Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 339723 times)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2013, 06:35:31 pm »
so not only having a pop at Rafa but Villa Boas and Di Matteo too, what a prick, zero class

He really does seem to be losing his nous/shine. Almost everyone could tell last year that Luiz was better in midfield, and actually playing him there was in no means a defensive move.

But then maybe tactical awareness never was his forte.

Let's all remember the age old question, when you're 1-0 down do you put Robert Huth up front or play Luis Garcia in the hole...

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2013, 06:35:53 pm »
You can't compare like that, frankly. Mourinho was playing in the same league as Barca. And as much money that Real spent and as great as they bought; that Barca team was just better.

He's the 'special one' isn't he? If you're saying that Mourinho has to have the best team in the league to win it, then err... it's not his management that's winning things. A great manager with Ronaldo, Kaka, Xabi Alonso, Higuain and so on at his disposal, should have found a way to beat Barcelona. Isn't the job of the manager to employ tactics and create the team to do the job?

And so if Barca win one title, that's one less title Mourinho can win. So, despite it all, he was still up against it. The fact that he even beat Barca to the title once is a victory in itself. Who knows if it'll happen again anytime soon.

And if Real win the title, that's one less for Barca.

And in the European Cup, they didn't lose to the amazing Barca team last year, they lost to Dortmund in the semi-final - Jose and his team getting spanked 4-1 in the first leg. And of course they embarrassed themselves in the 2013 Copa Del Rey against Atletico Madrid.

My heart fucking bleeds for pour Jose and the shit he had to put up with at little old Real Madrid. How unfair to have to go into every season with just a few hundred million pounds worth of players to choose from.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2013, 06:37:36 pm »
Master of spin this guy, great at it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24177905

Jose Mourinho blames Chelsea form on style change

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says his side's poor form is because he is trying to improve their style of play.

I don't do smilies that often but this calls for:

:shocked

What the fuck?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2013, 06:39:31 pm »
"We have lost nothing. You like to compare things but we didn't finish third in the Champions League, we did not get relegated to the Europa League and we did not finish third in the Premier League," he said.

What an utter c*nt.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2013, 07:19:56 pm »
What an utter c*nt.

Be a beaut if Chelsea met Napoli along the way and got dumped out of Europe, would be thoroughly delightful.

Theres no humility, respect or graciousness in this twat, him and Chelsea truly are a match made in hell.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2013, 07:25:21 pm »
Be a beaut if Chelsea met Napoli along the way and got dumped out of Europe, would be thoroughly delightful.

Theres no humility, respect or graciousness in this twat, him and Chelsea truly are a match made in hell.

To be fair - he's right about Chelsea last season. Whereas over in Madrid under Mourinho they won fuck all, finished second in the league, got thrashed by Dortmund in Europe and got turned over in the Copa Del Rey Final...

And he did change Madrid's style of football - he turned it to dogshit...

Class...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2013, 07:25:40 pm »
I don't do smilies that often but this calls for:

:shocked

What the fuck?

Why so surprised? The Man Utd game was evident of the beautiful, attacking football he's trying to get his team to play
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:27:19 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2013, 07:27:12 pm »

On the cards I reckon.......Then they'll play the mancs after that!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2013, 07:36:48 pm »
On the cards I reckon.......Then they'll play the mancs after that!

Moyes v Benitez - can you imagine the Sky build up "Moyes now on the throne, can the fat spanish waiter serve him up the victory we all know they should have, it's written in the stars" The red tops the following day "DAVID MOYES VICTORIOUS in defeat against ranting rafa's underhand italians"
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2013, 07:37:04 pm »
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 20, 2013, 08:34:52 pm »
Mourinho has a point though since they went more open have finished 3rd (14 points off top) & 6th (25 points off top) which for a club of their resources is shocking & probably a big reason for the manager turnover in that time. Its a pretty huge drop of compared to the league finished & points averaged in the seasons before.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 20, 2013, 08:39:47 pm »
Mourinho has a point though since they went more open have finished 3rd (14 points off top) & 6th (25 points off top) which for a club of their resources is shocking & probably a big reason for the manager turnover in that time. Its a pretty huge drop of compared to the league finished & points averaged in the seasons before.

Far more indicative of a team that is currently in transition and trying to find its feet in terms of a new team that can compete, other than ourselves and more recently United - most teams find it very difficult to acquire a seemless transition from one team to the next and remain at the very top. Chopping and changes managers / philosophys and approaches is much to blame.

