don't. I think all them tickets will be available in the first 'additional members sale'. The only reason they had a sort of second 'additional members sale' for man united was because the first was prior to them sorting out all the cancelled tickets.

Take Southampton for example, they should just be thrown into the additional members sale when that gets announced, because they know what tickets they've cancelled and have a sort of process now. And then once they're sold, it will be the drops as per usual.
I actually agree here... I remember actually thinking that the day of the United sale too... but then obviously completely forgot I had that thought haha

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #11849 on: January 16, 2020, 09:19:07 am »
If there wasn't an extra additional sale for United and the extra tickets were just dropped randomly after the local sale or something then everyone here probably would have got sorted quite easily. I think that's what we were all hoping for but this one off extra additional sale was probably fairer.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #11850 on: January 16, 2020, 09:36:13 am »
I actually agree here... I remember actually thinking that the day of the United sale too... but then obviously completely forgot I had that thought haha

Haha... great minds...  The club will probably think something different :D

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11851 on: January 16, 2020, 09:42:26 am »
If there wasn't an extra additional sale for United and the extra tickets were just dropped randomly after the local sale or something then everyone here probably would have got sorted quite easily. I think that's what we were all hoping for but this one off extra additional sale was probably fairer.

In what way though? As someone who tries for these last minute drops a few times a year I understand the amount of time and frustration that goes into it and I think it's not fair to do a second drop. Reason being is that there has already been one additional drop, a local, a bulk, etc. So I think why not give more of a chance to those dedicated enough to spend literally their whole week or more refreshing? I think tickets should go to those who want them most. In a way I feel it is a lot more fairer to give them to people willing to give up their free time checking the screen every 2 seconds, than to people who get up early once and then leave it down to complete luck. Most people who get tickets this way have spent a lot more time trying and what is more fairer to give them to dedication rather than luck. I'd rather it was down to that even if it means there will be less chance for me as to be honest this obsessive refreshing business is really hard graft.

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #11852 on: January 16, 2020, 09:52:32 am »
In what way though? As someone who tries for these last minute drops a few times a year I understand the amount of time and frustration that goes into it and I think it's not fair to do a second drop. Reason being is that there has already been one additional drop, a local, a bulk, etc. So I think why not give more of a chance to those dedicated enough to spend literally their whole week or more refreshing? I think tickets should go to those who want them most. In a way I feel it is a lot more fairer to give them to people willing to give up their free time checking the screen every 2 seconds, than to people who get up early once and then leave it down to complete luck. Most people who get tickets this way have spent a lot more time trying and what is more fairer to give them to dedication rather than luck. I'd rather it was down to that even if it means there will be less chance for me as to be honest this obsessive refreshing business is really hard graft.
I am one of those who is constantly on the website when I need a ticket, the problem with it though is I can only do that because my job allows me too... If my work suddenly blocked the website or I got a new job then the chances are that would change and i'd probably end up booking several sale dates off instead. That then does not mean that I am suddenly less committed to the cause than another member, its just purely circumstantial.

Also, lets not forget the tickets that were cancelled would have been included in the advertised bulk sale had the update taken place close season/ prior to November.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:55:13 am by Istanbul5Star »

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #11853 on: January 16, 2020, 10:14:38 am »
I am one of those who is constantly on the website when I need a ticket, the problem with it though is I can only do that because my job allows me too... If my work suddenly blocked the website or I got a new job then the chances are that would change and i'd probably end up booking several sale dates off instead. That then does not mean that I am suddenly less committed to the cause than another member, its just purely circumstantial.

Also, lets not forget the tickets that were cancelled would have been included in the advertised bulk sale had the update taken place close season/ prior to November.

