Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4130453 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #61720 on: December 27, 2019, 03:26:17 pm »
Usyk and Parker are 1 and 2 with the WBO so that’s a potential fight for the vacant title. Would also mean Eddie keeps the belts under Matchroom if Joshua takes the IBF mandatory and fights Pulev next.

Usyk v Chisora is in talks already. Sells more tickets than Usyk v Parker.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61721 on: December 27, 2019, 04:18:33 pm »
What the Michelin Man said is correct.  ;D More likely Chisra v Usyk at the O2 probably.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61722 on: December 27, 2019, 05:53:09 pm »
Fury v Wilder 2 confirmed for February 22nd in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.  :D ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61723 on: December 27, 2019, 07:45:38 pm »
Wilder will send him into outer space when they meet

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61724 on: December 27, 2019, 08:04:12 pm »
But Fury will come back from the trip.  :D

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #61725 on: December 27, 2019, 09:13:53 pm »
Usyk v Chisora is in talks already. Sells more tickets than Usyk v Parker.
I'd expect Usyk to pummel Chisora to be honest.

After losing the first 10 rounds.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61726 on: December 27, 2019, 10:50:22 pm »

Fury's got a head like a stegasaurus. I think he might do it.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61727 on: December 27, 2019, 11:56:19 pm »
Wilder is far too reliant on his right, biggest one-trick pony in boxing. Fury takes it on points but gets baptized atleast once like he was last time.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61728 on: December 28, 2019, 08:49:50 am »
Fury the one that backed out of immediate rematch. He might be more match fit but he is also older and he didn't look that elusive facing the last Latvian he fought. Wilder is what he is, crude and sloppy but we know he has nuclear power in that right and he will catch Fury. I suspect him to be a good stone, stone and a half heavier (wtf he playing at coming in 212lbs the last time) and to use the extra weight to his advantage

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61729 on: December 28, 2019, 11:00:03 am »
Fury the one that backed out of immediate rematch. He might be more match fit but he is also older and he didn't look that elusive facing the last Latvian he fought. Wilder is what he is, crude and sloppy but we know he has nuclear power in that right and he will catch Fury. I suspect him to be a good stone, stone and a half heavier (wtf he playing at coming in 212lbs the last time) and to use the extra weight to his advantage

I think Wilder loses every round but you're right that he's got that cheat code and he'll get to use it at least once. But Fury has taken it and got back up again, twice. When he was out of shape and out of practice.

If you can survive that nuclear right hand when it lands then I don't think Wilder has got anything else up hus sleeve.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61730 on: December 28, 2019, 11:13:34 am »
I think Wilder loses every round but you're right that he's got that cheat code and he'll get to use it at least once. But Fury has taken it and got back up again, twice. When he was out of shape and out of practice.

If you can survive that nuclear right hand when it lands then I don't think Wilder has got anything else up hus sleeve.

He has nothing outside of that right. It's crazy, He should develop more weapons but I guess at this stage he is what he is.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61731 on: December 28, 2019, 11:28:12 am »
He has nothing outside of that right. It's crazy, He should develop more weapons but I guess at this stage he is what he is.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61732 on: December 28, 2019, 11:42:08 am »
They're lucky the rematch is in Vegas because even the first fight didn't sell out and the PPV numbers for arguably the biggest Heavyweight fight at the time was crap.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61733 on: December 28, 2019, 04:05:11 pm »
The man himself is an utter weapon!

Meanwhile, I still believe Fury is mythologised by many. He is a very good boxer for a HW but his CV as it were is very bare barring Wlad and a draw with Captain Windmill. I suppose beating Bell Boy twice counts a little.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61734 on: December 28, 2019, 04:14:15 pm »
The longer Fury was "retired" the better his legacy grew.  :D ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61735 on: December 28, 2019, 04:21:47 pm »
He was a giant version of Willie Pep by the time he returned!

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61736 on: December 29, 2019, 03:11:20 am »

Fury is 3 years younger than Wilder.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61737 on: December 29, 2019, 07:18:38 am »
Fury is 3 years younger than Wilder.

I know. I mean he himself is older than when they first fought, i know that is being Captain Obvious but Fury's style with the excessive use of feet is not one that ages well. Yo could rightly argue its only 15 months but considering the abuse he has put his body through with the PEDs and the excessive weight loss, those 15 months will be more significant to  him then they would be for Wilder IMO.

Sacking his trainer also not too much of a good look either

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61738 on: December 29, 2019, 07:20:12 am »

Also, probably the most well regarded drug cheat in boxing. You could almost forget that he took them. Even with Canelo people online have been calling him Clenelo but with Fury, nothing

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61739 on: December 29, 2019, 10:18:45 am »

I think hiring that guy in the first place was a crazy move. He just wanted a yes man who would let hin do what he wanted. Sacking him for someone who can plot their way through 12 rounds for him makes sense.

