Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4130309 times)

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #69560 on: February 26, 2022, 11:15:00 pm »
Seems a lot of us had this, the judges need to explain themselves. I don't think it's corrupt, Just sheer incompetence. Doubt they watched the whole fight

Surely the judges were on the take there?

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #69561 on: February 26, 2022, 11:15:34 pm »
http://md.freestreams-live1.com/box/

Cheers. By the time i switched on it was round 7. Taylor was better in the last few but a lot had Catterall up.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #69562 on: February 26, 2022, 11:16:46 pm »
Sky presenter mentioning corruption fucking hell

I think this could be the watershed fight. Hope so anyway

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69563 on: February 26, 2022, 11:20:46 pm »
Disgraceful decision. Struggling to think of a worst one, but there’s probably been one which says a lot.

A Kermit Cintron fight had probably an even worse decision than this screw job.  ;D

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69564 on: February 26, 2022, 11:23:33 pm »
Threw more, landed more, scored a knock down and lost the fight.

How is it possible we see two clear examples of corruption right before our eyes in the same night?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69565 on: February 26, 2022, 11:25:09 pm »

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69566 on: February 26, 2022, 11:28:34 pm »
Watching and participating in sports has given me a lot of joy throughout the years. But days like today make me question everything. Didn’t think I would see a bigger screw job so quickly after the Everton game today.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69567 on: February 26, 2022, 11:34:28 pm »
Pretty sure we'll get a rematch and on this showing Jack has his number.

We won’t. He will move up in weight.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69568 on: February 26, 2022, 11:36:27 pm »
This was worse than the Jacobs v Ryder call last week

Not sure how you change it really

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69569 on: February 26, 2022, 11:39:08 pm »
I said it before and I'll say it again:

Introduce Hawkeye

Have them set up in each corner

Any shot that connects get's fed back into ringside judges so they can see/score it by seeing where punches landed, who's more aggressive etc.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #69570 on: February 26, 2022, 11:56:07 pm »
Only caught the fight on my phone but Catterall won that by a landslide, these dodgy decisions do nothing for the credibility of British boxing and I hope it doesn't deter big fighters coming to the UK.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #69571 on: February 26, 2022, 11:57:36 pm »
Only caught the fight on my phone but Catterall won that by a landslide, these dodgy decisions do nothing for the credibility of British boxing and I hope it doesn't deter big fighters coming to the UK.
It used to be when our fighters went to Italy or Germany that you knew you’d never get a decision, but now our judges are more biased than any
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69572 on: February 27, 2022, 12:00:06 am »
What’s even worse for me is joshes reaction. We both know you’ve been beat up and got a very lucky decision. Why not admit it??

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69573 on: February 27, 2022, 12:10:38 am »
Someone needs to lose their job and apologise to Jack for that

And give him the million+ he would've earned from the rematch,he won't get one now.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69574 on: February 27, 2022, 12:17:24 am »
Not sure why any overseas fighter would come here, even Crawford. Corruption runs through boxing, the government and the Premier League.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69575 on: February 27, 2022, 09:13:07 am »
It used to be when our fighters went to Italy or Germany that you knew you’d never get a decision, but now our judges are more biased than any

We've got "world leading" corruption  ;)

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #69576 on: February 27, 2022, 09:15:28 am »
That was an absolute robbery.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #69577 on: February 27, 2022, 09:28:56 am »
Cards should be submitted at the end of each round so they can’t be doctored. My mate tried to argue with me last night that caterall needed to win one of the last two convincingly to take the belt off the champions. Bullshit if the fight was scored fairly throughout they wouldn’t have the ability to go back and change earlier scores
YNWA

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69578 on: February 27, 2022, 09:41:43 am »
Cards should be submitted at the end of each round so they can’t be doctored. My mate tried to argue with me last night that caterall needed to win one of the last two convincingly to take the belt off the champions. Bullshit if the fight was scored fairly throughout they wouldn’t have the ability to go back and change earlier scores
They sometimes publish the score cards (after a controversial decision), be interesting to see them and which rounds they gave to Taylor

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #69579 on: February 27, 2022, 12:16:38 pm »
Was shocked at the 113-112. Then when the 114-111 was announced, I thought that was a bit more like it, until they gave it to Taylor.

I think the only way to make it fairer is to have more judges. If you have say 10 Judges for big title fights then you reduce the variance and make it much harder for corruption to interfere with the result. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #69580 on: February 28, 2022, 09:36:37 am »
Needs an massive overhaul doesn’t it? I can’t get myself up for it anymore

Boxing has been excluded from the Olympics for shit like this albeit at an amateur level but this won’t have helped

Ian John Lewis in particular should have been expired from anything to do with refereeing or judging fucking ages ago

Saturday wasn’t just corrupt, it was criminal and by that I mean someone needs to be checking their bank accounts and getting search warrants!

Horrible

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69581 on: February 28, 2022, 01:56:40 pm »
I'm a casual viewer of boxing and i couldn't fathom how Taylor won that - is there anyone out there can could at least give an argument saying that the fight was closer than we viewed it.  I know i dont see all the intricicies, so am not privy to how points are scored etc.

Is the fact that a boxer can be out-fought for x number rounds and score 9 each round a fundamental problem? in that it doesn't necessarily score the true reflection of a round??

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69582 on: February 28, 2022, 02:12:34 pm »
I'm a casual viewer of boxing and i couldn't fathom how Taylor won that - is there anyone out there can could at least give an argument saying that the fight was closer than we viewed it.  I know i dont see all the intricicies, so am not privy to how points are scored etc.

