Author Topic: Noita  (Read 800 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Noita
« on: June 24, 2022, 01:39:35 pm »
Can't believe there isn't a thread for this

Very much a 'one more try' rouge-like, but absolutely amazing

Wasted quite a few hours on this and not even got a tiny bit through it :)

So much to learn and do!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: Noita
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 09:22:28 am »
Never heard of this game but it looks boss. Not sure how well my slightly crappy laptop will cope, look like the kind of game that would do well on Switch/Consoles but a port looks unlikely given that it's a small studio which is a shame.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 12:03:02 pm »
Never heard of this game but it looks boss. Not sure how well my slightly crappy laptop will cope, look like the kind of game that would do well on Switch/Consoles but a port looks unlikely given that it's a small studio which is a shame.

Give it a go - the specs aren't that mad and it's got low-res options for lower-specc'd laptops

You'll probably not forgive me after hours of 'FFS HOW did I die THEN?!" and "Just... one.. more.. go.."

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3 on: May 3, 2023, 09:46:31 am »
I am now up to 8 wins.

There are fundamental things you must know to defeat the end boss* and when you get that into your head, the journey is so much clearer.

I have now also defeated three other bosses, but the rest need special measures and although I have tried with some of them, some of them I haven't found yet.

There are also many areas in the main world I have never even seen. Once I defeat those (I reckon maybe I can do this in the next few years) then I'm going to have a crack and moving to the paralell worlds. East and West for now.

Also, fungal shifted something, but died before I found out what it was :)

I've spent over 500 hours and explored probably about 5% of the main map.

*Defeating the end boss is probably around 0.0000000000001% of the whole game when you take into account the fungal shifts, win shifts and alternative realities.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #4 on: May 4, 2023, 12:31:33 pm »
Finally going to cave to your endless praise and the reviews and pick this up I think ;D

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2023, 09:07:31 am »
Finally going to cave to your endless praise and the reviews and pick this up I think ;D

Damn you! Thats just adding to my cave-potentiality ;D
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 04:09:21 pm »

How are you getting on?

I end up killing myself in 95% of games am unlucky in 4% and win the other 1%*

*When I say win, I get to the final middle boss. I haven't collected all the boss tokens after killing them or visited most of the areas or got all the tablets or got to most areas or even done the sun or moon quests or the hundreds of other quests and I've never made it into a paralell world yet.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 07:32:56 pm »
How are you getting on?

I end up killing myself in 95% of games am unlucky in 4% and win the other 1%*

*When I say win, I get to the final middle boss. I haven't collected all the boss tokens after killing them or visited most of the areas or got all the tablets or got to most areas or even done the sun or moon quests or the hundreds of other quests and I've never made it into a paralell world yet.

I've not had a chance to play much yet as I've also got Zelda which is going to take up much of my life for the next couple of months ;D

But I felt like I had no idea what I was doing :lmao

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2023, 12:17:41 pm »
I've not had a chance to play much yet as I've also got Zelda which is going to take up much of my life for the next couple of months ;D

But I felt like I had no idea what I was doing :lmao

I managed to defeat the middle bottom boss last night, went up and killed the dragon, then saw to the bridge boss and went to the pyramid and defeated the pyramid boss after crossing the desert and getting past his minions. I then went across the tree and the snowy wastes and killed the alchemist for the first time, though it was a difficult battle I had really powered up my main wand and had a plasma cutter on a homing with explosion weakinging and damage on a multi-cast. Had a bit of a scary moment when escaping when I fell into some poly and ended up staggering away as a sheep :D

I then found a tele wand and managed to get to the plateau tablet alter and started a New Game + for the first time (I had found five orbs)

First time in there and I was obliterated in the snowy depths before completing the work :(

But massive progress. One day I'll be brave enough to fight the unknown god, the Kraken and then find the other bosses. I'm too scared to go even anywhere near the factory :D   But did find another couple of alters that unlocked *something somewhere :D *

As a word of warning, when you get to the undergound jungle, don't wander too far left as those mental spider beasties are impossible to kill - well I've never managed it and they just not only rip you to shreds but wipe out the world around them as their grinding teeth seek your death..
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 12:19:20 pm by Andy @ Allerton! »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 03:36:46 pm »
Worked out how to kill the spider things. Gotta be cutting damage. Other damage heals them

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 09:44:53 pm »
952.2 hours in. Barely scratched the surface.

'Beaten' the core game (Which is roughly 2% of the game) about 20 times - well it's infinte as you can travel to paralell worlds and if you go into the sky or into hell then it's infinate in every direction.

Travelled to the paralell worlds, collected all the main game tablets, which lead to greater secrets. Beaten the Bridge Boss, the Grand Alchemist, the Pyramid Boss, The Dragon and the End dude. Been to the caverns, the hidden cavern, the rocky depths, the canyon, the orb rooms, the hidden temple, the jungle and a load of other places on the main world.

Shit scared of meeting the levitiathon and the master of magic and not even seen some of the others ones like the mechs that wiped me instantly. Also the other ones under the desert and the various fungal caverns are scary as shite.. Visited the gold, taken my first steps into the Sky. Got the moon once. Went to hell and was promptly snuffed out. Have done loads of pretty funny and sometimes scary fungal shifts. Have visited the tower and battled my way up through all the biomes. Visited the desert and solved some of the secrets such as the portal to the lake. Visited the lodge and am working out how to look at doing the Sun and Moon quests. Once I've done those then I can look at the Dark Sun and the Dark Moon quests and after all that I'm barely really into the game.

Most runs now last 2-3 hours, but obviouslyl one tiny mistake and you're insta dead via fire/water/polymorph/acid/gas/lava/molten metal/plasma beams/a million enemies/yourself reincarnated with a wand. Too many bosses to count and mostly sheer stupidity.

Keep coming back though. Simply the most awesome and unforgiving game I've ever played.

If you think you are 'good' at games then you'll be shite at Noita. Guaranteed.

Oh and they've done a load of updates to the game and are adding new biomes which you can see in the Beta branch. If that's not enough then there are hundreds of mods that completely change the game.

But it's the instadeath after a 12 hour run that gets you. You always have the option once you beat the 'end boss' but where is the fun in that - you can also 'win' and then go to a secret place and drop the reward to start 'New Game Plus' which gets harder and harder with all the biomes markedly different. But you can always give yourself a chance to travel to the parallell worlds and randomly encounter some git bosses but then also pick up new parks from each dimension.

If you want to play a literally infinate game (If you're good and lucky enough) then you can play for months if you want and you still wont' see it all.