I'd rather he was back with his uncle though.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61740 on: December 29, 2019, 10:33:08 am »
Wilder against Ortiz is KO of the year lads? Or is it Canelo against Kovalev?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61741 on: December 29, 2019, 10:48:00 am »
I think hiring that guy in the first place was a crazy move. He just wanted a yes man who would let hin do what he wanted. Sacking him for someone who can plot their way through 12 rounds for him makes sense.

I'd rather he was back with his uncle though.

That ship has long  since sailed unfortunately

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61742 on: December 29, 2019, 10:48:49 am »

For drama probably but for brutality I prefer his one v Brezeale and Chisora v Spitza

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61743 on: December 29, 2019, 10:52:14 am »
Yeah forgot about the Brezeale one.  :D But I think the Ortiz one takes it for me. He lost all 6 rounds in the fight against a dangerous fighter and he got it done. Yes he fought a pensioner but that pensioner is skillful compared to some of the rest.  ;D :D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61744 on: December 29, 2019, 11:01:51 am »
Yeah forgot about the Brezeale one.  :D But I think the Ortiz one takes it for me. He lost all 6 rounds in the fight against a dangerous fighter and he got it done. Yes he fought a pensioner but that pensioner is skillful compared to some of the rest.  ;D :D

I hear that, I was seeing him get schooled and was moaning at the screen, why take this fight etc etc and then bam. Guy was on floor

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61745 on: December 29, 2019, 11:30:54 am »

It might be KO of the decade to be honest.  He landed one punch all night and it sent Grandpa into outer space.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #61746 on: December 29, 2019, 11:53:49 am »
Just read that Badou Jack lost to Jean Pascal last night on a split decision, anyone here seen the fight?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61747 on: December 29, 2019, 11:57:33 am »
No mate but did read comments, Pascal was dropped too I beelive. Must've been a shitter than usual Badou Jack.  :D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61748 on: December 29, 2019, 12:06:02 pm »
Didn't see the fight but apparently it was another shit job from the judges and even Mayweather kept saying "what the fuck?" at ringside.

Gervonta Davis was also in action last night, KO'ed Yuriorkis Gamboa.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #61749 on: December 29, 2019, 03:39:27 pm »
I know. I mean he himself is older than when they first fought, i know that is being Captain Obvious but Fury's style with the excessive use of feet is not one that ages well. Yo could rightly argue its only 15 months but considering the abuse he has put his body through with the PEDs and the excessive weight loss, those 15 months will be more significant to  him then they would be for Wilder IMO.

He's brought in Andy Lee and they are going back to a gym they both trained at(will it be the kronk?), and it sounds like they want him to go for the KO. Think it really adds intrigue to the fight.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61750 on: December 29, 2019, 10:49:36 pm »
He's brought in Andy Lee and they are going back to a gym they both trained at(will it be the kronk?), and it sounds like they want him to go for the KO. Think it really adds intrigue to the fight.

Not sure Andy Lee is exactly the style I'd want to emulate if I was going to fight Wilder ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61751 on: December 30, 2019, 02:52:10 pm »
Warren has lost the plot today. Saying that AJ should give up all his belts (so no mandatory fight or warm up fight) and wait for the winner of Fury vs Wilder 2, even though last week he said they've already done a deal for Wilder vs Fury 3 for the end of 2020.  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61752 on: December 31, 2019, 11:25:58 am »
Ring Magazine Fighter of the Year is Canelo Alvarez

and

Fighter of the Decade hasn't been announced yet but pretty much everyone is saying it will be Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61753 on: December 31, 2019, 11:40:12 am »
Ring Magazine Fighter of the Year is Canelo Alvarez

and

Fighter of the Decade hasn't been announced yet but pretty much everyone is saying it will be Floyd Mayweather Jr.

No one really stands out this year, so GBP were always going to give it to their cash cow.  Maybe Naoya Inoue, but a Japanese bantamweight is never going to win it.

Hard to argue against Floyd for the decade either, even though he was semi retired for half of it.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61754 on: December 31, 2019, 11:43:02 am »
Yeah mate got to give the rewards to the fatties.  :D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61755 on: December 31, 2019, 11:50:03 am »
Some good candidates for 'fattest bastard of the decade' now I think of it.  My man James Toney had 7 fights, there's obviously Andy Ruiz this year, and there was that business with Tyson fury sending his Mrs out for a multipack of kitkats.

I give it to Chavez Jr though.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61756 on: December 31, 2019, 11:51:24 am »
Aye good ones.  ;D

Who was the fatty who came in over 2 stones over the limit for a Lightweight contest?  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61757 on: December 31, 2019, 11:58:29 am »
Oh man I must have missed that ;D

Shawn Porter had to shave his head to make weight earlier in the year which was good.  Paul Smith missed weight by a fair amount as well from memory.  Can't remember anyone beating 2 stone though ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61758 on: January 3, 2020, 05:43:57 pm »
The official poster for Fury vs Wilder 2. You can tell its the Christmas period as this is the most basic Wordart level poster. They got a fuckin' apprentice to do this shit.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61759 on: January 3, 2020, 05:59:05 pm »
At least they've not used comic sans ;D