Author Topic: Mario Strikers: Battle League  (Read 641 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mario Strikers: Battle League
« on: June 10, 2022, 09:54:37 pm »
Anyone else picked this up?

Takes me back to being a kid and hammering the Gamecube one.

Anyone wants to get a RAWK club going then send me your Nintendo ID 👍

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: Mario Strikers: Battle League
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 10:20:43 pm »
Got it coming tomorrow, could have sworn I’d pre-ordered and then check my account this afternoon and it’s not there  :butt

Is there any more depth than the other two Mario sports games? Both felt like the single player was tacked on.
AHA!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 10:20:54 pm »
Looks great fun but the single player is apparently non-existent which is a big shame.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 11:30:37 pm »
It’s similar to Mario Kart in the sense that you’ve got cups you can play through offline.

Had a game online earlier and it’s boss, very hectic though and tough to follow the ball at times with so much happening on screen.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 05:29:30 pm »
Loving it so far. Very tricky online though. You can tell some have swatted up already and you stand no chance against them. It's pretty technical but the more you play the better you will become. Can see me wasting loads of time on this before the proper footy season comes back!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2022, 09:25:05 pm »
Loving it so far. Very tricky online though. You can tell some have swatted up already and you stand no chance against them. It's pretty technical but the more you play the better you will become. Can see me wasting loads of time on this before the proper footy season comes back!

Had that yesterday, joined a random club and had a go online, came up against a Waluigi whose every shot went in and he was to quick to catch.

Managed to win 7-4 though.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2022, 09:24:34 am »
Had that yesterday, joined a random club and had a go online, came up against a Waluigi whose every shot went in and he was to quick to catch.

Managed to win 7-4 though.

I've joined a club but don't think the ranked league thing starts yet? Can you only join one club do you know?

Played quite a few online matches now, probably won 10, lost 8  or something like that. I've realised you need master the dodge when a tackle comes flying In. Scoring goals has become increasingly difficult, you have to be very accurate. The hyper strikes make all the difference- very hard to actually get one off unless you have some power ups to temporarily stun the opponent.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2022, 12:21:07 pm »
I've joined a club but don't think the ranked league thing starts yet? Can you only join one club do you know?

Played quite a few online matches now, probably won 10, lost 8  or something like that. I've realised you need master the dodge when a tackle comes flying In. Scoring goals has become increasingly difficult, you have to be very accurate. The hyper strikes make all the difference- very hard to actually get one off unless you have some power ups to temporarily stun the opponent.

You can go into club management and leave the club, i’ve joined and left a few looking for other players. Ended up just sticking with one called Liverpool FC, no one’s ever online though.

Aye, tough to master but fun to learn.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2022, 06:44:02 pm »
You can go into club management and leave the club, i’ve joined and left a few looking for other players. Ended up just sticking with one called Liverpool FC, no one’s ever online though.

Aye, tough to master but fun to learn.

I'd be up for a RAWK league if we had the numbers?

The only thing I wish they had on the game is a way to see how many wins and losses you had on a regular quick online match.

I'll add you on the switch if you send me your username? Feel free to PM it.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 03:13:57 pm »
Had a belter of a match online last night. I was 6-1 down with 2 minutes left on the clock. A couple of hyper strikes and 2 late Toad goals gave me the winner.

It's actually pretty tough to get a good balance in your side. I go with Toad up top, Wario, Yoshi and then a full strength Bowser at the back.

One thing I find difficult is timing the dodge well. Online most people I play seem to dodge a lot of tackles and get the speed to break away and slot home.