Author Topic: Formula 1 2022: The return of ground effect(s)  (Read 190693 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Formula 1 2022: The return of ground effect(s)
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2022, 08:08:05 am »
You’d hope winning his first title would mature him but sadly it doesn’t seem like it has so far, nor his Red Bull team
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2022, 08:58:11 am »
Wow

https://twitter.com/F1_Jordan/status/1491184614345707520?s=20&t=vJXIHYGCEwwEU-RJI5MvfA

How can anyone take Max as the champion seriously.

Maybe because he won more races, led more laps, got more poles etcetera over the course of the season than did Lewis.  Or perhaps because even if the correct procedure at the final race (allowing all lapped cars past at the first opportunity) had been followed then the result would have been the same.  Let's not forget either that it was Toto Wolff who was one of the head cheerleaders in not wanting any races to finish under the safety car.  Time to dry those tears and move on lads. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 09:02:23 am by Darren G »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2022, 09:07:23 am »
Imagine actually typing the words 'won more races' without a fucking massive asterisk next to Spa and Abu Dhabi.

Two manufactured results seem to qualify Verstappen* as being a deserved champion  :lmao
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2022, 09:15:26 am »
Imagine actually typing the words 'won more races' without a fucking massive asterisk next to Spa and Abu Dhabi.

Two manufactured results seem to qualify Verstappen* as being a deserved champion  :lmao

As I said, Max wins Abu Dhabi if the correct proceedure had been followed, so yeah, he won more races.  I also didn't say that two wins alone made him a worthy champion. Regardless, at the end of the day your little asterisks mean fuck-all.  It's brilliant that you're still crying into your beer over it though.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2022, 09:19:45 am »

What is noticeable is all the clever chappies talking about 'drying your tears and moving on' are Ferrari fans who witnessed the second most tainted drivers title (after last season) when Schuey drove Damon Hill off the track in Adelaide. So its not hugely surprising.

Also noticeable how toxic the atmosphere becomes in this thread as soon as a certain cheeky chappy starts posting again :D

So probs best to leave it there mate, don't nibble at his bait.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2022, 09:24:24 am »
As I said, Max wins Abu Dhabi if the correct proceedure had been followed, so yeah, he won more races.  I also didn't say that two wins alone made him a worthy champion. Regardless, at the end of the day your little asterisks mean fuck-all.  It's brilliant that you're still crying into your beer over it though.
Unfortunately I don't own a crystal ball so I can't disagree whether Verststappen* would have won the race even if proper procedure had been followed.

But I can console myself with Hamilton still winning 7 world titles fairly and honestly, being the GOAT, and all the gammons of this world can celebrate is a tainted championship that everyone knows was undeserved.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2022, 09:29:46 am »
Unfortunately I don't own a crystal ball so I can't disagree whether Verststappen* would have won the race even if proper procedure had been followed.

But I can console myself with Hamilton still winning 7 world titles fairly and honestly, being the GOAT, and all the gammons of this world can celebrate is a tainted championship that everyone knows was undeserved.

......and yet you still feel the need to drone on incessantly about how undeserved Max championship is and put a little asterisk next to his name every time you write it.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2022, 09:32:24 am »
What is noticeable is all the clever chappies talking about 'drying your tears and moving on' are Ferrari fans who witnessed the second most tainted drivers title (after last season) when Schuey drove Damon Hill off the track in Adelaide. So its not hugely surprising.

Also noticeable how toxic the atmosphere becomes in this thread as soon as a certain cheeky chappy starts posting again :D

So probs best to leave it there mate, don't nibble at his bait.
To be fair Schumacher was driving for Benetton then.

......and yet you still feel the need to drone on incessantly about how undeserved Max championship is and put a little asterisk next to his name every time you write it.
yep its 2022

shit way it ended last season because of Masi but move on

of course i am sure we will have plenty of name calling again this year
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2022, 09:32:33 am »
What qualifies as 'droning on incessantly'?

That was my first post in this thread...........

BTW, Verstappen*

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2022, 09:34:08 am »

He sure was, but he's a Ferrari icon.