They are where they are, because of who they are and their chronic lack of sustainability with their management. Chop and fucking change, it's only the roubles that keep their head above water.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2013, 08:47:29 pm »
"Tomorrow maybe we win 3-0 against Fulham and everything is perfect, or maybe I will lose for the first time at home at Chelsea in four years and 200 league matches, and it is a big story."

Didn't they just lose at home yesterday or does that not count? Or is he talking about not losing at home in league, in which case, nice deflection by him to throw a towel on the CL loss and hope no one pays attention.

Mourinho insists however, that his revamp of their tactics cannot be deemed a failure until they fall out of contention for silverware, as they did last season.

"We have lost nothing. You like to compare things but we didn't finish third in the Champions League, we did not get relegated to the Europa League and we did not finish third in the Premier League," he said.

Another baffling moving of the posts, they did win silverware last season and didn't fall out of contention from the League Cup and FA Cup until the semis. But maybe he is only talking about the League, but then why is he pointing our the CL record and Europa League. Another classy deflection by Jose.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:58 pm »
"Tomorrow maybe we win 3-0 against Fulham and everything is perfect, or maybe I will lose for the first time at home at Chelsea in four years and 200 league matches, and it is a big story."

Didn't they just lose at home yesterday or does that not count? Or is he talking about not losing at home in league, in which case, nice deflection by him to throw a towel on the CL loss and hope no one pays attention.

Mourinho insists however, that his revamp of their tactics cannot be deemed a failure until they fall out of contention for silverware, as they did last season.

Another baffling moving of the posts, they did win silverware last season and didn't fall out of contention from the League Cup and FA Cup until the semis. But maybe he is only talking about the League, but then why is he pointing our the CL record and Europa League. Another classy deflection by Jose.
When you're the darling of the press - you could fart in a Roses tin and they'd lap it up as sense.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2013, 09:47:43 pm »
just heard that press conference on 5 Live..stomach turning.....Mourinho full of false modesty..flattering to deceive, acting all coquettish and fluttering his lashes to take the assembled journo's eye off the ball...and the journo's giggling and squealing like schoolies at a One Direction convention....phoney fucker...hope it all goes to shite for him ...the c*nts deserve some bad Karma after the way they treated the Rafatola
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2013, 09:49:17 pm »
When you're the darling of the press - you could fart in a Roses tin and they'd lap it up as sense.

Doesn't that make it a tin of Quality Street?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2013, 09:54:21 pm »

That would be 6th in the league, but an FA Cup and a European Cup (the first in their history and the first for a London team), and then 3rd but with a UEFA Cup (also their first and giving them a complete set of European Trophies).

They didn't just 'go open'. They had three managers over that period who were trying to deal with issues that Mourinho never dealt with - the Terry and Lampard problem and how to bring in younger players. It saw off Vilas-Boas, put Di Matteo in out of his depth, leaving Rafa to sort things out halfway through last season.

Mourinho did what he usually does with clubs - he had a party with all the good stuff paid for by others then left a big turd on the carpet when he left.

Rafa left a club in great shape with Lampard and Terry being used appropriately for their age, bringing in some exceptional young players into the team and getting the best out of them.

Now Mourinho's back and he's just shat in the carpet again. Just because he thinks he can get away with it. The prick thinks he built Chelsea out of nothing in 04/05 rather than take over a very good squad (paid for by Roman's billions) who finished 2nd the year before and were in the semi final of the European Cup.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2013, 10:53:38 pm »
So after sending Lukaku on loan, and bringing in Eto'o as the main striker, he's now antagonizing the best player of the team. :lmao

“They can, when he adapts to it. But I’m not ready to play Oscar following full-backs, as he was before, I want to build with Oscar as my No 10. I want the other two players, from the side, to adapt to that reality and learn how to do things they were not ready to do before.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10324705/Jose-Mourinho-finds-it-hard-to-give-Juan-Mata-leading-role-at-Chelsea.html

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2013, 11:14:04 pm »
So after sending Lukaku on loan, and bringing in Eto'o as the main striker, he's now antagonizing the best player of the team. :lmao

“They can, when he adapts to it. But I’m not ready to play Oscar following full-backs, as he was before, I want to build with Oscar as my No 10. I want the other two players, from the side, to adapt to that reality and learn how to do things they were not ready to do before.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10324705/Jose-Mourinho-finds-it-hard-to-give-Juan-Mata-leading-role-at-Chelsea.html

It's frank spencer hilarious, Mata delivers a phenomenal performance last year, and as a result he gets replaced by a player who underwhelmed in comparison.