Is the fact that a boxer can be out-fought for x number rounds and score 9 each round a fundamental problem? in that it doesn't necessarily score the true reflection of a round??
Not if the other guy scores 10, it's no different in practice from scoring the round 1-0.  The difference is that if you make it 10-9, you have a system where you can deduct points for knock downs etc.  If someone is getting truly battered but doesn't go down the judges can still score it 10-8 if they want, although can't remember the last time I saw that happen.

The real problems are that boxing is quite hard to judge from ringside compared to the TV, especially if there is a strong home favourite because the crowd influence the judges and shots that land on the gloves or just fall short end up getting counted.

The other problem is that boxing is bent as fuck ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69583 on: February 28, 2022, 02:35:17 pm »
Hawkeye, Motherfuckers!

How many times over the years must I say this? Considering the millions that is earned by boxers, promoters and venues it doesn't cost much to set up and use it.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69584 on: February 28, 2022, 03:23:57 pm »
Hawkeye, Motherfuckers!

How many times over the years must I say this? Considering the millions that is earned by boxers, promoters and venues it doesn't cost much to set up and use it.

If we have learned anything from football though it's that if it's the same dickheads operating the thing it will just ruin the entertainment and not solve any of the problems.  And corruption in boxing is next level compared to football.

Remember that fight where they brought in a version of VAR for boxing and Bob Arum literally walked over to the monitor and told them what he wanted the result to be ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69585 on: February 28, 2022, 03:28:44 pm »
 :D

Not VAR though.

Set up the Hawkeye cameras on each corner of the ring.  Send signals and data  back to the judges on where the connected punches land and that way the judges get a better idea of if the punch was effective or not.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69586 on: February 28, 2022, 03:30:32 pm »
See the BBBoC are going to investigate the scoring of the fight.not sure what effect it will have on the result as they can’t overturn it , but guess it’s a start.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69587 on: February 28, 2022, 05:24:43 pm »
Taylor sounds like he may be changing weight too, so no rematch. Absolute daylight robbery

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69588 on: February 28, 2022, 05:28:53 pm »
He's moving up to Welterweight. That division currently is loaded with talent. He'll get his arse handed to him if he fights like this again up there.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69589 on: February 28, 2022, 06:39:56 pm »
Fight Disciples is a must listen to this week.

Directly calls out Daniel Kinahan.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69590 on: March 1, 2022, 12:48:00 am »
The WBA have announced that as well as not sanctioning fights in Russia due to the invasion of Ukraine, they will also no longer allow Russian boxers their flag/anthem and the country will not be named at all. Appears this will apply to Dmitry Bivol when he fights Canelo Alvarez.

Canelo Alvarez vs Dmitry Bivol reportedly could now take place in Dubai, UAE on May 7th. [@ESPNmx]
« Last Edit: March 1, 2022, 12:50:17 am by Samie »

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #69591 on: March 1, 2022, 11:15:08 am »
:D

Not VAR though.

Set up the Hawkeye cameras on each corner of the ring.  Send signals and data  back to the judges on where the connected punches land and that way the judges get a better idea of if the punch was effective or not.

Had this ever been proposed by Hawkeye?

Would have thought it difficult in terms of scoring punches, power shots, punches blocked etc and equally more punches landed doesn’t always correlate with cleaner, efficient work I.e some mad fucker who windmills!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69592 on: March 1, 2022, 11:22:54 am »
Had this ever been proposed by Hawkeye?

Would have thought it difficult in terms of scoring punches, power shots, punches blocked etc and equally more punches landed doesn’t always correlate with cleaner, efficient work I.e some mad fucker who windmills!

It was mooted once a long while back but nothing came of it bar that Bob Arum trial he did but that wasn't Hawkeye.  ;D

You'd still have the judges mate, scoring as they do but this would give them "extra" help.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69593 on: March 1, 2022, 11:39:29 am »
It was mooted once a long while back but nothing came of it bar that Bob Arum trial he did but that wasn't Hawkeye.  ;D

You'd still have the judges mate, scoring as they do but this would give them "extra" help.
You'd think that having an understanding of what punches landed versus the ones that landed on the arms or just fell short would help them.  Judges could then factor in things like aggression and control of the ring etc.  At the moment you're relying on aa 70 year old man with NHS glasses trying to make millimetre judgement calls from 20 feet away.

With that said, I don't think the technology actually exists.  Compubox is just a guy in a van.

Also boxing is bent anyway and technology is never going to be able to fix that!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69594 on: March 1, 2022, 12:32:44 pm »
Technology of that does exist but Hawkeye is used in a number of sports these days hence why I said it.  Also Boxing and Technology always mixed. I mean 30 years ago you were getting simulated fights between if Tyson or Ali would win in a hypothetical match up. :D

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69595 on: March 1, 2022, 01:16:14 pm »
Just reading that Lomachenko and Usyk are amongst a number of Ukrainian sports people who’ve signed up to fight in Ukraine.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69596 on: March 1, 2022, 01:35:23 pm »
You know what would be a great gesture? AJ agrees to fight Usyk in Ukraine for the World Heavyweight titles.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69597 on: March 1, 2022, 01:44:50 pm »
You know what would be a great gesture? AJ agrees to fight Usyk in Ukraine for the World Heavyweight titles.
That is a ridiculous shout. How the hell would that work?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69598 on: March 1, 2022, 01:49:57 pm »
Because Usyk asked Hearn if they had a rematch he would like it in Ukraine and Edwardo said he'd try and do it over there but it wasn't likely.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69599 on: March 1, 2022, 01:51:11 pm »
Because Usyk asked Hearn if they had a rematch he would like it in Ukraine and Edwardo said he'd try and do it over there but it wasn't likely.
Are you Michelle Joy Phelps? There is a reason it can't happen in Ukraine at the moment.