Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2767376 times)

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #64920 on: August 5, 2022, 04:59:21 pm »
Who's on Hard Knocks this year?

Lions.  Dan Campbell should be fun.
King Kenny.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64921 on: August 5, 2022, 06:41:43 pm »
I take it not one of them blizzards you get in Boston given the location and time of year? ;D

Can't wait till it is blizzard time,something special about football in the snow.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #64922 on: August 5, 2022, 07:08:49 pm »

Can't wait till it is blizzard time,something special about football in the snow.
Not if you're a Raider   :no :no It WaS a FuMbLe :butt :butt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64923 on: August 5, 2022, 07:47:09 pm »
Not if you're a Raider   :no :no It WaS a FuMbLe :butt :butt

In the words of Grange hill,Flippin 'eck Tucker!

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64924 on: August 5, 2022, 07:52:41 pm »
Mods Help!!! Delete This!!!

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #64925 on: August 5, 2022, 07:56:02 pm »
snow games are a laugh for about 10 minutes then you realise it's just crap because nobody can do anything properly.

games where it's snowing a bit but not really enough to affect the game? and where you can see the players' breath? yeah they're a good visual.

bonus points if there's a player like mac jones getting mesmerised by his own breath

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64926 on: August 5, 2022, 07:58:55 pm »
Butt fumble wasn't in the snow was it? I think it was just cold that day... 

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64927 on: August 5, 2022, 08:56:22 pm »
Butt fumble wasn't in the snow was it? I think it was just cold that day...

T'was Thanksgiving day back in 2012,no snow,even has it's own wiki page!

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64928 on: August 6, 2022, 07:28:51 pm »
Nice HoF speech from Seymour there, at the end saying "Once a Raider...".

...and yes. That fookin' draw has me looking up HoF speeches and waiting on MLB games to start so I can take me mind off     :no :no :butt

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #64929 on: August 8, 2022, 01:38:35 pm »

Bud Grant is 95, and Marv Levy is 97. I guess the payoff for great Super Bowl disappointment is great longevity.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64930 on: August 8, 2022, 05:08:05 pm »
Giants coming to  Foxborough Thursday night. At least the heatwave will have broken by then.

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64931 on: August 9, 2022, 03:45:48 pm »
Mekhi Becton could have a patella injury.  Another year, another disappointment for Becton.  Jets will need to make a move at RT now.

Bears LB Roquan Smith requesting a trade after contract negotiations stalled; some strong words from him:  "New front office regime doesn't value me here.  They've refused to negotiate in good faith.  Every step of this journey has been 'take it or leave it.' The deal sent to me is one that would be bad for myself, and for the entire LB market if I signed it."
King Kenny.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #64932 on: August 9, 2022, 04:21:28 pm »
fuck knows what the bears brain trust are doing. but stephen ross would probably approve.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64933 on: August 11, 2022, 04:26:03 am »
Does anybody have any links to the latest Hard Knocks?

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #64934 on: August 11, 2022, 08:07:57 am »
Depends where in the world you are

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #64935 on: August 11, 2022, 11:55:06 am »
Does anybody have any links to the latest Hard Knocks?

For those in the UK it, on sky sports action 10pm tonight, it's on, on the NFL gamepass depending where in the world you are.

There is an in season Hard Knocks, this year they're with the Arizona Cardinals, & we get to see Kyler Murry studying independently  ;) [yes, i do know the clause has since been written out of Murray's contract].
#Sausages

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64936 on: August 11, 2022, 12:17:54 pm »
For those in the UK it, on sky sports action 10pm tonight, it's on, on the NFL gamepass depending where in the world you are.

There is an in season Hard Knocks, this year they're with the Arizona Cardinals, & we get to see Kyler Murry studying independently  ;) [yes, i do know the clause has since been written out of Murray's contract].
I'm guessing the Cardinals added a clause to make sure they stop recording 4 weeks before the end of the season, to avoid their annual fall off a cliff

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #64937 on: August 11, 2022, 12:30:49 pm »
I'm guessing the Cardinals added a clause to make sure they stop recording 4 weeks before the end of the season, to avoid their annual fall off a cliff

;D
#Sausages

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #64938 on: August 11, 2022, 12:39:50 pm »
It would be such a meme if Arizona were 3-8 this year before going on a six-game run, then missing the playoffs on countback ;D
Linudden.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #64939 on: August 11, 2022, 12:51:24 pm »

kingsbury's record for doing that is properly weird. it happens to his teams every single season without fail.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #64940 on: August 11, 2022, 01:23:54 pm »
I'll my annual predictions later this month but has there ever in recent memory been an easier conference for a team to navigate to the Super Bowl than the Rams in the NFC this season? Teams in their own division are either a mess (Seattle, Arizona) or have a rookie QB who I don't think is that good (49ers). Looking around the NFC. Packers without Devante won't be the same and Bucs aren't the same team as a year ago let alone two years ago. Cowboys are a joke as are the rest of the NFC Least. So it's easy pickings for the Rams in the NFC it looks like. Though I do think that the Vikings are a dark horse to win their division and make a strong play-off run but with Cousins at QB they'll always be limited somewhat. Like 49ers with Garappolo.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #64941 on: August 11, 2022, 01:59:05 pm »
The Rams should go to the Super Bowl but I think they'd get wrecked by the AFC team. Winning two in a row is difficult enough, but the AFC pass rushes are something else this season versus hit and miss Stafford and a fragile O-line.

Buffalo are my pick to win the whole thing this year. They probably need to as well, given that Von Miller will likely decline as his contract goes on.
Linudden.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #64942 on: August 11, 2022, 02:24:57 pm »
the issue with the rams is the same issue they've had for the past few years in that they're top heavy. it hasn't been a problem (good on their physio etc teams) but a couple of injuries and they're playing 7th rounders in important positions.