But of course you're right, its 2022, Max* is champion and its not about to change and it'll be interesting to see who starts off as favourite

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2022, 09:37:04 am »
Senna and Schumacher were both guilty of some of the biggest shithouse driving antics in the history of the sport, but there's no asterisk next to any of their titles

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2022, 09:38:43 am »
the asterisking is pretty pathetic to be fair. evertonian as fuck.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2022, 09:39:27 am »
 yep its 2022

shit way it ended last season because of Masi but move on

of course i am sure we will have plenty of name calling again this year

I mean, yeah there is that....as well as the fact that I'm not a Ferrari fan.  Other than that it was a brilliant point.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2022, 09:42:07 am »
*shrugs*

No different to me to calling Man City 'Abu Dhabi FC' in my opinion. It is what it is, its what they are, its what his title is. Maybe that changes as the season goes on and it disappears a bit further into the distance but for now the last race and last drivers championship was still literally manipulated for him to win. So the asterisk is absolutely valid (IMO).

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2022, 09:47:48 am »
Senna and Schumacher were both guilty of some of the biggest shithouse driving antics in the history of the sport, but there's no asterisk next to any of their titles
To be fair, I don't think any of this is Verstappen*'s fault. Horner and Masi are to blame. Aswell as the FIA for the debacle at Spa.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2022, 10:11:41 am »
Has there been a more underwhelming car reveal than Red Bull’s yesterday?  The same livery they’ve used for the past 8 years on a digital render of a car that’ll look completely different by the time it gets to testing.

(This isn’t a dig at Red Bull - all the car launches are going to be dull if they’re not really revealing anything other than a slightly new lick of paint.  Or maybe it’s always been this way and I just haven’t noticed until now  :D)

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2022, 10:55:29 am »
the asterisking is pretty pathetic to be fair. evertonian as fuck.
There's a lot of Evertonian behaviour from some Hamilton fans in here. It's exhaustingly pathetic.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2022, 11:10:33 am »
There's a lot of Evertonian behaviour from some Hamilton fans in here. It's exhaustingly pathetic.
Its Evertonian of you to even suggest that Everton would ever get close to winning any title and have the chance to be conned out of it. But look mate, some of us like our sports to have integrity, you don't that's fine, maybe you're better off at home in the WWE thread.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2022, 11:12:09 am »
The Evertonian jibes when discussing an actual title are exhaustingly pathetic.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2022, 11:21:41 am »
Has there been a more underwhelming car reveal than Red Bull’s yesterday?  The same livery they’ve used for the past 8 years on a digital render of a car that’ll look completely different by the time it gets to testing.

(This isn’t a dig at Red Bull - all the car launches are going to be dull if they’re not really revealing anything other than a slightly new lick of paint.  Or maybe it’s always been this way and I just haven’t noticed until now  :D)

From what I understand, Red Bull are hiding their design, which isn't massively surprising I suppose given the vast changes in the regs this year.  Ferrari and Mercedes are apparently going to unveil a 'genuine car', but I'm sure that they'll hide stuff too. 

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2022, 11:33:38 am »
From what I understand, Red Bull are hiding their design, which isn't massively surprising I suppose given the vast changes in the regs this year.  Ferrari and Mercedes are apparently going to unveil a 'genuine car', but I'm sure that they'll hide stuff too. 
they'll all be hiding stuff, we'll find out at the second race that someone has some new invention of course. Just like every year
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2022, 11:47:09 am »
Aren’t the most significant changes on the underside of cars, so won’t be visible to us anyway?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2022, 01:45:19 pm »
Its Evertonian of you to even suggest that Everton would ever get close to winning any title and have the chance to be conned out of it. But look mate, some of us like our sports to have integrity, you don't that's fine, maybe you're better off at home in the WWE thread.
Christ that's an amazing way of missing my point entirely. Congratulations, but at least you tried to have a swipe.
Stan Laurel

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2022, 02:12:10 pm »
Christ that's an amazing way of missing my point entirely. Congratulations, but at least you tried to have a swipe.
What is your point?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2022, 02:16:10 pm »
What is your point?

They don't have one, hence them trying to attack the poster with that evertonian label rather than actually trying to refute the point that poster made.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2022, 02:28:20 pm »
New Aston, the first proper car shown. Looks much pointier than anticipated.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2022, 02:36:40 pm »
vettel really does have considerably more hair than last year.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2022, 02:43:47 pm »
I like the AMR22. In general I think these cars will look much nicer

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2022, 02:45:56 pm »
Went backwards last year Aston Martin

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2022, 03:45:15 pm »
To be fair, I don't think any of this is Verstappen*'s fault. Horner and Masi are to blame. Aswell as the FIA for the debacle at Spa.