I hope he fails, no - i hope the media here turn on him like they did on Rafa and chase the prick out of our country....

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2013, 11:17:45 pm »
Mourinho basically confirms everything there. He is more scared of conceding than going out to impress and play some brilliant football like Chelsea did under Rafa at times.

He doesn't want Oscar to play wide as he won't track back well? His other wide men have been shite at that too this season!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2013, 11:26:31 pm »
Mourinho basically confirms everything there. He is more scared of conceding than going out to impress and play some brilliant football like Chelsea did under Rafa at times.

He doesn't want Oscar to play wide as he won't track back well? His other wide men have been shite at that too this season!

Could enter a conversation about this bloke, but - i've swanned by some wankers in my life, he's a massive prick.... i'd love to look him in his almighty eye and tell him that - see what he did, wanker.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2013, 11:31:42 pm »
The most irritating thing about this issue (or the funniest thing depending on how you see it) is the Chelsea fans and their increasing widening of the boundaries.

Ie in June/July when it was first reported that Mourinho wouldn't mind getting rid of Mata and that he didn't rate him, they responded with ridicule, saying that it was just rumours and it wasn't true. Then at the start of the season when he wasn't playing, they stated that he 'quite clearly' wasn't fit. Now that it's clear he's not first choice, they are doing everything possible to try and show that Oscar is apparently a better player.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #224 on: September 20, 2013, 11:32:21 pm »
Dear lord. Apparently Juan f***** Mata's not good enough to get a game in a Jose Mourinho side.

Must be some manager. Handed a trillion euro warchest and the squad of the ***** century only to win f*** with Madrid, then to buy half the AM's in the world, loan out his best striker and antagonize his best player to play 300 men behind the ball against Bayern having yet again spent money like a maniac. Beautiful football, Jose trademark really. Remember the amazingly slick Chelsea side of his first tenure that blew away the league with their 11-0 wins? More like paid 500 million for a squad to play Cech-Drogba hoofball and get a Lampard deflection goal.

Its mind numbing how he's come out with that statement. Trying to improve the team's style of play. In other news, Stoke are the most attractive side to watch in the league y'know.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Online Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2013, 11:38:14 pm »
Cheeky loan bid for Mata anyone?  Is the loan window still open?   ;D

Offline Kop10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2013, 11:40:37 pm »
It's frank spencer hilarious, Mata delivers a phenomenal performance last year, and as a result he gets replaced by a player who underwhelmed in comparison.

I hope he fails, no - i hope the media here turn on him like they did on Rafa and chase the prick out of our country....

Ferguson permanently dropped Berbatov, highest goalscorer from the season before and crowd favourite, and replaced him with Danny Welbeck in the side. Results improved, Ferguson was vindicated in his decision. He did the same with Ruud Van Nistlerooy, replacing him with Saha.

“One thing is to play with Ramires and Oscar in the side, them closing each side, and Mata as a No 10 behind a striker, clever assists and clever passes, fantastic actions because he has great talent,” said the manager.

“Another thing is to adapt to the way we want to play. In this moment, Oscar is my No 10 and, if somebody tells me that Oscar is not Chelsea’s best player since the beginning of the season, I’d have to disagree.”

So he acknowledges Mata is a great talent and can deliver what he did last season but he wants him to play wider. I think Mata might have bought into his own hype and feels his past performances makes him entitled to start as No 10. Not if the gaffer thinks you can benefit the team more by learning defensive responsibility and starting out wide.

If Oscar can bring 75% of what Mata brings to the central role, and Mata brings 50% more ability to the wide role, the whole team benefits. What if our own Suarez decides he doesn't want to play on the right and justifies it by his performances as striker? Do you expect Brendan to just drop Sturridge, when the team would quite clearly benefit more from Suarez on the right, even though he might be the better striker?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:53:59 pm by Kop10 »
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too. One year we came second." - Bob Paisley

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2013, 11:53:57 pm »
Rafa was perfect in Europe last year. Under his tenure, Chelsea just played one game in the CL, which they won beating the scoring record of the CL. Then, relegated into the Europa League for the previous performances, he won that competition.

Literally impossible to ask for more.

