Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2748961 times)

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay calm, all is well!
Re: The NFL Thread...
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2005, 10:16:41 pm »

hey ny long time no talk? so much for the superbowl eh????

aye, sorry, been real busy with work, and hiding in horror after watching the first two weeks from Green Bay...  We're a football team in crisis right now, no defense, no offense, no head coach... It looks like the organization is pushing the legend to retirement...

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2005, 11:01:24 pm »
aye, sorry, been real busy with work, and hiding in horror after watching the first two weeks from Green Bay...  We're a football team in crisis right now, no defense, no offense, no head coach... It looks like the organization is pushing the legend to retirement...

did tell you i thought would defenitly be last year one way or other, kinda sad really like marino's last game. green is a great rb when he holds the ball could help you out, if you can not get too far behind that is.

time difference aint helping now. hope you got your job after all with D.E.A.; and more importantly that your still makin trip to 11th st! ;D

missing ny myself here :(
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Tam

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2005, 03:56:29 pm »
Dissapointed in the Cowboys losing out to the Redskins.

Should be a crime to have 2 touchdowns scored against you in the last quarter!
We Are The Champions!
Of Who?
Champions Of Europe!
Of Where?
Champions Of Europe!
Oh Right

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2005, 11:52:04 pm »
Well, my Packers are down, but god bless the NFC North, not out yet...

Pack were unfortunate not to win on Sunday, shit call by the refs on a Griese fumble, and Ryan Longwell missing a FG, AND an extra point!? JESUS....  Where on earth has our running game went, oh yea, with Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle to Dallas.... :butt

I still love you Brett...

Offline NewHampshire_Exile

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2005, 11:54:52 pm »
and the pats go marching on.

Injuries in the defense?

well it was only the steelers and the hottest QB in the league they were playing :d

come on pats!

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2005, 12:10:38 am »
Jets lost in OT :( Gutted but I hear we looked a hell of a lot better and that can only be good.

Where did the Colts mega offence go ? Wy have they now got the best defence in the league ?

Madness!
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline Another-kop-hero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2005, 12:23:00 am »
Oh jeez this is diabolical havnt had chance to catch much of the action so just had a quick look on the raiders site at the table and results 3 games in a row lost  :o shocking truly shocking any one catch the second two games? what were we like?

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2005, 01:02:24 am »
Well, my Packers are down, but god bless the NFC North, not out yet...

Pack were unfortunate not to win on Sunday, shit call by the refs on a Griese fumble, and Ryan Longwell missing a FG, AND an extra point!? JESUS....  Where on earth has our running game went, oh yea, with Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle to Dallas.... :butt

I still love you Brett...
Maybe it's time to stick a fork in the Packers, mate. Tell me the last time they were a 3 1/2 point home underdog.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2005, 01:12:12 am »
Oh jeez this is diabolical havnt had chance to catch much of the action so just had a quick look on the raiders site at the table and results 3 games in a row lost  :o shocking truly shocking any one catch the second two games? what were we like?
Oakland gave New England a good game in the opener but got beat by the champs. Their own home opener a week later against KC was a disappointing 23-17 loss. Yesterday they gave Philly a tough battle before getting beat at the death. They weren't going anywhere anyway!

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2005, 01:18:56 am »
Maybe it's time to stick a fork in the Packers, mate. Tell me the last time they were a 3 1/2 point home underdog.

well now, we're due for a win, and we should have won on Sunday...

as a matter of fact, out of their last 109 games at home, the packers have been Favorites in 106... telling stat isn't it...  Never said we weren't on our way down haha...

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2005, 02:32:04 am »
i was at my local for the pats steelers game.so theres a table of about 8 americans,doing that  woo,yeah thing they do for 3 quarters,then they all up and leave!?it was a close game can someone explain this?would it ever happen with real football.been in boston 11 years and they still confuse me. ???

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2005, 06:38:29 am »
Penny is out for the season at least for the Jets: same injury as last year. Looks like the end of his career.

His backup Fiedler (I think that's his name) lasted 6 plays! Season ending injury also.

Brooks Bollinger is stepping up to be No. 1. The Jets can't get anything on offence and are relying on D and Special Teams to work some magic for them. Fumble from punt returner led to game winning TD for Jacksonville on the weekend. They (the Jets) will be lucky to get further wins this season.

Australian Ben Graham has punted beautifully this season in his debut year. Longest punt 58 yards, net average around 42-43 yards. Has done very well and got the Jets out of a couple of tight situations.

Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Another-kop-hero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2005, 08:33:05 am »
Oakland gave New England a good game in the opener but got beat by the champs. Their own home opener a week later against KC was a disappointing 23-17 loss. Yesterday they gave Philly a tough battle before getting beat at the death. They weren't going anywhere anyway!