It would probably be a lot easier for everyone to stomach if it were Verstappen's fault. Dirty driving not being punished is not that unusual in F1, and there aren't many angels in the sport. Fixing the outcome of a championship deciding race (whether it was the primary goal or not - it was a necessary by product of the goal) by breaking the rules is, and much harder to forget. It fundamentally undermines the sport in a profound and radical way.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 10, 2022, 05:33:22 pm »
They don't have one, hence them trying to attack the poster with that evertonian label rather than actually trying to refute the point that poster made.
They? I'm a single person who's exhausted with so many in here acting like petty children. And I'm not the only one it seems. No where else have I seen the events discussed like on this forum by some (thankfully a minority) and every one else I've seen who supports Hamilton could chat reasonably about the event.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 05:35:00 pm by iamnant »
Stan Laurel

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2022, 05:41:08 pm »
They? I'm a single person

Obviously, they as the generic option to not assume he/she.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2022, 08:50:44 pm »
They? I'm a single person who's exhausted with so many in here acting like petty children. And I'm not the only one it seems. No where else have I seen the events discussed like on this forum by some (thankfully a minority) and every one else I've seen who supports Hamilton could chat reasonably about the event.
So you're exhausted by people who are pissed off over such a blatant sporting travesty; and call people Evertonians over it?
You must have been on oxygen over Ramos then; I believe we were all 'Evertonians' about that  ::)
All except you hey?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2022, 10:55:16 pm »
no no he was chatting 'reasonably' about the event by calling us Evertonians

I mean Vettel and Stroll have basically come out and said exactly the same shit we've been saying here.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2022, 11:17:28 pm »
Nope. We're all (apart from Max and Red Bull fans I'd imagine!) pissed off about the championship basically being decided by Masi like it was -- but Hamilton fans asking for an asteriks next his title, acting as if Verstappen wasn't neck and neck with Hamilton through the whole season saying and acting like complete toddlers about it is exhausting when I'm trying to read people's opinions on an open forum.

Vettel and Stroll have said what I felt about it as well. But no other Hamilton fans are acting like absolute melts about it like some of you are, and your replies just further prove my point.
Stan Laurel

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2022, 11:45:58 pm »
Seems to me that both Max and Hamilton were worthy winners last year.  That it came to Max was in the end down to luck. And that wasn’t just that in the last race. It goes across the course of a season.

The rule change at the start of last season stuffed Mercedes’ somewhat, they did really well to catch up given that, and were certainly a wee bit unlucky at the end.
Of course I’d be fucking raging if I were Hamilton, I really would be, but it wasn’t Max’s fault, and Hamilton was magnanimous in the bitterest of defeats.

That kind of mistake must never happen again, but far worse has happened in F1, and I remoter when Senna was banned for re entering the track inthe wrong fashion which was an insanely harsh punishment (mostly for not being french).  F1 has always been screwed up, it’s what makes it so fun, there’s more than a little WWE about it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2022, 12:01:44 am »
Nope. We're all (apart from Max and Red Bull fans I'd imagine!) pissed off about the championship basically being decided by Masi like it was -- but Hamilton fans asking for an asteriks next his title, acting as if Verstappen wasn't neck and neck with Hamilton through the whole season saying and acting like complete toddlers about it is exhausting when I'm trying to read people's opinions on an open forum.

Vettel and Stroll have said what I felt about it as well. But no other Hamilton fans are acting like absolute melts about it like some of you are, and your replies just further prove my point.
I can understand the * calls about Verstappens 'victory'; it was a travesty and should have an * next to it.
I've looked around a couple of F1 forums, and the same things that are getting said on here, are also getting said on there.
So if we're 'petty children' and 'exhaustingly pathetic' maybe you are need to ask yourself "Am I the baddy here?"  ;)

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2022, 08:21:51 am »
I can understand the * calls about Verstappens 'victory'; it was a travesty and should have an * next to it.
I've looked around a couple of F1 forums, and the same things that are getting said on here, are also getting said on there.
So if we're 'petty children' and 'exhaustingly pathetic' maybe you are need to ask yourself "Am I the baddy here?"  ;)

I'm sure this tete-a-tete is pretty boring for everyone else now, especially since we essentially agree on the whole matter. Let's move on.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 08:24:30 am by iamnant »
Stan Laurel

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2022, 07:45:27 pm »
https://twitter.com/F1/status/1492222386598518789

mclaren. looks like a real car but who knows.

the aston side pods so far are an outlier.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2022, 07:51:54 pm »
https://twitter.com/F1/status/1492222386598518789

mclaren. looks like a real car but who knows.

the aston side pods so far are an outlier.
The Aston is interesting… it essentially gives it a double floor with a tunnel between  the two to funnel the air down..

It’s much wider than the Hass at the back end (which seems very narrow)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W