As for ending 3rd in the league, we will see what do they do this year after spending 100M-ish. I don't fancy them making it into the top-3.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2013, 11:56:00 pm »
If Oscar can bring 75% of what Mata brings to the central role, and Mata brings 50% more ability to the wide role, the whole team benefits.
Part of the point (with the bit in bold) is he doesn't. There was a couple of reasons Rafa switched them last season and played Mata as a number ten. First of all, Mata's playmaking, quality and influence on the team was/is greater than Oscar's. Oscar is a very good player and will become even better but arguing he's better than Mata at this stage is a bit bizarre. When you have two players whose best position is in the middle as a number ten you have to decide who has the greatest influence on the team and who can dictate better and create more from there. That player was Mata.

Second of all, if you're going to talk about defensive responsibility, then playing Mata wide doesn't make sense. Mata's defensive ability is pretty poor and because he hasn't got that much pace or acceleration, it makes more sense to play Oscar wide where intensity runs are much more important than as a number ten. Oscar's better discipline, pace and 1v1 ability made/make him a more viable option wide than Mata.

Personally, I actually think that Oscar should play deeper in midfield, alongside Ramires. Again I will say his best position is as an attacking midfielder but I fail to see how it benefits Chelsea to drop Mata who has been such a phenomenal player for them and even in a counter attacking side (which Chelsea have still arguably been often in the last two seasons) he is their most important player.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2013, 11:56:58 pm »
Ferguson permanently dropped Berbatov, highest goalscorer from the season before and crowd favourite, and replaced him with Danny Welbeck in the side. Results improved, Ferguson was vindicated in his decision. He did the same with Ruud Van Nistlerooy, replacing him with Saha.

That's a bullshit comparison. Berbatov, good as he was, was to all intents and purposes a flat track bully (and whilst Welbeck came into the side, the main purpose was to give Rooney and Ronaldo free reign up top).

Mata's a creator and a damn good one. Jose hates the Spanish though...

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2013, 12:07:21 am »
Well, not easy probably, but I always had more respect for his disciples Rodgers and Villas Boas, who actually try to play football than play shite ugly football with expensive squads, and then complain and blame everybody if it doesn't work.

In Premier league alone, I respect and rate 5 managers ahead of him. Laudrup, Rodgers, Villas Boas, Wenger and Martinez. These guys try to play football, no matter their budget. Its easier to defend than attack.

None of those managers mentioned are close to Mourinho's class, Except maybe Wenger.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline kacangpool

• By day, a quiet office worker from Ormskirk. By Night CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
  • Kopite
« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2013, 12:07:58 am »
That's a bullshit comparison. Berbatov, good as he was, was to all intents and purposes a flat track bully (and whilst Welbeck came into the side, the main purpose was to give Rooney and Ronaldo free reign up top).

agree, and he's saying all this publicly. a former madrid player had this to say:

Albiol: Real Madrid were fighting in the locker room

Former Real Madrid defender, Raul Albiol recently dropped a bombshell about last season’s downfall under former manager, Jose Mourinho, revealing that the players were fighting in the locker room and it was a blessing that the season ended.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/79064/albiol-real-madrid-were-fighting-in-the-locker-room/

Offline Kop10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2013, 12:16:02 am »
Part of the point (with the bit in bold) is he doesn't. There was a couple of reasons Rafa switched them last season and played Mata as a number ten. First of all, Mata's playmaking, quality and influence on the team was/is greater than Oscar's. Oscar is a very good player and will become even better but arguing he's better than Mata at this stage is a bit bizarre. When you have two players whose best position is in the middle as a number ten you have to decide who has the greatest influence on the team and who can dictate better and create more from there. That player was Mata.

I never said Oscar was better than Mata though. I said if he can bring 75% of what Mata brings to the role, I don't think he's up to Mata's level yet. Besides Mourinho makes it clear that he's grooming Oscar for that role, so maybe short-term results are not his biggest concern.

Second of all, if you're going to talk about defensive responsibility, then playing Mata wide doesn't make sense. Mata's defensive ability is pretty poor and because he hasn't got that much pace or acceleration, it makes more sense to play Oscar wide where intensity runs are much more important than as a number ten. Oscar's better discipline, pace and 1v1 ability made/make him a more viable option wide than Mata.