I find that making predictions about the nfl is largely a fool's errand, however my not going out on a limb at all pick for "worst to first" is the ravens.

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #64943 on: August 11, 2022, 04:50:17 pm »
Pats RB James White has retired. Leaves a big hole in the roster. One of the most underrated players in the league.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #64944 on: August 11, 2022, 04:56:17 pm »
Big-game player and an ace character to have in a team going for Super Bowls. Was a bit surprised that his stats looked so average considering how much he shone in those big moments (28-3 etc).
Linudden.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #64945 on: August 12, 2022, 06:06:54 am »
Chargers have an excellent squad and adding mack gives them some much need experience on the defensive side. I think it will be the Bill and chargers fighting it out for the AFC championship

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #64946 on: August 12, 2022, 08:36:36 am »
Chargers have an excellent squad and adding mack gives them some much need experience on the defensive side. I think it will be the Bill and chargers fighting it out for the AFC championship

The pundits love the Chargers every year, and every year it`s the same story.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64947 on: August 12, 2022, 09:43:23 am »
Aye indeed, always the same. Can't believe they went for it last season... just run the clock out!!

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #64948 on: August 12, 2022, 10:07:55 am »
I seem to remember that the chargers couldn't stop the run to save their lives last season. if they've figured that out then they should improve.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64949 on: August 12, 2022, 11:15:10 am »
. Though I do think that the Vikings are a dark horse to win their division and make a strong play-off run but with Cousins at QB they'll always be limited somewhat. Like 49ers with Garappolo.
I’m relatively new to the sport but would you care to elaborate on Cousins? He’s looked decent, to my untrained eye, the last two seasons and his QB rating is definitely good.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #64950 on: August 12, 2022, 11:16:54 am »
I'll my annual predictions later this month but has there ever in recent memory been an easier conference for a team to navigate to the Super Bowl than the Rams in the NFC this season? Teams in their own division are either a mess (Seattle, Arizona) or have a rookie QB who I don't think is that good (49ers). Looking around the NFC. Packers without Devante won't be the same and Bucs aren't the same team as a year ago let alone two years ago. Cowboys are a joke as are the rest of the NFC Least. So it's easy pickings for the Rams in the NFC it looks like. Though I do think that the Vikings are a dark horse to win their division and make a strong play-off run but with Cousins at QB they'll always be limited somewhat. Like 49ers with Garappolo.

NFC Least are a joke but still put 2 teams into the playoffs last year and I think will repeat again (but likely the otehr way around with Eagles winning the conf and Cowboys scraping a WC slot) The question isn't how shit they are, it's if they can put something together in the knockout rounds.

Won't be the Cowboys though, if I'm honest.  :(
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #64951 on: August 12, 2022, 01:02:31 pm »
I’m relatively new to the sport but would you care to elaborate on Cousins? He’s looked decent, to my untrained eye, the last two seasons and his QB rating is definitely good.
Give him good protection and he’s pretty good. Under pressure, much less so. He should benefit from a more expansive passing scheme this season.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #64952 on: August 12, 2022, 01:58:07 pm »
Give him good protection and he’s pretty good. Under pressure, much less so. He should benefit from a more expansive passing scheme this season.

Exactly this. Through his career Cousins under pressure hasn't been very good so when it counts he usually goes missing. But the Vikings have some real offence power in their WRs so I think they can be a dark horse.

As for the Chargers in what the other poster said - yes they have improved their team but so has the Broncos, Raiders and to a lesser extent the Chiefs who as long as they have Mahomes will always be challenging to win the division at least. So their competition is tough. I actually think the Raiders not the Chargers are the dark horse to get a play-off spot from that division.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64953 on: August 15, 2022, 10:16:00 pm »
'kinell I can't wait for this season to start, the way footy's going at the moment   :-X

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64954 on: August 15, 2022, 10:17:21 pm »
'kinell I can't wait for this season to start, the way footy's going at the moment   :-X

Yep thank fuck Sunday's are about to be great again

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64955 on: August 15, 2022, 10:31:01 pm »
Yep thank fuck Sunday's are about to be great again
The more we sputter, I'm more I find myself becoming a connoisseur of other sports.

Another draw or *shudder* a loss to the Mancs and I'll be up for skeet shooting ;D

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #64956 on: August 17, 2022, 02:02:43 pm »
NFL show moving to ITV - Osi and Jason Bell still doing it.

Says it'll be on a Friday night - which seems odd. I used to love watching the BBC show on the train via iplayer on like a Wednesday
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #64957 on: August 17, 2022, 02:23:12 pm »
NFL show moving to ITV - Osi and Jason Bell still doing it.

Says it'll be on a Friday night - which seems odd. I used to love watching the BBC show on the train via iplayer on like a Wednesday
Just read that - with Laura Woods, who seems to be the go-to presenter increasingly.

I’d assumed that Jason Bell would make the switch to Sky full-time after last season’s appearances. Of course he still might. I wonder if Reinebold’s new job means we won’t see him on Sky this season?

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #64958 on: August 17, 2022, 02:53:00 pm »
Reinebold will be on when the CFB season ends. So his appearance on sky will be about the same point in the season as usual.

Friday night is a wank night for that show, not that I'll see it. Waiting almost a week for highlights (with ads) is like a step back to the 80s.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #64959 on: August 17, 2022, 03:06:59 pm »
They should do weekly Friday Night Football games. I see a much bigger market potential than that over Thursday and Monday.
Linudden.