;D saw the game against philly on one of the late night NFL shows over here there ment to be recruting this lad from london as he was on the sho he had been traning in pre-season with them but not sure if he is goner be signed

Offline rasher

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2005, 02:42:10 pm »
Penny is out for the season at least for the Jets: same injury as last year. Looks like the end of his career.

His backup Fiedler (I think that's his name) lasted 6 plays! Season ending injury also.

Brooks Bollinger is stepping up to be No. 1. The Jets can't get anything on offence and are relying on D and Special Teams to work some magic for them. Fumble from punt returner led to game winning TD for Jacksonville on the weekend. They (the Jets) will be lucky to get further wins this season.

Australian Ben Graham has punted beautifully this season in his debut year. Longest punt 58 yards, net average around 42-43 yards. Has done very well and got the Jets out of a couple of tight situations.

the jets are worse than last year even before pennington went off injured. they are too predictable. Still it means i'll be getting free tickets to see them play home games from now on.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2005, 03:02:01 pm »

the jets are worse than last year even before pennington went off injured. they are too predictable. Still it means i'll be getting free tickets to see them play home games from now on.

but yet the fins still managed to lose to them last week.

what a great victory over the panthers though, "run ronnie run" is the new chant de jour and mighty nick saban has come to rescue the dolphins from last years embarrassment.

still it could've been worse we could've thought we could win last year like some packer fans!! (low blow sorry!)

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline rasher

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2005, 03:10:00 pm »

what a great victory over the panthers though, "run ronnie run" is the new chant de jour and mighty nick saban has come to rescue the dolphins from last years embarrassment.

still it could've been worse we could've thought we could win last year like some packer fans!! (low blow sorry!)

yeah i guess we know where we stand with the jets now. Any kind of convincing win would be a huge bonus but in reality i'm not expecting them to do much really.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2005, 10:40:13 pm »
Shit. Pennington is out for the season again.  Will I ever see this kid play a full season and take the Jets to the playoffs?  This kid is good, I'm telling you....

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2005, 10:48:26 pm »
Shit. Pennington is out for the season again.  Will I ever see this kid play a full season and take the Jets to the playoffs?  This kid is good, I'm telling you....

we'll believe it when we see it :D saw him preseason wasn't looking too great then even!

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2005, 10:49:14 pm »

he throws like a Mary, overrated... And no, his career is done I bet....

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2005, 10:50:11 pm »

laugh it up now, we've still got a chance...

low blow indeed.... haha

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2005, 11:02:23 pm »
Pennington's problem is that he's always had a weak throwing arm which is why he went so late in the draft. This guy can't break a pane of glass even though he helped get them to the AFC title game a few years ago. Since then he's been dogged by injury but the one injury he couldn't afford to have was anything shoulder-related. This will be his second such surgery and I'm not optimistic regarding his chances of making it back to 100% although I hope he does because he's a pretty classy guy. Lots of people think he's still a kid   .   .   he's 29.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 2, 2005, 12:13:27 am »
laugh it up now, we've still got a chance...

low blow indeed.... haha

your gonna keep believin that aren't you. to b e honest don't hold much hope after we slightly embarrassed carolina and its running game last week and you didn't do much to stop cadillac.

still sticking with chiefs for my shout for the year defense playing well and we know offense can score the points.

sadly for some reason we get bungels and texans followed by the oh so screwed jets at baltimore this week even though plenty of good games.

have to agree bout penny's arm he's never shown to be strongest type and at that age you gotta worry bout fulfilling the potential.
lets go vinny i say!!

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #182 on: October 2, 2005, 12:25:24 am »
Were screwed but I still love 'em

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 2, 2005, 02:10:22 am »

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Below is Ben Graham's column in an Australian newspaper; he's playing for the Jets this season. Doesn't say too much, but interesting nevertheless:

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news/afl/caught-up-in-nfl-emotion/2005/10/01/1127804696804.html
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 3, 2005, 12:28:07 am »

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

good god i'm looking forward to playing them again after that performance.

on the plus side i picked 8 teams to win, had 5 team acc on them and they all won, few quid for myself after barca let me down yesterday.

eagles looking very dangerous and manning bros trying to outdo each other could be scary!!

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 3, 2005, 12:31:40 am »

on the plus side i picked 8 teams to win, had 5 team acc on them and they all won, few quid for myself after barca let me down yesterday.

very nice, very nice my friend...

take a look at that beautiful NFC North table.... A win tomorrow night and the Pack are right back in the hunt!

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 3, 2005, 12:34:06 am »
very nice, very nice my friend...

take a look at that beautiful NFC North table.... A win tomorrow night and the Pack are right back in the hunt!

yeah i think i'll be putting all my winnings on them............eh maybe not! least some optimism remains and it is a shockingly poor division.

just look at the afc east though, don't even play and we get better! now just gotta take care of those bills.