I'm the same, also lucky that I have 100mbps + internet in our office so when tickets are actively dropping I probably have a little bit of an advantage on the refresh. However if I worked in construction on building sites all day for example I don't know what I'd do for tickets, especially now we're playing the way we are there's very few FV spares knocking about as opposed to a few years ago

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11854 on: January 16, 2020, 10:25:27 am »

There is plenty of chance though for people to get sorted in the other sales, I'm just saying taking the few extra from the people willing to spend all their time online trying is unfair. It's like people sleeping overnight to get a ticket or standing all day in a queue, there's loads of chance for people who can't do that but it is/was nice when a good few handfuls were left over for people willing to slog it out.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11855 on: January 16, 2020, 10:32:19 am »
In theory yes another sale is “fairer” but when you change a system mid-season you can see why I say it’s not fair as well

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11856 on: January 16, 2020, 11:04:53 am »
How do you know that they haven’t?  I managed to get one in this sale but have struggled when trying to get them in the random drops this season.  Just because you have more time during the day doesn’t mean that you want them anymore than anyone else.

I understand people being frustrated at not being able to get a ticket for one of the biggest games of the season – I’ve been there so I know the feeling – but everyone in this sale has been to between 4 and 12 games so has a history of going.  It’s not like the people getting them have never been to a game before.

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11857 on: January 16, 2020, 11:12:17 am »
With the way the season ticket movement is a non starter until the next expansion of the ground, what do people think of a possible system like this for long term members??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51129422

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11858 on: January 16, 2020, 11:18:12 am »
How do you know that they haven’t? I managed to get one in this sale but have struggled when trying to get them in the random drops this season. Just because you have more time during the day doesn’t mean that you want them anymore than anyone else.

I understand people being frustrated at not being able to get a ticket for one of the biggest games of the season – I’ve been there so I know the feeling – but everyone in this sale has been to between 4 and 12 games so has a history of going.  It’s not like the people getting them have never been to a game before.

You think anyone has the time to sit an refresh a screen the entire week?   ;D I know for some it won't be possible due to work etc, but for some they will be breaking rules, that goes the same for when some can't get a bulk sale because of some reason. Like I said I equate it to something like people camping overnight to get a ticket, the more people want it the more time they are willing to sacrifice.

I think my main point is that there should be a system like there is, bulk sale, additional, local, etc, but there should also be something like the last minute drops which rewards those willing to do whatever it takes to get a ticket. Not saying I would every time, as refreshing kills my life, but I just respect those who do this shit almost every week or two most the season.

I just want something else than the 'luck' of the queue to not be a factor every time. Maybe we should have a Mortal kombat or Street fighter screen pop up for the final 100 tickets that we can fight it out for.   

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #11859 on: January 16, 2020, 11:21:06 am »
I just want something else than the 'luck' of the queue to not be a factor every time. Maybe we should have a Mortal kombat or Street fighter screen pop up for the final 100 tickets that we can fight it out for.

Maybe a 'capture the flag' sort of thing on COD where you have to find a ticket and then defend it against other players.

I'd be shit at that too
Legacy fan

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11860 on: January 16, 2020, 11:26:45 am »
Maybe a 'capture the flag' sort of thing on COD where you have to find a ticket and then defend it against other players.

I'd be shit at that too

Exactly! Or maybe 4 player Goldeneye, actually that wouldn't help as I'd just be spending every hour of the day practicing so it'd fuck me either way! Would be way more fun though.

Offline Tame_Impala

• Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #11861 on: January 16, 2020, 11:37:29 am »

I'd be shit at that too

I think if that thing happens where you basket a ticket which has also been basketed by another member, the club should arrange a straightner for it in the sandon carpark. Winner takes all

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11862 on: January 16, 2020, 11:54:11 am »
I think if that thing happens where you basket a ticket which has also been basketed by another member, the club should arrange a straightner for it in the sandon carpark. Winner takes all

Could have adult an junior ticket fights an everything, proper gladiatorial shit, mud pit for the ladies, I'd forget about the games.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11863 on: January 16, 2020, 12:03:25 pm »
You think anyone has the time to sit an refresh a screen the entire week?   ;D I know for some it won't be possible due to work etc, but for some they will be breaking rules, that goes the same for when some can't get a bulk sale because of some reason. Like I said I equate it to something like people camping overnight to get a ticket, the more people want it the more time they are willing to sacrifice.

