Author Topic: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?  (Read 56008 times)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Re: Destiny 2 - No Spoilers Guardians
« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2017, 01:28:14 am »
Driving me mad today stuck on 267 light everything I have got today is either 260 or 265 that guns or amour.

The only thing of interest I got today was some guided game tickets.

If you're over 265, the only way to get harder better faster stronger is to get 'Powerful Gear' from objectives.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: September 20, 2017, 03:14:51 am »
The riskrunner gun is nice and the reload perk is sweet.

The Riskrunner is my go to weapon for Taken and Fallen. Get a little attack by any arc damage by those foes n you will absolutely tear  them apart. Need to get in close and get hit once or twice but the payoff is incredible. Well worth getting your teeth into on this weeks nightfall. Have done it twice and I was getting a good 40/50% more kills than the other players in my fireteam coz of Riskrunner.

Wanna do a raid at some point this week. Nearly killed the boss yesterday but couldn't quite get it over the line.

Loving the extra lil rewards from clan exploits too :D

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2017, 06:19:16 am »
Think I'm 272 gearscore and don't think I can get any higher by not doing nightfall [is it that] or a raid.

I think that's right only just done a patrol but loot is crap, need to do a first strike as well.
choose Life.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2017, 09:37:10 am »
Did the raid up to the Gauntlet bit but then we wiped a couple times while people learned the mechanics and people rage quit - it's actually quite fun raid and requires a lot of teamwork and communication, shame people dislike that

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #364 on: September 20, 2017, 09:39:18 am »
The Riskrunner is my go to weapon for Taken and Fallen. Get a little attack by any arc damage by those foes n you will absolutely tear  them apart. Need to get in close and get hit once or twice but the payoff is incredible. Well worth getting your teeth into on this weeks nightfall. Have done it twice and I was getting a good 40/50% more kills than the other players in my fireteam coz of Riskrunner.

Wanna do a raid at some point this week. Nearly killed the boss yesterday but couldn't quite get it over the line.

Loving the extra lil rewards from clan exploits too :D

Always up for a RAID or NF if you need one more, I just got Riskrunner too and have not used it yet, if you want to I am keen for NF tonight?

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #365 on: September 21, 2017, 01:06:10 pm »
For anyone struggling with leveling up and don't fully understand the method, powerful gear from milestones, exotics and legendary mods is the way to progress along with exotic quests. There is no need to raid at all to get over 300 power, as I have got there. Inspect your armour and weapons for mods and then infuse them to progress. Mods can drop as a reward from ranking up the gunsmith and items can drop with legendary mods already equipped from rank up rewards from vendors and engrams.

raiding and trials will obviously give you more avenues to progress

say you have 270 auto rifle with a legendary mod equipped, it's actually 265 and any auto rifle with a base level above 265 will increase its power once infused, even if say a blue auto rifle drops at 266 it's still worth infusing as every little bit helps.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 01:15:48 pm by Rattleduser »
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2017, 10:17:55 pm »
Nightfall this week is a pain in the arse, but still can complete it just haven't done it with over 5 minutes left, so no Rat King quests getting finished this week.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2017, 10:14:00 am »
Can we organise a RAID party for Sunday chaps, anyone keen?

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2017, 03:39:06 pm »
Xur has got Wardcliff Coil for sale today. Warlock gauntlets Sunbracers, Titan gauntlets Feedback Fence, and a Hunter helmet which I forget the name of. Better than last weeks choices for sure.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2017, 04:07:56 pm »
Knucklehead Radar by any chance?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2017, 05:47:17 pm »
Managed to crawl my way to 270.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2017, 07:24:13 pm »
Not sure what I am doing this Sunday Phil, but if I am free I will let you know.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: September 22, 2017, 07:46:45 pm »
Can we organise a RAID party for Sunday chaps, anyone keen?
Which platform pal?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: September 23, 2017, 02:28:31 am »
Got two so close to 300...

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #374 on: September 24, 2017, 11:08:06 am »
In D1 I always believed that it was necessary to hit max light ASAP as most of the end game activities needed it.

I think that pressure has been taken away in D2 and I'm quite happy to be at 299 (an less, for my two alts) without much of an urge to hit 300/305.