(slight aside but hope you visted the 11st picnic i heard they took up my game of footy idea!)

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 3, 2005, 12:36:49 am »
yeah i think i'll be putting all my winnings on them.........

(slight aside but hope you visted the 11st picnic i heard they took up my game of footy idea!)

DO IT! Don't bet against Brett! haha nah, I dunno, its one of those games that I really wouldn't be surprised if the Packers did win...

unfortunately, couldn't make it into the pub today, had to tape the match on Pay Per View as I had a footie match of my own this morning...Faired a bit better than 'pool thankfully...3-1 victory, needless to say, coming home to watch the tape of the reds match ruined my weekend...

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 3, 2005, 12:42:50 am »
DO IT! Don't bet against Brett! haha nah, I dunno, its one of those games that I really wouldn't be surprised if the Packers did win...

unfortunately, couldn't make it into the pub today, had to tape the match on Pay Per View as I had a footie match of my own this morning...Faired a bit better than 'pool thankfully...3-1 victory, needless to say, coming home to watch the tape of the reds match ruined my weekend...

hardly surprising ruined my day too, except for the minor winnings of course. glad to here the "soccer" going well!

to be honest have sneaky feeling he might do the job tomorrow they've been seriously pillared lately and he always loves the mnf games to show he still has it. or else you'll just get run over because you can't stop the run! i'll almost be cheering for you, except its on at 2am and i don't get that channel but still...

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 3, 2005, 12:45:50 am »
haha, there in spirits eh...

I really think they are due, they (although I am biased but even the press over here said the same) should have won last week, bad call by the officials cost them a TD at a key point in the game, and a fluke missed Extra Point and a missed FG from Ryan Longwell...

Brett will have his usual 2/3 INTS and 3 TDs tomorrow night in a high scoring affair I think...

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 3, 2005, 12:49:21 am »
haha, there in spirits eh...

I really think they are due, they (although I am biased but even the press over here said the same) should have won last week, bad call by the officials cost them a TD at a key point in the game, and a fluke missed Extra Point and a missed FG from Ryan Longwell...

Brett will have his usual 2/3 INTS and 3 TDs tomorrow night in a high scoring affair I think...

carolina d will be up against it after we put so many points on the board against them so dunno bout how high-scoring.

problem is can your d stop them from getting too far ahead for a favre 4th quarter mnf special comeback??

green gotta run and hold onto the ball for you too. i'll keep my fingers crossed and expect a full match report for me when i wake up shortly after its over tuesday morning. go pak go! goodnight its well past my bed time  :wave

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 3, 2005, 12:51:10 am »
take it easy, the cheese heads will be out in full force tomorrow night!

Offline Another-kop-hero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #192 on: October 3, 2005, 12:57:30 am »
Yey the raiders finaly notched up there first victory  ;D did any one catch this match? read the game report but prefer to see the game probably goner see the highlights tomorrow but would rather have the opinion of some one who knows more than i do.

Superbowl here we come ;D

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Bob Paisley 10 years gone but not forgotten
« Reply #193 on: October 3, 2005, 07:43:58 am »
All I know is Cincinatti won 4 in a row, come o Bengals, pity they arnt the Bears
never forget the 96....... justice   www.contrast.org/hillsborough

NO GAME ON APRIL THE 15th please write to

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 3, 2005, 09:18:26 am »
Yey the raiders finaly notched up there first victory  ;D did any one catch this match? read the game report but prefer to see the game probably goner see the highlights tomorrow but would rather have the opinion of some one who knows more than i do.

Superbowl here we come ;D

eh no chance! raiders had a 4th down stand on own 5 yard line 1:40 left on clock to hold on for victory, and win me some money :D

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Another-kop-hero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #195 on: October 3, 2005, 10:00:35 am »
eh no chance! raiders had a 4th down stand on own 5 yard line 1:40 left on clock to hold on for victory, and win me some money :D

Hey i said liverpool were goner win the champions leauge at the beginning of last season and we did so whats to say this wont happen ;)   ;D  ::)

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 4, 2005, 03:49:41 am »
my God, I think I'm going to be sick... :puke2

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #197 on: October 4, 2005, 04:12:48 am »
This is the first time I've ever been in this thread, I don't understand NFL sorry dudes....don't think I ever will.... :wave

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 4, 2005, 05:15:28 am »
hope someone is watching Brett tonite, I dare you to tell me he is getting old and washed up...

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 4, 2005, 05:30:16 am »
What a fucking effort Brett...He is a fucking legend, unlucky to be 0-4, lost our last 3 games by a total of 6 points... :( :butt