I think my main point is that there should be a system like there is, bulk sale, additional, local, etc, but there should also be something like the last minute drops which rewards those willing to do whatever it takes to get a ticket. Not saying I would every time, as refreshing kills my life, but I just respect those who do this shit almost every week or two most the season.

A ballot is the only way.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #11864 on: January 16, 2020, 12:53:12 pm »
not sure where I said anything different? Weird

the difference is, a system thats not fine for you, is perfectly fine for others !

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11865 on: January 16, 2020, 12:58:10 pm »
the difference is, a system thats not fine for you, is perfectly fine for others !
Well yeah because it decreases my chance of a ticket dramatically so, also again like I’ve said if this was system used all the time I’d be fine but it isn’t so

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11866 on: January 16, 2020, 01:16:11 pm »

It was the same sale they always do, just with more tickets,  11 or 12 when it comes back on the day of the local sale. Not enough people knew there is usually a drop so there was never a queue and we all had a decent chance to get sorted.

Now the club announced it to the world everyone knew about it so there was a large queue and far less chance of getting sorted.

It might be fairer to all but people care about themselves getting sorted before a stranger and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:34:07 pm by scouser102002 »

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #11867 on: January 16, 2020, 01:17:09 pm »
Well yeah because it decreases my chance of a ticket dramatically so, also again like I’ve said if this was system used all the time I’d be fine but it isn’t so

its the system that wins every time - YNWA !

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11868 on: January 16, 2020, 01:26:46 pm »
its the system that wins every time - YNWA !
the current system wins everytime too so

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11869 on: January 16, 2020, 02:25:13 pm »
ffs
was there any manc tickets there
banner was off for over 25 mins then i got a queue,back in now and banner back on

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11870 on: January 16, 2020, 02:28:37 pm »
I didn't see any but did notice the banner was off.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #11871 on: January 16, 2020, 02:30:57 pm »
the current system wins everytime too so

so, any system, any time, wins everytime for LFC !

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #11872 on: January 16, 2020, 03:01:15 pm »
I didn't see any but did notice the banner was off.

I bet an actual psychopath works in that ticket office and lives only to tease us. Takes the banner off for no reason or drops one ticket just to see us squirm.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11873 on: January 16, 2020, 03:03:13 pm »
Definitely no tickets in the last half an hour but I just spent 5 mins putting my shopping away running back and forward putting past my laptop everytime!

Offline Tame_Impala

• Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #11874 on: January 16, 2020, 03:10:05 pm »
I bet an actual psychopath works in that ticket office and lives only to tease us. Takes the banner off for no reason or drops one ticket just to see us squirm.

Deffo a load of blues manning the computers

Offline legoflamb

• Legacy Fan
  • A Likely Lid
« Reply #11875 on: January 16, 2020, 03:30:29 pm »
ffs
was there any manc tickets there
banner was off for over 25 mins then i got a queue,back in now and banner back on

Nothing Joe. I was in refreshing the whole time it was off. Nothing came up.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11876 on: January 16, 2020, 03:57:55 pm »
Looks like tomorrow is gonna be the day if any, you’d think there would be handful of returns in 4 days

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #11877 on: January 16, 2020, 04:11:52 pm »
Looks like tomorrow is gonna be the day if any, you’d think there would be handful of returns in 4 days

Think there's been sales all week so you'd think tomorrow would be the drop but I wouldn't be expecting much

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11878 on: January 16, 2020, 04:17:24 pm »
Think there's been sales all week so you'd think tomorrow would be the drop but I wouldn't be expecting much
I mean there’s gonna be a drop a some point even if it’s like 5 seats so

Offline viewing only

• Main Stander
« Reply #11879 on: January 17, 2020, 10:06:52 am »
Just been a drop about 8 red blocks on Kop.