I am very interested though to see why the cap is at 350 and how we're going to get there.  Certainly there is some time-gated stuff in game that we don't know about.  Which is exciting.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
Re: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed.
« Reply #375 on: September 24, 2017, 03:28:48 pm »
Just got to 200 and have just unlocked Patrols and Strikes.  I read somewhere that Strikes are really difficult unless you voice chat with your team and work closely together.  Is this right?  Voice chat tricky for me as I tend to play when the kids are in bed which means I have to be quiet!

Also, what's the best way to start infusing your gear?  I've got a couple of exotic pieces (gauntlets and submachine gun Riskrunner) but they seem underpowered compared to the rare and legendary gear I've got.  Is it best to get these powered up or start on the already more powerful legendary gear?

Lot of questions I know!  I played D1 quite a lot and got the first season pass but never really got that far into grinding up my stuff so wanted to give it a go this time.  Up for trying the Raid when I get more powerful.
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline Disregarder

• Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #376 on: September 24, 2017, 03:29:56 pm »
Up for trying the Raid when I get more powerful.

On my day off during the week when kids not there I should add!
My 8k rig goes boom

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: September 24, 2017, 03:40:26 pm »
Just got to 200 and have just unlocked Patrols and Strikes.  I read somewhere that Strikes are really difficult unless you voice chat with your team and work closely together.  Is this right?  Voice chat tricky for me as I tend to play when the kids are in bed which means I have to be quiet!

Also, what's the best way to start infusing your gear?  I've got a couple of exotic pieces (gauntlets and submachine gun Riskrunner) but they seem underpowered compared to the rare and legendary gear I've got.  Is it best to get these powered up or start on the already more powerful legendary gear?

Lot of questions I know!  I played D1 quite a lot and got the first season pass but never really got that far into grinding up my stuff so wanted to give it a go this time.  Up for trying the Raid when I get more powerful.

Strikes are fine its the raids you need to speak to people for.  Also you will get more powerful exotics later.  I wouldn't start infusing things until you get to 265.  You waste the stuff you need to infuse otherwise
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 04:45:27 pm by macca007 »

Offline Disregarder

• Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #378 on: September 24, 2017, 04:09:56 pm »
Strikes are fine its the raids you need to speak to people for.

Cheers. Read online that strikes were more puzzle based than before rather than blasting so chat needed but glad it's not necessary as can get started on strikes without it.

Gamertag below if anyone wants to add me.
My 8k rig goes boom

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #379 on: September 24, 2017, 04:21:47 pm »
Nah... Strikes are pretty straight forward. Just shoot everything that's not in your team. At least the ones I've played were. Raid is definitely different from what I've seen on YouTube...

Offline Disregarder

• Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2017, 05:16:37 pm »
Strikes are fine its the raids you need to speak to people for.  Also you will get more powerful exotics later.  I wouldn't start infusing things until you get to 265.  You waste the stuff you need to infuse otherwise

Is there any reason not to start dismantling rare gear that's low powered. Got a ton of that.
My 8k rig goes boom

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: September 24, 2017, 10:05:54 pm »
Is there any reason not to start dismantling rare gear that's low powered. Got a ton of that.

Keep rare scout rifles for a Devrim Kay quest later on.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: September 24, 2017, 11:05:38 pm »

Nah dismantle away but don't infuse. If you find a legendary weapon you like wait until 265 to start infusing it.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: September 25, 2017, 02:17:22 pm »
nothing meaningful to grind for in this, never felt powerful and End Game loot and content is uninspiring. Hope the faction things are interesting.

it's a candy crush game to pass the time
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:35:54 pm by Rattleduser »

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: September 25, 2017, 07:52:45 pm »
End Game loot and content is uninspiring.

I have not done nightfall or raid so I can't comment on that, but if that's all there is to do one you are over 280 gearscore then I can see it getting boring very quick and can't see how the 1st kept so many players hooked. 

Loot system seems very poor and unless I'm missing something there isn't gearsets or anything.

When I was playing WoW alot and the division alot there was loads of us always playing so the social side was as much if not better than the actual game, maybe that's what's missing for me as well.

Still decent enough though.
choose Life.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: September 25, 2017, 08:16:48 pm »
The first had a great raid with great loot from it. All I hear about this one is the loot system for it is really bad and there's nothing standout that drops from it.

Fatebringer was super satisfying and Vision of Confluence was practically an exotic. Haven't heard anyone clamoring for anything from Leviathan.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: September 25, 2017, 08:44:53 pm »
The rocket launcher's pretty tasty!