It must make sense otherwise Mourinho wouldn't be attempting to do it. Mata's defensive ability might be pretty poor now but perhaps that's why he's not starting games. I'm pretty sure it won't be a requirement for him to have the tenacity of a valenica, nor the discipline of Ramires. It might just be an inclination to help his fb is what Mourinho is looking for. The original transcript of what Mourinho said actually included this about Mata:

"It's part of a process with him. One thing is to play with Ramires and Oscar in the side, them closing (down) each side, and Mata as a number 10 behind a striker, to have clever assists and to have clever passes; fantastic actions because he has great talent."

So if it's part of a process, there must be a target in mind. Maybe once he shows a willingness to track back and do things he might feel are beneath him, he'll have a place ready for him in the side.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too. One year we came second." - Bob Paisley

Offline Kop10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 21, 2013, 12:18:14 am »

You think this is what it all boils down to? Wasn't there the same uproar with Joe Cole and Mourinho once upon a time?

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #234 on: September 21, 2013, 12:22:59 am »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelseas-mourinho-warns-juan-mata-2288912

He has lost the plot.

I think he might have issues with Spanish players. Especially after this:

“But I’m not ready to play Oscar, making him follow full-backs, because he plays in that role for the country with more talented players than anyone else in the world in that position."

Honestly if he honestly thinks Oscar is a better 10 than Mata at this point, and Brazil superior to Spain in that position... he has issues. Serious issues. And I rate Oscar as a phenomenal prospect.

This is akin to sit Messi because you signed Neymar, and tell Messi he has to prove himself. Or sit C.Ronaldo for Bale with the same argument.

All of this in WC year. Mata might be in the way out by next transfer window.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #235 on: September 21, 2013, 12:29:45 am »
He's definitely changed - I always remember him being all about the group and never singling players out like this
I could be wrong but I thought his man management was good and certainly inspired a lot of loyalty where as this all seems like 'kicking downwards'

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2013, 12:34:44 am »

I think he might have issues with Spanish players. Especially after this:

I thought this when the Mata thing first came up, thought it was ridiculous at the time. Remember Azpilicueta has also barely featured, and Eto'o, who is not a front of the line striker anymore, is currently being preffered to Torres, when I think Torres was started to find some kind of form (although nothing like his old game).

Maybe his ego couldn't deal with the fact he was hated in Spain.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2013, 12:35:20 am »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelseas-mourinho-warns-juan-mata-2288912
Haha, you didn't need to be a genius to get this message since the day Mourinho came to Chelsea. Mata has been stupid. He will get 5-10 minutes here and there, won't get a consistent run of games, and will obviously be blamed for bad results.

The decision has been made before Mata even played 1 game. It was him in Confed Cup, and rumors were that Chelsea offered him in exchange for Rooney. Silly silly Mata, what in the fuck did he think? Mourinho is a petty wanker, should have known better.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2013, 12:39:03 am »
The most irritating thing about this issue (or the funniest thing depending on how you see it) is the Chelsea fans and their increasing widening of the boundaries.

Ie in June/July when it was first reported that Mourinho wouldn't mind getting rid of Mata and that he didn't rate him, they responded with ridicule, saying that it was just rumours and it wasn't true. Then at the start of the season when he wasn't playing, they stated that he 'quite clearly' wasn't fit. Now that it's clear he's not first choice, they are doing everything possible to try and show that Oscar is apparently a better player.
Yeah, Chelsea are the worst club with worst fans in England. Quite clearly. The other day I visited a Chelsea forum, and there were some already saying that Mata isn't really good enough, some were blaming him for Basel defeat (!!!), others were saying Mourinho's style is first and foremost.

It's shocking. I think Mata was mistaken by their good treatment in good times, now, he will realize what a sad bunch of pricks they are. But a bit too late, may have ruined his World Cup chances. That said, it's hardly a loss for Spain. They have equally good Silva and Cazorla, and quite frankly, I think Isco is better than them all. Navas, too, has a better chance to start anyway.

Offline kacangpool

• By day, a quiet office worker from Ormskirk. By Night CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
  • Kopite
« Reply #239 on: September 21, 2013, 12:50:10 am »
not sure if this has been posted:

Chelsea spent three years building a team for Guardiola and then put Mourinho in charge. It's like taking a tank into a Ferrari plant...

Put Jose Mourinho in a scrap-metal yard, and he will build you a tank. Put him in a Ferrari plant ... and he will also build you a tank.
Mourinho builds tanks.

Big powerful armored-vehicle football teams. He likes a back-four that never allows an attacking whim to distract it out of shape.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2426426/Chelsea-built-team-Pep-Guardiola-got-Jose-Mourinho.html