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: September 25, 2017, 08:46:12 pm »
We haven't had the prestige raid come out yet, so the better weapons haven't been released from the raid I don't think. All I have seen or heard of so far is a pulse rifle, an auto rifle and a rocket launcher.
Not seen or heard of hand cannon, scout rifle, sniper, shotgun, sidearm, grenade launcher, fusion rifle, submachine gun or sword yet.
So got A LOT of these weapons to come yet before I see it as a wash out raid. Can't wait for the factions stuff to begin tomorrow though.

FWC for the win.

F*@k Dead Orbit emos

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: September 25, 2017, 09:06:39 pm »
has to be dead orbit that scout is the best weapon on offer. will pick a different faction for each character, so I don't give a shit which faction is most popular

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: September 25, 2017, 10:45:27 pm »
Always been a FWC man, but did have different characters on different factions at the begininning. Once I had all the exotics from year 2 onwards I just stayed with FWC afterwards.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: September 26, 2017, 01:34:54 am »
The game has been gutted of content and being sold back to us AGAIN. The sequel we needed was as much content as we were left with at the end of Destiny. fuck all strikes with no reason to play them and limited pvp modes and maps,  best gun in pvp is the mida ffs. Limited choices in armour stats and character set up. power level doesn't matter. Lively planets and and a few loot caves is not enough of a step forward.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: September 26, 2017, 05:04:41 am »
The game has been gutted of content and being sold back to us AGAIN. The sequel we needed was as much content as we were left with at the end of Destiny. fuck all strikes with no reason to play them and limited pvp modes and maps,  best gun in pvp is the mida ffs. Limited choices in armour stats and character set up. power level doesn't matter. Lively planets and and a few loot caves is not enough of a step forward.
After a couple of weeks I'm inclined to agree with you, dumb ass move also to not go the conventional MMO route and include the locations in previous titles, watch a review on YouTube by a guy called Skill Up, he gives it in a  good in depth style, it's 51 minutes long but it's worth a watch, even though I think it's a good game I found myself nodding in agreement with his critiques of the game, annoyed they've gutted it (again) only to drip feed it to us through DLC and updates, couple of people on my friends list have went back to D1 as they're bored already. 

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #392 on: September 26, 2017, 09:25:09 am »

Sad to say I totally agree. Had concerns and didn't pre-order D2 despite there barely being a day I didn't play D1 from year 1. Picked it up after release, gave it a go and got £35 from CEX for it yesterday. A real disappointment to see so few of the improvements D1 made carried forward.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: September 26, 2017, 10:52:18 am »
Aye just feels like it's been reset to zero and told off you go again. Pretty much just a reskin on the time sink that was destiny 1

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #394 on: September 26, 2017, 03:38:44 pm »
Happy to Raid this Sunday afternoon/eve if people are keen, apologies I didn't say before but I am on PS4

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #395 on: September 26, 2017, 04:15:22 pm »

Honestly loved playing crucible in Destiny 1. Don't get the same enjoyment from crucible from D2. Only see myself playing it to complete crucible challenges.  :-\

Miss the hand cannons from destiny like The Last Word and Thorn and my fav rocket launcher Truth. Those weapons were unique in sound, design, feel etc.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: September 26, 2017, 04:24:44 pm »
Honestly loved playing crucible in Destiny 1. Don't get the same enjoyment from crucible from D2. Only see myself playing it to complete crucible challenges.  :-\

Miss the hand cannons from destiny like The Last Word and Thorn and my fav rocket launcher Truth. Those weapons were unique in sound, design, feel etc.
I found the PvP in Destiny 1 went downhill when they released The Taken King, they definitely changed more than just nerfing certain guns and it just hasn't been the same since!

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #397 on: September 26, 2017, 04:32:57 pm »
I found the PvP in Destiny 1 went downhill when they released The Taken King, they definitely changed more than just nerfing certain guns and it just hasn't been the same since!

Yeah towards the end it got bad. But it was great around the Crota expansion.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #398 on: September 26, 2017, 09:41:29 pm »
Finally got to 280.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: September 27, 2017, 07:48:45 am »
I gotta say, the amount of exotics I have now is insane. I think I am only missing three. 2 snipers, D.A.R.C.i, Borealis, and Hardlight. Lol hardlight was the 1 weapon it took me ages to get in vanilla D1 too so I bet it will be the last one I end up with on here too. :D

I think they may have made it too easy to get exotics personally but it is what it is.